Blood Ink ✔️

By pocketbangtan

"That's my tattoo, Y/N, on your body. You know exactly what that means." BTS Jungkook x Reader tattoo artist... More

Before You Read: Take Me Out Now
01: New Start
02: Ink Property
03: Pins and Needles
04: Kookie Baby
05: Canvas
06: Risks
07: Client
08: Work Overseas
09: Connect Two
10: Complications
11: At a Glance
12: Bad News
13: Run
14: Dead but Free
15: The White Room
16: Interview
17: Premonitions and Instincts
18: Be Our Guest
19: The Matador
20: This is Not a Drill
21: Squirrely
22: If I Fall
23: Reunion
24: Pretty Things
25: Judas
26: Wake Up
27: Blame
28: Born or Bred
30: Compromised
31: Insignificant
32: Injured. Not Dead.
33: Rub-A-Dub-Dub
34: Puzzles
35: Responsibilities
36: Memories
37: Anchors Away
38: Shift
39: Swiss Cheese and Chocolate
40: Like a Unicorn
41: Getting to Know You
42: One Minute
43: More Than Pride
44: King of Daegu
45: Fine
46: Hard Life
47: Suicide Squad
48: Moonchild
49: Chomp Chomp
50: Intricate
51: The Duality of Jeon Jungkook
52: Give it Up
53: Flesh Wounds
54: Scream
55: Titans
56: Taehyung
57: Assumption Observation
58: Dress Up
59: Black Ties and Blundering
60: Tell Me a Secret
61: You Aren't Yours
62: Lucky Number Seven
63: Family Kills Family
64: Flies and Monsters
65: Heart/Break
66: uncapitalized
67: Fighting For
68: Rich Man, Poor Man
69: What's Really Important
70: Pinky Promise
71: When the Thunder Rolled
72: Humpty Dumpty
73: Sunsink [Final Chapter]
Epilogue: Centerpiece

29: Shots Fired

761K 31.3K 39.9K
By pocketbangtan

It takes you a minute to fully realize the words he's just spoken to you, and a minute more to screw your mouth up into a wrinkled line of disgust. "Your targets deserve it? Are you serious? Yoongi, I was your target."

He points a finger at you. "Incorrect. We were never supposed to kill you. Our target was the man coming after you."

"Still." You can't believe that they have the audacity to think that they can choose who deserves to live or die. They aren't God. Just the thought makes you want to grab him by his slender shoulders and shake some sense into him, making him realize that his vigilante idea of justice isn't the right one.

Sighing as if he senses your thoughts, Yoongi leans his weight back against the table and rolls his shoulders. "Okay, I'll edit that. It's more like we make sure we don't go after the good guys that get caught up in some drug leader's grudge. We screen our hits; we research their background and lives, and make sure that they aren't innocent. Better?"

"Maybe." But not really. You never imagined yourself having such a conversation - trying to convince an assassin why he shouldn't be an assassin. "What I'm really asking is what gives you the right to decide who lives or dies?"

At the question, Yoongi twists his mouth into a severe frown. "We chose to go after men that won't stop unless we stop them. Rapists and abusers that are on good terms with people that will keep them out of jail for years, Y/N. Did you know that the man coming after you had a history of raping his targets before delivering them where they needed to be brought?"

At that, your mouth goes dry.

If Jungkook and Taehyung hadn't interfered, and if he had caught you that night...

You shiver as your skin crawls, unable to meditate too deeply on the possible outcome of that scenario. You don't know what to say.

Even though you still gape at the idea of the Bangtan Boys playing judge, jury, and executioner as they see fit, you also now have to admit that the practice probably saved you from an experience worse than death.

"Not so against it now, are you?" days the man before you smugly. He must've read your expression.

You're about to answer him when a the ringtone of a cellphone cuts you off, echoing around the exposed beams of the house and bouncing inside of your eardrums.

Swift like a striking snake, Yoongi's hand darts into the pocket of his jeans, and then the phone is pressed to his cheek. "News?"

You go stock still as his knuckles tighten around the tiny metallic box, then relax. Yoongi's body slumps, his shoulders going lax, and he lifts a hand and pinches the bridge of his nose. "Yeah, okay. Got it. Thanks."

Your heart is about to beat it's bloody way out of your chest.

What if Jungkook dies?

What if he'll never wake up again?

What if Jimin and Taehyung hate you for the rest of your life, blaming you for something that, although you regret your involvement in it, really isn't your fault. You truly hope that he wakes up, not only to resolve your guilt, but because you know that the six other men that surround him and support him will suffer a gaping hole of blackness in his absence, bearing the weight of his loss for the rest of their lives.

You have to admit that you might feel a little pull from that black hole, too.

When Yoongi breathes out a gentle sigh and whispers, "Jungkook woke up," all your worries go flying out the shattered window of Hoseok's childhood home.

Those big black does eyes finally opened.

"Come on," says the small-statured man in front of you, motioning with a flock of his wrists. "Let's go back to the house."

You follow him wordlessly, climbing back into the car with an excitement that doesn't near match the restrained eagerness in Yoongi's motions.

