cosmic love // e. gilbert 3.

By MaryBravo200

It felt like a dream. Having Elena Gilbert's love. Holden lived a full summer for once in his life. With Damo... More

COSMIC LOVE
PART I
Playlist
2. When Boyfriends Come To Visit
3. Annoying Dreams
4. Our Little Witch
5. The Royalty's Betrayals
6. Ikea Sink
7. Three Doppelgängers, what could go wrong?
8. Cannibals
9. Stuck
10. One And Only
11. Last Day Of Happiness
12. Sudden Breakups Cause Ugly Decisions
13. Dark Side
14. Help For The Reckless Brother
15. Possessed Girlfriends
16. Back Together Or Not?
17. A Break Through
18. Even More Annoying Dreams
19. Too Much Broken Hearts
20. Never Have I Ever
21. I Need You Now
22. Gone
PART II
Playlist
1. Remember Me
2.1 Forget Me
2.2 Cherish Me
3. Meet Me
4. Take Me
5. See Me
6. Find Me
7. Hate Me
8. Shock Me
9. Adore Me
10. Fight Me
11. Love Me
12. Talk To Me
13. Be With Me
14. Let Go Of Me
15. Stay With Me
16. Scare Me
17. Befriend Me
18. Surprise Me
19. Imagine Me
20. Do It With Me
21. Hurt Me
22.1 Hold Me
22.2 End Me
THE END AND THANK YOU

1. Best Summer Yet

4.1K 84 11
By MaryBravo200

-----------

-----------

Florence + The Machine - Cosmic Love

"I took the stars from our eyes, and then I made a map
And knew that somehow I could find my way back."

"HEY BONNIE. How is the summer almost over, and yet I got nothing done?" Elena began typing into her computer to Bonnie, who spent the summer away. "Sounds like you're having fun traveling with your mom. I still don't know how I'm supposed to do this whole college thing without you. And Caroline agrees; she spent the whole summer designing the color palette for our dorm room, while Tyler's been away helping some wolf pack in Tennessee."

Elena looked up from her computer to see Holden sleeping in bed peacefully, lying on his stomach. She giggled to herself before finishing off her letter. "Matt and Rebekah have been sending postcards. I think they're in Amsterdam now... or was it Prague? I can't keep track, and honestly, I'm not sure I really want to know. Anyway, Holden and I... We have never been greater. I can't wait to see you. When do you get back? Love, Elena."

Elena then stood up from her seat before quietly tip toeing towards her sleeping boyfriend. A huge smirk was spread across her lips as she touched his cheek.

The two were inseparable and spent their summer building a beautiful relationship. Elena trusted Holden more and more everyday. For the first time Elena was actually happy to be a vampire. With Holden.

Damon was still not home, searching for Izzie and Elena could see how worried Holden was getting. Not only Damon was gone, trying to find Izzie, but also Stefan, who magically disappeared, but Holden knew he kept his word and left because Elena chose his older brother.

Elena slowly traced her lean fingers along his jaw causing Holden to move in his sleep before he finally opened one eye to see Elena smiling up at him. A huge grin appeared on his sleepy face. "How was sleep?" Elena questioned curiously so Holden mused before grabbing her by her waist and throwing her on the bed. "Holden!"

Holden appeared on top of her as Elena chuckled staring into his green eyes that she was so glad to own. Constant jealousy surrounded Elena whenever Holden talked to another woman, even if it was just Caroline. She was so in love she could've locked herself in the room with him for the rest of her life.

The Salvatore kissed her lips hungrily, not being afraid to kiss her anymore. They shared many kisses, nights, hugs and love in the summer but it was rarely enough. Elena kissed him back before pulling away. "We have to get up, I'm leaving today," Elena commented as Holden pouted before deciding to kiss her neck.

Shivers ran down Elena's whole body as she let out a delighted sound. "But how can I leave when you're doing things like these?" she asked rhetorically so Holden raised his head up to kiss her on the lips again. "Seriously, we have to get up."

