Oh! My Darling Teacher

By lailamehtaab

Meet Shah Brothers... Muhammad Zulqarnain Shah, 27 years old, handsome, humble and one of the best actors... More

Prologue
Chapter#1
Chapter#2
Chapter#3
Chapter#4
Chapter#5
Chapter#6
Chapter#7
Chapter#8
Chapter#9
Chapter#10
Chapter#11
Chapter# 12
Chapter# 13
Chapter# 14
Chapter# 15
Chapter# 16
Chapter#17
Dear Readers
Chapter# 18
Chapter# 19
Chapter # 20
Chapter# 21
Sorry Readers
Chapter # 22
Chapter#23
Chapter # 24
Chapter # 25
Chapter # 26
Chapter # 28
Chapter# 29
Chapter # 30
Chapter#31
Chapter# 32
Chapter# 33
Chapter# 34
Chapter# 35
Chapter# 36
Chapter# 37
Chapter# 38
Chapter#39
Chapter#40
Chapter#41
Chapter#42
Chapter#43
Chapter#44
Chapter#45
Chapter#46
Chapter#47
Chapter#48
Chapter#49
Chapter#50
Chapter#51
Chapter# 52
Chapter #53
I am sorry

Chapter# 27

2.9K 247 20
By lailamehtaab

Song: Na Kaho by Aaroh

Hira's POV:

I closed my laptop and put my face on the pillow. My head feels heavy from staring at the screen for a whole hour. Today I watch K-drama for the first time after Baba's death. It used to be one of my favourite hobbies but today it didn't appeal to me at all. I got bored after watching one episode and ended up burying my face into the pillow, which I usually do these days. Practically, there is nothing left in my life, I am just a robot who starts working every morning and switched off at night.

Going out, laughing, smiling, chatting, eating with someone, loving, or being loved by someone. Taking care of someone or being cared for. Such feelings have become foreign to me. The time I spent with Baba and Ami seems like a dream now, a sweet dream which disappeared as I opened my eyes. Recalling those pleasant days of the past, I get a sudden urge of crying, but I have enough of weeping, and decided not to pity myself anymore. I just want to be thankful, for whatever time I got to spent with my parents. I cannot change what had happened and my tears won't bring them back. I have to live on with this bitter fact and need to force myself to move forward, trying to find my place in this world. With the hope that when we meet again in the afterlife I will not see a regrettable look on the faces of the people I love.

I got up from the bed and start cleaning the whole portion of mine, to divert my mind. I was completely exhausted by the time I got free and without wasting a minute I went for a shower. The next thing I planned was to go downstairs, make some tea, and help Auntie with dinner since the cook took an off today because of sickness.

I feel quite fresh and all charged after taking a warm bath but as I stepped outside of my room, I heard Ahmar's panicked shouts. I wasn't able to fathom what he was saying but I dashed over to his voice and on reaching Auntie's bedroom I found him holding her by shoulders while she was about to collapse. I quickly helped him to lay her on the bed.

"Ahmar, quickly grab her glucometer." Ahmar dashed out of the room and I began to remove her dupatta. She was pale and all sweaty like she will pass out at any moment.

"Here." Ahmar was back within a few seconds.

"Good, now go to the kitchen to bring a glass of juice but make sure it is not a diet one." He nodded and left. I quickly check her glucose level and as expected it was abnormally low. I almost throw the glucometer on the bed and rushed outside to Ahamar, who was already heading this way.

"Give me that and bring some more." I ordered talking the glass of juice from his hands.

Somehow, we managed to make her drink the two glasses of juice and start waiting for a few minutes to check her glucose level again. Meanwhile, Ahamar called a doctor and inform his father about Auntie's condition. The colour of Auntie's face starting to get better, but Ahmar wasn't able to notice it until I pointed it out to him.

"I am alright now." Said Auntie in a weak voice looking at Ahmar's worried face, but he refused to believe her.

"Listen, if you can't trust us then why not check yourself?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Take the glucometer and check it yourself." He grabbed the meter but seem reluctant to try it.

"What's wrong?"

"You do it." He stretched out his hand to me. I looked at him but he avoided making eye contact.

Is he afraid of using medical equipment???

Wondering, I took the apparatus from him.

