You saved us part 2

By gwenfanatic

Shefani More

Kingston
Kangaroo
Getting stronger
One step forward two steps back
When the unthinkable happens
Healing
Showing him off

Bed rest

642 3 1
By gwenfanatic

Gwen feels like she is going to lose her mind! Here it is yet another Monday and she is still sitting here. She has been on bed rest now for nine weeks and they want her to hold on till her due date. She is literally going to lose her mind with another 10 weeks to go until her due date. She knows this is what's best for her baby. The scare nine weeks ago was enough to keep her in bed now but that didn't mean she liked it or was happy about it. She was allowed to walk from her bed to the couch and to the bathroom. Blake made her move down to the couch before he left to go to set, telling her he did not want her going up and down the stair without him with her. Gwen knew he was right but that didn't make her any less frustrated about it. Mark Burnett had been great about the whole situation and hired her an assistant. So each week she would pick out the 3 outfit options for the four judges along with all the accessories and send them to her assistant. Her assistant would then in turn show the judges and coordinate with Gwen that all the accessories were as she wanted them before getting the outfits to the judges. It had been great for Gwen to actually have something to do while she was cooped up in to house. When Blake comes home he joins her on the couch or in bed, where ever she decided to be before he left. She gets excited every time she hears the gate beep meaning its opening, like she just heard.

"Hey sunshine! How are my two favorite people this afternoon?" Blake says as he walks into the living room planting a kiss on her lips

"We are ok." Gwen says trying to put a smile on for him

"Gwen what's really going on? You know I can see through the fake smile right?" Blake says as the smile fades from her face

"It's just. I feel trapped. I feel like I'm not doing anything. Your cooking, you have a maid doing the cleaning, your going to work, and then there is me sitting on the couch or in bed all day everyday. I feel useless." She says as her eyes fill

"Sunshine you are not useless. You pick out all of the judges outfits for the shows still. So you make not physically go to work but you are still working. And honestly your doing this biggest job of all, your growing our son."

"I know it's a big job it just doesn't feel like it right now, but hearing you say our son and knowing that it isn't just us saying that but that your name will be the one on his birth certificate makes me so happy."

"Yeah that day was huge for us. Sometimes I still feel like it was a dream. To know his rights were terminated and he is sitting in a jail cell for the next year and a half is pretty amazing."

"That was the third best day of my life."

"The third?"

"Yep the first being the day I found out I was having our peanut. The second being the day I met you. And the third being the day we found out that you are legally gonna be his father."
                                                                   ..........................................................................
Since the whole bed rest thing people have been taking turns to come visit her so she isn't bored ALL the time. Today her mom was coming to visit, so when she heard the gate make that familiar beep she began to let herself get excited. She felt like a kid waiting to open Christmas presents Santa had left. She giggled at her self for being so excited to have someone to talk to her and entertain her.

"Hello sweetheart." Pattie says popping her head around the corner to see if Gwen was in there or in bed

"Hi mom! Come on in!" Gwen says with a huge smile on her face

"How are you doing sweetheart? Holding up ok?"

"I'm doing good. Going crazy but good."

"Yeah you have never been one to sit around doing nothing. 9 weeks left right?"

"No I haven't and I remember why now. Can't I hate doing nothing! Yeah 9 more weeks of doing nothing." Gwen says chuckling "Mom can I talk to you about something?"

"Absolutely sweetheart you know you can talk to me about anything."

"It's just, I've been thinking lately and I don't know what to do about the wedding. Remember when Blake and I called you from Oklahoma and told you about us getting engaged and how excited Blake was to be able to give all of us what we had always thought my life would be."

"Yeah it was very sweet of him. Wanting to show Kingston that he loved you melted my heart."

"It's just now I'm on bed rest and I don't see how we can possible make that happen before King comes."

"Yeah I don't see how we would be able to make that work. Let me ask you this. Is it that important for you two to have the piece of paper when King gets here? Nothing between the two of you is going to change. You are still gonna love Blake and he is still going to love you. Your still both gonna be there together when he is born. Blake's name is still going to be on his birth certificate."

"I didn't really think about it that way. You and dad always made being married such an important part of the path, but your right we don't need the paper for King to know we loved him and each other when he was born. I'm just worried Blake won't see it that way. He really wanted us married before hand."

"Well with the cards life has delt you I don't think that's going to happen. Blake loves you and King, I think he would understand and agree that the health of you and King comes first."

"Yeah I just don't want to disappoint him."

