Ready For Love Book 1

נכתב על ידי intellectual212

Read to find out. עוד

Ready For Love
Chapter 2
CHAPTER 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
AUTHOR'S NOTE/ CALL FOR IDEAS
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Question For My Readers - Please Read Y'all
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
For The Lurkers and Biters
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
To Sequel or not to Sequel?
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
FOR THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE MY LEADING LADY
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
CHAPTER 60
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!
FINAL CHAPTER - EPILOGUE

Chapter 14

74.9K 3K 1.7K
נכתב על ידי intellectual212

****So I read this and I had to repost it. I thought it was hilarious.

"When you see a roach at night you turn into August Alsina "Ain't nobody sleepin' till we kill this bitch!" 

Sorry for the randomness but Aug fans know where this person got that from. Okay on to the story. Thanks for reading loves!" ****

AMBER P.O.V. –

I was sitting at my kitchen table reading this morning’s Atlanta JournalConstitution, drinking a cup of coffee, when August entered. He was shirtless, but he had on his sweat-pants from the previous night.

“Remind me not to sleep with yo ass no more.” He said yawning and scratching his bare chest.

“Why,” I looked over the brim of my reading glasses.

“Cause your ass be holding on to me for dear life. I’m yours. A nigga ain’t gon leave in the middle of the night.”

“Whatever.” I took a sip of my coffee.

“I’m playing.” He grinned and leaned down to give me a kiss. I turned my head away and he grabbed me into a bear hug, planting sloppy kisses all over my face.

“You got your slob all over me.” I pushed him away. He chuckled and stretched.

“I made you breakfast. It’s on the stove. It should be hot, but if not, you can warm it in the microwave.”

He walked over to the stove and peeked in the pots and pans. “You cooked this?” He looked at me surprise.

“Who else?”

He picked up a spoon and scooped up some grits out the pot. And with a full mouth said. “A nigga eating like a king today. What I got? I got shrimp, grits, eggs, biscuits. Damn Amb. I ain’t never had no shit like this for breakfast in my life.”

He fixed himself a plate and put it in the microwave.

“I only did it because you have an exam today. That’s motivation for you to pass it.” I flipped through the pages of the newspaper.

“If you cooking shit like this now, I can’t imagine what I’m gonna get when I give you this Home Depot.”

“Home Depot?” I furrowed my eyebrows unsure of what he was talking about.

“This good wood.” He said picking up a shrimp out the skillet and eating it.

“August, shut up.”

 “I didn’t take you as the cooking type.” He looked in the refrigerator and got out some Grape Juice.

“Why?”

“You know. A lot of them professional independent types, they can’t cook. And they don’t do shit like this. Especially for no man.”

He got a clean glass out the cabinet and poured some juice.

“Thanks for stereotyping me.” I said sincerely offended, he would lump me into a category.

“Babe, I’m not stereotyping you. I’m just saying what’s real. They don’t.”

“I’m not them.” I got a little upset at his comments.

I got up, brushed pass him and started clearing off the stove.  

August came up behind me and put both his arms around my waist. “Don’t be giving me no damn attitude this early in the morning. I’ll throw you over this counter right now.”

I removed his hands. “You got food on your hands I don’t want to get my dress dirty.”

The microwave beeped.

“Amber stop being sensitive.” He got his plate from the microwave and went to the table to eat.

I washed the dirty pots, being careful not to get my dress dirty.

“This is good baby. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” I put the pots in the cabinet. “When is your spring break?”

“Next week. Why?” He said peeling the shell off a shrimp and eating it.

“You ever been anywhere for spring break?” I dried my hands on a towel that was on the counter.

“Sophomore year me and Stacy went to LA. But that’s cause her mother live out there.” He stirred up his grits and took a bite.

“Hmf.” I was irritated just hearing her name.

“Don’t do that.” He stopped eating.

“I didn’t do anything.”

“You did. You started huffing and puffing like you the damn wolf bout to blow somebody fucking house down, when I mentioned Stacy. I told you we just cool. She like a sister to me.”

“I guess.” I put the juice back slightly slamming the refrigerator door.

He let his fork fall to his plate and rubbed is forehead like he had a headache.

“You making me fucking mad Amb.”

“Why? Because I don’t trust your little friend.” I made sure to emphasize little.

He got up, came over to me and got in my face.

“First off, we wouldn’t be together if it wasn’t for her. She the one told me to come over here and make shit right. So instead of hating on her, you should be fucking thanking her. Hmf. That.”

He got the plate from the table and slightly threw it on the counter. I knew he wasn’t done eating, but he was angry.  He was about to leave out the kitchen, but I softly grabbed his arm.

“I’m sorry baby.” I kissed his cheek. “Finish your food.”

I handed him his plate. He took it and went back to the table.

There was a moment of silence as I wiped off the counter. Then he spoke.

“Now what were you saying about spring break?” He didn’t look up at me taking a bite of his biscuit.

“I was going to say I have some vacation time that I haven’t used. I think we should go somewhere.”

“Like where?” He sucked his teeth, trying to remove the food between them.

“I always really wanted to go to Paris.”

“Paris? Like Paris, France?” He scrunched his face, like he smelt something bad.  

“Not Paris, Texas.” I was wondering why he was being so negative about it. I thought he would love the idea.

“I ain’t got no money for that.”

“Don’t worry about it baby, I’ll take care of it.”

“I’m not letting you do that. A fucking flight alone is 1,500 dollars and that’s coach.” He took a sip of his juice.