Holden shook his head as he snaked his arms around her small waist. "Why can't I spend my last morning with you in bed, kissing you, sweetheart?" he asked with a smirk. Holden often called Elena nicknames and she loved that.

Elena groaned playfully. "You know I can stay. Especially for Jeremy," Elena commented seriously.

Jeremy somehow was brought back to life causing Elena to be really happy by that. "Nope. No no no," Holden snuggled his head into her neck as Elena laughed trying to push his head up again. "You're going to college. You're gonna drink cheap champagne, attend every class you took. You're gonna go to every frat party because how can a cute jock not see that you're incredibly beautiful?"

Elena chuckled gleefully, her eyes shining when Holden raised his head up again nonchalantly. "But then, when they ask your number you're gonna politely decline or kick their ass if they're touchy," he continued and Elena wanted to do nothing but that. "Because you have a gorgeous boyfriend back home, who's really jealous of touchy dudes."

"Okay, gorgeous boy," Elena told him touching his face as Holden closed his eyes to melt into her touch. "I can't believe I'm exchanging you into communal showers."

Holden opened his shining eyes again as he smirked at her. "I can't believe it either."

Elena then was the one to lean forward and kiss him on the lips. The two got heated before Elena pulled away again. "Any news of Damon and Izzie?" she questioned curiously as Holden sighed and shook his head. "When was the last time you heard from Damon?"

"Two weeks ago," Holden looked upset over that as he got off of Elena before sitting up in bed and rubbing his face with his hands. With a huge sigh Holden finally stood up as Elena frowned before getting out of the bed as well. "I don't even know what is going on anymore, Elena. Maybe he did find her but maybe they're hiding from me..."

"Of course not," Elena shook her head before walking over to him. Holden stared at her with doubts. "You were the one to let them date. You told Damon to go and find her, so they are definitely not angry at you."

"Then why hasn't he called yet?" Holden questioned tiredly before Elena brought him in for a hug. Holden wrapped his arms around her as Elena rubbed his back comfortingly.

"He will, I'm sure," she nodded her head and then Holden pulled away.

Elena held a weird expression on her face that Holden immediately recognized as worry. "You okay?" he asked brushing his fingers against her cheek.

"Yeah, I've just got this weird feeling like something bad's about to happen," she told him so Holden smiled then before hugging her as he kissed the top of her head. As he thought of Stefan.

AS ELENA TALKED TO JEREMY ABOUT WHAT HE HAD TO TELL IN SCHOOL SINCE EVERYONE THOUGHT HE WAS DEAD, HOLDEN DECIDED TO CALL DAMON AGAIN. He waited for Damon to answer the call but he didn't so Holden rolled his eyes before hearing a car horn outside.

He grabbed Elena's suitcases before carrying them into the foyer to see Jeremy and Elena sitting in front of each other. "Caroline just pulled up," he told Elena, who stood up with a stressed face.

"I- I can't leave," she shook her head as Holden glanced at Jeremy, whom he got to say close during the summer. "I should stay and at least wait until Jeremy settles in to school-"

"You're going," Holden nodded quickly as he approached the Gilbert clan. Holden knew he was gonna miss Elena a lot but he also wanted her to live her life to the fullest. Because the cure was used on Katherine. So there was no shot at Elena being a human again. "I'm gonna take care of Jeremy. We're best friends now."

Jeremy looked at Holden in confusion, but Holden just patted his shoulder. "Don't worry about a thing. Do you trust me?"

"Of course," Elena nodded her head so Holden smiled softly. "Well, at least Whitmore is only a few hours away, so if there's anything you need, Jer, just call me-"

"Hey, I'll see you on laundry day," Jeremy smiled so the two hugged as Elena smiled, told her byes before walking over to Holden, who was already waiting for her at the doorway.

"So, I'm sure this long-distance is gonna work, so I won't give you any epic speeches," Elena said calmly as she stood in front of him.

Holden pouted. "Damn it, I was ready for one," he joked so Elena smiled looking down.

