Sakura Petals

By Animelover171

Just before Zabuza's death, he gives Sakura a scroll, a scroll with a sword that will change her life forever... More

The Scroll
First Apperances
The Chunin Exams
The Written Exam
The Written Exam Pt 2
The Forest of Death
Bitten
Not Sorry
Apologies, It's a Start
One on One
Sakura vs Ino
Keep It
Results
His Name
Training
The Elements
In The Air
Sensei Returns
Let The Battles Begin
Show Em' Who's Boss
The One Tailed Beast
Fragments of a Blade
Heart to Heart
Silent Goodbyes
Sequels!
Goodbye For Now
Sooo...

The Forest of Death pt 2

14.6K 651 301
By Animelover171

Rewritten as of 25OCT19

Sakura's POV

Five minutes.

That's it.

That's all it took.

It's been five fucking minutes and things have already gone to shit in a hand basket.

Almost as soon as we started Naruto claimed he had to take a leak and had went behind the bushes to 'go'. But when he came back it was obviously not him. He was missing the scratch on his cheek and his kunai pouch was in the wrong place.

This guy was all sorts of fucked up.

So after we took care of the guy and rescued Naruto, Sasuke came up with a code word that was way too diffucult for Naruto to remember.

If his blubbering was anything to go by.

As soon as the code word was said we were all attacked by a giant gust of wind that had seperated us for no more than two minutes. After the dust had settled I found Sasuke who I reapeted the code word to to prove that it was me. Another second later Naruto had shown up and said the same thing. At first I was relieved but then...

No Sakura, don't believe it. Naruto had even said before we all got separated that he couldn't memorize the password, so how can he remember it now? It's not him, he's a copy!

I never even thought about that before.

How could I be so stupid.

"You're not Naruto, there's no way the moron could remember such a long and difficult code word." Sasuke said to which the Naruto clone released the henge, revealing the Grass ninja that the scroll had told me to stay away from at all cost.

He vibrates violently against my leg.

Listen to me Sakura, both of your teammates are in grave danger, you must do everything you can to escape! I don't know what it is, but you have to trust me!

I wasn't going to sit around and question a scroll.

"Sasuke, we have to leave, we can't take him on by ourselves! Plus we need to find Naruto, we don't know what might have happened to him in the blast!" I yelled out to Sasuke only to have him scowl at me causing me to flinch.

"Shut up Sakura, you don't know anything about being a ninja or how to even properly fight. I can tell just by looking at this guy that he's probably more of a rookie than we are. You go find Naruto by yourself, if you can handle it, but just stay out of my way, you got it!?" It had felt like a punch in the gut to hear him say those words to me. After all I still really care about him. I know I've been distracted lately with the scroll, it's a new voice in my head after all, but that didn't change the way I had felt about him. But now...

I couldn't help the way my stomach had dropped or the way my throat had gotten all tight. A little part of me loved him less now, a lot less.

Ignore him Sakura. He'll soon figure out not only what your teacher means by looking underneath the underneath, but what you mean when you say he can't do it by himself. We'll be back soon, but we really need to find Naruto right now.

I tried to push away everything I was feeling and instead went in search for Naruto. The scroll was right, as of right now I know that both Sasuke and I are alive and well, I have to find Naruto.

I took off into the trees in search of my other teammate, fighting off the tears that had clouded my vision. It didn't take long to find Nartuo, however when I did I wasn't expecting him to be wrapped around the tail of a giant snake.

I really don't like the feeling of this Sakura.

I know, neither do I.

I replied as I felt a wave of terror come over my entire being.

"Ok, what the hell is up with this forest!?" Naruto yelled as the snake lifted him higher and opened up it's mouth, getting ready to swallow him, adding to my horror.

"Naruto, look out!" I yellled, but it was too late. The giant snake had swallowed him whole. "No! Naruto!" What was I going to do? As much as I truly hated to admit it, Sasuke and Naruto are right, I'm not strong enough.

Sakura, stop doubting yourself. At times like this you can't think negatively. Even against all odds you must always believe in yourself that you'll be able to win against any enemy.

How can I though? I'm all alone. Being put on a team and being sent on missions was supposed to help me bacome stonger, but I was never able to do anything because the guys had always told me to stay away, they never gave me a chance to fight on my own or along side them so I was never able to grow. What am I supposed to do now that I'm all alone?

You aren't alone Sakura, you have me. Use me!

What do you mean use you? You mean as a sword? But I've never been able to use you before, what makes you think I can now?

