Still Worth Fighting For(Some...

By ItaChan19

Sasuke and Izami have never had it easy. Things have always been difficult for them, but now, with old scars... More

Chapter One: One Book closes; the Beginning of a New Chapter
Chapter Two: Sasuke and Izami
Chapter Three: The Mission Log's Story
Chapter Four: The Party
Chapter Five: The Lunch Date
I hate you, Sasuke Uchiha
The Two Dreams
The Exams: Izami begins to melt!
A new phase of the Exam begins! Sasuke asks for help?!!
Round One Begin!
Sasuke pulls A surprising move!
A terrible thing has happened!
I don't need YOU anymore!!
Izami's Isolation! Kakashi visits!
Izami's depression contuines!! Sakura's worry?!!
Someday, Already here?!
The ANBU exams post-poned?! A new mission starts!!
A Talk With Kakashi!
Surprise! We set out!
Nightmare! The mission begins!
The Enemy Spotted! The mission a failure?!
An Old friend returns! Jealousy awakens!
The Ice melts!
Tomorrow at Seven!
Wabisuke makes a surprising move!
Disaster Date!
Sasuke Visits!
Izami Visits!
First kiss!
Mission!
A talk with Kakashi!
The worst mission begins!
Shocking Surprise
Decisions, decisions, decisions
The Hidden Silk Village
The Festival
Unforeseen Betrayal?! Discussion at the festival!
Tachi
Meetings and Fights
Unexpected news?!
Snakes Hidden in the Grass
Stay the night with me
Departure
Afterwards! Of talks and heartbreak
Of late nights and coversations
A month... With surprises!
Wabisuke finds out the news
Sasuke finds out the news
Rumors and traitors
Letters and Anger
Towards the Cloud
The Leaf and the Cloud
Home
Of Homes and Bonds
The Sato
Of Fights and Mysteries
Of Doctors and Warnings
Of Family and Suspicions!
Worry, fear, and love
Depature
Midnight Confessions
Moving In
Deliverance
Hitomu
The end of Peace
Interlude
The final mission Begins!
The Nightmare Begins
The Final Confrontation
Bad Omens
The end of Everything
The end begins Now
Between the Here and Now
Fight for Life
The waiting game
The End of Everything
The book closes, and so the story ends....

Home

938 31 0
By ItaChan19

Chapter Forty-Four:

The journey back to Kohona seemed to take less time than it did going to Silk, but maybe that was because Izami wasn't constantly irritated by Hikaru. Now, it was just Sakura, Sasuke, and Izami. Sakura had returned to her normal happy self, and was actually talking to Izami much more than she normally did. Izami wasn't sure how to feel about that, but Sasuke found himself oddly happy on that part.

When they returned to the village, they had the customary check in with the Hokage. When they were dismissed, Sakura thought it would be a good idea for them to have some lunch together to celebrate the mission completed well. Sasuke quickly agreed, and Izami agreed because of Sasuke. So, with their luggage returned to their respective homes, they met up again, and went out for some lunch.

That was over in a hurry. Izami found herself happy about that. It's not that Izami didn't enjoy the time out, because she did, but she just wanted to be alone. She hadn't had time to herself since the mission began, and she just wanted to be alone, but it seemed like the world just had other plans.

"Why don't we have some time to celebrate a mission gone...Well, a mission where I'm surprised you didn't try to kill our client." Izami laughed, and shrugged as she looked over at Sasuke.

"We were paid to protect, not kill, our client. Even if he's my brother. Even if he's annoying, I'm sure it's frowned upon to kill clients."

"I'm sure this time it would have been an exception." Izami again laughed, and shook her head.

"Yeah. Ok. We can celebrate just the two of us after I check in with Kakashi-sama. I'm sure he'll want to know how the mission went."

"Naturally. I'll just be at my place whenever you're done. I'll be waiting." Izami blushed, nodding as they both parted their way.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"It really is good to see you again, Izami. How have things been? I mean, I have to admit that I was a bit worried when you said the mission was with your family..." Kakashi's voice trailed off. Izami shrugged, and looked down at her lap. They were both sitting in Yamato's apartment, watching his child while he was off fixing apart of the village.

"I almost killed him a couple of times, but we made it out alright."

"I'm glad to hear that." Silence passed between the two of them for a few minutes, and then Izami cleared her throat, getting Kakashi's attention once again.

"So, anyways, my brother, Hikaru, invited me back into the family." Kakashi stared at Izami for a few moments, trying to read her face, but eventually nodded slowly.

"And your feelings?"

"I...I thought the answer would be a simple no. I mean, you and I both know my issues when it comes to them, but..Well, Tachi came along too, and...I don't know..."

"It started to feel like old times?" Izami paused, and then nodded.

"Yeah. I felt like I was back home. Like nothing had really changed, and...For the first time in a really long time, I felt happy. Well, as happy as I could possibly be when it comes to them, but it just felt so nice."

"So what stopped you from accepting?"

"Alot of things. You. Sasuke. My life as a ninja. Believe it or not, I really enjoy my life as a kuinochi, and I really don't want to have to give it up. I know if I return, that's exactly what I'll have to do. Besides, I would miss life here too much to really be committed to staying."

"Understandable." Izami sighed, and nodded slightly.

"I know he'll write me, wanting to know my answer."

"So give him one."

