Whispers In The Dark

By baeklightspark

There's so much happens in our world. some are fall in love, and some with broken heart. some are married and... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 5

128 24 26
By baeklightspark

"It's been a long time, Clara," A familiar male voice snapped at her. She froze on the spot, unable to move even a bit as the horrifying commotion took over her body and soul. "I've been waiting for this day for a long time. I am so happy; at last, I found you in this world. Aren't you happy to see me, princess?" He slipped his words slowly, with full of sarcasm as he fetched mild steps towards her.

Before he could reach her, she turned around and sprinted towards the opposite direction from where she's actually heading to. The guy smiled, watching her running helplessly from him.

Jinhye had no idea where she should be running to. She couldn't find any people around her as the street was empty and noiseless; her hurried footsteps and heavy breaths reverberated through the deserted street.

The guy, again, appeared in front of her, Jinhye stopped momentarily. She felt her body getting weak watching the guy before her. "You can't escape from me this time, princess. Be a good girl and come with me," The guy reached out his hands to get a hold of her. She messily backed away due to the terror devastated her.

..

Baekhyun kept on walking glumly around the street. He asked all those people who were passing by whether they had seen a long hair girl with a cap. All he got is a No from them. He stood in the middle of the street, feeling sad, frustrated. "Where on the earth she left to?" He asked himself while running his hand through his hair out of frustration. He'd seen two alleyways ahead of him. He stood there thinking which way he should take to search for her. He decided to take one, which leads to the forest.

Baekhyun took hassled steps further on the way to the forest. The forest was thick and packed with giant trees. The sunlight streaked through the boughs in shadowy beams.There were birds ahead of him, calling, pecking for grubs.He halted shortly in the midst of the woods when he heard long footsteps following him. He spun around quickly, the next thing he knew, he had laid on the ground along with Jinhye on his top.

Baekhyun groaned, tried to get up but failed miserably as the girl on his chest held him tightly. He pulled her away from his chest, gazing into her wet eyes. His eyes widened and regret washed over him. Is she crying?

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, quietly. She said nothing but held onto him more securely.

"Thank you Baekhyun, I thought I'd die here," She said, her words whispered into his neck.

Baekhyun realized it's because of him that she got frightened. Guilty engrossed him. He made her face him again. There was a reassuring smile on her face; she's so contented to see him.

"I'm sorry for letting you go alone," He said looking into her eyes. They gazed into each other's eyes for a while, noiselessly. He felt something strange akin to a déjà vu. He felt as if this had happened before. The vague sense of familiarity washed over him. He snapped from his oblivious thoughts as he rose right way that he approximately drops his balance.

He spotted the things which she bought from the store, were scattered down on the ground, Baekhyun picks them up.

"Let's go," He said as he walked ahead of her. She took a glance at her back before taking the steps to the fore.

"An angel princess falls for a human guy? Quite interesting," The guy sneered from afar as he floated away from the woods.

Baekhyun and Jinhye were walking all the way through the empty noiseless street, only their hasty footsteps could been hear of as neither of them spoke; they remained quiet all the way to the dorm.

"Oh Jinhye, what happened? Why did you take so long?" Suho began to throw tons of questions once they get inside the house.

"I'm sorry for making all of you worried. I just got lost in the forest," She said, lowering her eyes.

"Ah, you don't have to apologize," Suho said while passing a reassuring smile at her. "Yah Baekhyun, it's your fault she lost in the woods. Told you that we shouldn't let her go alone. See, what had happen," Suho shouted at Baekhyun, who was climbing up the stairs. He stopped shortly with an annoyed sigh.

"No, it's not his fault. Don't blame him for nothing. It's my fault that I took the wrong way," Before Baekhyun could declare something in return, Jinhye cried out.

An awkward silence fell upon them. The puzzled look on their faces created a burden feeling within her abdomen. She quickly twisted around and walked scrappily to the direction of her room.