"Gwen sweetheart trust me when I say this isn't your fault and there is no way you will disappoint him. He worships you and you didn't plan on needing to be on bed rest. You can't blame yourself. Blake will understand and if I had to guess he has already thought about this and come to the same conclusion. You guys can get married after King is born."

"You say this isn't my fault and I know that. So why do I still feel like I screwed up?"

"Baby cause your human and you have always been one to strive for perfection. But you have to realize that nothing is perfect. No situation will ever be perfect. Life is about making adjustments and over coming the obstacles. This is just another one of your obstacles, that by the way you are going to overcome."

"Thanks mom. I really needed that!" Gwen says shrinking into her moms chest just like she did when she was little

It's these fleeting moments that Pattie is reminded that even when your kids grow up you never stop being their mom and they never stop needing you. Gwen and Pattie enjoy the afternoon sitting and talking about all the little tips Pattie learned over the years about taking care of babies. Gwen couldn't appreciate that anymore, because even though this is something she has always wanted she would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous. Before the two women knew it they heard to beep of the gate opening letting them know Blake was home. Knowing the couple needed to talk Pattie gathers her things and says her goodbyes.

"Hey sunshine. How's my boy today?" He says bending down and planting a kiss on her lips

"He is good today. A little quiet, until he heard you that is."

This brings a huge smile to Blake's face. He lifts her legs and sits down placing her legs on his lap.

"Hey there little man. Daddy missed you and mommy today."

"Clearly he missed you too." Gwen said grabbing Blake's hand and putting it on her stomach where King was repeatedly kicking.

"Man I'll never get used to that. It's just crazy that he reacts like that to the sound of my voice."

"It shouldn't be a shock Blake. Your his daddy. He loves you."

"I know I just can't seem to wrap my mind around that after convincing myself that kids weren't apart of Gods plan for me."

"We never know Gods plan, we only think we do. Only he knows it."

"Yeah I learned that the day you walked into my life. I love you Gwen."

"I love you to Blake and so does your son. He is definitely gonna be a daddies boy."
                                                                    ..........................................................
Blake decided Gwen needed something to cheer her up. The bed rest was taking a toll on her and he hated seeing her upset. He thought a big dinner with everyone would do her a lot of good. He called and invited her whole family, as well as Adam, Carson, Pharrell, and their wives to come over the following week. He decided to have the dinner catered so it would be an easy night for everyone. Gwen had been so excited when he told her about it.

"I have a surprise for you Gwen."

"Another surprise. Blake you spoil me too much."

"Since you deserve everything I have done for you it can't be too much."

Gwen was so excited she started bouncing on the couch.

"Oh my God Blake thank you. We can order takeout but from where?"

"I already have it covered I arranged for a caterer to do the whole thing including clean up."

"Wow Blake that's expensive just for a dinner."

He just looked at her with that look.

"I know I promised to be ok with you spending money so I won't say anything."

"Good beside this way it will be stress free for everyone and we can just enjoy spending time with out loved ones."

"I love you babe."

"I love you too"

The next afternoon the caterer arrived to set everything up. Blake had gone all up he had ordered all of her favorite foods. Everyone arrived around 6:00 so there was time for them all to meet each other before it was time for dinner.

"This food is amazing Gwen, who is your caterer?" Behati asked her

"Blake found them; he put all of this together."

"Adam could take some lessons from you Blake."

Gwen smiled she was proud of her man, she knew what a catch he is, she is just glad others recognize it too.

After dinner everyone set around talking and eating some of the delicious mini desserts that were being served. Soon everyone started leaving one by one until Todd and Jen were the only ones left with them. Gwen took Jen upstairs to show her some of the new outfits she had ordered the baby. Blake told her once she was up there she wasn't allowed back down tonight unless he carried her. She just laughed and walked up the stairs with her sister in law.

"Blake my man this is the happiest I have seen her ever. Thank you for taking such great care of her."

"Her and that baby are my world Todd, I can't imagine my life without either of them."

Just then Jen called out at the top of her lungs clearly terrified

"BLAKE TODD COME QUICK"

They take the stairs two at a time running as fast as they can. They reach the door to the nursery and stop at the paniced look on Gwen's face.

Blake slow walks to and asks in a frightened voice "Gwen what's wrong?"

She looks up at him and says through her tears "my water just broke.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 2.9K 105
"𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲'𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐫"
81.1K 655 26
𝙸𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑, 𝚍𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚊 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚐𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚞𝚙, 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚊...