The Daxam Four (Legends of Su...

By WritersBlock039

Krypton and Daxam. Sister planets. Bitter rivals. Speculation says their feud started because of a war ending... More

Introduction + Cast
Pairings ~ Part I
Pairings ~ Part II
Pairings ~ FINAL PART
Shall We Begin?
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Author's Note
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Lian Yu Poll
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Author's Note - Please Read
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Five

7.6K 214 210
By WritersBlock039

Fun fact of the day: I have developed a small obsession with the Black Panther soundtrack. That is all.

Kara tells Oliver, Barry, and Sara what they're up against this time!

***

Winn quietly shut the medbay door behind him, turning to look at his best friend. She was out of her Supergirl suit and in S.T.A.R. Labs sweatshirt and sweatpants. For having been knocked out for a few hours, she still looked exhausted, but she smiled widely when she saw Winn. "Hey."

"After everything that happened, all you have to say is 'hey?'" Winn asked incredulously, hurrying to her side and hugging her.

She hissed, hugging him back. "Easy, Winn, easy."

"OK," Winn quickly backed off.

"Still a bit sore," Kara winced, shifting slightly on the bed. "Caitlin's probably gonna yell at me if I get hurt anymore. She worries a ton."

"She's not the only one," Winn folded his arms. "The cortex is getting crowded."

"I thought I heard people enter earlier," Kara knitted her eyebrows, tilting her head and frowning. "I hear . . . " Her eyes widened. "Oliver and Sara? And their teams?"

"Yeah," Winn nodded. "Barry called Sara and Cisco went to get Oliver. Cisco came back right away, and Sara and her team showed up not very long after."

"Legends," Kara explained. "They're called the Legends."

"That's a bit egotistical," Alex frowned.

"Well, they're time travelers saving history," Kara shrugged. "It kind of fits."

"Also, this prophecy thing?" Winn added. "Very specific, but at least specific got us the woman twice dead."

"You're kidding," Alex's eyes widened.

"I'm serious," Winn nodded. "That Sara lady? She died twice, brought back twice. It's her, it's gotta be."

"You're sure?" Alex insisted as Kara's eyes widened as well.

"Literally confirmed it right in front of me."

A smacking sound made them look back at Kara, and they saw she had put her face in both hands. She made a muffled statement, and Alex frowned. "What was that?"

"I'm an idiot," Kara looked up. "I'm even more of an idiot than I thought I was."

"What for?" Winn frowned.

"Literally, right in front of me, the whole time," Kara shook her head. "I should have known it was the three of them. The moment I knew Barry was the son of speed, I had to have known Oliver and Sara were part of this."

"The last survivor of hell?" Alex frowned.

"I believe it," Winn grumbled.

"I don't know much about what Oliver's gone through, but Barry told me Oliver's often called the island he was stranded on hell," Kara nodded. "That's why I thought it sounded familiar."

Both Alex and Winn were silent. "Wow, that really was easy," Winn remarked.

"Yeah, but they need to decide to help first," Alex pointed out.

"Oh, that's even easier," Winn shook his head instantly. "Pretty much all of the Legends already said they're gonna help, and I'm pretty sure that what Oliver says goes, so his team will, too."

"Yeah, but he, Barry, and Sara need to know what they're getting into first," Kara said quietly. "They're the ones specifically mentioned, and I don't think they'll be happy about it."

"Not be happy about what? Getting first chance at Mon-El, or that they're involved in a prophecy?"

"Winn!" Alex hissed.

"What?! I'm just asking! She knows them better than I do!"

"I've only worked with them once before," Kara shook her head. "That doesn't mean I know them very well."

"Well, I just met them, and they seem like they're raring to go," Winn shrugged.

Kara smiled weakly. "I'll keep that in mind."

Alex patted her on the shoulder. "From the way this prophecy sounds, you're all coming out of this alive, so what do any of you need to worry about?"

Kara slumped slightly but nodded. She silently held out her hand to Winn, and he pulled the circular disc out of his pocket, dropping it into her hand. "Ask them to come in?"

"Of course," Winn nodded, heading for the door.

"They'll say yes," Alex assured her, kissing the top of her head.

"I hope so," Kara whispered.

