Mr. Mendes | shawn mendes

By sinfulmendess

When it was myself and thirty other students, he was Mr. Mendes. When it was just him and I, he was Shawn. More

zero.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
forty-one.
forty-two.
forty-three.
forty-four.
forty-five.
forty-six.
forty-seven.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
fifty-four.
epilogue.
author's note!
a/n!

forty-eight.

14K 362 261
By sinfulmendess

"You already landed?" I asked, answering Shawn's call nervously without a hello.

"Hi to you, too." He chuckled. "Yeah, I'm just waiting for my bags now. It was a quick flight."

"I'm glad you're home safe." I spoke honestly, glancing down at my open history notes.

"Are you coming over tonight?"

"Um," I panicked, glancing down at my stomach, a frown on my lips. "I don't think so. I'm busy with studying, and got to prepare for graduation practice on Thursday."

"Okay, no worries then, pretty. I'll call you later then?"

"Talk to you then." I nodded, tapping my pen nervously.

We hung up after saying goodbye, and I shoved my notebook closed, rubbing my hands over my face as I tried to clear my thoughts.

Why does this have to be happening to me?

Don't get me wrong; being pregnant at this age isn't the end of the world. Plenty of girls do it and they're just fine, but the last thing I want, and need, is a damn baby.

The last thing Shawn and I need is a baby. We haven't even discussed what's going to happen with our relationship once graduation comes and I've got to move for school.

Groaning quietly into my hands, my phone buzzed from on top of my study desk, and I reached for the phone.

We're leaving after third to the doctors then? Skipping Mendes' class?

After reading the message, I sighed softly and replied with shaky hands.

Yes. Please don't say anything. Don't tell anyone that we're going.

Ok, got it... why are we going?

I should say, right? This is the one person I trust enough to come with me, and eventually, I'd have to tell when we get to the doctors office tomorrow.

I haven't had a period since we went to LA with the Jacks.

I waited anxiously for a reply, staring at the screen as my heart rate spiked up once the three reply dots popped up.

Hey, ur gonna be ok, Jules. I'll be right by ur side.

I responded with a quick thank you, relief flooding my bones before setting my phone on the charger and getting up from my study area.

I went downstairs, where Caroline, Sasha, and Arizona were all laughing at some video Jack was showing them.

"Jules!" Caroline grinned when she spotted me, moving to make more room on the couch. "Come sit!"

"Studying calls," I shook my head, offering a smile as I walked into the kitchen to get a bottle of water.

"Can we study sometime this week for Mendes?" Arizona asked, grinning sweetly at me.

"Of course. I've got some studying to do tomorrow for English, but either after that, or Tuesday night, okay?"

"How is studying going? Life?" Jack asked, looking at me from his spot on the couch.

"Stressful, but it's fine." I nodded, forcing a smile on my lips.

By the way, everyone, I might be pregnant! But it's fine!

"I'm gonna go finish studying, then go to bed. You know where to find me if you need me."

I said goodnight before walking back to my bedroom, sighing as I put my notebooks away into my bag before turning my lamp off and crawling into bed.

Reaching for my phone, I realized I had a goodnight text from Shawn, and a missed call from my dad. Deciding to call him back tomorrow, once I knew what was really happening with this situation, I texted Shawn back before setting my phone aside and trying to calm my nerves.

I was dreading tomorrow.

[]

Walking to ur car now, gimme 2 mins.

I replied to the text with a thumbs up emoji, waiting anxiously outside of the driver's side door as passing period began and people began to walk to their final class of the day.

I had told Shawn I wasn't feeling good, and wouldn't be in his class, which technically wasn't a lie.

"Jules!"

Turning around, I smiled at Chase, who headed my way with his backpack on his shoulder.

"Are you sure you don't mind missing Mendes' class to come with me?" I asked, unlocking the doors before we both got into my car.

"Course not. I told you, I've got your back." Chase smiled, nodding as he gently squeezed my shoulder reassuringly.

Once we had buckled in, I pulled out of my parking space, and headed towards the exit of the parking lot, before getting onto the road and driving towards the doctor's office.

Chase and I were quiet for the fifteen minute drive; the only noise being the soft sounds of The 1975 playing with low volume over the aux.

Finally pulling into the parking lot, I put the car in park, before taking a deep breath as I felt my eyes burn slightly with tears. I still held onto the wheel tightly, my mind racing, before I felt Chase gently shake my arm.

"J?" He asked, concern all over his face.

"Hm?" I ask, unable to speak words at the moment.

"You know what matter happens, you'll be okay, yeah? Even if the dad isn't around, you've got us. You're going to be fine." He nodded, his eyes locking on mine.

If the dad isn't around.

If I was pregnant, I would want Shawn around. A little boy with his curls playing baseball with him, learning how to cook like Shawn loves to do. Or a little girl with his eyes and goofy smile, learning about the human body, like Shawn loves.

"Let's go in, Jules."

I wiped quickly at the tear that fell down my cheek, nodding as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

Silently, I turned the car off before we stepped out and walked inside of the office. A small aquarium of fish was placed by the sign-in desk, and a television played an old movie I'd never seen before. The waiting room was luckily empty.

"I've got an appointment with Doctor Sloan at two-thirty." I told the receptionist, trying to stay as calm as I possibly could.

"Okay, have a seat and we'll call you back in a bit." She nodded, offering me a warm smile.

Chase and I walked to sit in the chairs, my foot tapping anxiously before he set his hand on top of mine.

