On the Run (Book 1)

By kthaler

Isabella Montgomery’s life was far from normal. She was the princess of a small Kingdom and was next in line... More

Werewolf
Runaway
Research
The Threat
America
Alpha
Explain
Answers
All White
Princess
Second Chance
Alia
Fun
Love is in the Air
Sore Loser
True Self
Too Good To Be True
What Just Happened
The Talk
Date
Explosion
Culprit
Austin
The Past
Mark
Run
Surprise
Plan
Leaving
Research
Wedding
Reception
The Fight
Memories
Special Night
Married
Epilogue

War

1.6K 58 6
By kthaler

            I woke up the next morning to find that I was alone. The bed was cold and I felt extremely lonely. This had to do with the mating process. I sat up, feeling a bit lightheaded. My head started to pound as I listened to my wolf go on and on about how happy she was that he finally marked us and that she couldn’t wait to be fully mated.

            My eyes widened when she thought that because I wasn’t ready to have sex yet. I was still a virgin and the idea, scared me. I knew Jace had sex before, it was obvious, so what if I wasn’t good enough for him? My wolf proceeded to tell me I was crazy and that he loved us.

            I got up from the bed, and walked into the bathroom. I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror and gasped. My face was flushed and a bit pink and my hair was a ratted mess. This was going to take forever to brush out. What caught my eye the most was the mate on my neck. It was obviously a bite mark but it was turning into the shape of a crescent moon. I wondered why it wasn’t a full moon, like most would expect since we’re werewolves and isn’t the full moon supposed to make us stronger or something. I frowned at the redness around it though.
            “Don’t worry, it’s heal up and turn brown in a week or so.” Jace’s voice said behind me from the door, causing me to jump.
            “Don’t scare me like that!” I yelled at him, my heart racing.

            “You know for someone who supposedly has werewolf hearing, you really are easy to sneak up on.” Jace smirked, walking behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

            “I just wasn’t paying attention.” I protested, pulling away from him but he wouldn’t let me.
            “Sure, we’ll go with that.” Jace laughed, causing me to slap him in the arm.
            “Now, I have a pack meeting to go to about this war, but I wanted to give you something before I go. Now close your eyes.” He instructed.
            I did as he said and listened as he dug in his pocket and then I jumped when I felt something cold wrap around my neck and Jace’s hand, occasionally brushing up against the back of my neck. He told me to open my eyes and when I did, I saw a silver chained necklace around my neck. It had a black wolf on the end and a crescent moon above.
            “Oh my God, I love it!” I exclaimed, turning around and wrapping my arms around his neck.
            “That’s not everything, look.” He said as he pulled the same neck out of his shirt that was attached around his neck. Instead of his wolf being black, it was white.
            “I figured since you’re a white wolf and I’m a black wolf, this would be appropriate. Now, we will always have each other.” Jace smiled. 

            I could not wipe the smile off my face to save my life. My heart was melting at this gift. And to think he couldn’t get any better. There was many things I wanted to say t him, but words just didn’t form. I stared at the necklace like it could disappear at any moment. I loved it, I loved him.
            “I think this beats the incinerated flowers.” Jace joked.

            Tears filled my eyes as I laughed; this was the sweetest thing ever. I would never take this necklace off. Jace noticed the tears and immediately, frowned and hugged me, asking me what was wrong.
            “Nothing, it’s just this is the sweetest thing ever. I love you Jace Adair.” I smiled.
            He sighed with relief and hugged me, kissing me on the forehead as we hugged. I could seriously stay in his arms all day but I remembered that he had a pack meeting to go to. We said out goodbyes and I watched as my wonderful mate left the room, leaving me alone. What was I going to do now? Within seconds of leaving, Alia walked in the room, smiling at me.
            “So when were you coming to tell me that he marked you!” Alia exclaimed.

            “Well I just woke up, calm down. It’s no big deal.” I said, brushing it off, even though it was a big deal and Jace and I were finally on good terms.
            “What? No, this is a huge deal. Now, you can mind link and you’ll be even closer to Jace.” She smiled.
            “Mind link?” I asked, not sure how to do that, or even what it was like.

            “Yes, mind link. Isn’t it so cool?” Alia spoke in my mind.

I knew them because her lips didn’t move when she spoke and it sounded more like my wolf talking than her. I smiled, excited about my new ability. We decided that we were going to hang out the rest of the day, since Jace and Zack were at the meeting. Alia was going to introduce me to some of the females in the pack.

