Unsustainable [VKOOK]

By HanMinGi_7

After years of suffering, Taehyung and Jungkook decide to give their marriage one last chance. More

House of Cards
Young Forever
Sofa
Reflection
Butterfly
Hold Me Tight
I Need You
War of Hormones
Love is not Over
Fire
Rain
Talk - Part One
Talk - Part Two
Stigma
Move
One Night in a Strange City
Boys Meet Evil
Blood, Sweat and Tears
Danger
Wings
Tomorrow
Let Go (Sequel)
Illegal (Sequel)
Make me your doll (Sequel)
Not today (Sequel)
Boys with luv (Prequel)
First love (Prequel)
Peaches and cream (Sequel)

Save Me

9.6K 578 189
By HanMinGi_7

Taehyung looks at the smaller man in awe, heart slamming against his ribcage as he wonders what Jimin is doing in here.

"You look surprised..." The latter frowns, trying to get another kiss but Taehyung flinches. "Hey, what is wrong with you?" He exclaims with a displeased tone, not used to have Taehyung rejecting him.

"What are you doing here, Jimin?

-Have you forgotten I was supposed to come back from my business trip today? I just wanted to see you, so I used the spare key you always hide under the mat..." He explains with confidence, as though the fact he entered Taehyung's flat without permission isn't a big deal. Jimin seems annoyed today, the taller man notices. He can surely feel the aura of repulsion surrounding Taehyung that leaves no doubt about the future of their relationship.

Taehyung sighs, running a hand into his hair: he certainly wasn't expecting to deal with his lover right now. He has taken his decision back into the counsellor's office: if he wants to save his marriage, he has to make sacrifices, and one of them will be cutting ties with Jimin. Nothing would be able to make him change his mind now.

"Come with me..." Is his mere reply, and he walks towards the living room without waiting to see if the raven-haired male is following. He eventually hears footsteps behind him, a still-frowning Jimin sitting next to him on the couch a few seconds after and keeping silent as he's waiting for him to speak, his arms crossed on his chest.

"Jimin, I'm going to get straight to the point: we can't see each other anymore." The said man's eyes widen, and he voices out his protestations the moment after:

"What? No! Is it because Jungkook forbid you to see me? You're not obliged to obey him, you know, you're a grown man and not a little puppy so just do what you w-

-This is what I want!" Taehyung cuts him with such a firm tone that Jimin's lips seal shut immediately even if his eyes scream his incomprehension. It kills Taehyung, because he really loves Jimin as a friend and the last thing he wants is to hurt him, but his choice is made. He won't ruin his chances of getting back with Jungkook because of an umpteenth bad decision. "Please, listen to me..." He exhales, trying to find the less painful way to form his sentence, but deep inside he knows it's no use: one way or another, he's going to break Jimin's heart. "My couple is the most important thing to me. I mean, of course Jungkook and I are going through a very, very rough patch, and we don't even know if we still love each other, but... We can't spoil eighteen years without even trying to put the pieces back together. And I already know that it will never work if I keep seeing you, even as a friend. Jungkook didn't ask me to do anything, it's just my own decision, and I hope you'll accept it. I'm sorry, Jimin..."

The other remains silent for long seconds, as though the air has been knocked out of his lungs with the punch Taehyung's words just threw at him. Eventually he emits a joyless chuckle, and Taehyung gulps heavily when he sees the almost insane glint into his eyes.

"Of course, I should have seen this coming...

-No, Jimin-

-It's alright, it's alright. Your best friend and lover is less important than a husband you're going to divorce anyway, I can understand that." The ironic words that leave his mouth make Taehyung freeze, his lips parting in shock for a second.

"Excuse me?

-Well that's the truth! I've seen you and Jungkook battling for months, how could you two even manage to finally fix this mess? In the end it won't work, and you'll lose everything. I'm pretty sure Jungkook doesn't want it anyway! You're mine, Taehyung, not his!" It's too much for Taehyung who grabs the front of Jimin's shirt harshly, staring straight into his orbs with a dark gaze.

"Don't you dare put words into my husband's mouth." He utters sternly, "And let me be clear, nothing you'll say will make me change my mind, understand?" Jimin looks at him with a murderous look for a second before a glimpse of lustfulness suddenly appears in it, and the second after Taehyung finds himself crushed under his ex-lover's body, Jimin kissing the life out of him. Taehyung immediately tries to push him away, telling himself that he definitely should work out more as the smaller man is overpowering him easily, already unbuttoning his shirt.