~*~

"Did you study medicine?" I asked Ahmar sitting on a stool near the kitchen counter, as I make tea for everyone. Uncle got home half an hour ago when the doctor was doing Auntie check-up and right now he is with her. On the other hand, I came to the kitchen to prepare some tea and for some reason, Ahmar decided to stick with me.

"No." I answered simply.

"Someone in your family is a doctor?"

Ahmar, I don't have a family anymore...

Thinking, I shook my head in negative.

"Your father was a diabetic patient?"

"No, Ahmar."

"So... it means... that... you... have diabetes?"

"Allah na kare (God forbid)." I almost snapped at him.

"Sorry." He looked taken aback.

"Think before you speak." Glaring at him, I turned back to take out the cups from the cabinet.

"... How do you know what was happening to Ami back then?" He asked after a while.

So that's what he wanted to ask!

"I have spent way too much time in hospitals. I used to reading instructions displaying on the walls of hospitals and sometimes, even ask the doctors when I had something in my mind."

"Why were you in the hospital? Were you sick?"

"No, my father was."

Both of us spent a few moments in complete silence. I was preparing sandwiches and he just sat there on the stool staring at me with an expressionless face. I don't know what he was thinking but his continued stare was making me a little uncomfortable.

"I have made some sandwiches for Auntie and Uncle, would you like some?" He shook his head in negative.

Taking the tea and sandwiches I was about to leave the kitchen when Ahmar asked, "Where is my tea?"

"I have it here." I said raising the tray in my hands.

"It has only three cups, where is yours?"

"Oh, it's on the shelf."

He suddenly stood up, grab a sandwich, a cup of tea from the tray in my hand, and walked away.

"Ahmar, won't you-"

"No." He didn't let me finish my sentence.

Strange boy...

~*~

Ahmar's POV:

I stared at her as she made lame excuses to go back in the kitchen and Dad kept asking her to sit with them. On the other hand, I stood at the door fighting the urge to get my hand on another sandwich.

She is one strange woman, no matter how you look at her. She is no older than that big brother of mine, yet compare to him she is hundred times mature. Take an example of today, I am sure even the big brother of mine would have panicked in that situation, but her mind was in the right place. Her movements were mechanical as she is used to dealing with this kind of circumstance. For a moment I really thought that she was a doctor, that's why I ended up asking her. However, her answers took me off guard and I am still unable to shook off the tone of her voice when she nonchalantly told me about staying in the hospital. I was shocked and somewhat irked.

Reason???

I don't know...

Taking a deep breath I leave my place and went back to my bedroom. I am not planning to go out anymore, so I excused to guys. Spending ten to twenty minutes on my phone doing aimless things, I gave up and once more leave my room. At first, I went to Ami and Dad who was in the garden enjoying some fresh air but soon was send into the kitchen to convey Dad's message. As I enter the kitchen I found her cutting onions with teary eyes. She looked quite funny, wiping her tears with the back of her hands. I carefully hold out my phone and took her picture.

It will become handy...

"Dad said not to make dinner." Her head shot up towards me in surprise.

"At least make some noise before coming in. You startled me."

Why do I feel like being scolded???

"It was your own fault for spacing out." I also didn't hold back.

"I wasn't spacing out, I was working." She retorted, wiping her tears once again and I barely manage to hold my laugh. I couldn't make up my mind that her appearance was more hilarious of the way try she tried to defend herself.

"Dad said that we are going out for dinner. Therefore, there is no need for cooking."

"Oh, ... I see. It is good... It will be a nice change for Auntie." She smiled, putting aside the onions.

She silently started to put back the ingredients which, she probably took out for cooking and I was again gazing at her, not knowing how to proceed with our conversation.

Did she get my point there or not???

"So,... Dad said that you should get ready too." Instantly her hands froze in mid-air.

"What?" She turned to me with an uncertain look.

"Dad told you to get ready." I repeated.

"Why?"

Is she an idiot???

"I am here only to deliver his message. You can go and ask for the details by yourself." I said and left quickly, knowingly very well that she will not argue with Dad.

~*~

"Oh, wow. No wonder the fragrance of tea smells so sweet. Our daughter made it today." My tracks stopped instantly when I heard Dad's voice. It was early in the morning and the first thing I got to hear was praise for her.

