There Is No Peace - The EOS C...

By smagnuspran

**SAMPLE** NOW PUBLISHED AS PAPERBACK & EBOOK ON AMAZON. (Link In Bio) Her father's secrets saved her. Her mo... More

WAR GAMES
AFTER PARTY
EXPEL
CHANGE
PATH
HONESTY
ENLIGHTENMENT
COMMANDER
PREPARATION
RIGHTS AND RING
FRATRICIDE

REMEMBER

5 0 0
By smagnuspran

May 13, 2313 

"Your ring is a reminder of war, remember your training, listen for the whispers, prepare for the inevitable, there is no peace." This was the mantra of my dead childhood.

 "I left a memento for you from your mother in your new quarters. Open it as you leave this decaying planet. Here is your assignment," my father said, handing me the cube. Before letting it go, he added, "Valora, survive." 

He broke conventional protocol by using my first name, a pronouncement of endearment, but the banned word "mother" was what took my breath. His parting remarks loomed as twelve other escaping ship commanders hung on to their leader's final perfectly enunciated words. 

"Yes, sir," I said, masking affection for fear it would be perceived as weakness on the platform. Zerian soldiers don't cry. 

"Report to your ship."

 I saluted and turned my back to my father on Kavarka. This has become my last memory of him.

Those who escaped are alive today because of him. I have been blessed with pride in his sacrifice and duty, but an endless sinking pit gathers inside my heart because I'm not enough to fulfill his legacy.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 171 29
Mankind's fate will not be one of simplicity and luxury. Instead it will be an unprecedented experiment of survival played on a communal level. Only...
97 30 29
On their 5th birthday, they're dying. By their 18th birthday, they're dead. In a place known only as the Sanctuary, children of an inferior race know...
50.7K 2.2K 29
Across the entire globe, millions of women have gone missing over the last four months. In the United States alone, 500,000 young women have disappea...
3.6K 665 51
A dystopian young adult novel involving romance, secret experiments on human subjects, and a group of teenagers' will to survive. Reader Comments: "...