(The Virtuous Husband) In the...

By Richa_resa

Torn apart like a shrewd cloth was my heart. Left alone with accusations tearing me apart. "Never do us a... More

Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Discontinuation from Wattpad

Chapter 17

661 26 0
By Richa_resa

Allison

"You look really beautiful," Adam said as I walked towards him, more like sashayed towards him in a hot red knee-length dress which clung to my body like a second skin as he stood in the lobby of my building. He looked dark and dangerous in a luxurious black suit. His dress shirt and suit were both black, but his tie matched brilliantly with those grey eyes of his. The black shirt he wore was unbuttoned at the neck and his strong jaw was covered with just a hint of stubble. He was a man who wore the combination of casual and class with ease.

"Well, you look so fine too," I teased smiling.

"Red suits you," he said taking my hand kissing sending a shock up my arm that raised the hairs on my nape. He smelled sinfully good. I didn't know whether it was the cologne, or shampoo or his body wash but it was mouth-watering as he was.

"Thank you," I said after a moment. For a minute I was lost for words.

"Shall we leave?" he asked, and I nodded. His car stood just a minute walk away from the building. Opening the door for me like a gentleman and waited for me to settle in before closing the door he got in his own seat and the engine of his Porsche roared to life.

"Where we are going to?"

"There is a club on the outskirts of the city meant for dashing and important people like me," he answered.

"Are you trying to woo me?"

"Is it working," he asked with a smile on his lips that was sexy as hell.

"Nope," he shook his head at this but that smile never left his lips.

"I thought it was working," he said looking at the road. His voice was teasing but at the same time had all my attention to him.

"Well, you have got to try harder, Mr. Adam," I flirted.

"I think I can try harder," he winked at me and I won't lie but it really had some effect on me. Pushing his feet on the accelerator the car picked up speed and I loved it. I had dressed up and prettied myself up for the date as best as I can. I would have loved the company of Christine as I decided to find the best killer dress in my wardrobe, but I stopped myself after what had happened yesterday. I wasn't mad at her it was just I was sure she would talk about Noel or what happened yesterday, and I wasn't yet ready to talk about it. I was mad at Noel but after what he had told me I had gone crazy bat shit mad at him. Drugging me? Really?

I was somewhere relived to know that we hadn't had sex but at the same time mad at him for drugging me. He had tricked me into thinking that something happened and all those words he had said that day were imprinted on my mind. I wasn't a traitor, but I was thought to be one because of his own messed up past. He had said that someone had tried to pull a stunt like him like that and he had thought that someone was doing it again. Somewhere deep down I had seen the pain in his eyes just like I had seen once in Lana's and to tell the truth it scared me for him. I never wanted what had happened to Lana to happen to anyone. I would even not wish for it for my enemy.

Maybe I was being too harsh on him but what would you expect when you tell someone that you had drugged them and made them believe that you had sex with them only to know it had never happened. The thing that made me really angry was the humiliation that I had to face afterward. It was just like gasoline to fire. How could he just expect me to forget all that and forgive him? The pain inside him eyes made me wanted to forgive him but the anger inside of me wasn't ready. I think until I could really understand what had happened to him that made him think that I was a traitor, I can't really forgive him. For a moment I was ready to ask Adam did he knew anything about it but I didn't because somehow it was his presence that has landed me in this mess, but I can't blame him.

"You have turned quiet," Adam said dragging my attention towards him. I turned my head towards him and decided to wander my thoughts off this topic as I really didn't want to make my date go downwards.

"I was just thinking about what we had talked about in the morning," I said with a seductive smile.

"What about it?" he questioned.

"About how we were talking about you banging on that office table of yours," I teased. God, I knew I was going the wrong way but there was something with Adam that brought that side of me out. I was a sucker for bad boys, expensive cars and add the fact that it was that time of the month where I was extremely horny. However, the point that I had no action in my sex life since past three months topped everything up now that I come to know that Noel and I hadn't done anything.

Adam was dashing handsome and a man who I wouldn't have to take a second look to have a roll between the sheets. I had done my research on him. He was a playboy, son of a senator and wild in bed. He was the perfect image of a spoiled playboy who gets what he wants. After having talked to him last night I had thought about it for long and realized that maybe his first impression was not the right one I had made of. Just pondering over thinking about our first meeting I find it to be extremely dangerous but at the same time sexy.

I wasn't prim and proper. I was the exact opposite of it. I wanted to live life, enjoy it to the highest and do what I wanted because I believed that we only had one life. The car came to a screeching halt in the middle of nowhere. This was basically the scene where every girl would have gotten scared, but I didn't.

"Allison, don't say things like that if you don't want me to fuck you right here in the car where everyone can watch," he said seriously. I just smiled at his words. He once again put the car in drive and looked at the door.

"Have you ever done that?" I asked smiling.

