What He Doesn't Know {Complet...

By TheRiverRunsDeep

Allison Snow was ten years younger than Colton Pierce but that didn’t affect their tight bond. That was until... More

Need You Now
Leave the Pieces
Don't You Remember
We Can't Stop
Cups
Run, Baby, Run
Wrecking Ball
Shut Up and Let Me Go
My Life Would Suck Without You
Liar
Trust
Seventy Times 7
The Monster
Author's Note
Semi-Automatic
Animal I Have Become
Breath
MakeDamnSure
Half of My Heart
Animal
Airplanes
Hot 'n Cold
The Great Escape
U + Ur Hand
Beggin For Thread
Hey Brother
Closer
Ugly On The Inside
Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
Gives You Hell
Secrets
Diary
Sweet and Low
Thinking Out Loud
Sugar
I Know You
I Put A Spell On You
Can't You See
Paris
Smile
Lock Me Up
Please Don't Go
If I Die Young
Sloppy Seconds
This is Gospel
Hard to Love
Epilogue: At Last

Love The Way You Lie

57.2K 1.6K 73
By TheRiverRunsDeep

UNEDITED:

***

"Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
But that's alright because I like the way it hurts
Just gonna stand there and hear me cry
But that's alright because I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie"

- Eminem "Love The Way You Lie" Ft. Rihanna

<><><><><><><>

“I’ve never seen a prisoner smile like you are, right now,” Tony stated with a small grin etched out on his face. Clearly amused by how I was smiling from ear to ear.

I chuckled at his statement, “I’m just excited!”

“Excited?” He questioned with a raised eyebrow in curiosity at what I had to be excited about.

I nodded, “Yeah, I get to get out of here! I’m gonna get some fresh air —  and while I will be with Col-” I paused before correcting myself, “Mr. Sharp and forced to dealing with him ... I’m just glad to be getting out of that basement room.”

The corner of Tony’s lips twitched down into a frown, “I’m sorry you’re down here,” He muttered so softly, I almost didn't hear. “I think,” He quickly stated, “After dealing with Mr. Sharp for a day, you will quit this arrangement.”

“I’ve dealt with Mr. Sharp before. I can handle him.”

“You’ve dealt with Mr. Sharp before?” Tony asked as we rounded a corner. 

I realized how Tony was asking me a question that, my answer, would jeopardize Colton’s identity. At first, I have to admit I wanted to blab about the truth of who Mr. Sharp really was — to get revenge on Colton. But, something was stopping me. Maybe, it was the fact that I knew Colton, who was Mr. Sharp, had enemies ... and if they knew who he really was ... I fear for what they would do to his family — to his parents. If I allowed his identity to get in the wrong hands, and his family got hurt, I’d never be able to live with myself.

“Mmm, yeah. But, enough about me. How long have you been working for Mr. Sharp?” I asked in attempt to change the subject at hand. 

“I started to work for Mr. Sharp about four weeks after his cousin died and Mr. Sharp took over.”

I nodded once, “What made you decided to join his gang?” 

Tony, who had stopped in front of a door, looked down at me. With a single shrug of his shoulders, he responded with ease, “Revenge.”

“Revenge?” 

“Yes, revenge.”

I raised an eyebrow. “At who?” 

Tony was silent, as he placed his hands in his front pocket. Even in doing so, he stared at me with eyes that were glossed over, deep in thought. Tony blinked once, clearing the glossy look in his eyes, before giving me a small smile. “Ever watch the show Hannibal?”

“Never heard of it...” I replied, wondering where he was getting at. 

“In the show, there is a killer — spoiler alert, it’s Hannibal. However, no one, at first, is convinced that Hannibal is a killer. In fact, they think it’s a man named Will Graham ... Will Graham knows it’s Hannibal that is doing the killings. Will has friends at the FBI and with persuasion he gets permission to ‘prove his innocence’. In order to do that, Will fakes that he kills someone, to try and get Hannibal’s trust and friendship.”

“Are you saying this Graham guy killed someone to befriend Hannibal, the real killer?”

Tony nodded, “More or less, yes. Point is Will didn’t really kill the person. He just made Hannibal believe that. With that person dead, and the scene looking as if Will did it, Will was able to gain a part of Hannibal’s trust. Hannibal let Will in, even more.”

“Can you get to the point?” I question, for I was so confused as to where he was going with this. 

