The Black Knight

By LindseyM17

Faylen Adwynn comes from a troubled past which landed her in Rivendell 10 years ago. She found a new family a... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1: (Prologue)
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Authors Note
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 31: (Epilogue)
New Book

Chapter 30:

539 15 0
By LindseyM17

Alright guys, its about time I posted this. I found it really hard to finish writing this story and I hope it isn't as terrible as I think it is. Thank you to all you readers, you guys rock!

The crowd is still cheering outside as the King, Aragorn, and his closest friends and family head back into the King's Halls. Up ahead I see Aragorn with Arwen at his arm, both looking happier than ever. I was ecstatic when I saw she showed up.

"Arwen!" I call.

She turns around and her face lights up even more. We both end up squealing as we rush to meet each other, her arms enveloping me in a hug.

"Oh it has been too long sister," she says.

"I know, it has been," I say and pull back to take her in.

She looks resplendent in a light green, flowy dress and a crown on her head.

"I am so glad you are okay," I say. "Ada told me what you did, to be with Aragorn. I am so happy for you two."

"Thank you," she says with a smile that I've missed. "And you're glad I'm okay? I'm glad you're okay! I was worried sick about you and Aragorn traveling across the world."

"It was quite the adventure. Lots of things happened along the way."

"Lots of things I was hoping would happen," she says and looks over my shoulder.

I glance to see her referring to Legolas who patiently waits nearby. She gives me a playful grin to which I can only laugh.

"Yes, it finally happened," I say.

"I am glad. You deserve it Faylen," she says and gives my hands a squeeze before taking in my dress. "What also finally happened is you wearing a dress!"

All I can do is grin before seeing Lord Elrond coming up to us.

"My daughters together again," he says.

Arwen and I just laugh together and I give Elrond a hug.

"I am proud of you," he says down to me. "I know what you did on the battlefield."

"Thank you, ada," I say and feel a familiar warmth come up to my side.

"Ah, Prince Legolas, it is good to see you again," Elrond greets.

"You as well, my lord," Legolas says after bowing. "I was wondering if I could have a moment alone with you?"

Elrond nods and the two move off to the side of the room, Legolas giving me one of his huge smiles.

"What is that about?" Arwen asks.

"Oh yeah, there is quite a lot to tell you," I say, having my suspicions.

She raises her eyebrows at me and I wrap my arm around hers, leading us towards the grand balcony stretching across the entire hall while keeping silent.

"Alright you have got to tell me before I explode," she finally says.

"Well, I guess I'll just come right out with it then," I say. "Legolas and I are getting married."

Arwen's eyes go wide and she grabs my hand tightly. She goes to open her mouth before shutting it, at a loss of words. Then she lets out an excited shriek which makes people look our way.

"Shhh," I warn her with a laugh. "We haven't told anyone yet."

"By the Valar," she finally says. "When will you tell everyone? This is huge!"

"We are planning to tonight during the coronation feast," I answer.

She lets out an excited yell again while jumping up and down before pulling me into a tight hug.

"Wait," she says while quickly pulling away, a now serious expression on her face. "Your planning on getting married here, right?"

"Yes. We figured since we can't have the traditional Elvish wedding, we could at least have it here while our family and friends are still around."

"Good because I am going to take care of the whole thing for you," she says.

"Arwen, you don't have to. I don't want it to be anything huge and it'll be in the next few days before we take off so there isn't much time for planning. Plus, you are going to be a queen. You have a bunch of other things to deal with."

"Faylen Adwynn, if you think you are going to get off easy then you are wrong. This is one of the biggest days of your life you will have and I am going to make it perfect," she warns.

"Oh alright," I sigh.

"Oh and that means I get to put you in a dress myself!" she says excitedly.

I tip my head back in laughter.

"Then we will have a feast afterwards to celebrate and then you and Legolas can seal the marriage."

I immediately stop laughing and feel myself beginning to blush.

"Are you nervous?" Arwen asks and reads my expression. "Oh don't be. Consummation is really the most important part of the marriage."

"Yeah, I know," I mumble, never having thought forward to that part. "There's something else you should know."

"Which is?"

And so I explain about the gift I was given from the Undying Lands and my decision.

"I chose immortality because of Legolas," I finish.

"We both made our decisions out of love," she says.

"I hope you two have caught up."

I turn and see Aragorn and Legolas watching us.

"Yes, we have," Arwen says and gives me a mischievous look.

I just laugh and nudge her in the arm. I let Legolas take my hand as we follow Aragorn and Arwen into the great hall where already the feast has started. Tables of food line the walls with a high table up front and smaller ones set around the room. The middle of the hall is cleared and becomes a dance floor for the people of Gondor and Rohan. I sit happily between Arwen and Legolas at the high table, watching the kingdom celebrate not only the crowning of a long-lost king but the end of the war.

"What were you and Elrond talking about earlier?" I say quietly to Legolas.

"Oh well I just wanted to tell him of our engagement and ask if he would bless the marriage," he says.

I look down the table and catch Elrond's eye to which he just grins and shakes his head at me. I smile back at Legolas who also noticed Elrond's look.

"I'll take that as a yes," I say.

"Yes," he laughs.

Soon I find myself standing at the front of the room on the raised platform with Arwen and Éowyn, all of us talking after introducing the two.

"I am happy to finally meet the woman who got my sister into a dress," Arwen says.

"I couldn't believe it when she said she had never worn one before!" Éowyn exclaims. "She hated every minute of it, but she did look very beautiful."

"Okay, well it wasn't that bad," I say.

"Ah-ha! I knew it!" Arwen says.

I just laugh with them, never believing that things would end up this way. Then I hear the sound of a knife on a glass and turn to the source.

"May I have everyone's attention?" Aragorn calls.

The music dies down and everyone turns to face the king.

"I would just like to say how grateful I am to be here with all of you. It has taken a lot to get to this point and I just want to give a toast to those we lost," he says. "Hail the victorious dead!"

"Hail!" sounds around the room as everyone raises a glass.

"Also, my closest friend who I have been through a lot with has something to say that I think we will all be excited to hear!"

Legolas steps forward and the two quickly embrace.

"Does Aragorn know?" I ask Arwen.

"I didn't tell him," she says.

Legolas steps forward.

"Thank you, brother. It is custom among my people to make certain announcements in front of family when two people decide to spend the rest of their lives together and since my love and I are not fortunate enough to have our own kin with us today, we wanted to make this announcement in front of our friends who are all like family. So Faylen," he says and holds out a hand for me.

I make my way over to him and stand at his side, him giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"My love, Lady Faylen Adwynn and I would like to announce our engagement to each other," he says.

The room erupts into cheers as Legolas leans in to kiss my cheek. A hand falls on my shoulder and I look to see Aragorn at my side, his eyes full of tears. He pulls me in for a long hug.

"I am so happy for you sister," he says.

"You seemed like you knew," I say.

"Well he had to ask someone for your hand, didn't he?"

I grin back at Aragorn and put my hand on his shoulder. He does the same to my other side. Arwen is next to pull me into another hug before I spy Éomer come up next. I can't quite read his expression as he just looks at me before pulling me into a bear hug. I laugh as he picks me up and just keeps holding on, finally setting me down after a couple moments.

"You alright there Éomer?" I tease and playfully punch him in the arm.

"I am just so happy for you!" he says with a slap on the back.

"You can tell he doesn't show emotion too much," Éowyn says from behind him.

She gives me a hug herself before whispering in my ear.

"Faramir proposed too," she says.

"Oh my gosh! Congratulations!" I reply.

"Thank you," she says.

"What did you say?" Éomer asks.

"Nothing!" we both reply at the same time.

Then someone tugs at my arm and I turn around to see Frodo, Sam, Pippin, and Merry.

"Hi guys!" I say, excited to see them all well.

"Congratulations Faylen!" Pippin says. "We always knew you and the Elf would end up together. Isn't that right Merry?"

"That's right Pip," Merry says.

"We also wanted to give you our goodbyes for we are leaving in the morning," Frodo says.

"I am disappointed to see you go but I am sure you all miss your home dearly," I say. "It was an honor going on this adventure with you four."

"Will you visit us sometime?" Sam asks.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea. I've always wanted to see the Shire," I reply.

Pippin and Merry move forward and wrap their arms around me in a hug.

"Travel safe guys," I say.

And then before I know it the hobbits have said their goodbyes to me and the others and they leave the hall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.8K 1.7K 33
Story Rankings as of 9/11/2022 #36 elf out of 9.2k stories #22 aragorn out of 1.7k stories #7 theonering out of 87 stories Raewyn has a special backg...
3.2K 93 23
Here I am back again with my Elfling series here is book l all over again If you haven't read The first or second, third or fourth book then I would...
174K 4.1K 23
Aearel just found out that Elrond, Lord of Rivendell, is not her real father. He has kept her safe all her life from the truth behind her parents dep...
12.7K 188 68
When exiled Elf Ariel Greenleaf is found unconscious just beyond the borders of Mirkwood by the Company, they are ready to dispatch her without hesit...