GOLD ↠ REY

By shelleyduvalls

"YOU ARE GOLD, BABY. SOLID GOLD." - In which Padmé Skywalker II is one of the last Jedi's. - THE LAST JEDI... More

GOLD
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE

SIX

1.8K 80 76
By shelleyduvalls

Padmé sat outside in the rain. She didn't mind the rain truly, Chewie sat inside the Millennium Falcon trying to reach the Resistance. Padmé wondered if what she saw was real. She wondered if they were truly being destroyed by The First Order.

A small animal the one with the big black eyes looked at her in awe. Padmé wondered what it was thinking. She picked the creature up gently and it looked scared.

"Can I ask you a question?" Padmé asked, the animal who let out a strange noise.

"Do you think I could kill Kylo Ren?"

"Meep." the creature said.

"I don't," Padmé said. She believed that. She couldn't defeat Ben that was her cousin.

"I want to," Padmé let out a weak laugh. "I want to because it's what's right for the galaxy. But I don't think I can."

"Meep." The creature repeated.

"I like you, you're easy to talk to." Padmé said and the creature blinked at her.

"I'm gonna keep you," Padmé said "I'm gonna name you Han."

The small creature looked happy about that because it jumped out of Padmés hands and flew to her shoulder. It seemed to be purring and rubbing its back on her shoulder.

Padmé let our 'hm' and got up from her spot on the rock. She slid down the hill and landed on her feet. Han still siding on her shoulder happily.

She saw Rey standing in the rain and smiled. She wore a coat to protect her from the rain although Rey seemed unbothered by it.

"Hey," Padmé said.

"Hi," Rey smiled back. Rey nodded at the animal on Padmés shoulder.

"Who's that?" Rey asked playfully.

Padmé walked closer with a sly smile on her face. Rey watched her carefully and Padmé was now standing in front of the fair skinned woman.

"It's my new pet," Padmé said. "His name is Han."

Rey couldn't help the small laugh that came from her.

"That's cute," Rey muttered to herself.

"I like your coat," Padmé said smiling at Rey.

"Why thank you Padmé Skywalker," Rey said twirling around.

"You're welcome," Padmé said.

"I've never seen rain before."

Padmé watched Rey look out into the ocean. She leaned out and let the rain fall onto her hands.

"All I've known was desert," Rey spoke sadly. Padmé didn't know to respond to that.

"Um, I like the rain too." Padmé said awkwardly. Han threw himself off her shoulders and flew into the Millennium Falcon. Rey was staring off into the ocean and Padmé blinked at her.

"Rey are you-"

"Murderous snake!" Rey yelled. Padmé jumped back.

She wasn't talking to her... right? She had be fine a minute ago. Padmé steped back slowly watching her carefully.

"Rey?" Padmé asked trying to get her attention.

"I know everything I need to know about you," Rey said in an agitated tone.

"You are a monster!" Rey said.

Padmé walked forward and touched Rey's hand. She jumped back and had a startled look in her eyes.

"Rey... who were you talking to?" Padmé asked.

"Nothing," Rey tried to get past her and Padmé grabbed her arm.

"Rey you were talking to the ocean, that's something" Padmé said confused. Had it been like with her and Lincoln? Was Rey connected to someone? Was she connected with Kylo?

"Padmé-"

"You can tell me I promise," Padmé said looking Rey in the eyes. Rey swallowed leaning slightly forward.

"I'm fine." Rey said sternly, and walked off into the Falcon.

〰️

The next day had come much to early for Padmés liking. She sat in the pilots seat of the Falcon.

"Hello-o-o, Resistance? Anyone? Poe Dameron? Hello?" Padmé had been at this for hours. Still no answer, she needed something to distract her from Rey.

She was very agitated with the other girl. All she wanted to do was ask what was wrong, and she got nothing.

Chewbacca seemed to notice how annoyed she was.

"I'm fine." Chewie shook his head indicating that she obviously wasn't.

"No it's not about Rey! I am perfectly fine! I don't need to focus all my energy on Rey. I am a Jedi for have you know." Padmé got up and paced.

"I don't even care that she's probably training right now. I don't care!" Padmé left the Falcon stomping her feet.

Chewbacca let out a laugh to himself when she left.

She watched Rey train up above her on a rock. Rey seemed to be ignoring her as well.

You care she thought.

No I don't she thought back.

Yes. You do.

She stopped walking when she everything went silent. Padmé couldn't hear the waves, Rey, or any of the animals. It was silent.

She closed her eyes tight. Not again. Not again.

She saw Lincoln laying in a bad with the blanket to his stomach and his forearms over his eyes. He lifted his arm slightly and let out a yelp.