"What?" He questioned and from the smile, on his lips, I knew that he knew what I was asking.

"Fucked a girl in the car in the middle of nowhere," I asked.

"No, I haven't despite my playboy responsibility," he answered.

"Really you haven't that's a shame," I teased.

"Well, I would have made you my first if you were some other girl. However, you are a girl that I'm trying my best to please, so I would rather carry this shame than doing something to scare you away," his answer really pleased me. It showed me how serious he was about me. For the rest of the drive, I looked at the scenery outside It was only when we reached the club I was in awe. The club was really maintained with its fountains and surrounding scenery. Adam had outdone himself by coming to my side when the valet had opened my door.

He held out a hand to me, exposing his very-expensive looking watch. I placed my hand on his and my pulse leaped when his grip tightened. His touch was electric. I could feel a connection build between us. I let him lead me inside. It seemed as he was well known basically who wouldn't know a senator's son. Every other person would nod to him or try to have a talk with him as we moved to god knows where. The place was crowded with males and a very few women. It was only when we were alone in the elevator I felt like we were alone.

"That's a lot of people who know you," I pointed out as he pressed the button for the top floor.

"I haven't been here for long and my dad is in Germany getting treated for a tumor. Everyone wants to know how he is doing." There was heaviness and sincerity in his voice as he spoke this. My eyes softened knowing about his father, this was not the information I had found on the internet. As I thought about it for a second all the info I had found about Adam on the internet was six months old.

"How is he doing?"

"He is still going under treatments. Doctors are saying it will take a bit of more time until they could fully remove it and make sure it never grows again in the lungs,"

"It's going to be alright," I said holding his hand. He smiled at me and the doors to the elevator opened. The fresh warm air hit us as we stepped on the rooftop.

"This is an absolutely stunning view," I said as I looked at the setting sun and stepping away from him.

"It is, I couldn't agree more," Adam said.

I turned back to him, but his eyes weren't on the setting sun. They were on me. He smiled at me and lead me towards the rooftop restaurant. When his hand touched my lower back I felt a warmth inside of me. A waitress was at our side as we entered inside. She greeted Adam like she knew him and by knew I didn't mean like a friend or a member of the club. It felt more like they had a roll between the sheets with him. When she looked at me there was a scowl on her face.

"Are Preston's brother going to join you, Mr. Adam?" She asked, and the way Adam rolled out of his tongue was like she was calling a lover.

"No, they aren't, Beth," From the expression on her face she was surely not pleased with Adam's answer.

"Let me show to your seats," Adam's hand didn't leave my back as we walked to our table. It was only when we reached there he stepped away from me and pulled out the seat for me. As I sat I saw Beth's expression it was filled with jealousy.

"I think I would like a change of waiter, Beth. If you can't handle yourself in front of my guests, it's better you should leave this job before I make a formal complaint against you." The shocked expression on Beth's face really made me feel like laughing but I controlled myself to smile.

"I'm. I'm sorry sir," She stuttered.

"You may go now and have me send another waiter," he dismissed her saying that. It was only when she was gone I dared to speak.

"One-night stand," I asked.

"More like a drunken mistake two or three years back. She still thinks she was special but for me, she was just another girl back then. I was pretty much drowning in alcohol because of some major personal and professional problems I was facing. I had done some pretty stupid shit back then and you can say somewhere I was ashamed of that." He answered with a faraway look.

"I'm sorry that you had to see this," he apologized. "For a second I had forgotten that she was going to be here. You are actually the first girl I had brought here," he added.

"You want to know something?" he nodded at my question.

"I think you have succeeded in wooing me," I said trying to divert his attention back to the present. He smiled hearing my answer and back was the Adam who I had met in my lobby.

"That calls for a celebration doesn't it?" He asked.

"How do you plan on celebrating?"

"How about I take you to my nightclub?" There was this glimmer in his eyes that made him look sexy and made me lust after him.

"And what would we do there?" I asked in a seductive tone.

"Everything you want," his voice husky.

"Everything I want? Do you think you can keep up with me?" I asked with a raised brow and a smile on my face.

"If you want it I really could," his answer came with a wink and the sexual tension between us grew.

"Adam, my man," someone called his name snapping both of us out of our little tension bubble. As I looked up I remembered the man to be Jayce being followed by his brother Richard both dressed in casual jeans and t-shirt but at the same time screaming they were rich kids. But at the moment Jayce really wasn't a pretty face to look out or even a face that I could look at without a scowl. He had a bandage on his nose, an eye that was turning black, and minor injuries on his face.

"Jayce, what the hell happened to you?" Adam asked standing up from his seat and facing him. I decided to check my notification as I wasn't really interested in what he had to say. He had done something to Christine and that was enough for me to hate him.

"Nothing man just a little fight between me and Noel," the name Noel piqued my interest and had me put my phone on the table.