"If my words can't make you change your mind, maybe my hands can instead..." Jimin drawls into his ear before coming back on his mouth, devouring it hungrily so that Taehyung feels nauseous. He usually likes brutality, but this is a bad kind of harshness that makes him want to throw up. He doesn't want this, yet Jimin seems determined not to stop, ignoring his muffled protests. The only thing he eventually finds to stop this mess is to bite harshly and painfully onto Jimin's lower lip, drawing blood in the process, so that the said male backs away with a mewl of pain.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Jimin yells, and Taehyung takes advantage of his surprise to quickly run away from the couch, his chest rising and falling quickly. Silence falls into the room, and they both look at each other with eyes full of incomprehension, not understanding the other anymore.

"Get out of my house." Taehyung whispers, because he's too stunned to scream profanities at Jimin like he wants to. The latter remains still at first, but then he seems to understand that Taehyung is serious, so that he sends him a wounded gaze before walking out of the flat.

After a few seconds, Taehyung realises that tears are rolling on his cheeks. He wipes them and tries to calm down the erratic beating of his heart. He then buttons his shirt up with shaky hands before desperately reaching for his phone, his first reflex being to dial a particular number on the screen as fast as he can. He prays for the other person to answer, sighing in relief when he eventually hears the well-known voice at the other end of the line.

"Taehyung, why are you calling? I thought we shouldn't contact each other...

-J-Jungkook..." The chestnut-haired male sobs, so that there is a second of silence before the other's voice starts again, way softer and gentler.

"Taehyung? What's happening? Are you okay?

-Not really... P-Please, I want to see you..." Taehyung stammers, and at this moment he couldn't care less about the counsellor's rules. He wants to see Jungkook and no one else, and he hopes the latter won't argue about it.

"Of course, I'm coming right now... Are you home?" Taehyung can't help but feel a little bit warmer when Jungkook answer without hesitation, helping him feeling comforted.

"Yes...

-Alright, I won't be long." There's a little silence, and then Jungkook adds before hanging up: "Don't worry, okay? It's gonna be alright." The pleasant feeling expands into his chest, and Taehyung finds himself managing to relax a little as he's waiting for his husband to arrive.

Jungkook doesn't bother knocking since the door has been left ajar, making him worry even more about the state he's going to find Taehyung in. He surely didn't expect that phone call, but there is no way he would let his husband down: the fact they aren't in good terms isn't a reason not to help him, and he wants to show Taehyung he will be there for him from now on.

"Taehyung?" He calls while opening the door, before he spots the said man crying on the couch. "Shit..." Jungkook exhales while almost running towards his husband, sitting next to him and studying his face and body to see if there's any injury, but Taehyung does seem fine, at least physically. He intertwines his fingers with Taehyung's, gently thumbing the back of his husband's hand to make him feel better. Not wanting to assault him with questions while he's crying, he settles on keeping them for later, even if it's hard to prevent himself from trying to know more.

It takes a while for Taehyung to calm down completely, even if the reassuring words Jungkook mutters are doing wonders to help him. Jimin's reaction truly shocked him, so that he keeps crying until his ex-lover's face finally vanishes from his mind and that there's only Jungkook's left.

"Tae... Tell me what happened." The said man smiles when he hears the nickname, suddenly thinking that Jimin ironically helped them getting closer in a way.

"It's about Jimin." He whispers, immediately feeling Jungkook tensing next to him.

"What happened?" The raven-haired male asks, almost not wanting to know what Taehyung is going to answer because he's a bit too scared about it.

"He was here when I came back home... Of course I wasn't expecting him, he used the spare key under the mat to enter. I told him it was over, that we couldn't see each other anymore... But he kissed me and I couldn't escape, he forced me to stay still..." He shivers thinking about it, yet Jungkook tightens his embrace around him so that it helps him find the courage to keep speaking. "In the end I had to hurt him to make him back away. I immediately told him to leave, of course... And then I was so shocked that I called you without thinking. I'm sorry for breaking the rules, Jungkook...

-You're kidding me? Taehyung, I'm so glad you called me..." Jungkook answers, making his husband smile lightly at his comprehensiveness. "Jimin is such an asshole though... I can't imagine he dared hurt you. He didn't even apologize?

-No... I can't believe he reacted like that." There's a little silence, before Jungkook starts again:

"So... You won't see him anymore, right?" Taehyung lifts his gaze in order to look into his husband's eyes.

"Of course I won't. I promise... You're what matters the most." The raven-haired male suddenly feels his throat close up, so that he tries to clear it lightly but to no avail. During this time, he takes a few seconds to study Taehyung's features and can only see honesty on his face, which makes the corner of his lips tugging upward.

