A Spark In Our Soul [Optimus...

By TalanaChan

"You wanted to control it." You are connected to a giant Robot since you touched an artifact in you fathers... More

Prologue: Change the Reality
Chapter One: First Point of View
Chapter Two: The Comforting Spell on Energon
Chapter Three: After Faint
Chapter Four: Pleading is not an Option. Yet.
Chapter Five: Red Color Paint
Chapter Seven : Almost Carefree
Chapter Eight: A Nightmare

Chapter Six: A Strange Meeting

1.7K 41 8
By TalanaChan

Chapter 6

During the drive, an unpleasant silencespread across the air.  At least that's how it felt. You've neverbeen very good at approaching people, so you also didn't have anygood conversation topics today. Actually, this had always beensomehow easier with the Prime, when he only existed as a voice in yourcrazy mind. That had been different than standing face to facewith someone. Maybe you could talk about the weather? Heh, no, youhad not sunk so low yet. Besides, you did not like small talk. Whatwas going on with you? You were still friends, right? Silently, youwatched the steering wheel in front of you for a few minutes, movingas if by magic. In the case of a case you still preferred to have thetax within reach.

"T-Thank you for driving me."

Finally you manage to say . He had justarrived at the base, you wonder if he might need a break. AlthoughCybertronians were persistent, you are still a little worried.

There followed a brief moment ofsilence. You were afraid to get no answer when he broke it then.

"Do not worry ___."

"You know that's not possible."

He has known you long enough to knowthat your thought-train was unstoppable.

Surprisingly, you heard a small, deeplaugh. Or did you just imagine it? It caused a small smile on yourlips and you could feel the tension slowly fading from your body. Itwas strange. As if you share his emotion. You regret not having seenit, but were relieved that the conversation began to feel like theones back then.

"How are you?"

His tone became a little more serious,but remained gentle.

"Funny. I wanted to ask you thesame question. "

At least you had thought about asking.It was not easy, because you knew that his answer was never quitetrue. He was the leader, he had to be strong for the team. In hisopinion. But you were not stupid. You escaped a soft sigh. He hadasked first and now that there was again a strange silence it was probably your turn to answer.

"Fine."

The answer shot you so short and tightfrom the mouth without thinking about it. It did not sound veryconvincing.

How were you doing? You have had nopain for a while. You did not feel bad, but ...

You spent a lot of time in your room.To be alone was nothing unusual for you, only the sudden silence inyour thoughts often pressed on the back of your head. It was just so... empty. Besides, you felt like you were useless. You knew that wasnot true. But all you have done so far was almost killing yourselfand worrying everyone. In the end you were just a millstone aroundthe neck of the team.

Deep in thought, you did not notice thesilence around you. You raised your head slightly and looked at theradio. Because his voice probably spoke of it in your opinion. Youfelt caught. Why did you feel caught? Probably because he would neverbelieve you that. Damn it.

"The last days you have been verybusy."

He certainly did not ask again. Thatdid not mean that he believed you and you weren't off the hook. Didhe want to know what you did all day? Or was he just makingconversation? Immediately you dismiss this thought. There was no suchthing as "simple" conversation with him.

"Yes, ..."

Suddenly a thought shot into your head.Had Ratchet inaugurated him?

"There is not much to do either.You guys are on the road all day. ", You played down your briefconcern," I'm so bored I even can't think of anything betterthan taking care of your paint job. "You gave a slight shrug.

That was the truth. There was nothinggoing on in the base all day. Ratchet was not the most entertainingconversation partner and nothing happened on the tours with Bee, Bulkor Cliff. It was not like you wanted to conjure up the evil. You justwanted to be productive. Somehow ... be of use.

From afar you already saw thecity coming closer between the desolate desert landscape.

"It may be quiet now, but that canchange quickly. We have to be prepared. "

You suppressed an eye roll. Sometimesyou had the feeling that he liked the peace even less than you do. Atleast it would not be surprising. As far as you knew, there has beenwar on Cybertron for years. The sudden calm must be ... disturbing.

