On the Run (Book 1)

By kthaler

Isabella Montgomery’s life was far from normal. She was the princess of a small Kingdom and was next in line... More

Werewolf
Runaway
Research
The Threat
America
Alpha
Explain
Answers
All White
Princess
Second Chance
Alia
Fun
Love is in the Air
Sore Loser
True Self
Too Good To Be True
What Just Happened
The Talk
Date
Explosion
Culprit
Austin
The Past
War
Run
Surprise
Plan
Leaving
Research
Wedding
Reception
The Fight
Memories
Special Night
Married
Epilogue

Mark

1.6K 60 5
By kthaler

            Oh my God, that didn’t just happen. I stared, wide eyed at the two Alpha’s in the room, glaring at each other. If it wasn’t so serious and silent in here, I would have bursted out laughing from what just happened. My heart was racing and my adrenaline kicked in, just by watching them fight. I can’t believe Jace just declared war on Austin.

            “Fine, I accept your declaration of war. I suggest you get your ass off my territory because I decide to attack now.” Austin snarled.

            Jace turned around and grabbed me by the arm, pulling me out of the office. I watched as Zack followed quickly behind us, scanning his surroundings. The other men who came with us, also followed. We reached the front door and Jace didn’t hesitate to rip open the door, flinging it also off the hinge. Great, he was pissed off and Jace angry wasn’t the best thing in the world. We got into the SUV and still no one said a word.

            “What happens now?” I asked, breaking the silence.

            “We go back to the pack house and gather all of our fighters and plan out our attack.” Jace said, causing me to flinch from his tone.

            He noticed this and he unbuckled my seatbelt and pulled me onto his lap. He nuzzled his face into my neck, breathing in my scent. He nibbled on my ear and started to whisper into my ear.

            “I love you, Isabella. I just want to be close to you.”

            My heart melted at his words. I never thought I could love someone so much in a short amount of time. I rested my head on his shoulder, wrapping my arms around him. I wanted to be close to him too because I knew that the next couple days were going to be hell. We drove back home and I was exhausted, mainly from all the driving and from the fact that I was just about fully recovered. It was only about five in the evening when we got back to the house.

            Once we were home, I headed upstairs to our bedroom. The house was silent, which was fine by me. Jace said he had to talk with the pack and then he’d be upstairs. I laid on the bed, trying to calm down at the war that was declared. What if Jace or Zack, or even Alia got hurt? I wouldn’t be able to live if something happened to any of them.

            I pushed away the thoughts and grabbed a large t-shirt of Jace’s to sleep in. I walked to the bathroom and got into the shirt, which stopped at mid-thigh and brushed my teeth. I decided to keep my hair down, but ran my hairbrush through it. I walked back into the bedroom to see Jace was lying on the bed, looking at his phone. He already changed into a pair of sweatpants to sleep in and wasn’t wearing a shirt, showing off his amazing six pack. Once he saw me, he set his phone down and smiled.

            “How are you doing?” He asked.

            “I think I should be asking you that question. I wasn’t the one who got in a fight, declared war and is still recovering from an explosion.” I said, smiling shyly.

            “Look, I’m fine from the explosion, see only scaring now, which will only heal over time. Doesn’t even hurt.” Jace said, showing me his back. He was right when he was practically healed, but I found myself looking at his back muscles that made my skin go hot. I can’t believe I was checking him out like this.

            “Plus, I kicked Austin’s ass in that fight.” Jace added, turning back to face me, leaving me a bit disappointed. I let out a small laugh and I noticed that Jace was staring at me without saying anything else. Why was he staring? Was my hair messed up or did I have something on my face?

            “Why are you staring at me like what?” I asked, laughing.

            “Because I love your laugh. It’s cute, along with you. Though, you’re more beautiful than cute, I think.” He smirked.

            I could already feel myself blush as red as a tomato. I sighed and buried my face in the pillow as I laid back. Jace chuckled and asked me what was wrong. He knew I was blushing like crazy from his compliments, but he wanted to hear me say it.

            “You know how much I blush when you say stuff like that.” I groaned, my face still buried in my pillow.

            “But I love your blush.” Jace whined.

            I lifted my face from the pillow and swung and smacked Jace with the pillow. I started to laugh as he fell backwards and almost fell off the bed. Thank God, it was a king size bed. The blush on my face was about to go down but then I caught Jace staring at me again, smirking as he checked me out. Yep, I started to blush again. I started to lay down again so I could hide my blush, but Jace grabbed me by the arm.

            “Oh no you don’t.” He grinned as he laid me flat on my back and hovered over me. Before I knew it, he was straddling me and then started to tickle me. I let out a scream as I started to laugh hysterically. I begged Jace to stop but he ignored me and continued to torture me. Tears streamed down my cheeks as he tickled me nonstop. I tried to push him off but he didn’t budge.

            “St-stop, pl-please.” I cried, in between laughs.   

