Saying I Do {Interracial Curv...

By CoriAlston19944

Educated and tender-hearted Flora Fairchild impresses client after client by working in a successful wedding... More

Copyrights
Prologue
Declaration
Mama Worries
The E-Mail
Long Time No See
Reuniting the Families {Part One}
Reuniting the Families {Part Two}
Settled in Punta Gorda
Brand New Day
Would You Like To?
Details & Details

The Deed is Done

2.5K 100 2
By CoriAlston19944

Flora

It has been fourteen years since I envisioned myself of being a bride. Now, at the age of twenty six and a half, I still am destined to achieve that goal after my marriage is officially taking a long slumber in its final resting place. Exiting the room with a grin of victory, the clacking of my heels echo in the building as I make my way to the double doors. Unfastening my umbrella while my hand grips onto the knob where I am being greeted by the heavy drops of water violently hammering on the cobblestone as the peak of the light belonging to the renewable energy casts a light in my path in Punta Gorda, Florida. As I make my way to my car, I sense my phone vibrating in my hand as I read a text from my boss that she needs me immediately.

Two and a half hours later...

 After driving from Punta Gorda to Palm Beach for two hours, I park my vehicle in front of the house or should I say, villa. I eject myself out of the vehicle and lock all of the doors prior to walking to the door in addition to entering the household that reminds me of one of those villas and mansions you see on the HGTV show, House Hunters. The colors of beige, gold, and white accenting the living room as well as the dining room that is compatible with the white polished flooring of tiles that leads you to the pool that looks like a fountain in the backyard. "Oh, thank goodness you're here, sis!" My oldest sister, Terri sighs so relieving and her arms throw in defeat as the click of her heels make contact to the floor.

"Terri, what's going on?" I query with my eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"We have a code of 10-23; we have a menstrual bride who made an accident on the back of her dress and she needs a new dress... as soon as possible." Terri reports. It is not new to me that my sister and I use codes for weddings like number codes for cops. Terri accompanies me to the bridal boutique for the brides to try out a collection of wedding dresses from all over the world. Terri swings open the door for me to catch a glimpse of a young woman in her early to mid twenties kneeling beside the white linen tufted ottoman in distress. Black streams travel down her face and she makes this squealing wince sound that makes me kinda cringe a little.

Her eyes widen while she raises herself from the carpet. "Finally, you're here!" The young woman sniffles while she wraps her arms around me, enclosing me in her embrace. "I made an accident on my wedding dress all thanks to my time of the month taking place before my wedding and the second day of my period ruined my beautiful dress!" She weeps, cradling her wedding dress in her hands like a baby.

"Don't worry, umm," I hum, sustaining to know what her name is. "Oh! My name is Anastasia." Anastasia introduces and takes her hand out for me to accept and shake. "Hello, Anastasia. My name is Flora and I will be your bridal stylist for the day." I greet with a genuine grin. Terri hands me the clipboard with a sheet of paper for me to read the bride's profile. Hmm... As I scan from word to word, the more intrigued I am with this specific bride.

"Okay, Anastasia. In this room, we have racks of beautiful dresses that range from a hundred to three hundred and fifty dollars. So, please take your time and find the dress you desire for your wedding." I remind her. For Anastasia's wedding, the budget is at an excellent price of two hundred and twelve thousand dollars since they are on a budget with the theme of a fairytale at the Holy Trinity Reception Center in Orlando on Sunday since her fiancé, Rhett is her prince charming. With Anastasia working her way as a gynecologist while Rhett is in the Miami Heat, they are financially good to go. For nearly four minutes, Anastasia comes to the conclusion to pick the off the shoulder dress from the second rack between the first and third racks just before she enters the dressing room.

"I can't believe this is officially June!" Terri plots down the ottoman and tosses a piece of the caramelized popcorn in her mouth. "Want some Cracker Jack?" Terri offers me a box of her Cracker Jack. I accept it and pour almost a handful of the caramelized popcorn with peanuts. "Hey, hey, hey! Get your own!" Terri scolds jokingly. I snicker and hand her back the Cracker Jack box before tossing one of the popcorn in my mouth. "I am so glad it is June! This time of the month where kids are getting out of school, prom, graduations, and couples are getting married in this month. Now that Celeste is having her last day of school in the next three weeks, her classroom is having a last day of school party in her school." I add.