Taehyung extends his arms in a hesitant way, Jungkook immediately understanding what he wants but feeling a bit awkward about this: it's been so long they haven't cuddled, he can't even remember the last time they did it... But Taehyung needs him now, and it's not like he doesn't want to do it. Thus, he nods slowly before winding tight arms around Taehyung's body, the other embracing his waist as well and resting his head onto his shoulder. It feels a bit strange at first, as they're trying to get used to each other's close presence anew. Yet after a minute Jungkook's chin sets instinctively onto the crown of his husband's head while Taehyung nuzzles into the crook of his neck, and suddenly everything seems more natural.

They don't know how long they stay into this position, but when they eventually separate, Taehyung's formerly wet cheeks are now completely dry and the sun he can see through the window has gotten closer to the horizon.

Their gazes cross but they almost immediately look away, a little bit flustered about what just happened. Taehyung didn't think a married couple could even act like this, as if they had never done anything intimate together. But it's like they're discovering each other all over again, as though they're starting over: a relationship built on better foundations, which stand on the ruins of their past.

"Do you want me to stay for a while?" Jungkook breaks the silence after a few seconds, and Taehyung's heart flutters in joy before he actually remembers something that makes his face fell.

"I want to, but... the rules." His husband groans at the realisation, making Taehyung chuckle lightly.

"I had completely forgotten about this... Do you feel like you can stay alone?

-Don't worry, I'll be fine now... Thanks to you." Taehyung says, his husband smiling lightly at the praise.

"Alright... Well, I guess I have to go then." Jungkook sighs, feeling surprised at the thought he doesn't want to leave this flat that he yet despises so much because of all the bad memories.

They both get on their feet, a little bit dizzy after so many emotions, and walk towards the door that Taehyung opens a little bit reluctantly. He didn't lie, he will indeed be fine on his own, but the thought of his husband leaving again is upsetting. Yet he knows the rules are for their own good, so that they can take their time consolidating the bonds that are starting to form again between the two of them.

"So, are you going back to Hoseok's?

-Yeah, but it's the last night. I'll sleep in a hotel after that... I definitely can't stay in his guest room for a month." Taehyung winces slightly, feeling quite egotistic at the thought Jungkook has to find a place to spend the night in whereas he himself has everything he needs in their apartment. "Don't worry, I'll be fine." The raven-haired male immediately reassures him as he felt his trouble, so that Taehyung nods as an answer, a bit reassured. "And don't bother calling if there's another emergency, right?

-Of course... Same applies to you." They smile at each other, before Jungkook bends forward to apply his lips on Taehyung's hair, so that the latter almost freezes in shock. It's only a kiss on his hair, but he relishes even this simple contact.

"Be safe." His husband mutters while pulling back and, after they exchanged looks one last time, he eventually leaves Taehyung alone.

Once he's outside, Jungkook's features morph into a closed expression, as he thinks about the place he's going to. He tries not to drive too fast, yet he can't wait to arrive to his destination. Eventually he knocks on a wooden door, a well-known face appearing within his sight when a man opens it.

"J-Jungkook?" The said man hears a little pathetic whine the moment he slams Jimin against the nearest wall, the latter looking helpless all of a sudden. "Jungkook I-I didn't- It's Taehyung who kissed me!

-Shut up." The raven-haired male's voice is merciless, his gaze murderous, so that Jimin suddenly finds himself feeling defenceless. "Don't you ever dare try to come near me or Taehyung again, you hear me?

-J-Jungkook-" Jimin starts to argue, but he's cut by the other male's shout.

"Promise me!

-I-I promise!" Jimin falls on the floor when Jungkook suddenly releases him, the man looking at him with a disgusted gaze one last time before slamming the door as he leaves.

****

Hi :)

Have you enjoyed the chapter? I hope so ^^! Please consider voting/commenting, it would be greatly appreciated :)

By the way, sorry for posting a bit late today, I'll try to post earlier tomorrow!

See you later!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 4.6K 40
she loved him, even if his heart longed for someone else. ≖ a kim taehyung short story all rights reserved
148K 4.3K 62
A series of one shot different chapters different stories angst sad ending fluff ❤ smut request are open
580K 17.3K 23
In which Jeon Jungkook, a normal student and a fanboy to the boyband group BTS and Kim Taehyung a BTS member gets forced into a marriage. Will there...
669K 34.2K 38
The after math of a terrible break up is either getting back together or broken forever.