The Wife

By Katjaface

Hisoka can be a little bit... creepy. At least that's everyone's impression of him. But what happens when the... More

1: The Introduction
2: Dirty Talk
3: Rough Start
4: Kebabs
5: How I Met Your Father
6: Breaking the News
7: Chouko & Chrollo
8: Letting Go
9: Nap Time Interruption
10: The Killing Joke
11: Crushed
12: The Big Day
13: Change of Plans
14: Rich People
15: Visiting the Zoldycks
16: Falling Apart
17: Dinner, Interrupted
18: Tea Time
19: Devising a Plan
20: Boiling Over
21: Anger Issues
22: The Best Apology
23: The Fight Begins
24: The Fight Continues
25: One Fight Ends & Another Begins
26: Welcome Home, Honey
27: Mommy & Daddy Time
28: Late Night Cuddles
29: Pancake Breakfast
30: Threats & Requests
31: Special Requests & Special Threats
32: On The Road Again
33: The First Phone Call
34: Temper Tantrums
35: It Continues
36: The Trial
37: Opening Up
38: The Day Before Everything Fell Apart
39: The Day Everything Fell Apart
40: This Is It
41: Dreaming
42: Let's Begin
43: Let's End
44: You Can Do This
45: Chrollo Comes Over
46: Chouko & Chrollo Part Two
47: Get To Know You
48: Strange Noises
49: Extra Help
50: It's Not Going To Happen
51: Still Dreaming
52: Come Home
53: Nevermind
54: Coming Back Home Together
56: How It Happened Before
57: Taking The Mask Off
58: His Turn
59: Her Turn
60: Their Turn
61: Hisoka & Chouko
62: Trust Me
63: Dates and Vacation
64: AiAi~ The City of Love
65: I'm Not Touching You
66: Complete Disaster
67: I Give Up
68: Making Up For It
69: Irresistable
70: The Drunk Conversations of the Morow Family
71: Perverted Hisoka
72: Switch
73: Responsible Play
74: The Husband & The Wife
Book 2 Teaser

55: Something Isn't Right

37.1K 1.3K 372
By Katjaface

The next few weeks were quiet. Or as quiet as they could be with the kids you had. Your scars, physical and emotional were healing and your husband remained true to his word: he never left.

But something had changed in him. He didn't have the desire to do much anymore. He stopped styling his hair. He stopped putting his make-up on. He even stopped dressing up in his fancy clothes. And so you worried about him.

"Bungee. Do you want me to do your hair? I'll put it in a bun." That was your favorite "up" hairstyle of his. As he laid his head on your lap, he turned and buried his face into your stomach.

"It doesn't matter." He mumbled.

"Will you color with us, Daddy?" Akio asked politely.

"Perhaps later, Aki, my love." He sighed, feeling like he didn't want to be separated from you.

"What's wrong, Bungee?" You whispered softly, lightly stroking his face. He had a mask of indifference on and it was throwing you off.

"Nothing is wrong. I'm happy to be home." His voice was listless, as it had been since the end of that fateful night.

"Akio, Zenko, can you watch your sister for a few minutes? Make sure she doesn't eat the crayons." You began to stand up, grabbing Hisoka's hands to pull him upward.

"Yeah, Mama." Zenko didn't even look up at you. He was just tickled pink that his Daddy was home.

Hisoka groaned as you dragged him upstairs towards your bed room and towards the bed. You jumped up on it, sitting cross-legged in the middle. Slowly, he joined you.

"Bungee."  You started.

"Yumi." He responded back blandly.

"Talk to me. You're off. You're having another episode." You looked at him with sympathy. "We've been through this before. I see your mask. I see you giving up. I see you Bungee. Talk to me."

He hesitated and there was a pregnant silence between you both. He was torn as his brain refused to let him talk and his heart begged him to say something. He was hurting. He was hurting so badly that he almost felt like he couldn't go on. And he knew he was prone to this kind of feeling, however rare it had become. In fact, he could almost remember back to the last one that had been this bad.

You on the other hand, remember each and every one of them vividly. It was depression. Hisoka was often able to fight off the most severe symptoms by throwing himself into his family, but your separation from him and the following trauma must have set him off.

That had been the biggest fear of separating from him. Even if you didn't want to think about it, you had always played a part in triggering the onset of these episodes. But you were also his confidant: his reason to keep going. It was a little bit twisted and you couldn't help but have a flashback of the time you almost lost him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507K 15.7K 33
Book Two of The Wife! This time everything seems to be going well... but what happens when Hisoka finally gets his wish to fight Chrollo Lucilfer? *C...
129K 3.4K 22
"Why in Mother Nature's sweet sweet name am I at a circus?" I thought. "Oh right. I'm gonna be training with a clown today." I said out loud dejected...
484K 15.2K 36
Born as the second child in a family of the world's most feared assassins, Ellika Zoldyck, loves to create chaos and mischief in her trail. Illumi's...
47K 1.6K 26
This is a sequel to Try To Take Her Away From Me. They drove her away. The time has come for a victor to rise. Who will emerge from the smoke and dus...