The Unexpected [Boy x Boy Rom...

Autorstwa thegaytomes

Donnie, the sought after jock who had it all, and Derek, the alluring bad boy who seemed to be going nowhere... Więcej

Chapter One: You Started It
Chapter Two: The Set Up
Chapter Three: The First Meeting
Chapter Four: Break The Shell
Chapter Five: Drinking, Dancing, and Divas
Chapter Seven: Confessions and Kisses
Chapter Eight: Tender Musings
Chapter Nine: A Greek Tragedy
Chapter Ten: Exploration
Chapter Eleven: The Understatement of the Year
Chapter Twelve: I'm Gonna Miss You (Final Chapter)

Chapter Six: Burger Boys

22K 867 203
Autorstwa thegaytomes

Donnie didn't tell Derek about what happened in the car that night. He was still a little confused about it himself, really. Such a strange thing to happen... Then again, it was Derek. Drunk Derek. The guy was already weird and impulsive enough as it is, Donnie should have seen something like this happening after the guy drank half his weight in alcohol. Still, he couldn't help but feel like there was something strange and desperate about that kiss. And as much as he wanted to know what the hell it was about, he dare not bring it up. Not yet. Donnie wasn't always the brightest crayon in the box, but there were some things that were obvious - asking Derek about that situation in the car the other night out right would be a bad move, and make him clam up. And Donnie had just gotten him to start opening up. Sort of. He had to ease into this. Get Derek to open up a little more. Maybe break those walls down a little more before asking anything. Anything having to do with kissing another male. As badly as Donnie wanted answers, they were going to have to wait. This was just something he needed to be sensitive about. Besides, he doubted Derek even remembered.

Unfortunately, Derek hadn't really given Donnie any time to ease into any sort of conversation. In fact, Derek didn't give him any time to talk at all. That entire week following the incident, Derek was nowhere to be seen. He had skipped the entire week of classes, which caused Donnie to grow suspicious. What the hell was this about? Derek was kind of an idiot low life, but he wasn't stupid enough to miss an entire week of class. It also screwed up their scheduled meetings, and Donnie didn't like that. It made things complicated with the principal. And he was left alone with Aiden. Which was also kind of weird... So, that Friday, Donnie decided to see if he could get an explanation out of Derek. Which meant hunting the guy down and going to his home. Which he didn't particularly want to do, but he was tired of being screwed over. He wanted answers.

It was easy, getting Derek's address. Students weren't exactly allowed to get information on their fellow students from the office, but it only took a few minutes of persuading Gordon for him to spill the beans. Gordon, stupidly, still had a shred of trust in Donnie, and Donnie took advantage of that. That and the fact that he told the guy that it would help with their 'bonding exercises' and bullshit like that. But it worked, and that was all that mattered. So, with the address plugged into his phone, Donnie hopped into his car and pulled out of the upperclassmen's parking lot of the school.

The trip to Derek's house wasn't long, but... It was uncomfortable. He quickly realized that Derek lived in... A questionable part of town. Donnie hadn't even been in this part of town. Or, hadn't been that often. He didn't like to be in this part of town. It wasn't exactly.... Great. Actually, it was the shame of their town. Apparently it was where 'thugs' lived. Where people that couldn't hold a steady job lived. Where the uneducated scum lived. Where bad people lived. It certainly made him feel uncomfortable being here but Donnie couldn't change that. He was here for Derek, and just because Derek was unfortunate enough to live in this place didn't mean he couldn't visit. As his friends liked to put it, he just had to 'grow a pair' and do what he came to do.

Coming up on the address, Donnie parked his car in front of the apartment building. It was an old brick building, only a few levels high. It had a strange beauty to it, actually... It was old, the red brick dirtied and untended to. There was ivy growing, almost vein like across the bold walls. He had noticed that this went for much of the layout and architecture of this neighborhood. It had a rustic, dilapidated wonder to it. It had a rustic feel which was only pleasing to those that had to pass by. It was probably awful for those that lived there. 

Donnie entered the building and managed to find Derek's apartment. So far the place looked... Livable. Donnie was still skeptical. And to be honest... He was worried about what he'd see on the other side of the door he was now standing in front of. Derek's life might be complicated. Might not be. Might be a mess. Donnie didn't know if he was prepared for any of that. He didn't know if he was ready to dive in head first. Some people.... Some people were more trouble than they were worth. And Derek definitely gave off that vibe. But, Donnie promised he'd try and get along with the guy, and he usually went all in when he took part in this sort of thing. Even if this sort of thing had to deal with feelings and junk. He was already too involved with Derek to turn back now. "Fuck it," he mumbled, finally knocking roughly at the door. "Fuck it."