"Call me if Izzie and Damon come back or you get any news. And I'll come back. I can't let you face them alone," Elena told him so he nodded his head. "Or Stefan..."

Holden nodded again so Elena took his face into her hands and kissed him softly. Jeremy looked away with a slight eye roll. Elena then pulled away from Holden as she put her hands around his neck. "I love you."

"I love you," Holden repeated wholeheartedly before giving her one last kiss. He let go of her hands so Elena turned to wave at Jeremy as Holden opened the door.

"Bye bye," Holden smirked so Elena took her suitcases before walking out. But as Holden began closing the door, Elena peeked back in to kiss him one last time then really left.

Holden smirked as he turned to Jeremy before it dropped. "Off to school. I'm not playing with you," he commented so Jeremy rolled his eyes before leaving the living room.

Holden sighed before walking further into his house.

HOLDEN SPENT HIS ENTIRE DAY WAITING FOR ANY CALL. So when his phone rang he quickly grabbed it to see that Elena was calling. He answered the call. "So, Caroline and I have a roommate, who's not Bonnie."

"What?!" Holden faked his anger as he walked around the house. Jeremy was in school already. "How did that happen?"

"There must've been a mix-up at the housing office," Elena sighed angrily but Holden didn't answer. "I'm sorry, I'm just babbling about dumb stuff and you're definitely worried about your brothers and Izzie."

Holden shook his head to himself. "No, it's okay, Elena. I love nothing more than your rambles," he commented calmly before leaving his room. "So, compel someone to take her out."

"Exactly Caroline's words."

Holden smiled to himself. "So do it then," he encouraged but Elena sighed deeply.

"Holden, what's the point in going to college if we're just gonna recreate what happens in Mystic Falls?" Elena questioned as Holden heard a sound inside his house. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion before slowly going to investigate.

"Okay, fine," he said playfully as Elena chuckled, but Holden was more focused on the sounds coming from the parlor.

"Did Jeremy get to school today?" Elena asked as Holden mused a 'mhm'. "Holden, are you okay? What is going on?" Elena asked, getting worried.

"Nothing. I... Spaced out."

"Okay," Elena mused weirdly. "So, what you're hinting at is that me being here, you being there can actually work?"

Holden stopped in the doorway when he saw Katherine, looking bedraggled and human, standing in front of him. "Yes, it can. Um, Elena, I really gotta go now," Holden mused with furrowed eyebrows before hanging up.

Katherine glanced at him dully. "It's been a long summer, Holden."

"Katherine," Holden trailed off dully as she blinked at him. She definitely didn't look like the Katherine he knew. Her eyes had dark circles below her eyes, her hair was a mess. But most importantly she looked broken.

Holden watched Katherine pour herself a shot of bourbon then down it, then pour another. "You're gonna have to cut me off soon. My tolerance is a joke now. It's just so... glorious," Katherine commented dully before raising her brows at him. "Where's Stefan? Or that annoying older brother of yours?"

The Middle Salvatore decided not to answer her that as he crossed his arms over his chest. "You look... not good."

Katherine rolled her tired looking eyes. "Please. I'm Katherine Pierce - I'm a survivor," she mused, not really believing in herself anymore as Holden chuckled lowly.

"Explains the messy hair and chipped nails," he said before going to sit down on the couch as Katherine watched him. She knew he was with Elena, living happily while she had to run away from all the enemies she made during her vampire life. "And I know exactly why you're here. You want me to turn you back."

Katherine glanced at him discretely but Holden could hear her heartbeat going off when he said those words. "Just say a word," he smirked and Katherine knew he was just playing because no way Holden was gonna turn her.

"I can't, okay?" she snapped angrily so Holden smiled mockingly before standing up. She was the one who turned him into a vampire, and yet he was more powerful than her, which brought happiness. "No one ever took the cure. If I die, there's a good chance I may never wake up."