"More like a fight he wanted to happen," Richard said coming forward and shaking Adam's hand.

"Oh, shut up. I just wanted to hurt him where it did the most," Jayce interrupted.

"Yeah and you ended up with a broken nose and black eyes," Richard added with a scowl on his face.

"What did he do?" Adam asked from Richard while Jayce stood there with his hands shoved in his pockets.

"He goaded Noel with the news of Cheryl being pregnant and saying she didn't love him at all. Basically, he said a lot and I think for a moment he deserved it. He knew very well that we are supposed to stay away from him but I didn't understand why would he do something like that."

"I just wanted to mess up with him," Jayce intervened.

"Wasn't one time enough?" Richard questioned angrily but not with a raised voice. I could see a fight forming between two brothers. One time? What had they done with Noel?

"It wasn't intentional," Jayce reminded him.

"Guys!" Adam snapped dragging their attention back to him. "I'm on a date, do you mind us talking about this later?" Jayce and Richard's eyes turned to me and they grew silent.

"Sorry to interrupt you," Richard was the first one to say while Jayce's eyes were set on me.

"Jayce you were irresponsible, and we will talk about this later. Try not to get into problems until tomorrow I'm not going to clean up after you this time. We were going to have a long talk on this one," Adam's voice was dangerous and angry, making Jayce draw back his attention back to him.

"Understood?" he asked him to which Jayce nodded.

"I think you should take your brother home now Richard. He needs rest after the beating he had got," Adam ordered.

"Sure," He replied. "One more thing Nathan was mad at him and was talking about kicking him out of the club. Can you talk to him later?" He requested.

"Don't worry I will handle it," Adam replied.

"You were the girl with Christine that night, weren't you?" Jayce asked from nowhere.

"I was," I answered with hesitance.

"How is she now?" he asked, and I looked at Adam with questioning eyes.

"I-,"

"It's time for you to leave Jayce," Adam ordered in an angry tone. There was this smirk on Jayce's face that I wanted to wipe off. I was so right to hate him. Basically, the first impression that I had for him wasn't wrong at all.

"I'm sorry, on his behalf," Richard apologized on his behalf. He dragged his brother with him, but Jayce's eyes were set on me and that smirk was still there.

"I'm sorry about this," I heard Adam say but my eyes were fixed on the retreating Jayce.

"Hey," he said taking my hand in his and bringing back my attention to him.

"So sorry you had to see all this," Adam apologized, and I gave him a small smile.

"I don't think I like Jayce at all. I think there is something wrong with him," I told him. He sighed at hearing my words.

"I can't do anything about him, but he has been like this for a while. He had a drug problem. He has been clean for past three years, but he has taken over this personality. Either it was this or letting him have drugs. He is usually not like this every day he is less annoying and more understanding on other days,"

"Let's stop talking about him. I don't want to ruin our date" he told me.

"Is the Noel that came up my boss?" I asked, and Adam looked at me a bit shocked.

"Yeah. Umm, actually it's no big deal among them. Jayce and Noel had gotten into many fights when they were young. They had grown up together in a way. Same school, same neighborhood and all," his gave me a reply carefully. It felt like he was hiding something.

"Can we please concentrate on our date, now?" he asked lacing my fingers with his and a smile on his lips.

"Please," he added giving me one of those smiles that made me feel something deeply for him. I nodded to him.

"I'm looking forward to this night, Allison, and our celebration," he said in a sincere tone.

"I think I'm too," I replied with a smile. Our new waiter came, and his fingers unlaced from mine. However, my mind wandered back to Jayce and Adam's conversation.

.....................................................................

Hey, everyone, I hoped you like this chapter.

I'm sorry for not an early update. I was busy packing my things but no worries I'm all done and I would be trying to update all my books every day. Meaning one update by me on one of my books every day that are ongoing.

What do you think is going on?

What is between Adam and Jayce?

Is Adam right for Allison?

Does she love him?

Or

Does he love her?

What do you think is going to happen next?

See you next time!!

And it will be soon!

Thank you

Love you all

Please vote, comment and write a review too!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.3K 1.4K 29
"Secrets I've held in my heart, Are harder to hide than I thought. " β™‘β™‘β™‘ 𝘐𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘡 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨? 𝘐𝘚 οΏ½...
1.6M 43.2K 57
(WARNING: This is my first story btw. Some parts may be cringe or toxic, but I don't feel like changing anything) I watched as he frustratingly ran h...
2.8M 79.9K 64
Love. It was infuriating yet strangely addicting. It swirls in unknown waters, testing its limits before striking. The sensation of its claws diggin...
7.5K 718 16
THE BILLIONAIRE'S MARRIAGE SERIES #Book 2 :- YOURS BY FATE- THE BILLIONAIRE'S POSSESION' {ongoing} My Husband My mistake He was my mistake or more...