On the Run (Book 1)

By kthaler

Isabella Montgomery’s life was far from normal. She was the princess of a small Kingdom and was next in line... More

Werewolf
Runaway
Research
The Threat
America
Alpha
Explain
Answers
All White
Princess
Second Chance
Alia
Fun
Love is in the Air
Sore Loser
True Self
Too Good To Be True
What Just Happened
The Talk
Date
Explosion
Culprit
Austin
The Past
Mark
War
Run
Plan
Leaving
Research
Wedding
Reception
The Fight
Memories
Special Night
Married
Epilogue

Surprise

1.3K 63 7
By kthaler

My mind was in a million places. I was still in shock from Matthew and what he was seconds away from doing and also who was standing at the door. He was the last person I expected to be here and saving me from this monster. How had my best friend, end up here in America? Dillon stood tall and pissed off standing in the doorway. Matthew growled getting off of me and walked over to Dillon.
            I still couldn’t process what I was seeing. How was he even here and why? I was just thankful that my friend was here and he saw what Matthew was really like. Though, my heart crumbled when the two shook hands and smiled at each other. Dillon was working with Matthew. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I tried once again to escape the handcuffs, needed to escape. If I could get out of the silver cuffs, I could run away and hopefully shift.

            Once I started to cry, Dillon looked over at me and I no longer saw the kind, warming brown eyes he used to have. Instead, his eyes were filled with emptiness and coldness. How could he do this to me? I couldn’t even believe sweet, Dillon would do this. I guess you can never really know a person. Dillon walked past Matthew and over to me, where I tried to squirm away from him, but that only resulted in pain.

            “We’ll talk once you aren’t chained up and in these poor conditions.” Dillon said, scowling over the bedroom I was in and the way I was chained to the bed.

            I watched as he took something out of his pocket and my eyes widened when I saw that it was a needle, with a bluish, purplish color liquid in it.

            “You found wolfsbane?” Matthew asked.

            “Of course, I did. Are you doubting me? I’m still not pleased at what I walked into just a few seconds ago.” Dillon snapped.

            Matthew shook his head and I watched as Dillon injected me with wolfsbane. I wasn’t sure what it was, but I knew it wasn’t good. My wolf started to scream, giving me a headache. I could feel my energy being drained away. Then my wolf was dead silent.
            “What did you do to me?” I asked, feeling weak and tired.
            “I gave you wolfsbane. It makes your wolf sleep so you can shift while it’s in your bloodstream, which will be for a few days. It also weakens your werewolf abilities. Now, we can unchain you and have a normal conversation, without worrying that you could escape.” Dillon said, as he grabbed the key from Matthew and unlocked my wrists and ankles, still burning me in the process.

            He apologized for hurting me, but I didn’t believe him for a second. I sat up, still feeling weak and sick to my stomach. Just looking at Dillon made me want to cry. He was my best friend and now he’s helping my worst enemy. Sure, before I ran away I hadn’t seen him in three years, but that wasn’t my fault.

            Once I was unchained, I pulled my pants back up in embarrassment and pulled my shirt down. Matthew stared at me with lust in his eyes. I involuntarily shivered at the thought of him touching me. I wished my wolf was awake with me because now escaping would be harder since I couldn’t shift. Matthew was now dressed, which I thanked God for.

             I rubbed my wrists, looking down to see that they were red and swollen from the silver. My ankles were the same way. I went to take a step, and cried out in pain from my ankles. And because of the wolfsbane, I wouldn’t heal in a few hours like I normal would have. Now it would take a day or so, since my powers were decreased.

            “Where am I?” I asked, looking around as I slowly followed the two guys out of the bedroom and down a hallway.
            “In a cabin that’s several miles away from the boarder of your pack territory.” Dillon responded as he walked out into a fancy looking living room.

             It looked just like a cabin that you would go on vacation to. There was wood furniture and flooring with leather sofas. There was many panting of mountains and the woods. There was a large flat screen TV hanging on the wall above the fireplace. This place was extremely nice and I would have enjoyed it if I wasn’t being held here against my will by my enemy and best friend, or ex best friend.

            There were two couches that were facing each other and two recliner chairs that were right of the couches. Dillon sat down on one couch and Matthew sat on the other. I either had to sit with one of them, or in the recliner, so I’m guessing you know which one I picked. I sat down in the recliner, sitting Indian styled.

            Dillon was about to speak when a short woman, with long black hair walked into the room. I remembered that she was the witch that helped Matthew capture me and who set fire to the pack house or at least I’m guessing on fire thing. Dillon frowned and sighed, running his fingers through his short, brown hair.
            “Matthew, what did I tell you earlier?” Dillon asked and I’m guessing Matthew knew what he was talking about because he went over to the witch and whispered something in her ear.