            I slipped into some of Alia’s clothes, which was a pair of white shorts, and a teal colored tank top. Since it was always hot around here, I was thankful Alia had plenty of tank tops. We walked out into the living room, where about ten women were sitting, either playing with their kids, watching TV, or talking to each other.
            “Hey, everyone. This is Isabella, our Luna.” Alia introduced.
            Everyone’s heads bowed me to me in respect, which I hated. I remembered that yesterday I had met some of the pack and was completely embarrassed because of how I looked, thank God, I looked better today than I did yesterday. I greeted everyone shyly, not sure how I was supposed to act around them. I never really met new people, so this was all new to me.
            “How are you feeling? Have you recovered?” An older woman, who looked about forty, asked me.
            “I’m doing much better, thank you.” I replied, giving her a small smile.
            For the rest of the afternoon, I got to know everyone better. I helped cook lunch for the kids and other pack members, and memorized most of the ladies names. Their ages ranged from fifteen to sixty. Everyone seemed to love me, when they barely even knew me. I did like that I wasn’t a horrible Luna to them.
            It was about three in the afternoon when Jace returned from the meeting. He looked depressed and exhausted, but when he saw me, he perked up and gave me a sweet smile. I wrapped my arms around him, holding him tight. I leaned up and gave him a peck on the lips.
            “So how was your meeting?” I asked, causing him to frown.
            “How about we go upstairs.” He suggested, and I knew something wasn’t good.

            I quickly followed him to our bedroom, where I sat down on the bed, waiting for him to talk. With everything going on, I’m not sure how Jace is so calm all the time. He sat down neck to me and I buried my face into his neck, my wolf enjoying this moment as she cheered in my head about how great our mate smelled.
            “What’s wrong?” I asked, breaking the silence.
            “We got another letter today, at the meeting. It was from Matthew.” He said.

            “What’d it say?” I asked, as I pulled away from him, staring him right in the eyes, needing to know what Matthew said. Part of me was terrified, but I needed to know.
            “The war is about to begin.” He said, sending chills up my spine.
            Was Matthew going to start the war? Was he apart of the war? Was he helping Austin? So many questions fill my head. Of course, Matthew would be so blunt to freak us all out. I don’t know about Jace, but I was terrified of Matthew and what he was capable of. What if Jace couldn’t protect me? I mean, he was fighting a war and trying to protect me from Matthew.

            “Are we going to attack Austin first?” I asked.
            “I’m not sure who will be first, but we’re planning on attacking in two days, once our fighters are strong and well rested. Though, we are ready if Austin would attack us before then.” Jace assured me.

            “I’m scared.” I admitted.

            “Come on, let’s go for a run. It’s be good to blow off stream and relax. We won’t go far.” Jace said, grabbing my hand and leading me outside. We passed Zack and told him we were going for a run. He nodded and said he would be on the boarder, being on lookout.

            Once we were outside, we each went behind different trees, and stripped out of our clothes before shifting. I grabbed my clothes in my mouth, not wanting my wolf to get tired later on and I have to shift with nothing to wear. Jace did the same and we took off running farther away from the pack house. Once, we were far enough from the house, but it was still a bit visible, we stopped. We put our clothes down and started to chase each other around. We did this for about ten more minutes, until I was tired.

            Out of nowhere, I was tackled to the ground. I looked to see Jace’s black wolf on top of me panting slightly. I could see him grinning through his wolf. I tried to nip at him, it didn’t affect him. He leaned down and licked my face, which I assumed was his way of kissing me. Before I knew it, Jace shifted back into his human form, still lying on top of me, but was naked.

            I yelped and pushed him off of me, turning around and burying my face into the ground, not wanting to see him naked. I heard him chuckling at my reaction and if I was in my human form, I would be blushing like crazy.
            “You can turn around, I’m dressed.” Jace laughed as I slowly turned around, not believing him.

            When I turned around, he was in a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I sighed and guessed that I should get into human form. I walked behind a tree, with my clothes and shifted back, my bones aching from running so much. I never really ran that much before, so being athletic wasn’t really my thing. Sure, I ran when I first got here, but I had a purpose. Now, running just because, was a different story.
            I walked out from behind the trees to see Jace lying on the grass, hands behind his head as he enjoyed relaxing. I walked over to him and laid down, laying my head on his chest.
            “I love you, Jace.” I said, smiling up at him as he leaned over and kissed me on the lips, gently.

            “I love you more than anything. I promise, once this war is over, we will go out and actually do something without living in fear.” He said, smiling at me. This cute moment we were having was cut off when a scream echoed the forest.

            “They’re here! Get ready to attack!” Someone shouted.
            Just then there was a loud explosion and with my good eyesight, I caught sight of the pack house being engulfed in flames. Screams of women and children filled the air and I couldn’t help but think that all the pack’s women and children were in the pack house, which was now in flames. I turned towards Jace and was about to run, when several growled stopped us.

Hey everyone, here's another chapter. What did you think about the end? To the right is a picture of the neckalces Jace got, except the gold one is supposed to be black. This chapter's dedication goes to @BMTHcrazychick. Thanks for commenting. Sorry for the cliffhanger, i'll try and update as soon as i can. Thanks everyone and please vote and comment!!!!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 118 19
(EDITING PLEASE RE-READ!) Isabella Adrienne has just turned 18 and must now find her true mate. In a world where being marked by anyone but your true...
1.5K 54 22
Young Claire was tortured and kept in a cell for most of her life. The scientists want her for some reason. They want to know what makes her differen...
44.5K 788 38
Table of contents. Coming to school, being bullied, called as a nerd and hated by your own bestfriend. Is the worse thing that will happen to you. A...
63.5K 4K 42
Secrets...in every family,friendship and relationship exists some kind of secret. They always find a way to exist,to manipulate and control someone's...