Holden chuckled again so Katherine glared at him. "And I know that in that mushy Elena- loving heart, you do have a soft spot for me," Katherine commented leaning over the couch to whisper it into Holden's dull looking face. "Explains the choice in women."

"Why are you really here?" he asked angrily and then the house phone started to ring. Holden stood up and wanted to answer the call but Katherine beat him to that.

"Salvatore residence," she smirked at an angry Holden. "Hello, Principal Weber, this is Elena. Oh, dear. We'll find him."

Katherine then hung up the phone to smirk at Holden. "So Jeremy's been expelled. Elena will be cool with that, huh?"

Holden closed his eyes in annoyance at the news before he moved towards to leave. "Get out while I'm gone."

"Holden, wait. I can't leave!" Katherine begged immediately as he stopped to look at her with a 'I don't care' look. "There someone's chasing me."

"Then do what you said you do. Survive and run," he shrugged as Katherine rushed over to him with wide terrified eyes.

"Holden, you don't understand. I have enemies everywhere," she sneered as he looked down at her. "What happens when the word gets out that I'm human? I can't protect myself! I'm weak and I'm slow - do you have any idea what it's like to run in heels? I have blisters! Please, just... help me."

Katherine's plea for help sounded grudging but she looked desperate. Holden pursed his lips as he looked down at her.

JEREMY WAS SITING AT A TABLE OUTSIDE THE MYSTIC GRILL WHEN HE SAW HOLDEN APPROACHING HIM WITH A BROODING FACE. The boy rolled his eyes then looked away as Holden finally reached the boy before sitting down. "Leave me alone, Holden."

"Do you know what could've happened to those guys you beat?" Holden questioned seriously as Jeremy rolled his eyes again. "You lashes out on them like some hunter."

"Whatever. At least I don't have to go back to that stupid school again," Jeremy answered with a sneer. "And why do you care so much?"

"Because like it or not I feel responsible for you."

"Only because you love Elena," Jeremy snapped back as Holden sat back in his chair angrily.

"That's not true, Jeremy. I... We had a great summer! What happened to you liking me?" Holden asked with bewilderment on his face as Jeremy pursed his lips. "Listen, kid. I just want you to have a normal life again."

"Which is not possible, because my sister herself is supernatural," Jeremy argued as Holden nodded his head, understanding the boy.

"Okay, fine. You should be glad Principal Weber is a... generous man," Holden trailed off as Jeremy looked at him in confusion. "Three day suspension. And he did bargain!"

Jeremy groaned loudly so Holden smirked before standing up to see Stefan approaching their table with a wicked smirk on his face. "Stefan?" Holden questioned in shock as Jeremy looked up to see him.

Silas stopped in front of Stefan. "Hello, Holden."

"Stefan. We-Welcome back," Holden nodded his head, super excited to see his brother back home. He thought Stefan hated him for stealing his girl.

Silas nodded his head before hugging Holden and patting his back. Holden furrowed his eyebrows in confusion before Silas pulled away and grinned at Holden, who smiled back, kinda creeped out by Stefan.

The two then left Jeremy and walked inside towards the bar. Silas sat down with a heavy sigh before glancing at Holden. "Look, I really understand why you didn't call all summer. I get it," Holden began as he ordered them a bottle.

"Yeah, because you stole my girlfriend," Silas read Holden's mind, who looked at him guiltily. "Cheers to that."

The two clank their glasses as Silas continued reading through Holden's mind like a book. "So you're worried about Damon and Izzie..."

"How do you know that?" he asked, getting a bit creeped out by the smily Stefan a little too much.

"Also Katherine's living in Château Salvatore..." Silas trailed off before Holden looked at him with wide eyes. "I can read your mind, Holdie! I'm kidding, buddy. Katherine called me and told me everything. I guess she's still not over me."

"Sure," Holden commented as he checked for his phone to find that he left it at home. Groaning, Holden sat back and downed his shot as Jeremy approached them at the bar.

Silas placed a hand on Jeremy's arm before chuckling. "Hey, Jeremy. Looking good, man."