            Her eyes widened and then I watched in horror, as Matthew snapped her neck without any hesitation. I let out a scream, thinking about that poor young lady, who was just murdered right before my eyes. Sure, she helped capture me, but it wasn’t her fault. Matthew probably was paying her to do it or something. I went to stand up, so that I could run, but Dillon already saw what I was doing.
            “I would suggest staying seated if I were you.” Dillon said.

            Matthew grabbed the witch’s body and carried her out from the living room. Seconds later, he was back and sitting on the couch like he didn’t just murder someone. How was I supposed to stay here with this monster? I couldn’t fight him off if he tried to kill me. All I wanted was Jace right now.
            “I was keeping her alive just in case we needed her. I was going to kill her once you got here.” Matthew said.
            “Remember, no loose ends. Make sure you burn and bury the body as soon as possible. I don’t need some witches after me because they found out we killed one of them.” Dillon replied.

            As the two were talking about the witch and what to do with her, I stared down and remembered that I was still wearing Jace’s necklace he gave me. I couldn’t help but smile a little, knowing that I had part of him with me. It was tucked in my shirt, which I would leave it that way because I didn’t want Matthew or Dillon to see it and take it. Thankfully, my hair was down and covering the chain.

            “Izzy, where are you?” A voice echoed in my head and I knew that voice was Jace’s.
            “Jace! Please help me, Matthew took me.” I yelled out in my head, thankful my mind link was still intact.

            “Where are you? I’ll come and rip his throat out.” Jace snarled.
            “I was injected with wolfsbane. I can’t shift or anything. I’m in a cabin somewhere out of the pack territory, about-” Then the link went dead.
            I wanted to start crying now. Jace knew I was gone, but he didn’t know where I was. Hearing his voice in my head, made me realize how much I missed him. The stupid wolfsbane had to ruin everything and cut off the connection. Would Jace find me before we left here? What if we left America? Jace would never find me in time and I would die.

            “Why are you helping him?” I blurted out to Dillon.
            “See there’s much you don’t know, Izzy. There’s a lot Matthew doesn’t even know. I’m the one with answers and the plans. I have my reasons, but I can’t tell you them at the moment.” He said, before turning to Matthew.
            “I’m sorry Matthew, let me just say that in advanced. Remember what I said about loose ends? Well you’re my loose end in my plan, so you’re going to have to die.”
            My mouth dropped open, and I’m sure Matthew’s did too. Dillon just said he was going to kill Matthew. How though? Matthew was a werewolf, so that must mean that Dillon was one too. He didn’t smell like one, but maybe he was a rogue, because all rouges smelled nasty to me. I stood up from the chair as did Matthew and Dillon. Then all hell broke loose.
            Dillon launched himself at Matthew, punching him across the face, knocking him to the ground. A loud growl echoed the house as Matthew jumped to his feet, sending punches towards Dillon. I didn’t stick around to watch what was going to happen. Since they were occupied, I ran as fast as I could go out the front door. Neither of them seemed to notice me, so I continued to run, not looking back for a second.
            Though for all I knew, I was going in the wrong direction from the pack, but I needed to get away from Matthew and Dillon. Both of them were crazy and only one would survive the fight. I was extremely tried and weak from the wolfsbane, so it was more like a slow run and not a sprint. As long as I got away from the cabin, I was fine.

            After running for ten minutes or so, I needed a break. I rested against a tree, taking deep breaths. Where was my wolf when I flipping needed her? I felt like I was about to puke, that’s how sick and weak I felt. I needed to keep moving no matter how sick I felt.

            Minutes later when I started to walk, I was stunned when a figure appeared in front of me out of nowhere. My eyes widened when it was Dillon that appeared out of nowhere. What caught my eyes were his fangs sticking out of his mouth. I let out a terrified scream, hoping someone would hear me and save me from this nightmare. I was wrong, Dillon wasn’t a werewolf. He was a vampire. Then everything around me started to fade until everything was black.

Here's another update, i'm a roll aren't I? Guys, i just saw The Fault in Our Stars for the second time and it's just so amazing and yes, i cried. My favorite movie of all time now. Anyway, back to the story. What did you think about Dillon? Bet you all forgot about him back in Cadellan. What happened to Matthew? What is Dillon going to do? Where is Jace? Yep, i know there's many questions, and don't worry all will be explained. But please comment any questions that you need to know the answer too, and i'd be happy to answer them if i don't in the story. This dedication goes to @TheDarkKnightAngel. Thanks for commenting, everyone keep it up!!!! Until next time, hope you all enjoy!!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 2.1K 29
(**Violence in some parts**) Abused physically and mentally. Diana takes it all for her sister Emma, the only blood related person she has left. She...
27.2K 690 20
Before you read: please know that this story was written when I was a lot younger, so it was not written well. Her whole life Isabella has obeyed her...
116K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
3.2K 119 19
(EDITING PLEASE RE-READ!) Isabella Adrienne has just turned 18 and must now find her true mate. In a world where being marked by anyone but your true...