This, exactly this conversation and the reason we're having it. You can talk to me, out side of your dreams, which is rare all on it's own. Your body is also calling upon your inner strength. Most people have a fight or flight instinc in their bodies, despite never having been in a real battle your body is telling you to fight because your body knows you can. Listen to it. Fight. Use me and FIGHT!

All of a sudden my mind went blank. I couldn't see anything, but I was able to hear.

The rustling of the leaves, the howling of the wind, and the muffled yells of my team mate calling my name. My hand had a mind of it's own and went to my hip where I felt a new heavy weight on my side. My eyes snapped open as I grabbed a hold of the hilt of the sword that appeared.

I could hear it, the name.

The name of the Samurai in the scroll.

The name of the voice in my head.

The name of my Zanpakuto.

"SENBONZAKURA!"

A large gust of wind blew around me as I pulled my zanpakuto free from its' sheath and held it in front of me. The blade glared against the sun as I briefly inspected it. I couldn't admire it for too long because I had a stupid team mate that needed my help. I pushed myself forward with the blade in hand, charging for the snake that had swallowed my team mate.

"Let him go!" I yelled as I swung my sword down from above my head, hitting the snake on it's back. For a brief second I didn't think that the sword would do much against the scales, but I guess the sword was much sharper than I thought it was because it sliced through the snake like it was butter. The beast wailed before swinging its' head around to look at me. It looked ready to strike but stopped half way before it looked to where I cut through it before it screeched again as thousands of Naruto clones emerged from the hole I'd created, causing the snake to tear completely in half, killing the beast once and for all.

I looked down to the sword covered in the blood belonging to the snake and smiled to myself.

I did it. Well, sort of. I helped Naruto escape the snake, but he wouldn't have been able to do it without me.

"Sakura-chan?" I looked up to Naruto who had called my name, he looked at me with confusion. "What are you doing here?"

"I came here to help you." I said as I walked closer to my team mate. Relief flooding my system after seeing the unharmed blonde.

"What do you mean, I don't need your help Sakura, I got out all by myself." I gaped at him. I mean I guess he couldn't exactly see me do it, but how does he explain the hole all of his clones escaped from?

"Naruto, where do you think all your clones got out from?" I asked as I stared at him.

"Huh, what do you mean? The snake just exploded with the amount of clones I made. I mean there wasn't that many that I had to make which was surprising, but that's what did it." Naruto said. Part of me wanted to explain to him that it was the hole I made with the sword that let him out but decided against it, he'd probably make some comment about that being impossible because I was a civilian born, and I swear if he makes some kind of comment about that again, Team 7 will be short one member and the Hokage wont have a son to take his place as the next Hokage.

I sighed and shook my head.

"Whatever, Naruto. Sasuke's fighting all alone right now against that grass ninja from earlier and I really think he's underestimating his opponent. I didn't like the feeling he gave when he came out cloned to be you."

"Well I'm sure Sasuke's fine, but let's go back to him anyway. We have to finish this together after all." I sighed happily at his words. I was still put off by the events that just happened, but decided not to worry about it for the time being, considering we still had a teammate that was fighting all on his own.

That idiot, he better not die.

The Uchiha Clan would have my head if anything too serious were to happen to him.

Naruto and I took to the trees, my zanpakuto back in it's sheath at my hip. As we were running back to my other idiot teammate, Sanbonzakura spoke to me.

I'm glad that you are now able to use me in battle. Though there is much to learn, this was an important step to strengthening our bond. But might I suggest something? I know that they're your teammates, but their doubt in you as not only a fellow ninja but as their team mate will put you all in danger one day, if it hasn't already. But maybe you should look into getting a new team or leaving this one for a while. They need to mature mentally, and you need to get stronger physically. If you stay on this team, that may not happen. And if you can't permanently leave the team, then perhaps find a way to train with out them around.

I couldn't help but sigh, he was right.

He was so right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 93 14
Naruto has always known he was different. From the moment his mind could form conscious thoughts, he knew that he wasn't like everyone else. For, bur...
142K 6.4K 23
The harsh reality strike down Sakura extremely to the point where it left an everlasting impact as a result, permanently changing her. Life was not a...
663K 19.7K 38
After encountering a strange shinobi, Boruto and Sarada are send back in the past. TIME TRAVEL FANFICTION [Completed]{Under Editing}
387K 19.7K 90
~I did what I did previously, I won't be the helpless little girl anymore. I will be preventing all I can. After all I am a Shinobi of the leaf~ Saku...