Jeremy thought that Stefan either was really drunk or something happened to him. "Yeah... yeah," Silas then turned to his older brother. "I'll see you, uh, at home."

"Of course," Holden commented so Silas patted his back again before leaving the bar.

Jeremy watched him leave before immediately turning to face Holden. "Something's wrong, Holden," the boy said. "When he touched me, I felt a chill where my tattoo was."

"What do you mean?" Holden asked in confusion as Jeremy pursed his lips, not really knowing the feeling himself.

"Right before I died, Silas grabbed me and I felt the same thing," he explained as Holden didn't want to believe that Stefan was actually Silas.

"I mean, Bonnie did turn him into a rock," Holden shrugged so for a moment Jeremy looked off into space before turning back to Holden.

"That was Silas."

Holden stood up then. "It's impossible."

Jeremy shook his head at him. "I'm a hunter. Our whole reason for existing is to kill him. I know what I'm feeling, Holden. That - that was definitely Silas."

Holden then realized that it was Silas, but he had no idea how he was able to pose as Stefan to so many people at the same time. "We gotta go home. Now."

He then grabbed Jeremy as the both of them left the Grill. Holden knew Katherine was in danger for some reason and he wanted to protect her, because if Silas wanted her, they had to want her more.

When the two walked into the house, they found Katherine running towards the door with only a towel wrapped around her body. She bumped into Holden's chest and squealed but realized it was only him. "Get her out of here," Holden mused grabbing Katherine by her arm and handing her off to Jeremy. "Do not tell me where you are heading."

Jeremy gave Holden a nod before the two left as Holden turned to Silas. "You better get out of my way and give me Katherine," Silas threatened.

"First, stop posing as Stefan," Holden sneered causing Silas to let out a small laugh. "What's so funny?"

Silas looked at Holden in amusement.

HOLDEN WAS STARING AT THE GROUND AS HE FINALLY LET SILAS' WORDS SINK INTO HIM. "Doppelgängers? Really?" he questioned angrily as Silas smiled at him.

"You say you don't believe me, but yet the mind is actually letting it sink in," Silas pointed to his own head as Holden glared at him angrily.

"Stay away from my head," he said angrily before looking away. "So you're Stefan's... twin?"

Silas scoffed as if it offended him. "Please. I have no twins. See, when I became truly immortal, Nature retaliated by creating a version of me that was killable. It's called a 'shadow self'."

Holden looked at Silas in bewilderment before sighing deeply. "Well, the cure's gone so why do you need Katherine?"

Silas chuckled. "You just asked and answered yourself," he commented as Holden laughed falsely before glaring at Silas again. He couldn't believe Stefan was some old immortal's doppelgänger. Just like Elena.

"You are not getting to her."

"I guess you don't know about Stefan as much as you thought? Or is it the fact that you worry more about Damon?" Silas asked, trying to bite deep down into Holden's feelings. "Do you really think Stefan would leave for three months without saying a warning word, so you could just play house with Elena, who happens to be the love of his life? Or was it all just delusions that he'd be okay with it?"

Holden clenched his jaw while shaking his head. "Where the hell is Stefan?" he sneered, worrying about him a lot more than Damon.

"He's suffering," Silas said calmly. Guilt washed over Holden's whole body. "Like I suffered. So, call the hunter, bring me Katherine, and then I will tell you where your little brother is. If not both."

Holden then took his phone out as Silas smirked. He called Jeremy, who answered immediately. "Hey."

"Where are you?" Holden asked while staring at Silas walk around the parlor with a curious face.

"You told me yourself not to tell you."

"Just tell me!" Holden snapped so Jeremy sighed deeply.

"We just passed Old Miller Road."

Holden nodded his head as Silas read his mind. "Bring her back."

"What?! No!" Holden could hear Katherine's protests so Holden hung up the phone before facing Silas with a grimace on his face.

After about fifteen minutes later, Holden began to pace around as Silas watched him closely. "Your thought are interesting. It's like... like sweet and sour at the same time. Like Sour Patch Kids!"