Derek answered the door. Looking like shit, as usual. And this time, smelling like it, too.

Donnie's lips formed a thin line, his nostrils flared. "Dude. Come on." Derek gave him the same shit stink look. "What the fuck are you doing here? Are you out of your mind?" Donnie didn't answer right away. Instead, he looked over the other male, a look of slight disgust still on his face. His hair was a mess, his clothes... Only God knew how long he had been wearing the same outfit. What struck Donnie most, though, was the purple-blue smudge smeared over his left eye and reaching over the bridge of his nose. Knowing Derek, that could have been from anything. Idiot. Probably ran into a door. Donnie rolled his eyes at the thoughts and speculations he was having, and shooed them away. "C'mon. I'm taking you somewhere." He grabbed for Derek's shirt, but Derek recoiled. "Hey Fagerella I'm not going on a pity date with you so back the fuck up." Obviously, he wasn't going to go easily. Donnie eyed Derek for a moment, eyebrows raised in dull amusement. "Don't call me that again. And don't worry about it, I wouldn't date a trash bag like you if my life depended on it. I promised the warden at the school we'd catch up on our lovely chats since you've been gone for a week - thanks for that, by the way - and I don't want to do it here. I figured you wouldn't mind going somewhere and getting some free food. I'm paying for it. Come on." The prospect of free food peaked Derek's interest. He watched Donnie though squinted eyes, before finally following behind to the other's car.

The drive was quiet. Which was actually nice for a change. For once Derek wasn't talking Donnie's ear off about something stupid or completely unimportant or inappropriate. But, at the same time, it rose some questions. Derek was never quiet. Why start now? As curious as Donnie was, he didn't start the conversation yet. Talking about this serious junk in he car didn't seem right. Instead, he kept quiet until they rolled up to the drive-thru of some fast food place Donnie couldn't be any less interested in. Derek, however, was all smiles. He practically ordered everything from the menu. Still, Donnie didn't mind. There seemed to be a hint of sadness in Derek's aura today, and Donnie wanted to patch that up, even if it was just with food. When the two got their orders ready and situated, he made his way to the park. It was the ideal meeting place. Probably why they kept coming back to it.

Normally, the two would sit at a bench or picnic table or something boring like that. This time, Donnie brought Derek someplace else. Someplace nice and quiet, and where they wouldn't be bothered. It was a great place, in fact. And beautiful, if he did say so himself. It was a secluded area of the park not many people went to, since it was off the beaten path. Next to an old pond no one visited anymore. The water had turned a green color a long time ago, but ducks still frequented since there were all sorts of critters swimming around in there. As unpleasant as it sounded, visually, it was a masterpiece. A large willow tree grew next to it, too, providing ample amounts of shade. The long tendrils of branches and leaves hung to the ground, making a perfect getaway. The grass was green, the smells were fresh, and the colors of the flowers and other plants were inviting. It was unbelievably relaxing. That's why Donnie liked it. Whenever he got mad or fed up, he'd visit this place and would feel one hundred percent better. He just hoped it had the same effect on Derek. He was a harder case to crack.

The two sat down in the grass, letting the thin branches of the willow envelop them. Donnie handed Derek his bag full of food, smiling slightly at how eager Derek was to stuff his face. Donnie had gotten a milkshake. Not the healthiest thing, but... There wasn't much to choose from in the healthy department, when looking at a fast food menu. He poked at the thick chocolate drink a few times, sitting in silence. He let the moment sink in before bothering to speak. "So," he began carefully, "where you been all week? Me and Mr. Teen Psychologist have been missing you." Derek, with a mouth full of cardiac arrest, shrugged his shoulders. "I been busy." Busy? Right. Donnie snorted quietly, smiling dryly at the comment. "I thought it was because we partied too hard over the weekend. But, you know, it doesn't take someone a week to get over a hangover. Not even you." Derek gave an annoyed grunt. "I just told you. I was busy. Get the fuck off my case, mom." Donnie shook his head and looked away. He looked out at the water, noticing the differences in the wave pattern. The little waves and ripples looked odd, with the big willow tree protecting it from most of the wind. "How'd you get that black eye?" Silence. He glanced over at Derek, who stopped eating, mid chew. Okay. Maybe not the best idea to bring that up now. Maybe he should have waited a little longer. Warmed up to Derek a little more. But it was already out there. Might as well roll with the punches from here on out. Little did he know they'd be... Literal punches.