"Still, it's quiet. To beprepared, it might not be bad to relax a bit. "

Thad had been on your the tongue for along time. Sure. You didn't like to hang around, but the Primeseemed 24/7 ready to fight of some Decepticons. Did he ever sleep?Did Cybertronians even sleep?

"To get back to my question. Howare you Optimus? ", You asked before he could give one of hisusual counterattacks and you crossed your arms over your chest. Yourgaze fixed on the radio, burning.

"The earth gave us refuge and welive peacefully among the humans. We did not expect anything betterthan that. "

That was not what you hoped for. But itwas the answer you did expect.

"I meant ... - forget it .... I'mglad that you are here too "

A barely noticeable smile crossed yourface and you tried to sink into the seat. There was a short silenceagain. Why did this happen since he arrived on earth. Houses andshops were rushing past you. It was not far anymore.

"Ah, the shop is the one on theleft at the next traffic light," you alarmed him. Relieved thatyou could break the silence.

You were not sure if he knew where youwanted to go. He certainly knew it. It seemed like every one of themhad access to information through the internet.

As the shop approached, you unfastendyour seat belt.

"I'll get out quickly and get thestuff."

"Sure."

Although there was a parking slotnearby, you doubted it was suitable for trucks. Quickly you jumpedout of the car when he came to an halt and entered the shop. Younoticed that it was right next to a supermarket. Maybe you'll manageto fill up your fridge a bit.

You strolled through the shop andgrabbed red, yellow, black, blue and green paint. For a moment, youeyed the orange one as well. Ratchet would never let you touch him.For a short time you quarreled. But he did not seem to have dislikedthat idea of yours. You decided to take a small tin for the idiot.Luckily you still had a paint gun from good old times. So that youdidn't need to buy one. Only a little polish and paint-sealer.

At the checkout you pulled out yourcredit card. Today you could call you lucky that your parents wereso focused on their work when you were younger. You always had enoughmoney, you never could complain about that. Otherwise you probably would need to work your ass of now.

You were torn away from your thoughtswhen you felt someone or something tapping you on the back.Surprised, you turned your head and met a grinning young man. Maybein his late twenties?

"Pretty much stuff you buy there."

He pointed a finger at the counter withthe things you had previously selected.

"Do you let your boyfriend polishyour car?"

Surprised, you first forgott to answer.Normally, people don't talk to you thanks to your grumpy face. Well,at least you were always told that it looks like that.

"I ... I do it myself."

Quickly you want to take off and tookyour credit card. Pfh, your boyfriend? Just because you are a woman, you need a guy to do that for you, or what?

Quickly you packed the things up in abig bag.

"Good, I hoped that."

Hoped? Certainly. You try to hurry. Forparking wrong you get a claw in this city. Besides, you don't wantto know if there folows a bad pick up line.

"I'm still looking for employeesin my garage. You are welcome to come by. "

He handed you a business card.

"No Intere, - Wait ...."

What did the guy just say? Surprised,you looked up from the business card to his face. He smiled, but itwasn't ironic or teasing. It seemed honest. Suspicious youhesitated.

It looks like he means it. But ... hedidn't know anything about you an you didn't know if it was smartnow that you were living in the base of the bots.

On the other hand ... the money wouldeventually be tight and Fowler will not pay you for breathing. Maybeyou should consider the job. You take the card and put it in yourpocket.

"Thank you. I will think aboutit."

"Great!"

What a strange guy. Somewhat irritatedyou tried to return the smile and wanted to grab your bag to hurryoff quickly. But he was faster.

"Let me help you. As I said : Itsa lot of stuff. "

"I do not need any,-"

The guy did not bother to let youfinish you sentence, because he was already on the way out with yourbag. Quickly you followed him.

The heat outside hits you as always.