Tony sighed, “The point — there is no point. Now, here is the bathroom.” He informed me as he pointed to the door beside us. “Inside you will find some clean linens and an outfit Mr. Sharp got Rachel to purchase for you ... Don’t take too long, you have to meet Mr. Sharp in the dining hall in twenty minutes.”

I rolled my eyes, “Never waste my time again.”

“Don’t ask questions if you can’t figure out the answers I give you. Plus, it is better that you don’t know because the more you know — the more dangerous it gets for not only you but a whole lot of other people.” 

Standing there, I processed what he had just said. “I’m going to take a shower,” I blurted out to him for I’d no idea what to say to Tony in reply. 

He gave a small laugh, “Good idea, I’ll be sitting outside the door,” Tony told me as he pointed to a wooden chair beside the door. 

“Creep,” I joked. 

“I’m only out here because the people down there in the basement were once allowed showers, practically everyday. However, one of them broke the shower curtain and attempted suicide by cutting his wrist with the broken glass. Their showers are now very limited as a precaution - Mr. Sharps orders.”

I gave a dry chuckle, “Of course, only he’d be so cruel,” I muttered much to myself. 

“Huh?” Tony asked.

Shaking my head, I replied, “Nothing,” Was all I said before I walked into the bathroom and closed the door. 

The bathroom was mediocre in size. It contained the usual: a toilet, sink, and tub/shower. Glancing around, I saw a mint green colored towel hanging on a towel rack and folded up clothes on the porcelain toilet.

I sighed, knowing I should go ahead and take a shower. Slipping off my shoes and placing my feet on the floor, I gasped slightly at how cold the marble floor was. Adjusting to the coolness, I took off my clothes — leaving them on the floor. 

When I got to the claw-foot tub, I stepped in. Pulling the shower curtain, I enclosed the tub so the shower water wouldn’t leak out onto the floor. 

My stomach started to do tiny flips in happiness as I stood in the tub. I chuckled to myself for I couldn’t believe a shower was becoming a simple pleasure for me.

The second the warm water cascaded over my skin, I moaned in pure bliss. It felt as if a pound of dirt was being lifted off my skin and all my pores were opening — making me feel slightly more energized.

I wanted to stay in the shower for hours, but I knew I couldn’t. So, after just standing under the water for a good five minutes, I began to clean myself with an unopened bottle of body wash that was on a hook rack, that was connected to the shower head.

When I was finally done showering, I got out and wrapped the towel around my body. Reaching over, I picked up the clothes that were on the toilet. I looked at the bra and underwear that was on top. Looking at the tags, I attempted to see what size they were. I was surprised to find that they both where my sizes. 

I figured either someone snuck in my room and looked at my tags while I was sleeping — unlikely, Rachel guessed my sizes — more likely, or Colton called my mom, shamelessly, for my sizes — 99.9% likely. 

Rolling my eyes, I knew the latter was my safest bet. That boy had no shame and I could see him now: ringing her up and just bluntly asking what my bra and underwear sizes were. Chuckling, I thought of my mother’s face when he asked. She’d no doubt had to go to my room and search through some of my belongings to find the sizes because she was never one to take me shopping for any kind of clothing. 

Deciding not to plunder on the topic that was running ramped in my mind, I placed the outfit, Colton picked out for me, back on the toilet before slipping into the undergarments provided.

When I was done putting on my undergarments, I reached down and picked up my clothes. When I unfolded them, I realized there was no way in hell I was going to wear the outfit for it consisted of a long skirt (that would reach the floor if I was to put it on) and a long sleeve, button up, shirt.

After a minute of thinking, I figured I would wear the shirt for it wasn't that bad, but I'd ask for different bottoms. However, when I took off my towel and slipped on the shirt, I noticed all the buttons where buttoned — even the very top one, which felt a little snug around my neck once on. I went to unbutton the top button, but I couldn’t. 

Looking in the mirror, I tried to see why I couldn’t unbutton the shirt. I found, very quickly, that the shirt was not a button up — it just looked like it. No, in fact all the buttons were sewn in.

I took off the shirt, as quickly as I could - I hated the outfit. I mean it felt and looked like something a nun would wear. Yet, I have to say nun’s wear clothes that reveal more than the outfit he picked out for me. 

Picking up my towel, from the floor, I wrapped myself back in it. Walking to the door, I opened it and stepped out. 

“All done...?” Tony trailed off as he looked at me. Coughing, once, he stood up. “Uhhh-”

“I’m not wearing that,” I spoke as I pointed to the pile of clothes on the bathroom floor. 