Derek, being the asshole that he was, dropped his grease burger, and swung at the side of Donnie's head. Direct hit. Donnie obviously wasn't expecting that. He dropped his drink and fell over where he sat, clasping at his ears. They rang violently and the colors around them he thought were so beautiful were blown out. All was bright white, and then he saw spots. It took a moment to register. He lay there on his side for a moment, his brain trying to process what had happened. Did Derek really punch him? Even more pressing, did Derek really want to go down this road? Donnie was the best wrestler in the entire school. So much so that he'd have scholarships coming out the ass, if and when he went to college. That said something. And Derek chose to fight with that? It was a losing battle. Just as soon as Donnie actually realized that this was reality, and that that had just happened.

He had just started coming around when Derek jumped on him and began to claw, trying to grab at Donnie's face or throat or... Anything. He had to admit, the kid was scrappy. He had guts. But he fought like an epileptic with anger issues. Which, Donnie was starting to think was an accurate description of this guys style as a whole. He managed to roll over onto his back and get his knee up high enough to where he could thrust it into Derek's stomach, which was pretty effective. Derek fell over like a ton of lead, grabbing at the stomach he had just stuffed half of a disgusting burger into. Donnie grabbed Derek by the arms, pulled them away from his body, and rolled him onto his stomach. He straddled the other male, keeping his hands occupied and accounted for, while making sure the idiot was pinned with a sharp knee in the lower back. This was hardly wrestling, at this point. Donnie felt more like a police officer without the cuffs. Or the uniform. "That was a bad decision Derek." He squirmed and struggled beneath Donnie's weight, but it didn't do any good. "Tell me. Where'd you get that black eye?" Derek's silent treatment continued. He tried to wiggle from Donnie's grip once more, but the result was the same. He seemed to give up after that, laying limp against the cool grass. "You don't need to know where I got this black eye. Stop asking about it. I... Don't want to talk about it." Well... That was better than nothing. At least he was speaking now, and not acting like some huge asshole that couldn't use his words. Donnie was glad Derek was finally acting more adult. That was commendable. But. Donnie didn't lay off. "Do you remember anything from last weekend?" Donnie watched Derek turn his head to the side and give Donnie a sideways glance. "I... Remember bits and pieces." Donnie tried hard not to smile. Seemed like Derek was in denial about a thing or two. It made him wonder how much of their weekend together he actually did remember, and what was blotted out by the pesky alcohol.

The thoughts bounced around in his head for a moment. Derek was slowly opening up to him. He was being more vocal. At least, after those stupid attempts at being 'bad ass'. Still, they were steps in the right direction. The changes in Derek were small. They were things no one would notice. But Donnie noticed. Derek was being more... Open. Vulnerable. And Donnie was feeling that he could trust this guy. This stupid, stupid guy. Derek was... Trying. He could tell, slowly but surely, Derek was starting to trust him, too. Finally, the smile graced Donnie's lips. He eased up on Derek, and rolled him over onto his back. He still seemed to be okay with being man handled, because he didn't try anything rash. No kicking, no cursing, no annoying backtalk. He just lay there, staring up at Donnie with a mildly annoyed look on his face. It made Donnie want to laugh. "Well... Since you don't really remember anything from last night, maybe this will jog your memory." His smile took a sly turn, and he dipped his head down just enough for his own lips to graze against Derek's in a tender, personal manner. After a moment passed, Donnie pulled away. He gazed down at the male underneath him, expecting the hardened teen to pit and sputter in disgust, and try to crawl away, but... He didn't. Derek just stared back. He was confused. Donnie could tell by the look in his eyes. He was flustered. Donnie could tell by the pink dusting his cheeks. And he wanted more. Donnie could tell by the way Derek slowly licked his bottom lip. So, Donnie gave him what he wanted, this time, with a little more passion. Nothing too extreme. Nothing to scare Derek off. Just enough to make the other feel comfortable. To let him know that this was okay. Normal.

And honestly, Donnie kind of liked it. And as a plus, Derek tasted like burgers.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.1K 45 10
----------------------- Y/N had just moved to a very new place, he didn't know what to expect. Y/N didn't want to, but he had to. So, this meant new...
12.2K 182 24
Alex returns to his home town or now city. It's his first time in university, with his old best friend Leah. He finds himself stuck with a roommate...
639K 35.9K 56
Its journey of two opposite personalities. Will they fall in love or become enemies... Let's see.... *I don't own any characters. This story is pure...
154 8 7
his first day at new school didn't go as well as mark planned. He's had many problem in the past, due to his sexuality. He thought they would accept...