He was waiting for you for a moment.Still that smile on his face.

"Where is your car?"

"Thank you. But eh.. no thanks. "

You tried to take the bag from him, buthe kept it out of reach. He wanted to carry the stuff to the car foryou. What was wrong with this guy? Out of the corner of your eye, youlooked at Optimus, who was standing at the same spot next to theshopkeeper. The stranger followed your gaze.

"No way! The truck? Wow ~ "

He stepped over to Optimus and gave animpressed whistle.

"Is it not a little too big foryou?"

A meaningful look hit you and hiseyebrows wiggled smugly.

You could feel heat rising in yourface. Actually, you didn't mind such comments. They bounced off you.But the truck had volume sensors.

"Not at all."

Quickly you took the bag from him. Damnit. It was really heavy. Quickly you heaved it into the passengerseat.

"By the way, my name is Brendan."

You could not care less, as said Brendanwas just inspecting your friend's engine.

"Wow! How the hell, - "

You slammed the hood right in front of his face. Thats enough.

"How about if you first ask forpermission before you touch the things of others?", annoyed youtapped  with your finger ointo his chest. Apparently he noticed thistime that you meant it seriously. He took a step back.

"O-oh sorry. When I see cars, myinstincts sometimes overreact. "

His smile was gone. You snorted softlyand went to the driver's seat and just wanted to get in.

"We really need talented people.Please think about it. "

He looked really serious now. Was thatwhy he was so nice to you? Well, he really just wanted to recruit youas it looked. Even if he really didn't do it skillfully. After amoment of hesitation, you nodded reassured. Relieved, he smiled atyou as you closed the door behind you and fastened your seatbelt.

Distracted, you reached for the steeringwheel and a non-existent key, as the engine already started as if byitself. Quick, your hand jerked away from the wheel.

"Sorry."

You could imagine that it was certainlynot pleasant when someone tried to take control over your body. Atleast that's what you thought it felt like. You hoped he did notblame you for that. You knew he was fooling Fowler for a short timewhen he tried.

While you were puting some distancebetween the weird guy, Brendan? , an you, you relaxed again. But astrange feeling remained. Dull in your interior were you ... upset?

Optimus anyway, was silent for a shorttime as expected.

"It looked like this person wasbothering you."

Oh.

So that was what he was thinking about?

"Well, he was annoying. But Ithink he just wanted to help. "

You explained. Because actually he hadnot been so bad. Only a bit brash and strange. It was mostly up toyou because you were not good with other people. In addition, it wasin your opinion more like he had bothered Optimus.

Suddenly rembering , what you said tothe man when he had simply inspected the engine. Again, you noticedthe heat that flowed into your face.

"Of course I did not mean that youare a" thing "or something. Actually, I talked about yourstuff and not ... "

Okay that did not make any sense. Hisengine was not a ... thing? Basically yes. It was replaceable. Kidneys were replaceable. And there was nothing wrongwith calling a kidney a "thing" ... or was it?

You did not find the right words. Younormaly don't get that easily embaressed . It never happened to youwith Cliff or Bee.

"Do not worry," his deepvoice sounded. He sounded ... amused? "I know what you meant bythat."

What? What was that supposed to mean?!

______________________________________________

What a strange chapter. I don't know how it came out like this xD 

I'm so sorry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.6K 1.9K 25
Update: this is super old and I wrote it when I was still in school. I will be rewriting it all when I can but I can't right now so keep posted! Orig...
5.5K 169 33
Ha HA I am rewriting this! AGAIN! Right now I'm making this into a enemies to friends to lovers, slow burn piece of gold so please bear with me! I sw...
397K 10.5K 48
Amanda Beckett liked being left alone. If she was alone, then there would be no one to leave her. Jack Darby just wanted out. Out of the small town...
96K 3.3K 27
Transformers|| Revenge Of The Fallen. || Story 2 || Two years has passed since the battle between Autobots and Decepticons. After the saving the univ...