Master's Vampire (Book 1 of T...

By c_kewpid

Evelyn, a Disabled vampire, slowly learns about feelings after being bought by her Master as a gift for his h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 24

5.7K 329 49
By c_kewpid

Yesterday morning, all the servants were summoned. It was a big deal because along with Uncle Dietrich and Lady Dietrich, Master was also present.

Alvena and Nero are missing.

Orders are to bring them back to the castle at all costs. Any disruptors or obstacles will be eliminated if necessary. Anyone found to be conspiring with the "kidnapping" of the Pureblood will be subject to punishment. The matter shall stay within the household so anyone who leaks the news out will also receive retribution.

After that, the entire Dietrich household went about a hunt for the mother and son.

Master questioned me first of course. I told him the truth—everything I saw the other day. He was very upset with me and is still upset. However, at the time of their departure from the castle, I was serving Lady Dietrich and thus, excused from too harsh of a punishment.

So now, everyone is desperately looking. And I, with all my heart, hoped that I wouldn't find them. I hoped that if they were to be taken back, it wouldn't have to be me.

But alas, right in front of me I see my madam holding the hand of her Pureblood child, getting into a carriage to leave Argid. It was a wild guess on my end that they'd be in an alley.

"Alvena, you can't take Nero," I call from the back, taking my time to approach them.

Mistress panics as she picks up her dress to walk a little faster. "Evie, please. Let us leave."

"Master gave orders to everyone to find you," I say neutrally. "Uncle Dietrich demanded that we capture you and 'save' Nero," I add on another note. "They say you are kidnapping the Pureblood."

Alvena urges Nero to step in the carriage first, in which the latter abides. She then approaches me and holds my hand in hers.

"Evie. Nero is my son. How can this be kidnapping?" she asks, tears running from her eyes.

"You can't run away. They'll find you." I didn't want to be so blunt. Lucien says that I might appear insensitive sometimes. But urgent situations are best handled this way in my opinion.

"You're right," Alvena agrees sadly before taking my hands into hers. "Unless you help us."

I look into her eyes, trying my best to discern how much of that statement was a joke. Unfortunately, no signs implicated that.

"I can't. Orders are to capture you and retrieve the Pureblood."

Alvena is about to cry again, but Nero gets out of the carriage and appears by his mother's side in mere seconds. His presence gives Mistress the courage to stand up taller and look me in the eye.

"How do you think we got so far without being noticed?" Mistress doesn't wait for my answer. "If you insist on stopping us," she pauses to hold Nero's shoulders before finishing, "we will have to do to you what we did to the others."

I look at the young boy in front of me. I don't doubt what he can do to me, but I'm still obligated to give an explanation when I get back to the castle.

Seeing me hesitate and taking my silence as an answer, Alvena sadly trails back into the carriage, leaving the Pureblood with me.

Even though he's only half my height, he diffuses an aura of authority that surpasses that of his superiors. Anyone can tell that this child is no ordinary vampire noble. Thus, I'm very curious how he managed to slip past so many people in broad daylight for more than an entire day.

"Mother and I hate to have to do this, but since I'm fond of you Evelyn, I'll give you the option to choose," Nero states sadly. "Would you...prefer to have your mind erased or your memories manipulated?"

I send him a blank stare. If he can do all that, he certainly is an extremely gifted child.

Seeing as I give no answer, he speaks again.

"Of course there's always the other option."

He turns to the carriage before looking back hopefully at me with his big golden eyes. But before I get to reply, an unfortunate searcher stumbles into the alley. I recognize it as one of the servants.

Nero vanishes and reappears next to him, giving the poor vampire a fright. With a single command, the servant is brought to a kneel.

"You shall have no more memory of me," he orders.

The servant repeats this as he staggers back in the direction of the castle.

I look at Nero who is unfazed.

"What did you do?" I ask curiously after witnessing a Pureblood's power firsthand.

"Something I wish not have to do to you," Nero responds, while watching the servant disappear behind the corner. "I want you to at least have some memory of me."

"You took away his memories?"

Nero shakes his head. "I'm still young so my powers aren't fully developed. But in all his memories with me in there, it'll appear as a blur."

"Are you sure?"

The boy nods. "It works even with high nobles. I tried."

"You did not try on Master, right?" I question with an intense curiosity.

Nero didn't reply.

"So?" he asks neutrally.

Sensing another searcher stumbling by, I quickly grab the young Pureblood and carry him into the cart. The carriage driver appears to already be manipulated so we didn't have to worry.

Alvena looks at me with gleaming eyes as we all sit together. Nero has on a toothy smile, even daring to let out a boyish laugh.

"Evie, I can't thank you enough. I know how terrible it must've been to have to choose between me and Niko." Alvena still calls Master intimately, but doesn't let him know. How unfortunate for the both of them.

"Master said 'find you' and I did," I explain as I make myself comfortable in the carriage. "I'm still following orders."

Alvena manages a shy smile. Even if she didn't tell me, I know that she loves me greatly. I'm just glad I'm able to meet her expectations while keeping Master's.

Looking outside, the terrain is slowly changing.

"Where are we headed?"

"Emberwind."

"Lucien and Master are close. Won't it be dangerous?" I ask in worry for the two.

Nero looks at his mother for an answer. Alvena looks at me seriously.

"That's why I'm hoping you can convince Lucien to help as well," Mistress says while fidgeting with her fingers.

I shake my head. "Lucien is loyal to Master. He won't agree."

But Mistress shakes her head. "He may agree if you ask."

Nero didn't seem to like the idea, but he remains silent as his mother continues to convince me.

At the end, her persistence earns her an attempt on my end.

But...I realize now that the bigger problem isn't that.

To get to Emberwind, we must pass through Rosehold where Lady Dietrich's family has also sent searchers. And I'm afraid, we may not last much longer.

The horses become tired easily and we have already changed a few already. Now, there's no more place to get new horses without attracting unwanted attention.

Alvena's human endurance is close to the limit, but she is fighting to cover more ground before nightfall.

"We need to stop." I come to a halt with their small baggage. Nero's legs seem grateful for the short pause my sudden stance allowed for.

"We can cover more, Evie!" Alvena beckons me forward whilst pulling Nero's hand and running. "I'm fine."

I shake my head as I point to the pale child by her side. Nero shakes his head.

"I'm fine," he replies in a small, weak voice.

Thankfully, his mother understands and agrees to another much unaffordable stop despite Nero's protests.

We luckily locate an abandoned barn in the outskirts of Rosehold and stay there. Alvena doesn't agree to sleep unless she has Nero in her arms, afraid someone might take him. Possibly afraid I might do something as well. It takes some time before her grip loosens and she falls asleep.

"Nero," I whisper when I hear Alvena's heavy breathing.

The little boy lazily blinks his golden eyes open to see me gesture him over. Obediently, he scoots out stealthily and fixes the blanket over his mother before coming by my side.

I sit him down before feeling his colorless face.

"If Master would have me," I offer my wrist. Nero's tired eyes widen in shock and possibly embarrassment. "Go on," I urge as he looks at my extended arm and swallows hungrily.

"I can't..." he says as he forces his body to turn away to fight the temptation.

"My blood shouldn't be too lacking in quality."

"That's not what I meant," he whispers through his dried lips. "You only do this with..."

"I know," I reassure him. It's not like it's the first time.

Nero gives off a sheepish smile before scooting closer. He keeps eye contact while he slowly sinks his teeth in, making sure that if I change my mind, he'll stop right away.

Slowly, you can see some color return to his face. Hearing his heartbeat return immediately calms my mind. I was afraid to tell Alvena that Nero lost his heartbeat for quite some time. Any longer, he may just die.

I encourage him to take more but because of his pride, he kindly refuses. But he's careful when removing his fangs, not letting one drop go to waste.

For a second, I see his eyes flash red—the same red that I saw only once five years ago. The same beautiful blood red.

However, as fast as they appeared, they returned to his signature glistening gold coveted by all the Elders.

"Evelyn." I look at my master. "Besides Mother, you are the most important person to me."

I place a hand atop his unnaturally messy hair. To be honest, there hasn't been a day that he looked anything off from perfect. But today, he's different. Had he not have perfectly golden eyes, one could mistaken the boy as a common peasant given he's dressed like one.

"Child, you haven't met enough people to say that."

Nero shakes his head fervently. "Not a child."

"Master," I correct with an apologetic bow.

"Not Master!" he snaps.

"Nero."

His face immediately lights up.

Such a child.

If only he can be a child for longer.

But he's not just a child. He's a Pureblood.

And Purebloods don't ever have time to be a child.

Not when all eyes are on him, following his every action.

But tonight, he'll just have mine watching over him.

*****

A/N: This update came a little later than anticipated. As always, thanks for your patience and support!!!   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 74 33
BOOK 1 OF HENRIETTA TRILOGY. TO BE EDITED. *** I was a young boy who wished nothing but to be loved. But one day, as I was reminiscing a memory of my...
439 24 50
--Updated weekly-- "Why are you following me?" His presence irks me. "I am free to roam anywhere within Barracks, am I not?" "Aldaire will be disple...
Captive{ated} By Gabs

Mystery / Thriller

281K 11.9K 45
"First you captivated me... then you held me captive." Evelyn was like most college-aged girls working a part-time job when she met Caleb, who came i...
20.3K 565 33
Some people are more unlucky than others, Evelyn knows this more than most, after being kidnapped from her house she finds herself at the mercy of cr...