“Allison, you get what you get with Mr. Sharp-”

“Like Hell I am,” I stated as I cut him off. “Where is the bastard?” I asked angrily.

Tony shook his head, “I can’t lead you to him, until you get dressed.”

I gave Tony a hard glare before I turned around and walked down the hall we were in. ‘

“Where are you going?” Tony inquired as he followed me. 

“To find Mr. Sharp,” I honestly told him. I’d no idea where I was going, for we were in a location I was not familiar with. As I rounded corners and strolled down random halls, with Tony in tow, I wondered where exactly we were because we most definitely were not at the penthouse. As I found myself going up a staircase, I started to believe we were in a mansion.

Thinking for a second, I wondered where the mansion was located. Was it Colton’s?

“Allison, if he see you — not ready — he will get mad,” Tony stated for the millionth time. “I will get in trouble.”

I ignored Tony, thinking if he really wanted to stop me from finding Colton, he would have to use a lot more than his words. 

Finally, I entered what looked to be a dining hall. At the end of a long wooden table, Colton sat leaning back in his chair — reading some car magazine. He looked up from his booklet and settled sights on me. 

I knew he was about to say something, but I beat him to it, “You are crazy if you think I’m wearing that outfit!” I shouted. 

Colton placed his magazine down on the table, beside his empty plate. Running a hand through his dark locks, he didn’t say a word as he dropped his hand and stood up from his seat. His steps were slow, but that was intentional and calculated - He wanted to intimidate me and have me cower as he got closer and closer, but I stood my ground. When he reached me, he spoke, “You are going to go and put on that outfit — followed by removing all your piercings. No arguments, Allison.”

Gasping, I started to believe he was a noodle shy of an Italian dinner. “Ha-ha, you funny,” I responded. “If that is how it’s going to be - I quit.”

“You quit - Do you honestly want to spend your life in that room? With nothing but a mattress? ... Do you?”

My eyes started to water up. “You know what: fuck you, Mr. Sharp! I told you either kill me or let me go! But because you ‘care’ for me you won’t do either.”

“I don’t care for you, Allison.”

I gave a dry chuckle, “Noted, Mr. Sharp - Oh and don’t call me Allison, call me Ms. Snow.”

Colton’s nostrils flared — showing he was getting mad, “Go get dressed and take out all your piercings, Allison, you are already five minutes late for your job.”

“I told you, I quit.”

“Go get dressed and take out those piercings!” Colton shouted. 

“I’m going to change alright — back into my old clothes. I will, however, keep in my nose, cartilage, belly button and ear piercings. And, there is not a shit lickin’ thing you can do about that.” I began to walk away but Colton’s voice stopped me. 

“Don’t walk away from me, Allison!” 

I flipped Colton off before walked away from him. I’d only taken, maybe, three steps when I felt an arm wrap around my waist. 

“Hold her still, Tony.” Colton stated as he walked around from behind Tony who was holding me. Colton reached out towards my nose. 

“No! Don’t you dare touch me!” I attempted to get out of Tony’s hold, but he was too strong.

With ease, Colton took out my nose piercing — followed by my cartilage and earlobe piercings. 

“Let her go,” Colton instructed Tony. 

“Give me those back,” I hissed when Tony released me. I was about to lounge at Colton when my towel started to slip, I quickly adjusted it and glared at Colton as he put my piercing in his pocket. 

“I’m allowing you to keep your belly button piercing. Be happy.”

“Be happy! Be happy!” I stated as I found what he said humorous. “How can I be happy? You’ve taken my freedom, my life — and my piercings! You’re a monster, Mr. Sharp-”

“You’ve established that,” He lamely said. “Now, go get dressed - I have a meeting in a few hours and I don’t want to be late.”

I rolled my eyes, “You are crazy if you really think I’m going to work for you.”

Colton gave a smile, “You will work for me, Allison - willingly or not.”

“You can’t make me do anything.”

“You’re right, I can’t but if you want to A.) get rewards B.) get back your piercings and C.) have access to roaming the house when you are off work - I think you will take the job.”

***

“Ready?” Colton asked me in a quick tone as we stood at the front door.

I didn’t reply as I walked past him and out the front door. I started to head towards the black limousine that was in the driveway but Colton’s voice halted me. 

“We are not taking the limousine,” Colton stated. 