“August, you’re always doing stuff for other people, let me do this for you. Plus, my friends a travel agent and she can get us a really good deal.”

“I said no.”

I didn’t understand why he was being so difficult when I said, I would pay for it. It was a freaking free trip, just say yes.

“Why?”

“One, I know how you like to hit below the belt when we argue. I go, we get into it, I ain’t never gon hear the end of that shit. Two, I don’t want to give your crazy ass mama no more ideas that I’m taking advantage of you.”

“Who cares what she thinks August. And I promise never to bring it up, no matter how angry I get.”

“I’m cool.” He drank the last of his juice.

“August.” I watched him as he got up from the table.

“I said I’m cool.” He emptied the excess food from his plate in the garbage. I went over to him, grabbed him by his waist, and in my sweetest voice said.

“It’s your senior year baby. You’re doing great academically, you’re about to graduate,  you deserve this. On top of that, you’re doing a phenomenal job taking care of your family and me. Let me cater to you baby. Just this once. ” I kissed his lips.

“Cook like this everyday. That’s all the catering I need.” He kissed me back.

I let him go, feeling salty. “Well I guess I have to take Idris.”

“Take him. And when you come back, know both y’all asses getting beat.” He put his plate in the sink.

“You know they say Paris is the place for lovers. You might get lucky.” I pulled at the waist of his sweat pants seductively.

“I’m celibate. I can wait.”

I softly hit his arm. He grinned and pulled me close.

“Stop being so stubborn Aug. I need a vacation and I don’t want to go alone. Pwetty, please.” I touched the sides of his face.

He looked down at me. He was biting on his teeth so I saw his jaw moving.

“No. Now go get your stuff ready. I’mma take you to work.” He kissed my forehead and ran upstairs.

“August!” I yelled after him.

“Be ready when I get down.” He yelled back.

I let out a silentl scream in frustration. I didn’t understand what the big deal was. Who wouldn’t want to go to Paris? Especially with their significant other. I gathered my things, and Aug came back down fully clothed.

“Why did you want to take me to work today? You took today off. Plus you got to go home and get ready for school.”

“Just because. And I want you to roll somewhere with me later. So if I’mma pick you up,  it’s pointless for you to drive.” He put on his snapback and shoes.

We got in his car and headed to work.

“You really mad at me over some petty shit?” He looked over at me. I was looking out the window, pouting basically.

“Why would I be mad August?”

“I’m not even finna deal with this shit.” He sighed and shook his head.

 “I just don’t understand why you didn’t want to go. I offered to fucking pay!” I raised my voice looking at him.

“Don’t be fucking yelling at me.” He rubbed his nose, trying to remain calm.

“I’m a grown ass woman, I can yell whenever the fuck I want.”

“You impossible you know that. If I don’t want to go, I don’t want to fucking go. You can’t make me do some shit I don’t want to do.”

“Whatever August, just drive so I can get to work.” I took my phone out my briefcase and scrolled through it.

“You testing me Amber. I’ll pull this fucking car over and make your ass walk.”

“Fine. I’ll gladly walk. Stop the car.”

He fanned me and kept driving.

Mind you, August and I were far from both my house and my job at this point.

But I was over him and his bitch fits every time I wanted to do something. I should’ve drove my damn self. He didn’t stop, so I opened the car door. He stopped the car, and I got out.

“Are you fucking crazy?” He yelled at me.

I ignored him and started walking. He pulled over to the side of the road, and got out running behind me as traffic zoomed by. He grabbed me roughly by my arm.

“Get in the fucking car.”

I yanked my arm away. “Don’t touch me!”

 “You bout to kill both of us, cause you upset I don’t wanna go?”

“August, just fucking go. Please. I was trying to do something nice for us, to spend more time together. And as usual, you have one of your little bitch fits.”  

I picked up my briefcase, which had now fallen. He snatched the briefcase from me.

“Give me my stuff August.” I reached for it, he yanked it away.

“You wanna know why I don’t want to go?”

“No, I don’t. Give me my shit.” I reached for it again, he yanked it away.

“I don’t wanna go because it don’t feel right.”

“What are you talking about August?” I reached for it again, he yanked it away.

“You doing shit for me. I’m a man. I’m supposed to be able to take care of you. And I can’t do that. You know how inadequate that shit make me feel?  You wanting to do shit, and me not being able to provide that for you. Shit make me feel low man. Like a nigga aint’ doing something right. Like I don’t deserve to be with you. Stop making shit harder for me.”

 I saw tears start to roll down his eyes, he shoved my briefcase at me, and walked back to his car.  

I stood there speechless. How could I not know? Here I was thinking I was inadequate, not knowing he felt the same way, due to different circumstances. I never wanted him to feel that way. And I was really sorry if I had ever did anything to make him feel that way. I sighed heavily, gathered myself, then got back into the car.

He wiped his eyes and drove off. It was silent the rest of the way. We didn’t look at each other either. I guess too ashamed. We had to talk about it later, but now wasn’t the time. We pulled up to my job, and I put my cellphone in my briefcase.

“What time are you going to pick me up?” I looked over at him.

He looked out the window and played with the beard hair on his chin.

“Five. My nieces got a dance recital. I want you to meet them.”

“Alright. Good luck on your exam. I know you will do well. Give me a kiss.” He quickly pecked my lips, then turned back facing the window. I got out. He watched me walk inside, then drove off.  

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

51.2K 1.3K 44
Read to find out
1.3K 74 28
Read the book to find out.......
4.2M 102K 50
Read .....