Even though the older man's face is its usual placid lake of calm boredom, you can see his relief and love shining through the slightest trembling of his fingertips, and the way he sucks his bottom lip into his mouth every couple of minutes.

He's ready to get back and see his younger brother awake and well.

Roaring to life, the car engine rumbles the seat beneath you as Yoongi revs it and yanks the stick into drive. Taking a final glance at the crumbling building, you realize something.

"Hey," you say. "You never told me your story. You didn't tell me how you were born."

A slight laugh tumbles from his lips, dry and humorless. "Mine is the least original of all. It's a classic 'my parents didn't care, so I ran off and joined a gang' scenario."

Pursing your lips, you simply arch a brow at him. There's no way. His story can't be simple, especially because he's Yoongi. He's so tough and cool and unruffled about anything and everything.

There has to be more than just that.

When he sees your look, the black-haired hitman groans. "Persistent little thing, aren't you? Fine. I was a Boss back in Daegu."

Shocked, you stare at him with new eyes. This man not only was part of a gang, but he ran it. In Daegu.

"Holy crap," you mumble. "A twenty-something-year old mob boss is driving me around like a chauffeur."

Snorting a little, Yoongi flicks his bangs from his eyes in annoyance. "Ex-boss. I quit that years ago."

Years ago. How does he have years to spare?

He's so young, that he had to be eighteen or nineteen years old when he was a boss. That's that craziest thing you've ever heard.

"Why did you leave?" you ask.

Tightening his lips into a thin line, Yoongi shakes his head. His eyes have gone totally blank and cold, and it's like staring at the side of a glacier. Smooth, solid, unbreakable, and completely cut off.

He shut down on you.

Okay. You sit back in your chair, not wanting to press them man who can probably kill you with one punch.

Yet, even as you do this, Yoongi glances up into the rear view mirror. He curses, loudly and with a ferocity that snaps your gaze to his face.

The glacier in his eyes is broken into a million pieces.

"Hold on, Y/N," says Yoongi, just as you feel something smash into the back corner of the SUV.

You shriek and try to hold yourself back as the force threatens to slam your head into the dashboard, your fingers clinging for dear life to your seatbelt.

The car fishtails and skids, a wild beats that Yoongi is working desperately to reign back into control. He finally forces the wheel to keep a straight path, watching in his rear view mirror again. "We've got a tail."

You look back too this time, and see another black SUV behind you, the front bumper caved in from when it hit your car. With the black tinted windows, you can't tell who's driving or how many people in the car.

"Who are they?" you gasp, wincing when Yoongi narrowly avoids another collision with the vehicle by stomping down on the gas pedal.

You're traveling at a dangerous speed through the narrow streets now, every turn forcing a screeching sound from the straining tires.

" I don't know," hisses Yoongi through gritted teeth. His hands are white knuckled on the steering wheel.

You glance back at your tail again, almost passing out when the window rolls down and an arm emerges, the hand holding a small silver object that make you want to vomit.

"G-gun," you choke out. "They've got guns!"

Another curse and skidding turn later, Yoongi taps your knee. "How would you like a crash course in getaway driving?"

Nope.

You shake your head viciously and slap at his hand, which has tightened like a vice around your kneecap. "Not happening. You want to live, don't you?"

"Yup." He's so calm as he looks at you, brown eyes gleaming with feral amusement. "And that's why you're driving."

Before you can even protest, Yoongi's pulled some weird trick that involves shoving you into the driver's seat as he leaps over you into the passenger seat.

You end up gaping, gripping the steering wheel like a lifeline and pressing on the gas pedal, not totally sure how you got there.

"Yoongi!" You screech at the man who's currently digging under the passenger seat. "I don't know where I'm going!"

His phone clangs against the plastic of the dashboard, clattering as it settles. "No worries. I turned on the GPS."

Oh, great.

He's turned on the frickin GPS.

"Turn right in three feet," intones a robotic female voice. You scream and wrench the steering wheel to the right, narrowly missing taking out the wall of a building as you slide onto the road.

Meanwhile, Yoongi's drawn two gleaming handguns from under his seat and is lowering the window, grinning a smile that send chills down your spine.

"Oh yeah," sighs the lunatic beside you. "It's been much too long since I've gotten to do this."

And he opens fire on the car behind you.

[A/N]
Unedited
Finals, writer's block, and life are the things that have kept me from you guys 😭😭 I'm so sorry.
THANK YOU FOR 85K!!
ANNNNNND WITH THE FANARTS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.7K 5.2K 31
What if a group of friends develop an app to deliver illegal things in an anonymous way? Nothing can go wrong, right? Wrong. Not when there's someon...
328K 19.6K 20
❝Have you ever painted anybody naked?❞ You ask out of curiosity. Yoongi clears his throat nervously, ❝No.❞ ❝Could I be the first?❞ ≿━━━━༺ ✺ ༻━━━━≾ ➺...
18.9K 722 36
Reactions to different scenarios with BTS. Might include NSFW scenarios, will be noted. Continuation of Bangtan Imagine. ~ BTS Member x Reader Insert...
585K 24K 65
There are people in the world who are born to be together, soulmates. Upon reaching the age of twelve, a single, unique tattoo appears on the body o...