"She's acting weird, isn't she?" Chen asked, staring at her retreating figure.

"Yeah, she's one weird creature," Sehun answered.

"How she ended up in the woods? It's so far from here though," Chanyeol asked inquisitively, waiting for an answer from Baekhyun.

"I don't know either," Baekhyun answered while climbing up on the remaining stairs to reach his room.

The second he reached his room, he discreetly collapsed on the bed with a heavy sigh. He couldn't help but his thoughts were drifting to the incident occurred back there in the woods. She looked rather horrified, was someone chasing her?

Her wavering eyes tattooed deep in his heart. An uneasy feeling engrossed his heart, he groaned as he rolled around the bed. "Ugh, why would I let her go alone?" He asked himself feeling quite annoyed.

He spends almost an hour rolling around like a cat on the bed thinking peculiar things.

A knock on the door startled him. He sat up suddenly on the bed. Jinhye was standing next to the door, holding the doorknob.

"Lunch is ready," She said shyly. Her eyes magically rotated from side to side.

"Wait," Baekhyun called out when she's about to take her leave. Jinhye stopped shortly with a confused expression held on her face. Baekhyun stood up from the bed and moved towards her, he looks rather confused. He'd feel something strange in her presence. She stood there silently, looking forward to him. They stood facing each other for a while. Jinhye felt a sense of agony by his gaze.

"You are hiding something, aren't you?" He asked, suspiciously, moving more closely to her. His eyes narrowed. She couldn't stand under his judging gaze.

"What are you talking about?" she asked, laughing nervously.

"How did you ended up in the woods? It's just opposite from the store. You can reach the store without getting lost. Then how come you take the wrong way that leads to the forest?" Baekhyun asked like a detective investigating a criminal case. He stepped closer to her; Jinhye took a few steps back until her back hit the wall. "Was someone following you? You look quite terrified," He asked, his left hand resting on the wall, trapping her. "You were running away from someone, weren't you? I caught you keep looking at your back," He claimed, his warm breath stroked her cheeks. Jinhye said nothing, as she was quite lost into his handsome face. She's busy admiring his features. She looked straight into his eyes with full of awe and affection.

Baekhyun stopped talking when he caught her looking at him. "How strangely she looks at me," he thought. He felt that she's smiling through her eyes.

"Yah why are you star-" His words cut off when something strange flashed through her eyes. He found himself in the darkness and a girl's voice boomed through the dark mysterious space, and he listened to it more clearly. He's pretty traumatized when he heard the girl was calling his name, "Byun Baekhyun".

Baekhyun gasped out and quickly backed away from her. He's shaking as if he had witnessed a terrible crime scene. He found it hard to breathe for a moment. "What's that?" He asked himself with trembling lips.

"Are you alright?" Jinhye asked worriedly. Her face turned pale from looking at his reaction.

"Don't move," He said while grabbing her shoulders snugly. "I can see something through your eyes," He claimed, leaning over to her face. He wanted to see it again, the most terrific scene.

Jinhye was quite shocked at his action; however, she remained silent under his stretched grip. He fixed on her as if he's searching something over her eyes.

"What are you two doing here?" Both turned their head to the doorway to catch the owner of the voice.

******************

what do you think about this chapter?

comment your thoughts and opinions:)

love you all!

vote if you like:)

thank you^O^

Special thanks to krenoviantz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 2.9K 13
baekhyun x reader Just when you thought that your heart had healed, just when you had thought you had become stronger, you fell into the same trap...
84.2K 3.5K 199
Description Each one of us has a dream that we always wanted. Sometimes we got to have and sometimes we don't. But what if you got it but at the same...
574 59 58
What happens when two shy twins meet EXO in university, things happen and somethings go wrong. Chen and Kai love story! <3
17.5K 549 21
"I promise you I will always be here for you from now on, I'm not leaving your side." You giggle a little from his statement. "Is this your own way o...