Alex squeezed her hand, then followed Winn to the door. She stepped out fully this time, folding her arms and taking in the mass of people in the cortex. Winn was right – the cortex was crowded. "She needs to talk to the three of you," Winn told Barry, and an extremely handsome blond man and blonde woman with her hair in French braids.

Barry nodded and headed over right away. The other two, Oliver and Sara, exchanged looks before following. "So," a woman with short, dark hair tilted her head, looking at Alex. "You're the sister Kara talked a bit about."

"Yeah," Alex nodded. "I'm Alex, this is Winn . . . and I know none of you."

"Yeah, same," Winn winced.

"I'm Cisco," Cisco raised his hand.

"Oh, so you made Kara's extrapolator!" Winn perked up at once. "Dude, it's completely awesome!"

"Great," Mick grumbled. "More tech geeks."

"OK, when we are no longer fearing for Kara's life, we'll talk," Cisco grinned. "Anyway, Caitlin's the doctor of the team, over there are the Wests – Wally's a speedster, Iris is Barry's fiancée – and HR is an advisor and moral support. He also likes to talk, just saying. Over there is Team Arrow – don't say that in front of Oliver, I don't know if he likes it or not – "

"Say it anyway, it's fun seeing him annoyed," the dark-haired woman grinned cheekily.

"For you, maybe," Ray muttered.

"So, as you can guess, that's his little sister, Thea," Cisco continued, and she waved. "And that's Dig and Felicity, they've been with Oliver pretty much since he started out. And then there's the Legends . . . who can probably introduce themselves better than I can."

"I'm Ray," the scientist smiled and held up his hand. "Mick, Jax, Professor Stein, and I have been with the Waverider since the beginning. Nate and Amaya just joined about half a year ago."

"Yeah, that's a lot of you guys," Alex nodded.

"Wait until you hear all the codenames," Felicity smiled sheepishly.

"Dear God."

"Just an FYI, this was not how I expected to meet any of you guys," Winn held up his hands, looking around the room.

"Definitely not how any of us wanted to meet you, I think," Felicity looked around.
"Yeah, well, what better than a crisis?" Alex sighed.

***

Kara turned the disc over and over in her hand, the other rubbing the back of her neck, when the door to the medbay opened again. She quickly looked up, and she felt a grin form on her face when Barry walked in. "Feeling better?" he asked.

"Still sore," Kara admitted as he walked over.

"Too sore for a hug?"

"Never," she laughed, holding out her arms.

Barry grinned and wrapped his arms around her. "You scared me."

"Sorry," Kara whispered, wincing slightly. "One day I'm going to come to Central City when I'm not knocked out or about to pass out."

"That would be nice," Barry chuckled, pulling away.

The medbay door shut, and Kara turned to see the other two that had answered. "Thank you both for coming," she smiled weakly.

"Didn't take long to decide to," Sara walked over next, holding out her arms. "Bring it in, girl."

Kara laughed, hugging Sara. "Oh, it's good to see you."

"Good to see you not as Barry said you were," Sara looked her up and down. "He said you were bleeding?"

"Yeah," Kara absently rubbed her side. "Still hurts a bit, but it's getting there. These help," she tapped the side of one of the sun lamps.

"You worried all of us," Oliver told her, looking her up and down. "When you get told the most invincible woman in two universes showed up bleeding – "

"Shocking," Kara rolled her eyes. "An invincible alien has a weakness."

" – it was," Oliver gave her a look. "So knowing you're feeling better is a relief."

Kara smiled slightly. "Good to know I'm worried about."

"Of course you are," Oliver walked over, finally giving her a hug, careful of her side. "You've been a part of the overall team since the Dominators invaded."

"No one on the Waverider voted against coming here," Sara added. "Even our AI said we should come." She paused. "Well, Rip was against it, but he never met you, so for that, he's stuck on guard duty."

"Guard duty?" Barry frowned, tilting his head.

"Yeah, it has to do with what we've been sailing around the timeline for."

"Guys," Oliver raised an eyebrow. "Focus."

"Right," Barry shook his head to clear it, pulling up a chair close to Kara's bed. "Kara . . . what exactly happened?"

Kara chewed her lip, tossing the disc between her hands. "I'm still trying to comprehend it even happened to begin with, and I'm the one it happened to."