"Assalam o Alaikum Uncle." The second voice belonged to none other than HER, Miss Hira.

"Wallaikum Assalam." Came Dad's voice and he called out for Ami, "Come quickly, today's breakfast is made by Hira. You will get better in no time."

Huh???

Dad's enthusiasm was unfathomable to me, not now and not even yesterday night. I thought he planned it for Ami but the way he was trying to engage her in everything was quite annoying. There were times when he resembles the big brother of mine who always tries to involve her in the conversation. Speaking of him, he was also one of the reasons why I am in this mood now. He called Ami on our way back home and keep eating Ami's brain. At first, it was the Dad, doing Hira, Hira beta (child), Hira beta, and in-car, it was Ami doing, Zee, Zee, or Zulrqarnain.

There was no place for me...

"Hira, tell me when you get ready. I will drop you off." For a moment, I forgot to chew the bread in my mouth.

I don't remember him offering me to drop off...

"Thank you, Uncle, but your office is on the opposite route. I will go by myself." He declined.

"I am not going to work today." He announced, "Therefore, it wouldn't be a problem."

What the hell is going on here???

"We go to the college together Dad." I said to stop this pointless conversation.

"Really?... That's very nice." I was praised after earning a surprised look from him.

"Auntie, I have made porridge for you. Eat it after three hours and check your glucose level before it." She told Ami.

"Hira, were you a medical student?" Dad asked the same question as mine.

"I am a student of life, Uncle."

"I see," He continued after a pause, "Life is the most strict teacher, it conveys lessons in a very harsh manner. Right?" She nodded with a small smile.

"Keep learning and you will be rewarded."

"I think a student shouldn't be motivated by greed."

"There is a huge difference between reward and greed." She went silent and look lost in thoughts, while Dad looked at her expectantly.

"... You are right, Uncle. I guess I got a little lost in the darkness."

"Yes, people get lost in darkness, but only the few who become accustomed to it quickly could find their way out, towards the light." Dad smiled.

My mind had stopped working long ago, I was only listening to them but wasn't able to process a single word and now, when I think about it, I can't remember whether they were talking in our language or not.

She turned my father into a strange person too...

~*~

"So, you will take me to college daily?" She asked probably to break the silence in the car or perhaps just to annoy me.

"Is that a problem?"

".... No." I gaze at her from the corner of my eyes on this reluctant answer and waited for another question that never came.

She sat in complete silence, looking outside through the window, and for some reason, I didn't like this quietness. Therefore, I turned on the radio, but she remained in the same position detached from her surroundings.

She sure is a strange woman...

I said to myself and turn my attention to the road.

"It is a very beautiful song." Suddenly she said when Aarho's song 'Na Kaho' started to play on the radio.

"Yes, it is." I answered unintentionally.

"I wonder how beautiful it will be in your voice." My head snapped towards her and found her looking back at me with a warm smile.

Instantly I turned my gaze back to the windscreen. There was an unexplained glint in her eyes and the tone of her voice was perplexing too. Was it a request to sing this song or it was a compliment? I failed to understand.

And what's with that smile???

All day long her words and that smile haunted me like a nightmare, I couldn't forget the expected look those gaze held. I don't know the reason behind these stuck up thoughts of mine but whatever it was, it sure left a lasting impression on my mind and at the end of the day, I was practising that song.

___________________________

Salam and hello everyone!

Early update for all you, as a token of my thanks for wait and support. I hope you have enjoyed it.

So, what do you think? Who is strange? Hira or Ahmar?

Tell me what do you think about the story.

Follow me on Instagram 'laila_mehtaab' and on Facebook 'Laila-mehtaab' for news about the update.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Take Care :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.7K 1.4K 24
Azra Ahmed Khan, an 18 year old Pakistani, religious and foodie, lives her life quietly with her childhood best friend, Amina despite the absence of...
109K 3.1K 13
A collection of possesive and desi short stories !! avidity means great enthusiasm or passion with romantic feelings .. •𝐙𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐌~𝐊𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐇 #...
289K 28.1K 67
#1 in spiritual in 16/6/2019 Previously known as " My very own hijabi" Two young people finding shelter within each other from the world and its evi...
186K 23.5K 47
Every individual requires a companion "HUMSAFAR" life partner to live happily ever after but not every relationship or marriages are successful. Few...