Eleanor's Demise ✔️

By veronicasoli

Can be read as a stand-alone book. After faking her suicide, murdering her father-in-law, and running off to... More

Part 1- Prologue and Recap
Chapter 1: Homecoming
Chapter 2: Shadows of The Past
Chapter 3: Uptight
Chapter 4: The Crime of Loving Adam
Chapter 5: Obsessed
Chapter 6: Half of a Truth
Chapter 7: Mansions and Hotels
Chapter 8: Punishment
Chapter 9: Finding Demeanor
Chapter 10: Signs
Chapter 11: Wishes and Nightmares
Chapter 12: Dishonesty
Chapter 13: Feel the Hurt
Chapter 14: The Ring
Chapter 15: Night
Chapter 16: Weird
Chapter 17: I'm a Baker Not a Shrink
Chapter 18: I Believed Her
Chapter 19: Eleanor Undead
Chapter 20: Strut Like You Own the Stage
April Fools! Chapter 22 or Something
Chapter 22: The Hole in My Heart
Chapter 23: Unafraid and Thriving
Chapter 24: Madness
Chapter 25: Hot in Here
Chapter 26: Insanely in Love
Chapter 27: Where Were You
Chapter 28: A Master Manipulator
Chapter 29: The Look of Betrayal
Chapter 30: Official
Explicit
Chapter 31: Revelation
Chapter 32: You at Your Finest
Chapter 34: All Good and Pure
Chapter 35: Touch Me Again
Chapter 36: Have your Way
Chapter 37: Play with Fire
Explicit 2
Chapter 38: Who is this
Chapter 39: I am Fire
Explicit 3
Chapter 40: Melt
Chapter 41: Warmth
Chapter 42: Dangerously
Chapter 43: Perfectly Wrong
Chapter 44: Beg for Mercy
Chapter 45: Unmatched
Chapter 46: Adam's Demise
Good Morning, Red Bird (Epilogue)
Authors Note: the end and thank you

Chapter 21: Talking Dead

4K 223 2
By veronicasoli

Eleanor slept in Stephanie Cooper's friend's mansion as soon as the show ended. It wasn't as nice as Adam's, of course, but who was she to judge. She was on her way to creating a new reputation- no- a new persona for herself and she didn't need the baggage she had left behind. The next morning, she woke up with a strange man sitting on top of her.

His hand was grasping her breast and his mouth was on her neck.

"What the hell?!" She screamed, kicking him where the sun doesn't shine as he flew off. She ran out the room. Suffice to say, she never stayed at Stephanie Cooper's friend's house again.

When she pointed this out to Stephanie the next day, she said it was normal for him to do that. That he wasn't accustomed to American Culture and thought anything with legs- and other female parts- was for one purpose. It was disgusting that Stephanie had accepted that her friend was a rapist. If Eleanor hadn't woken up when she had, she might've ended up pregnant or something.

Or something...

Her mind slowly wandered to Adam. She needed to get him out of her mind before she drove herself absolutely insane. But how could she get him out of her mind when he was... standing nearby?

She had to blink several times before she realized that Adam was walking through the doors of Demeter Modeling Co. and would soon make it to the second floor of the glass building. He could potentially make it so high up that there was no stopping him.

But the second floor was for models only, hopefully they wouldn't make any exceptions. Hah! Knowing the business man that he is, he could probably make his way to the roof with no problem. He could make it to mars if he wanted to. Eleanor frantically rushed to hide somewhere- anywhere. She found a door behind a long line of clothes and headed inside it. The clothes had toppled and some had fallen but not enough to give away her hiding spot.

She was afraid of confrontation and that Adam might send her to jail for killing his damn father. Could he do that? Did he even know?  Is faking your death a crime? Is killing your husband's father a crime? After all the hurt she caused him- Eleanor was the puppy a child gets on Christmas and what she did to Adam was take the puppy that he loved and killed it and then it came back to life to kill Adam's father.

She was panicking and her cover was obviously blown. She couldn't image how Adam could have found out. She regretted ever going to New Jersey. She should have just stayed with Josiah in Clearwater Oklahoma and spent her days baking at Lavela's. Although a dull life, a safe one.