"My mom had me when she was seventeen." He confessed, a shy smile on his lips. "She's always been my number one. She wasn't ready, but she made it work. She still does. She says she wouldn't change it for anything."

"She did a good job." I responded, my smile mirroring his. "Thank you for coming with me."

"Julianna Ange?" The nurse called out.

The two of us stood up, following her behind the door into the small offices before she lead us into one and shut the door for privacy.

"I'm Alice, I'll be your nurse for today." She sweetly smiled, taking my temperature, followed by my heart rate and blood pressure.

"Your vitals look normal." Alice hummed. "And you don't look ill. What's the problem?"

I hesitated for a moment, scared to say why I was here, before I felt Chase set his hand comfortingly on my knee; helping encourage me.

"I think I may be pregnant." I choked out, feeling my face and neck flush hotly.

"Okay, when was your last period?" She asked, sitting up a bit straighter.

"I'm a week and a half late. Felt sick a few times." I spoke softly, looking down at my hands.

"Okay, I'm going to have you urinate in this cup, then." She nodded, standing up and rummaging through the overhead cabinet before handing me the cup. "The bathroom is right around the corner, if you want to follow me."

Standing up, I squeezed Chase's hand before letting go and following the nurse out of the room.

We walked down a hallway until we finally got outside of the small bathroom, and she offered another warm smile.

"Do you need water?" She asked sweetly.

"No thank you. I drank water earlier, since I figured I'd have to be doing this." I shook my head, laughing nervously.

"Okay, take your time. When you're finished, just place the cup on this cart, and you can go back to the room we were just in." She nodded. "Doctor Sloan will go in when your results are ready."

Thanking her, I turned the light off as I walked into the private stall, the bright white light blinding me for a moment before I shut and locked the heavy door behind me.

After pacing around for a few minutes, I finally felt the nagging need to pee, and after doing my business, I closed the lid on the cup and washed my hands. I stepped out of the bathroom, setting it on the cart like Alice instructed, and walked back to where Chase was waiting.

When I opened the door, he was focused on his phone, before looking up at me.

"You okay?"

"Think I'm doing as okay as I can in the moment." I shrugged, sitting down next to him again.

"Johnson and Sammy asked where we are."

"What did you say?"

"You weren't feeling well."

"Tell them you brought me to get medicine, so they don't question why you're gone as well." I told him.

We waited in silence for about five minutes, although it felt like forever, before there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," I called out dryly, my palms feeling clammy.

An older woman, probably in her late fifties, walked in with a clipboard in her hand. Her greying dark hair sat in a bun on her head, and her eyes were a warm, comforting light brown color.

"Hi, Julianna." Doctor Sloan smiled at me. "So. I have news."

"Good or bad?" I asked nervously, my voice trembling.

"Depends on the outcome wanted of this test." She paused, glancing down at the clipboard in her hand.

"You're not pregnant, Julianna."

Relief flooded my entire body, and I let out a shaky breath as I felt myself relax. Chase squeezed my hand gently, an unsure smile on his face as I nodded.

Thank god.

"The next thing I'm going to tell you is bad news, though." Doctor Sloan spoke again, a small frown on her lips.

"Your missed period comes from the stress levels in your body. Your hormones are all over the place due to it and it's not going to be good if it continues."

My smile was replaced with a small frown as my cheeks heated up.

"You look young, so stress is understandable. School? A boy?" She paused, looking at Chase.

"Oh, no, he's not-" I shook my head, giggling nervously.

"Doctor Sloan," Chase smiled, laughing softly. "Julianna's a hard-worker in school. Stressing about grades and all that, especially with exams and graduation."

"Well, Julianna," Doctor Sloan hummed. "I suggest taking a small twenty to thirty minutes for yourself every day to listen to some relaxing music and just focus on breathing."

I nodded, feeling warmth as I realized she reminded me of my mother.

"Other than that, keep up the hard work and I know you'll do fine on exams."

I thanked her as we began to walk out of the small room, shaking her hand before I paid for the visit and chase and I walked out to the parking lot.

"How're you feeling?"

"Relieved." I answered honestly, tears stinging my eyes. "A positive test wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'm really glad it was negative. I'm not ready."

"That's okay." He nodded, pulling me in for a hug.

I squeezed him tightly, and we pulled back after a few moments before looking down at my watch. School had just gotten out thirty minutes ago.

"Do you wanna go pick your car up from school then come over to study for Mendes? I need to help Arizona too."

"Yeah, let's go."

We got into the car, and I reached for my phone, which I had left in here. Shawn had sent me a few feel better messages, along with Sammy, the Jacks, and Caroline.

As I looked at Shawn's contact picture, my heart swelled slightly with sadness knowing I wasn't going to have a mini Shawn running around. But it was for the best.

"Jules?" Chase asked, snapping me from my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to even tell the father?"

"Great question." I mumbled. "I have no clue."

—————

hi babes! I hope you all enjoyed this update! I'm not a doctor nor have I taken a pregnancy test with one, so forgive me if this was inaccurate lol.

please remember to comment, vote, and share this story! x

-n

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 426 64
𝐁𝐨𝐲, 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞? editing in progress...
2.5M 58.4K 36
"stop doing that!" "doing what?" "acting like you like being with me one second and acting like you hate me the next!" "i think you forget you're the...
241K 2.8K 32
⚠️ PSA: THIS BOOK IS INACTIVE - an archive of one shots/long imagines about the one and only Shawn Mendes.
141K 2.5K 27
I fell for him and not because of his looks but because he is so genuine and kind. we have been through so many obstacles one being that hes my Engli...