"Yeah, it'd be great for her to see you work and how you create magic on brides of making them feel special on their wedding day," Terri comments positively. I nod my head in agreement.

"So, how did the settlement go?" Terri questions. I pace nervously with my fingers. "Flo, you're scaring me. Did you lose? I swear, I'll drive to that greedy bastard's—" The sound of the curtains being pushed to the side cuts Terri's sentence, yet catches our attention and I take a awestruck gander at the bride. Anastasia is modeling in an ivory off the shoulder ball gown that hugs a bride's bodice. The dress is detailed with the beading of peonies, in which the dress is made in France. "Anastasia!" I gasp as a smile sliding across my face while I approach towards her. "Spin around, girl!" Terri exclaims and Anastasia slowly pivots with the laces of the back of her dress is zipped with perfection. I admire Anastasia as she gleams a radiant beam and this moment is when I now realize that a bride is missing something that they could cherish when they walk down the aisle. "Anastasia, stay here." I gesture with both my index fingers to give me a minute. I hurry to the necklace stand consisting a necklace with silver plated Swarovski crystals that is made by Thomas Laine along with a pair of the floral pearl drop earrings. Ambling towards Terri and Anastasia, I gingerly hand her the jewelry set for her to try on. Stepping around her to put the necklace around her neck while Anastasia is adjusting the earrings, I walk around to face her. "Now, you look like Cinderella!" I comment with a frank grin while Terri makes her way to pick up the full length mirror from the corner of the room to situating it at the left corner of the room. I take Anastasia's hand to direct her to the mirror for her to see the final results.

Staring at our reflections, Anastasia gasps surprisingly as her eyes widen along with her hands cupping her nose and mouth. "Oh, my goodness!" She muffles in her hands when I notice her eyes becoming glossy. She then sniffles as well as removing her hands from her face, fanning at her eyes just as her lips tremble into a half smile. "This dress is perfect!" Anastasia cheers while she sniffles, applauding at her reflection in the exact dress staring right back in front of her.

"Anastasia, you have your big day in two days and it is perfect timing because your period would be ending by Sunday. And you look radiant like a princess, in which a princess becomes queen. It is normal to go through the good, the bad, and the ugly in the process of getting married along the way." I counsel.

"I'll take it," Anastasia says, beaming at me with so much sureness and positivity. "I'll take this for you." I say and walk behind the counter and the cash register while Anastasia orders her new dress. "Thank you for shopping at our Blush Boutique. Have a nice day and we'll see you at the wedding!" I wave my hand at her and Anastasia departs the boutique by seeing bye to us.

"I love this job." I turn to Terri, who is still eating her Cracker Jacks.

"What, me helping brides pick their special gowns?" I query with my brows furrowing in confusion.

"No!" Terri shakes her head in a disagreeing manner. "I love putting people on the hot seat to test their fidelity just days before couples get married. This is just like wedding edition of the Maury Show, only this is for the engaged couples who are all set of walking down the aisle." I chuckle at Terri's humorous comment.

"Yeah—" Just as I'm about to say something, the ringing of the office phone interrupts me. I pick the phone up from the receiver and place it beside my ear with my shoulder holding the phone in place. "Hello, this is Flora and I am the bridal stylist for the Blush Boutique where we make any bride beautiful and special on her wedding day. How may I help you?" I greet with a cordial tone.

"Flora Jane, we're all set of starting our June Weddings podcast and we're waiting for you downstairs." My mother notifies me over the phone.
"Okay, mom. I'll be downstairs promptly. Goodbye." I hang up the phone and inform Terri that I must do a podcast for June weddings. "Let's go. I have to be downstairs to test this fool if he's cheating on the soon-to-be bride." Terri says and I laugh at her comment. Terri and I walk downstairs and I enter the kitchen where there are the crew members that are here to record the podcast of the month. Despite me speaking my own lines, I don't need a script for the podcast since accidents can happen, right?

"On three. One... Two... Three." The cameraman snaps his finger as I genuinely beam at the camera. "Hello, everyone and welcome to the I Do! Wedding Planners channel. My name is Flora Fairchild and I am the bridal stylist from the Blush Boutique. I am here speaking to you all that it's that special time of the month again!" I joyfully exclaim.