"Take your time, Kara," Oliver told her, pulling up another chair. "I didn't expect to come in here and hear you get through this without any issues."

Sara didn't pull up a chair. Instead, she patted Kara's bed, raising an eyebrow. Kara smiled slightly and shifted over, allowing the other blonde to sit next to her. Sara claimed her seat with a matching smile, pulling her legs up and sitting cross-legged. "Like Ollie said. Take your time."

Kara nodded, taking a deep breath. "We met Mon-El . . . nearly a year ago, I guess. It wasn't long after Barry ran to my Earth, actually. He crashed in a pod just like mine when I came to Earth, so I thought he was Kryptonian. When he woke up, I found out he was actually a Daxamite. They're from the sister planet of Krypton, Daxam. Under a yellow sun, they have similar powers, like super strength, super leaping, but they don't have all of them, like heat vision or freezing breath. My entire life on Krypton, I was taught to hate Daxamites, treat them like an enemy."

"Why?" Oliver asked.

Kara sighed. "Years ago, there was a war between Krypton and Daxam, each blaming the other for the start. Thousands of lives were lost, and it ended in a stalemate. And before you ask what the cause was, I didn't know until a few hours ago. I had to find it locked under practically every safeguard in my cousin's Fortress. It's kind of a stupid reason – I think it is because of how they interpreted it – but it was enough to make Mon-El try to kill me."

"Are we gonna like this reason?" Sara raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't," Kara mumbled, sighing and rubbing a hand over her face. "Anyway, after Mon-El woke up, he told me how the explosion of Krypton affected Daxam, too. He was still a bit tense around me, but it got better over time." She sighed. "And then after December, he started . . . I guess the only way I can describe it now is he pursued me."

Barry frowned. "That was when the Dominators invaded."

"Yeah," Kara nodded. "And after I specifically mentioned you, Barry."

"Me?" his eyebrows shot up. "He didn't like me? Or did he think we were together, or what?"

"A bit of the first, but mostly 'or what,'" Kara said dryly. "I was stupid enough to think he actually liked me – "

"Kara, you are anything but stupid," Oliver gave her a look. "If this guy was around you for nearly a year and led you on, that is not your fault, especially if he's a good actor."

"He's the prince of his people," Barry told him.

"Then yeah, he no doubt knows how to act," Oliver nodded, looking back at Kara. "My family relied on acts for a long time because of our social status. Acting has to be second nature to him. You can't blame yourself for what he did."

Kara bit her lip, then nodded, letting out a shaky breath. "Anyway, not too long ago, we found out his parents had survived, along with other Daxamites. That was how I found out he was the prince of Daxam. I broke up with him, but then the Music Meister whammied me, and . . . well, that was an experience."

"No kidding," Barry snorted.

"Music Meister?" Sara frowned.

"He put both of us in a musical world to teach us a lesson about love and letting others save us," Barry shrugged. "Kara's got an amazing voice, and so do Winn, Cisco, Joe, Professor Stein, Malcolm Merlyn – "

"Malcolm Merlyn, singing?" Oliver stared at him blankly.

"Dude, I was as confused as you."

"So how did you get pulled out of it?" Sara asked Kara.

"Probably how much I loved him," Kara held out her hands helplessly. "It's the only thing I could think of."

"I know the two of you got back together after the musical world," Barry leaned forward in concern. "It's only been a day or two since then, it's obviously been a bit longer for you."

"Nearly a week," Kara nodded.

"What happened in a week?"

"I got a bounty placed on me."

She got three blinks. "Who was that stupid?" Sara frowned.

"Mon-El's parents," Kara answered with a sigh. "Mon-El told me later that he went to 'confront' them about it. That must have been when they planned everything."

"What did they do?" Barry narrowed his eyes.

Kara swallowed. "One of the bounty hunters going after me was a telepath, and he took over Mon-El to try and kill me. When J'onn beat him in a telepathic battle, he revealed it was Lar Gand and Rhea who put the bounty on me. Mon-El and I met Rhea at my cousin's Fortress to 'reason' with her, but Rhea used Kryptonite on me. Mon-El 'agreed' to 'surrender' himself as long as I wasn't hurt. Of course, me being the concerned girlfriend I was, convinced J'onn to disobey the President and launch a rescue mission to get him back. And while I was fighting his mother, he used one of the guard's pikes to knock Winn off his feet and shoot me, giving Rhea the opportunity to kill me. And she would have, if J'onn hadn't knocked into her. That's how I got the gash in my side."