When she looked at the strange room, she realized there were stairs and she headed up to reveal the roof. Nobody could spot her up here. She glanced down and Adam was nowhere in sight. He had probably entered through the giant glass doors of Demeter Modeling Co. and Stephanie Cooper probably had hopped right on him. A Carnegie would be a great way to spread the knowledge about her company. Which by now had already received so much coverage for finding a doppelgänger for Eleanor Carnegie. Demeter Modeling co was quickly blowing up and would easily surpass all others by the end of the week.

Eleanor sat silently, staring at the clouds until they moved to reveal the blazing sun in her eyes. So she turned another direction and again it seemed like the sun was following her. The cycle continued until Eleanor got annoyed.

She headed downstairs and hid again behind the door to the second floor.

"Has anyone seen Ally?" She heard Stephanie Cooper's voice, it was faint which indicated that she was still a ways away. "I literally just saw that girl."

Eleanor decided to stay in the room for another few minutes until the door opened to reveal none other than Stephanie Cooper.

"Ally, what are you doing in there?" She asked, "has the pressure gotten to you already? The tabloids love you and your performance last night was outstanding." She didn't care to mention the other performance that had happened in her friend's home this morning. Eleanor choked on her breath.

"Yeah, the pressure is really getting to me." She forced her voice to go a bit higher. Her voice needed to be unrecognizable.

"Well, I know what can help. There's a lovely gentleman downstairs who wants to see you!" She beamed and Eleanor wanted the Earth to swallow her whole.

"Really?" She feigned excitement, "who?"

"None other than the renowned Adam Carnegie. He wanted to meet the Eleanor Undead. You've really brought a lot of attention to Demeter Modeling Co. I was actually thinking of giving you a raise already- or partnering with you or something to keep you here because I know those scoundrel other companies will try to steal you from me. Anyway, if you haven't heard of him- Adam is the owner of a Law firm and business company called Carnegie Hall." Stephanie said with a determination in her voice. "Now hurry- he's an impatient man and he's waiting downstairs." Lies. Lies. Adam was he most patient man on earth! Eleanor wanted to slap Stephanie for saying that.

"Sure." Eleanor replied nonchalantly.

"Anyway, you shouldn't keep him waiting. He's right downstairs. Just pretend you're Eleanor, give him a kiss or something and ask if he will sponsor our company. Okay?" Stephanie pinched Eleanor's cheeks so hard that they turned pink.

Eleanor stood up from her spot behind the rows of clothes. She walked past the mirrors and the vanities and the wooden stairs. She stared out the glass walls and into the beautiful city. It was as thought her life was flashing before her eyes.

It was fated in the stars that they would meet and these sorts of things don't happen without cause. And certainly not by coincidence.

Eleanor took a deep, full breath and let it out.

Show time.

➿➿➿

The first thing his eyes focused on were the long tanned legs taking slow steps down the glossy tiled staircase. His eyes traced her body and finally landed on her eyes. She was breath taking and he couldn't help the fast pace of his heart that made him wonder if this was actually his beloved wife. Her eyes refused to meet his and he refused to look away. His breathing shallowed as he stared at her.

"She looks just like her, doesn't she?" Stephanie Cooper appeared out of nowhere and stood besides Adam, wrapping her arm around his. He nodded wordlessly- his mind a jumble and his heart in a severed panic. In truth, he was speechless and relieved to finally see the love of his life alive- and standing right in front of him.

Without putting thoughts to his actions, he rushed over to her and wrapped his arms around her in a warm embrace. He felt the fire and passion that had been there a year ago. He felt the love they shared and the pain they went through. He wanted to kiss her, to bend his neck and press his lips onto hers. But he wasn't sure- he didn't want to make scenes.

"Eleanor," he breathed her name out like the whistle of wind in a forest. She too was frozen.

"Uhh. . ." Stephanie Cooper and her staff all murmured simultaneously. Whispers broke out about how Adam Carnegie had officially lost it. How would Magdalene deal when she heard that he cheated on her. Did a sensual hug and an almost-kiss even count as cheating. He didn't care- his love was standing right in front of him with her arms planted at his waist and his hugging her.