"And no, I don't mean that monthly visit that you go through. I'm talking the special month of getting married. This month is all about June weddings!" I perform my showmanship by doing jazz hands that I pick up after watching all repertoires when I was growing up.

"Yes, you heard me; all month long, I will give you advice after advice about the perfect dress for your body frames. So, what are June weddings, you may ask me?" I gesture with my index finger and thumb under my chin while I ponder. "Some of you may be familiar with the Hallmark channel because all season long, they play its original movies from Christmas to Valentine's Day, spring, Summer Nights, autumn, including June weddings. If you haven't watch the original movies on Hallmark, I suggest that you do so because their movies are one of a kind love stories. June weddings are one of the special months along with; May, July, August, and September. There is a goddess named Juno, who is the goddess of love and marriage. When I was a little girl, my mother used to tell me a story that Juno the goddess is a protector of women in all aspects of life that includes marriage and motherhood. Some couples get married in the month of June because God wants to bless the couple with happiness and prosperity." I inform.

**********

After finishing the podcast in its duration of thirty four minutes and twenty eight seconds that will be uploaded on the website as well as YouTube, I glance at my wristwatch as it signals me that I must get my daughter, Celeste from her elementary school. As I walk to the door to go to my car, the voice of a child calls me. "Mommy!" I turn around as a wide grin expands on my face. I squat with my arms open wide as they capture Celeste in my embrace. "Hey, Sugar Plum!" I give her a kiss on her forehead.

"How was school?"

"It was good. We're going to have a pizza party on the last day of school!" Celeste chirps.

"That would be fun, sweetheart!" I beam. "Let's go inside because it is too hot outside right now."
"Okay, mommy." Celeste nods and we enter the house, noticing that my little brother Tristian has picked Celeste up from school.

"Thank you so much for picking Celeste up from school, little bro." I thank him.

"Oh, you're welcome, big sis." Tristian says and Celeste and I go to the kitchen, so I can get something for her to eat. "Do you want a peanut butter sandwich and fruit snacks?" I ask her, glancing at her while I rummage through the cabinets to find a jar of peanut butter.

"Yes, please." Celeste answers and I can imagine her nodding from behind. I fix her a plate of peanut butter sandwich cut in half and take a pack of fruit snacks from the box. "Here you go, Sugar Plum." I hand her the plate and she thanks me. "You're welcome." I go to the cabinet to get a pack of fruit snacks.

"Excuse me, miss. We need to arrange the cake." The baker informs. There could be times when things are great without the chaos going on, but time goes further, I got used to it and fell in love with the quick-pacing rush of getting things done for a wedding. Celeste and I exit the kitchen, eating in the living room instead. "Celeste, your Cousin Nyla is here." Terri informs Celeste and her eyes light up like the lights adorning and twinkling on the Christmas tree during Christmas time. "Go play with your cousin, sweetie." I assure her, smiling warmly to her. She runs upstairs while Terri pulls the ivory tufted ottoman, sitting across from me. "How did the settlement go?"

"I won!" I beam, doing a celebratory dance in my seat. Teri gapes at me and stands up from the ottoman as she begins cheering. "Congratulations, Flo!" Terri exclaims as she wraps her arms around me in her embrace.

"Thank you, Terri!" I laugh and Terri sits back down on the ottoman. "It turns that Declan tried embezzling money—our money because we work here and that I make more money than him. He doesn't even have a job for the past twelve months and he has been taking trips to Ibiza." Throughout the process of my divorce with Declan, I have a suspecting eye on him donning in designer clothes as well as flashy cars that came out last year as well as this year, too. He had the audacity to buy all of the fancy shit that he purchased instead of paying child support. Now that we're divorced with me having sole custody of Celeste, the deed is done.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 6K 28
Alice thought that life couldn't get any worse until she finds out that the fate of her family name is on her shoulders. She has to marry the man she...
2.1K 48 24
'Now, you may kiss the bride', said the priest. I felt a light peck beside my lips, which was seen as a kiss to the people, who gave a big round of a...
24.3K 1.2K 26
Cole agreed to a marriage five years ago to make his mother and her best friend happy. But it hasn't been the easiest of times being married to a wom...
38.5K 1.2K 18
"Your dad and I have been disscussing this for months now and we have decided to be a family." She says, smiling at us both. "What do you mean by 'de...