Suddenly Lincoln was holding a lightsaber with a threatening look in her eyes.

"Leave. Now."

Padmé rolled her eyes.

"I don't want to be here either," Padmé said.

Lincoln let out a low growl.

"How did you escape?" Padmé asked softly.

"What?" Lincoln asked.

"Everyone think you're dead." Padmé said.

For a brief second it looked as if Lincoln let his guard down.

"My father also thinks you're dead." Padmé added.

"Good." Lincoln said sternly with a agitated look in his eyes.

"How did you escape?" Padmé asked

"Ship that my father sent out earlier and I escaped during the chaos." Lincoln said in a low voice.

Padmé swallowed and Lincoln looked her up and down.

"Do I get to ask you a question, now?" Lincoln asked.

Padmé almost believe her tone was playful. Something tells her Lincoln doesn't know what playful was.

"You can ask that doesn't mean I'll answer." Padmé said.

"Where are the other rebels hiding out?" Lincoln leaned forward his voice was alluring.

Padmé stayed quite and ignored his gaze. Lincoln bite his lip and nodded in understanding.

"Fine don't tell me," Lincoln said.

"I won't," Padmé said.

Lincoln hummed and fell back on her bed.

"I can help you. If Kylo Ren has trapped you here I can-" Padmé was cut off by a giggle.

"Shut up." Lincoln brushed her off.

Padmé suddenly grew angry.

"What is the First Order doing to the Resistance. I saw our ship!" Padmé yelled.

Lincoln looked confused at her sudden mood swing but kept his opinions to herself.

"Your ship is running out of fuel, we're just waiting." Lincoln said with a shrug.

"I'll stop you. I'll stop the First Order. Then I'm going to kill my cousin." Padmé said.

Suddenly Lincoln was gone and Padmé was no longer in his bedroom. She was back.

She needed to tell Rey. Padmé didn't care if she was still angry with Rey, this information was more important than this. She ran looking for the other girl.

"Rey!" Padmé shouted loudly. She ran almost tripping and falling.

"Rey!" She shouted again.

"Rey!" She slammed into someone and fell on top of them. It was Rey.

"Are you alright?" Rey asked from beneath Padmé.

Padmé sat up and Rey propped herself up on her elbows.

Is she not angry anymore? Rey questioned to herself.

"The rebels... they're being attacked and... Rey I don't-"

"Slow down Padmé," Rey said to Padmé.

"The rebels are running low on fuel, the First Order is directly behind them." Padmé said.

Rey stayed quite and watched her carefully.

"How do you know this?" Rey asked.

"I saw it. Lincoln Windu told me he's Kylo Ren's second." Padmé said quickly.

"You saw it..." Rey responded slowly.

"You know what I'm talking about. You see things that aren't really there like a person-" Rey cut her off.

"Kylo Ren. I see Kylo Ren," Rey said. Padmé was silent and Rey sighed.

"That's who you were-"

"Yes." Rey said.

It was silent and Padmé was still sitting on Rey's lap. Rey blushed looking down and she avoided eye contact.

Padmé got up and blinked. "I have to go find my father."

Padmé rushed to leave and Rey watched her leave. Rey had a small smile on her face knowing that Padmé and her were no longer fighting.

~

Padmé found her father meditating. She thought it was best to just come out and say it.

"Lincoln Windu is alive." Padmé said.

"What?" He asked.

"He's alive." Luke stood up and walked past her deep in thought. Or maybe he was just trying to hide his shock.

"How?" He asked.

"He escaped during the chaos, a ship her father had sent." Padmé said softly.

"How did you find this out?" Luke asked turning around.

"I'm connected to him, I don't know how or why but I am."

"Force-bond." Luke said.

Padmé nodded and swallowed. She wasn't going to mention Rey and Kylo's force-bond. It wasn't her place.

"I'm sorry..." Padmé said rushing into hug him. It was a moment before he hugged her back.

All she could think of was Poe Dameron. She wondered how he was. If he was safe. Poe Dameron. Her friend. Her best friend could be dead and she wouldn't even know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 490 19
"𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚠, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗." Everyo...
9.5K 446 16
"Wow ! That means your mommy is a princess ! I've always wanted to meet a princess ! My grandpa told me your mommy knows how to kick butt ! And she k...
136K 3.3K 25
DISCLAIMER: this story is hella old and does not currently reflect my writing! Y/n is one of the last Jedi Luke Skywalker trained, besides Kylo Ren...
190K 9.8K 66
☾ ⋆*・゚::⠀ : .⋆ he hates every single bone in her body but at the end of the day, she is his weakness. "𝐢 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮" ...