The Power of the Rangers

By HiddenIdentityThanks

A bunch of one-shots about power rangers because why not? Power rangers are cool, right? The answer is right... More

Tomboy-Rocky DeSantos
Boy Troubles? - Rocky DeSantos Sister

Dance With Me? - Adam Park

1.7K 3 8
By HiddenIdentityThanks

"So Kim, you and Tommy are going to the dance together tonight?" Kim nodded at Aisha, both girls smiling. Billy was going with a really kind girl, Aisha was looking to go with an old friend who was visiting, and Rocky has had his eye on a specific girl for a while now. 

"Adam? Colyn? What about you guys? Are you guys going to ask a special someone?" 

"Um, well I'm still debating on whether or not I should try and ask him. I mean if I don't I'll be spared the embarrassment when he says no." I told Kim and Aisha, laughing towards the end. 

"You should just ask! I mean what's the harm in a simple question?" Kim told me, with Aisha interjecting.

 "Who is it anyway?" 

"I think you missed the whole embarrassment part of that sentence Kim. Also, I'm probably not going to ask him." I stated, ignoring Aisha's question.

"Okay, but still, what about you Adam? 

"Kind of, yeah, maybe." And a nanosecond later he changed his answer, for the fourth time. "No." And once again, "Well yeah, but she wouldn't like me back. I don't think I'm even gonna go. You all have dates, and I don't really want to be standing in a corner alone. Unless Lynn decides to go, but social gatherings aren't really her thing." 

"Ask her! Both of you! Ask them!" Kim interjected, mentioning between me and Adam like a crazy lady.

"She's got a point guys, I mean honestly. What's the harm in just asking, 'Hey wanna go to the dance tonight?'" Rocky spoke up for the first time.

"Embarrassment. That's what." He laughed at my face of horror. 

"Colyn?, I know you don't want to ask him. So if you don't, are you still going to the dance?" Billy asked me, speaking for the first time in this whole conversation. 

"I don't know, maybe. As Adam said, I don't wanna be standing in the corner alone while you guys are all off having fun with your dates."

"So you two should go, you can hang out together whenever someone else isn't around. You guys are best friends, go as that." 

Adam smiled a bit, "Yeah, I'll go in that case. Lynn, what do you think?"

"Yeah, I won't be as socially awkward if I got a friend by my side." 

"Yes! This is gonna be awesome! Both of you are coming!" Both of us nodded at Rocky. 

There was silence for a moment before Billy broke it. "Sorry guys but I have to head over and help Ernie set up. I'll see you guys later." There were a few goodbyes and waves as he left the table and walked up to the counter. 

"I've got to go too, I'm meeting up with my friend before the dance. Bye!" There were some more goodbyes and waves as Aisha left. Aisha seemed to give Kimberly and Rocky a look from the door, then walked out.

"We should head out too, right Tommy?" 

"What? Oh um, yeah." He seemed confused as Kim pulled him away. 

"Hey, you two, I'm going to go find Diana and ask her about the dance before it's too late. See you soon!" We said goodbye, and Rocky winked at us. What a strange guy.

A few minutes passed before I or Adam said anything to each other. 

"Lynn?" I hummed for Adam to continue. "I was just, uh, wondering, if you- you don't have to tell me, but who were you, going to ask?" 

"No one important. Don't worry about it, really." He frowned.

"Well I should probably get going, sorry."

"Yeah, okay. See you soon, Adam."

"Bye Colyn." 

---------------------------

Seven, It's seven. I'm supposed to meet Adam and Rocky to walk to the dance at seven. I'm late. I let myself panic for a bit longer before heading off to meet the boys. 

After a few minutes of walking I made it to meet up with them. Rocky's date, Diana, was there too. 

"Hey Colyn! You're late." Rocky gave me that joking strict parent look, and I smiled back. "Well, it's great to see you didn't bale on Adam!" I made a face at him, I was meeting him too. Rocky moved closer and whispered something to me. 

"It's not like you hide it that well, Adam's just oblivious." He laughed, but continued speaking, "Don't worry, I won't tell him. Promise. But you should, and before you say anything, there is no chance for embarrassment. Considering it's not any harder to tell he likes you back!" Rocky laughed again and wiggled his eyebrows. I gave him a face of horror, causing him to laugh even harder.

"Yeah, I'd believe that when pigs can fly." 

"Ha ha, very funny Colyn. Well, I mean it's not impossible with Rita up there. But seriously, you two would be super cute! Promise me you'll try to have a good time, even with all the people around. And talk to him." 

"Yeah, maybe." 

"You should, but come on, meet my date! She's super awesome!" I smiled and followed him over to the girl he walked over to. He introduced me to her, though she seemed a little bitchy. I wouldn't say anything though. After that we were left in silence as Rocky and Diana sped ahead of us. 

It was a few moments before me or Adam spoke up.

"So, how are you? Sorry for before, I was just upset over something stupid." He smiled at me, but I frowned.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. Are you feeling any better now?" He smiled and nodded. I smiled back at him. I mean it's hard not to smile when looking at those eyes!

"Lynn! You okay?"

"Huh? What? Oh yeah! I'm fine! I'm good!" 

"You sure? You dazed out and almost ran into a street sign. You know you didn't have to go to this dance. I hope you didn't feel forced because of me."  He smiled lightly and furrowed his brows.

"No! No, I didn't feel forced at all!" 

"Good, that makes me feel better."

It was quiet after that until we got to the dance. 

----------------------------------------

"Come on, let's go inside. I promise I won't leave your side." 

"Thanks Adam." I smiled up at him and he smiled back. 

We met up with everyone quickly before Tommy and Kim left to dance. Rocky was chasing Diana around, Billy's date was a sweetheart, they sat at the counter talking about computers, and Aisha's friend was definitely a flirt. They all left to dance, so me and Adam sat down to talk. 

------------------------------

It was about an hour into the dance before a slow song came on. Me and Adam have been talking the whole time, no one else really came over to talk to us.

"Hey,  Adam!" Mood? Dropped.

"Hey Jane! How are you?" He was happy. She seemed nice. I think she was the girl. Screw what Rocky said, it's not worth the embarrassment.

"Do you want to dance, Adam?" Adam quickly looked back at me, I forced a smile and nod.

"Sure." They walked away into the middle of the crowd of people dancing. I wanted to leave immediately, I decided to say a bit longer. 

-----------------------------

After about thirty minutes of me sitting alone and waiting, I was about to get up and leave. But Tommy and Kim came over.

"Hey Colyn! Where's Adam? Why are you all on your own?"

"He disappeared with a girl, like half an hour ago." Tommy and Kim both looked surprised. Kim left to go find Adam while Tommy stayed with me. He kept asking me questions about what happened and how I felt. Maybe he knew as much as Rocky did, maybe I was that obvious.

"Really, it's fine. He should be able to have fun too! He shouldn't have to sit by my side and babysit me all night just because I don't like crowds.

Tommy didn't get a chance to answer before Kim reappeared with Adam by her side.

"Hey guys, can I talk to you for a minute, Lynn?" I nodded and followed him out to the hallway. The music became more muffled, a better place for whatever he had to say.

"Lynn, I'm really sorry I disappeared on you like that. I figured I'd be gone for one song but Jane kept pulling me back. I didn't even realize just how much time had gone by." I forced another smile but Adam frowned back at me.

"Don't worry about it. You were having fun and lost track of time. How could you not when the girl you had your eyes on asked you to dance!" I laughed, though it didn't sound like I was so happy. Adam shook his head and frowned.

"But she's not the girl." I frowned and shook my head. 

"Well, either way, at least you had a good time and weren't suck babysitting the introvert all night." I laughed a bit and he frowned at me. 

"It's not babysitting, you're my best friend. Plus, I know you get anxious in crowds so it was really rude of me to leave you like that." He began to speak under his breath, but I managed to catch what he said. "Besides, I'd much rather spend time with you than anyone else at this dance anyway." 

"What do you mean?" He shook his head and whispered what sounded like 'screw it'.

"I mean, I like you, Lynn. You're the girl I was thinking about asking but I didn't want to mess up our friendship. Even though I probably just did that now." I smiled and looked up into his eyes.

"Adam?"

"Yeah?"

"I like you too. I didn't want to tell you who I wanted to ask earlier because I wanted to ask you." He smiled so wide I thought his cheeks might split open. 

He reached forward and pulled me into his arms for a hug. I wrapped my arms tight around his neck and he squeezed my waist a bit tighter. 

"Finally!" I jumped back and both of us turned our heads to see Rocky in the doorway. "I've been waiting for this for months!" Adam laughed as I smiled. 

"Well you two, the last slow song of the night is playing if you want to get a dance in." Adam smiled at me, then reached for my hand. 

"Well then, Lynn, would you like to dance?"

"I'd love to."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 4.5K 39
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
102K 9.1K 110
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...
786K 29.3K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
294K 8.8K 95
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...