"Look Mr. Carnegie. I know you're accustomed to American culture and all but I don't think it's appropriate. You'd probably be the second man today that's tried to grope this poor girl. Isn't that right Ally" Stephanie said to deaf ears.

It was as if the entire world had disappeared and solely held Adam and Eleanor in it. Once Adam pulled away from the trance, he turned to Stephanie.

"Would you mind if I spoke to your model outside?" He raised an eyebrow, challenging her to say no. "I might consider investing if she says the right things." Adam winked at Stephanie as Eleanor desperately begged Stephanie with her eyes. Please don't make me hurt him even further.

"Why yes Mr. Carnegie, take her for as long as you need." She winked and gestured to his tightened pants. "Back to work everyone." She clapped and turned away as Adam grasped Eleanor's hand. It was an unspoken agreement that what they saw wouldn't be spoken of- not unless Demeter Modeling Co wanted to lose everything it was worth.

He led her outside and into his limousine where Max was siting patiently.

"Hello again Miss Eleanor." Max said, giving her a knowing look.

"Again?" Adam asked.

"Yes, she was the redhead that you tossed out a day or so ago, I've already told you." Max laughed heartily, "I'm going to step outside and give you both a minute ." He quickly exited the limousine and walked a bit before pulling out a cigar. Adam wasn't even certain if this random doppelgänger was Eleanor. All he had was a confirmation that she might be alive. Any girl could be Eleanor.

"My name is Ally." Eleanor said. Her eyes trained on the door. She was afraid of giving in. She wasn't going to give in. She worked too damn hard- she hid too damn much to have her cover blown that quickly.

"Yeah, and it's also Bree Walker and Elena." Adam muttered. He was so overwhelmed with emotion that he didn't know where to begin. Eleanor was shocked that he knew but she refused to show it.

"No sir, Mr. Carnegie, sir" Eleanor tried. "My name is Ally Lawson. I have heard of your wife and I'm very sorry to hear that. I am not her however. I'm just a look- alike hired for the purpose of being your wife... Eleanor Undead. I'm just a doppelgänger that Stephanie found a few days ago in the mall. I'm sorry for your loss sir, but your wife is gone. I just happen to look like her."

"Take your contacts out Eleanor." He wondered how stupid he would be if this girl was just some rando- and not his long lost wife.

"I can't! Sir, this is my eye color. You want me to take out my eyes?" She gasped, feigning surprise to the best of her ability.

"Bullshit." Adam's excitement had slowly withered away as confusion came to replace it. "Eleanor-"

"Look Mr. Carnegie. My name is Allison Ray Lawson and I am nothing more than a model for Demeter Modeling Co. so if you will excuse me, I have to get back to work." It pained her to say this, but she had to keep the lie going for as long as she could. For the sake of her life, sanity, and happiness. She didn't want to go to him for murder- she didn't want a repeat of what happened between her and Adam. Though their love was strong, dark forces working against it were stronger.

"Eleanor," Adam whispered, "I thought I had lost you forever," he grabbed her hand carefully and rubbed it with his thumb. It was like he wasn't even listening to her declaration. "Eleanor, I love you, please don't leave me. I love you." He repeated.

The words were caught in her throat- she didn't want to confirm anything for him. She wanted him to leave and lead a normal life without her. What she did was unforgivable.

"Eleanor, I'm begging you. Please look at me," his voice cracked, they sat in the limousine, a strong tension filled the air and wasn't leaving anytime soon. She glanced into his brown eyes, then looked away quickly.

He broke her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Mister Perfect By camrynch

Mystery / Thriller

1.6K 550 36
When I got home, I had this sense of urgency overtaking me. I needed to read those diary entries and I needed to read them fast. The faster I read th...
399 52 31
# Book trailer inside🍁 Mark is a simple private detective. "Find me Mark" that's when it's all started. He thought it was an usual thread... Until A...
338K 8.9K 63
NEW STORY Adira has been captive for one thousand two hundred and eighty nine days. She has held onto hope, but when each attempt to recapture the...
323 28 24
Due to her father's passing and financial loss, Parker Meyers and her mother have moved from their big home in New York, to the small cozy town of Ni...