"Son of a bitch," Sara scowled.

"It was what he told me that hurt worst, though," Kara swallowed, closing her eyes. "'How could I love the Kryptonian who's going to kill us all?'"

There was silence from all three. "I think I'm gonna kill him," Sara announced a second later.

"Yeah, that's after I do my best to pummel him to a pulp," Barry scowled.

Oliver just narrowed his darkened eyes. "But that's not the end of it."

"No," Kara said hoarsely. "After I mostly healed, I took Alex and Winn with me to the Fortress of Solitude to see if we could find out what started the war. And we did." She looked down at the device in her hand and swallowed. "And, uh . . . "

"Kara?" Sara prompted.

Kara closed her eyes. "Let's just say I'm really glad you three are here."

She pressed the center of the device, and the Kryptonese words sprang into the air. Another press of the button and they morphed back into English. "The reign of Daxam shall end at the hands of the last daughter of Krypton and the last survivor of hell with the aid of the son of speed and the woman twice dead," Barry read, tilting his head. "Huh." A second later, he snorted. "Well, that's oddly specific."

"No kidding," Sara whistled, folding her arms.

Oliver just sighed. "I hate prophecies." When he saw Kara blink at him, he held up his hands. "The last time I was involved in a prophecy, it started with me getting stabbed and falling off a mountain to my supposed death and ended with my life in Starling City nearly ruined because someone didn't take no for an answer."

"Oh," Kara winced. "Oliver, I'm sorry – "

"For what?" he raised an eyebrow. "A prophecy you didn't make? Kara, if you think me saying I don't like this means I'm not gonna help you, you don't know me very well. On the contrary – I may race Sara to get to your ex first."

"Hey, I was in the minute Winn said Mon-El was responsible," Barry grinned at her.

Kara couldn't help but grin. "And if you ever need a hand – "

"I'll be there in a flash," Barry winked, making her laugh. "Super friends, together again."

"Super friends," Kara giggled, fist bumping Barry when he offered his.

"Well, I'm thinking on the positive end," Sara folded her arms. "It means we get first dibs on these guys, and I get to rub in Rip's face that I'm not a nobody."

That got her three surprised looks. "A nobody?" Kara repeated.

"Yeah, the Legends were formed from people who apparently weren't important to the timeline," Sara rolled her eyes.

"I'm liking this Rip guy less and less," Oliver scowled.

"Well, I'm the captain now, and he's under me, so whatever he says, we're helping, because we all outvoted him, and he can't pull rank on us," Sara said cheerily, looking at Kara. "We've got your back."

Kara let out her breath in a rush, aware she sagged forward slightly. She regretted the movement, wincing and reaching for her side again. "Thanks, guys," she smiled, turning the projection off. "I thought this might turn you off."

"If it was more ominous, I'd hate it even more," Oliver snorted, shaking his head and standing up. "But no, Kara. The moment you helped us with the Dominators, you were a part of our team, and a team helps each other out when they need it. Do I like that there's another prophecy involving me? No, but it's not going to stop me from helping you." He smirked, holding out his hand. "You're stuck with us."

Kara smiled, clasping his hand, accepting his help up, and shaking on it. "And you have no idea how relieved I am to hear that."

***

They were gonna help, prophecy or not. As Sara said, now these three know they've got first dibs! XD

Next chapter, everyone else gets up to speed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 66 6
What if during her fight with Reign, Kara gets thrown into another universe? What happens when Supergirl meets someone from her past? Ab this AU- -G...
24.3K 863 21
We all know that Barry Allen, Kara Danvers, Oliver Queen with their teams and a group called the Legends are awesome superheroes, both on Earth One a...
11.7K 429 48
"A boy from Daxam and a girl from Krypton." Daxamites and Kryptonians have been at war for years. The only thing they share is a red sun. One day, Al...
32K 994 40
Completed Story!!! You just have the best luck in the world, don't you? After 6 years of training, you are finally free to live a normal life as you...