Daughter of a King

By ThorinsChild110

Young Arulla Durin is snatched away from her home in Erebor when she was only 20 years old(Which is like 9 or... More

Author's Note
Character Description
Chapter 1: A Clear Summer Day
Chapter 2: The Years a Princess
Chapter 3: The Red Sky
Chapter 4: The Hidden Bush
Chapter 5: The News He Heard.
Chapter 6: Rivendell
Chapter 7: My Life Now
Chapter 8: A Quest to Reclaim a Broken Home?
Chapter 9: Bree
Chapter 10: The Hobbit Hole
Chapter 11: An Unexpected Party
Chapter 12: The Awkward Reunion
Chapter 13: The Adventure Begins
Chapter 14: Resting on a Cliff
Chapter 15: Reaching for Stars
Chapter 16: Missing Ponies???
Chapter 17: Roast Mutton
Chapter 18: Love Sorrow then Happiness
Chapter 20: The Hidden Pass
Chapter 21: A Short Rest
Chapter 22: Moon Runes and Lullabies
Chapter 23: Misty Mountians
Chapter 24: GoblinTown
Chapter 25: Escaping Goblintown
Chapter 26: Out of the Frying Pan...
Chapter 27: ...And Into the Fire
Chapter 28: The Carrock
Chapter 29: Nightmares
Chapter 30: Beorn
Chapter 31: Edge of Mirkwood
Chapter 32: The Dark Forest
Chapter 33: Visions of Old and Darkness to Spare
Chapter 34: Elves of the Forest
Chapter 35: The Elven King
Chapter 36: The Great Escape
Chapter 37: Barrels
Chapter 38: The Bargeman
Chapter 39: The Orc that Remains
Chapter 40: Almost Home
Chapter 41: Laketown

Chapter 19: Recalling the Past

4.8K 133 3
By ThorinsChild110

(Thorin's POV)

"Something's coming." I shout to the company. I glance back at Arulla and I see her jump into the trees after we locked eyes for a moment. She stopped at the branch she grabbed and looked back at me. I nodded and she smiled. She began to swing on the branches and vines. I was running below her, keeping my eyes on the path ahead, but looking up at her every time she landed on a branch. But then she stopped.

I gripped my new sword tighter and braced myself for anything. Well, anything but a grown old man who looked like a hermit and rode on a sleigh pulled by rabbits. And that's exactly what I got.

"Theives! Fire! Murder!" The man yelled. Arulla dropped down next to me. I smiled. "Radaghast!"Gandalf exclaimed. Arulla ran from my side in front of the man. "Radaghast" S.he smiled and embraced him, "Oh my dear Aranel! It truly has been too long! Sebastian has truly missed you." Arulla chuckled. I grumble, Arulla's Elven name now leaves a sour taste in my mouth whenever I hear it.

She turned to me and smiled. "Radaghast," The man turned his head to Arulla, but her eyes were on me. Radaghast's slowly followed. "I would like you to meet my father Th-"

"Thorin Oakenshield?" Radaghast questioned and looked down at Arulla. She tore her gaze from me and smiled up at Radaghast, "The very one." Radaghast smiled.

"Radaghast!" Gandalf said. Radaghast jerked up and turned to follow Gandalf. Arulla's gaze met mine again and she walked slowly to me and bowed, "My lord." She smiled and chuckled. I chuckled and bowed to her, "My lady." Her smile stretched farther and she ran into my arms. I picked her up off the ground and twirled her around. She giggled in my ear. I softly chuckled and set her down slowly.

Dwalin came over and smiled at Arulla, "I'm sure you don't remember me." Arulla shook her head, "Of course I do Uncle Dwalin!" She ran up and hugged him tight and Dwalin leaked a few tears into her hair. I smiled at her, and how much I missed her. Balin came up to us next.

"Now I know you couldn't have forgotten me!"

Arulla chuckled, "Of course not! Uncle Balin!" She ran to him and tucked her head into the crook of his neck. "You haven't changed at all!" Balin chuckled and whispered softly in Arulla's ear, "Oh Arulla. We have missed you so much." I smiled as she dealt out hugs here and there and tears shed every time she found those she remembered, and chuckles when she found those she didn't. Finally she found me again.

I smirked as she made her way to me. "Is it my turn now?" I scowled playfully. She scoffed, and ran towards me and wrapped her hands around my waist and tucked her hair in my neck. I wrapped my hands around her, tears still falling down both of our cheeks.

"I thought you would never find me." I hear her mumble. My grip tightened and I smiled, "I told you I would find you one day didn't I?" She pulled away from my chest and I saw a sparkle in her eyes. She looks so much like her mother. I smile at the thought of Améra but I slowly frown.

Arulla became worried. "Father? What's the matter?" I shook my head and scooped her in my arms and set her gently on a fallen branch. She continued to stare at me and I inhaled deeply,

"Do you remember when I sent Frederick to go and fetch you the day the dragon came?" She shuddered at the thought but nodded slowly. "I had something very important to tell you that day." She only stared at me with worry in her eyes.

"Your mother was 3 1/2 months along with child. I didn't want to say anything until we were sure she wouldn't miscarry."

Shock filled her eyes. But I continued, "When I heard what happened, I was worried for her and the child. But when no one had seen you with her it felt like my world came tumbling down. I became bitter towards the world and I didn't smile nor laugh. I was sorrowful in itself."

Her eyes softened and she stood up and embraced me again. I smiled and she hugged me tighter. "Oh Father, you have no reason to be sorrowful now." She pulled away and looked deep into my eyes. "You've found me now. And I will never leave you again."

I smiled and she brought her fingers to my beard and gave it a slight tug. I grunted and she smiled. I let her go and she turned to walk away. But she didn't go far. We heard a loud howl and I saw her cringe. I ran to her and pulled her behind my back, leaning up against the underside of a small cliff.

"Wargs." I hear her whisper. I gripped my sword tighter and grabbed her hand "Don't let go of me." I whispered. She nodded but quivered with fear. We both knew what was coming, because with wargs....

.... Come orcs.

________________________

Three chapters in one day? Man I'm good! Mmm! Well I hope you guys liked this WHOLE chapter which was in THORIN'S point of view!!!!!! How awesome am I?

Haha ;)

Please comment rate like vote! Thank you!! :)

Le hannon!!

-TC110

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 224 28
Urzoth, daughter of Azog the Defiler has been trained all her life to do one thing: befriend the dwarves. Ever since her father lost his arm in the b...
105K 2.9K 87
Discover how the Infamous sometimes bull-headed Thorin Oakenshield discovers his long lost (and unknown) child. During his travels, he met his One a...
1.8K 63 11
There was a Princess in the Woodland Realm. She was the oldest of four children. Unlike her siblings, though, she was forced to stay inside the kingd...
614 40 18
Thraina, daughter of Thorin, son of Thrain, is the only female born in her great family line. She is the next in line to the throne of Durin - the on...