Turning around, I watched as he nodded his head to the side of the house. I followed Colton as he lead me to the side of the house. Soon, I saw a white, with a single black strip running along the side, helicopter on a helipad. “Please, tell me we are not flying — on that,” I said as my index finger pointed in the direction of the helicopter. 

Colton didn’t reply instead he kept walking in the direction of the helicopter, clearly thinking I’d follow. 

Sadly, I did.

“Why are we taking this?!” I questioned as Colton opened the door to the helicopter. “Why can’t we take your car?” 

“We are in Hampton, Connecticut, Allison. The drive to New York City would be three hours — by flight we can get there in less than hour — give or take a few minutes. Now, hop in — we have a long ride ahead of us.”

It was then that I realized I was going to be alone, for an hour, with Colton. Don’t get me wrong, I expected to be alone with him on the car drive to his work — but I figured he worked nearby. Never did it occur to me that we were three hours by car and an hour by helicopter, from his work. 

When I got in, I sat down in a seat and went to buckle myself, but I noticed something. “Colton! Why are there no seat belts?!” I asked, slightly panicked because this was my first time in a helicopter — and I needed a seat belt!

Colton got in and closed the door, “Don’t be throwing my name around, Allison,” He hissed. “You're luck the pilot is not in here right now.”

“Where is he?” I inquired. 

“I don’t know but if he doesn’t get here-”

“Sorry, Boss, Tony was instructing me-” The man, that got in the front of the helicopter stopped talking when he twisted around in his driver’s seat and saw me. “Oh, I didn’t know we had company.”

“This is Ms. Snow,” Colton introduced. “Allison, this is Rico.”

Rico waved as me before turning to face the controls. “Alright, let’s get this puppy up and runnin’!”

“Ummm, Rico, where are the seat belts?” I asked. 

Looking over his shoulder and locking eyes with me, Rico smiled. “Seat belts? Who needs seat belts?”

I gulped, “Me. I need one.”

Rico’s laugh was the last thing I heard before he started up the helicopter. 

“Isn’t it, like, illegal to ride on of these things without a seat belt?!” I shouted over the loud helicopter noise. 

Colton smiled, “Illegal?”

“Yes, as in against the law!”

“I’m the head drug lord of a multi-million dollar ring, Alice. Following the law on seat belts is not my top priority.”

“So, let me get this straight. You have enough money for seat belts. However, you chose to not have any!”

“Seat belts in a helicopter make it hard...” Colton stopped talking.

“Hard? Hard to do what?” 

Colton, with straight face replied, “They make it hard to throw people out. I mean, if you want to get rid of someone by throwing them out of a helicopter and there all tied down by seat belts, there is struggle and a whole bunch of shit that can be avoided.”

I gave a light-hearted chuckle, “It didn’t come with seat belts did it?”

Colton smiled, “Nope.”

<><><><><><><>

A/N:

PLEASE READ:

1.) I'm sorry I've not updated in a week and a few days. I've been sick with an ear infection (that has thankfully gone away) and a migraine that I've gone to the hospital twice over (they can't make it go away - I've tried all kinds of medicines, but nothing is working - however today is the first day in a week that I've had some relief from it...)

2.) While we don't have a cannibal killer in the book, like the show Hannibal, what Tony explained - about the character Will in the show 'killing someone' but not really killing someone to get Hannibal's trust does shed light into what is going on with Tony and Colton and their whole ordeal. I know, it doesn't all make sense - but it will! Trust me!

3.) I will not be updating for another two weeks. Sorry, I'm leaving this Saturday for a service project. It is a week long trip. The week I get back, I have one day to wash clothes and rest up because the following three days after that i go on another trip (but this one is a vacation). So, sorry guys. I hope this long chapter satisfies you for long enough

AND

4.) Please:

VOTE (it is really easy to do - press that star on the right of your screen!)

COMMENT (I read each one!)

and

SMILE (if nothing else, please do this!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

767 7 16
Bethany Grace Meets A Boy She Falls Head Over Heels With During Her Sophomore Year Of High School. Then When He Goes To Ask Her To Give him a second...
1.1M 37.9K 29
(Book 2) *Contains spoilers below* "I needed more closure than what you gave me." I half lied. "It feels like an open wound someone keeps pourin...
100K 4K 39
"It's too complicated. I'm just too...fragile. I can't be with you." "Fragile, my ass. You just don't want to take the chance of letting someone in...
430 28 31
Cara has an insane crush on this gorgeous boy, Nick. She finally gets to talk to him after some obstacles. Nothing is ever the same after him. Her b...