"I don't know what to say. I need your help." Kakashi looked at her surprised, and then sighed as he looked away. What could he tell her?

"You...You should do what you want to do. If I were you, I would go back for a short while. Before the ANBU Exams, and give it a test run. If things go well, and it's what you want, than agree to stay. If you find yourself wanting to come back than come back. I can't tell you what to do rightfully because this is your choice in the end." Izami smiled slightly, and nodded.

"That's so easy. Why didn't I think of it myself?" Kakashi laughed slightly, and shook his head.

"Emotions cloud the judgement. How things between you and Sasuke-kun?"

"Good, Great. They're really great."

"Pleased to hear that." Izami nodded, and leaned forward slightly.

"Enough about me. How things with you?"

"Can't complain too much."

"Is that a good thing?" Izami asked with an eyebrow raised, her head slightly tilted. Kakashi laughed shortly, and nodded.

"Very good. I...I'm planning on starting a family with this wonderful woman I met awhile back. "

"That's great! Man, it's like all you old people are having kids now, huh?" Kakashi laughed shortly, and then nodded slightly.

"That's the thing about getting older. Eventually you'll want to start a family." Izami nodded slightly, her smile widening slightly.

"So do I get to meet this mystery woman?"

"Of course. She's heard all about you. Only fair that she meets the face along with the name." Izami smiled, and then bit her lips as she looked down at her lap." She'll be coming along here in a couple of weeks. She's got some family things to deal with." Izami laughed, dryly, and then nodded.

"Ah, I can sympathize with that notion."

"Something told me you would understand." They both shared a short laugh.

"I should get going. Sasuke's expecting me." Kakashi nodded slightly, and then rose at the same time she did. They gave each other a quick hug, and then Izami left.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Izami made her way over to Sasuke's house, and let herself into the house. Sasuke was sitting in his recliner, sipping at some soda while he watched a tv talk show. His dark eyes looked over at Izami as she took off her shoes, and he couldn't help but smile just slightly. Izmai stood up when she was done, and walked over to him. She leaned over the back of the recliner, and wound her arms around his neck lightly.

"Don't you know you could ruin my chair like that?" Izamo laughed, and looked down at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh really?" Sasuke looked up at her, and nodded slightly with a tiny smirk on his face.

"Yes. Really."

"Guess how much I care?" With that said, she leaned over the top of it, stretching on her tipy-toes, and gave Sasuke a light kiss on the lips.

"Mmm, you better care more than that." Izami laughed, and rolled her eyes.

"Big Baby." She teased lightly, walking around the chair, and then sat on his lap. She took his face into her hands, and kissed him again." Better?"

"Hmm, maybe one more?"

"Alright, but only because you asked so nicely." With that she kissed him again, more than a peck. Sasuke wound his arms around her waist, and shifted her into a more comfortable position for the both of them when he pulled back.

"Hmm, now it's better." He commented softly, nuzzling her neck lightly. Izami laughed, blushing slightly."How did you talk with Kakashi go?" Sasuke asked after a few moments, looking up at her as he laid soft, ghost-like kisses on Izami's neck.

"Really good. He's planning on starting a family with some woman he met a while back. She's coming down in a few weeks, and he wants me to meet her."

"And you accepted?" He asked, continuing to lay kisses on her neck.

"Of course. I want to know what kind of woman has Kakashi-sama so interested."

"Can't say I blame you." Izmai sighed as she noticed his reponses were just becoming more and more routine, just saying what she wanted to hear, but she doubted he was really paying attention. He was too busy kissing her neck.

"Mmmm..." Izami hummed, closing her eyes, and leaning her head back as Sasuke rested his lips on her jawline. His dark eyes looked at her questioningly.

"What are you doing?" He asked with slight amusement. Izami blushed, and looked at him with a sudden scowl.

"I don't know. What are you doing?"

"I asked you first." Izami blushed, and didn't answer. Instead, she leaned over, and kissed Sasuke again. Sasuke held onto her waist a bit tighter, and kissed her a bit harder. Sasuke pulled back after a moment, smirking slightly as their foreheads rested against each other." Hmm, it's kinda bright. Don't you think?" Izami opened her eyes, and looked around the room, the window in the room had the blinds slightly open.

"I...I could close the blinds." Izami rose up to close them, but Sasuke grasped her wrist, stopping her from moving any further.

"No. That's not what I meant, and you know it." Izami looked back at Sasuke, her heart pounding as she noticed his serious look, but at the same time he was smiling. Izami's throat went dry fro a second, and her heart sped up. SHe couldn't speak, and instead just nodded stiffly.

"I know." She smiled, bringing a wider smile to Sasuke's face.

"C'mon then." With that, Sasuke got up from the recliner, holding Izami's hand as they went to the back room...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 1.1K 24
Sasuke uchiha is always alone but he might not be, two people may unlock his past and make him back to the way he was as a child. Hinata hyuuga is al...
35.2K 990 17
Naruto believes he loves Hinata with all his heart... Until a certain someone comes along. Now, he's not happy with Hinata. He wants the one he can't...
93.8K 3.5K 33
━What if an unexpected meet of the two most powerful combination bloodline meet? Plot by 𝐕𝐗
7 1 1
He was her whole world, at one time. Now her brother is dead. And she wants him gone. Or: Hinata and Sasuke had always been together as members of si...