Holden glanced at him with a confused face. "Why are you so creepy?" Holden questioned as Silas laughed at that comment.

"You are seriously worrying. About Jeremy, because he hadn't called you in fifteen minutes. About Damon and Izzie, because you're scared they decided to dodge you, since it's your fault they are apart. About Elena, who you don't want to lose so much. About Stefan, and how guilty you feel that he's been suffering, even if you don't know how. Do you ever think about yourself at all?"

Holden looked away.

AFTER CAUSING AN ACCIDENT JUST TO SURVIVE KATHERINE STUMBLED OUTSIDE OF A WRECKED CAR. She stared at Jeremy, who lied immobile on the ground several yards away, breathing heavily from the injuries. "Hey..." he reached a hand towards her for help. "Please..."

Katherine's face was all scratched up as she glared at him before deciding to abandon him. She wobbled away so Jeremy finally lost his consciousness.

Holden was driving around, looking for them as if he had that feeling of something not being fine. Especially knowing how Katherine could be.

When he saw a familiar looking car, turned upside down and Jeremy lying on the ground near it, he immediately came to a stop before vamp speeding to the boy he cared about. "Jer!" he shouted before kneeling down besides him. "Jeremy!"

Holden bit into his wrist before shoving it into Jeremy's mouth, feeding him his blood with a worried face. "Come on, buddy. We gotta cooperate here! You do not die on my watch. Come on, open your eyes, kid! Gah!"

After a small beat, Jeremy slowly opened his eyes to look at Holden's relieved face. "Katherine's... gone."

Holden smiled before helping Jeremy sit up as he hugged him. "I could care less, buddy."

HOLDEN WAS TALKING WITH ELENA THROUGH THE PHONE. He was debating whether to tell her everything or lie and say that everything was okay. The two entered the house as Jeremy yawned tiredly. "Hey, I'm sorry I didn't call you today again," Holden told his girlfriend softly.

"What happened? You seemed like you saw someone," Elena told him as Holden glanced at Jeremy, who was clearly listening to their conversation.

"It was only some random dude. Thought he could break in," Holden lied so Jeremy rolled his eyes as the two stopped in the foyer. "What happened to you? I heard about your roommate. Are you okay, sweetheart?"

"I will be, I guess," she shrugged with a soft sigh that made Holden smile. "I just have no idea why my dad's involved into this. I need to know why."

"You do that," Holden told her before looking at Jeremy. "Your brother and I are best friends for life!"

Elena laughed wholeheartedly. "I love you so much, Holden."

Holden smirked to the air. "I love you," he mused honestly before hanging up the phone and sighing with wide eyes.

"You lied to her," Jeremy began as the two stood in front of each other.

"I know," Holden nodded his head as he motioned for Jeremy to go inside.

Jeremy began walking. "Why would you lie about Silas or Katherine or that I got expelled?"

"Suspended," Holden corrected. "Look, I don't want Elena worried. She has a lot on her plate already so—"

Holden then paused when he finally walked into the parlor to find Damon there, drinking bourbon. He widened his eyes but there was no Izzie. "Damon," Holden said as Damon saluted with his shot of bourbon.

"Hello, Holdie."

Vote, read, comment.

I used Damon's story on Holden for the whole episode one. Meh:D But Damon's back people!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.7K 3.3K 30
Everything has changed. 72 years ago, Elena's life was linked to Bonnie's by Kai Parker. All of her family and friends have patiently waited for the...
243K 5.3K 32
"No matter how much you try to heal your broken problems you're only able to do as much as a tourniquet." Nothing ever happened in boring old Mystic...
29.6K 574 30
*Vampire Diaries Fanfic* Damon and Stefan Salvatore have gone through a lot together. Now that they know they can't kill the originals they plan on...
74.2K 1.7K 64
Eva Gilbert has spent her entire life having fun with her best friend and twin sister Elena in Mystic Falls, a small town in Virginia where nothing b...