            Finally, Jace decided I had enough of his torture and stopped tickling me. He did remain straddling me as I tried to catch my breath and wipe away my tears. I try to frown at him, mad that he tickled me and wouldn’t stop, but I couldn’t stay mad at him anymore. My frown was broken by a small smile.

            “I knew you couldn’t be mad.” He smirked, confidently.

             I rolled my eyes in response, trying not to laugh again. I wasn’t always the greatest person keep a straight face against another person, unless I was in a dangerous situation or something. I loved being with Jace like this, it was like nothing was wrong in the world and everything was involving us.

            Before I knew it, Jace’s lips were pressed against mine. Sparks flew as our lips connected and I didn’t hesitate to kiss him back. He tasted so amazing, that it was hard to believe that I could love kissing someone so much. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer.

            He bit on my lower lip, asking permission and I gladly opened my mouth as his tongue explored my mouth. A moan asked my throat, never feeling this way before. Jace smirked against my lips, knowing he caused me to feel this way and to moan. I tugged on his hair, gripping it tightly in my hand. Now it was his turn to moan. Our tongues dances together, fighting for dominance, but he won. 

            If only everyday could be like this, us not having a care in the world. It was only Jace and I. There were no interruptions, no live or death situations, it was just us. Jace’s hand traveled to my thighs and he started to rub them slowly. He made his way up my thigh and up my shirt. He rubbed circles on my stomach, leaving tingles wherever he touched. He grabbed my hips and his lips left mine, only to find there way to my jaw line.

            He gave me wet kisses along my jaw until he reached my ear. He nibbled, playfully on my earlobe, causing me to moan once again. This felt so amazing and what was best was that Jace had never been this loving to me before and we hadn’t really done anything but kiss. This was a full make out session, which I was completely fine with.

            “Can I mark you?” Jace whispered in my ear.

            I nodded, too caught up in the moment to speak. I wasn’t sure what to expect when her marked me but I didn’t care. All I knew was that I wanted him and trusted him with my life. I loved him. He started to kiss a sensitive spot on my neck, and several moans escaped my throat, even when I tried to hold them back. He started to suck on one spot, and I wondered why he was just giving me a hickey.

            Then I felt his canines come out and start to tease me as they grazed my neck. I bit down on my lip to hold in my moans that Jace was causing. This felt amazing. I never had felt this way for another person. And no one else had ever made me feel this certain way when they kissed me. Sure, Matthew was really the only other person I’ve kissed, but still, he never made me feel this way.

            I gasped when I felt Jace’s teeth sink into my skin. There was a pinching pain in my neck and a few tears ran down my teeth but then the pain was replaced by pleasure. I moaned loudly, not being able to contain myself. I felt something pulling and I assumed that it was the bond being formed between Jace and I. He started to lick the spot where he bit me and the sensation I was feeling was extraordinary.

            I suddenly became really tired and I wasn’t sure if it was from him marking me or just from the whole day. Jace pulled away from me, looking into my eyes as he smiled. There was a bit of my blood on his lips and normally I would have been disgusted, but right now I didn’t even care.

            “You taste amazing.” He smirked, as he kissed me once again, but this was just a gentle peck on the lips.

            “Is that supposed to be a compliment?” I asked, because it sounded weird hearing him say I tasted good. He just laughed and smiling down at me. He finally got off of me and laid down beside me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into his chest, muttering goodnight to me as my eyes started to close.

            Before I fell asleep though, I heard him whisper in my ear, “You are officially mine and I love you, Isabella.”

Author's Note :)

Awww, how adorable are Izzy and Jace? Wasn't this a cute little chapter? For all you romantics out there, this was for you. Jace and Izzy finally get to have a cute moment without any explosions or interruptions. He marked here, yay!!! I hope you all enjoyed, but the next chapter won't be all romance. I love updating this story, just because the end is coming up soon and the climax is coming and i'm just too excited. This chapter's dedication goes to @ruby_janie. Again, thanks for commenting, i love reading yours!!!!

I would really love if you guys could spread the word about this book. It's my first werewolf one and seeing that you all love it, i really want some more readers and for this to get noticed more. I've been hoping that it would be in the top stories in the werewolf category, but it's only been in the hundreds and up. Does anyone know how that works? Anyways, please share this story and get others to read it. I'll give out dedications adn shoutouts to those who help me out. Thanks!!!! And please keep up the commenting and voting!!!

ALSO!!!!! I've been updated everyday or every other day, so make sure your checking to see it i'm updating, because i most likely am :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 153 33
(UNDER SUPER HEAVY EDITING) You will NOT understand this if you start to read it right now!!!!! Please don't read this yet!! I'm re-editing this whol...
116K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
7.6M 193K 39
*Completed but needs editing* *I DO NOT GIVE ANYONE/COMPANY PERMISSION TO USE THIS BOOK ON OTHER WEBSITES, THIS IS WRITTEN BY ME ON WATTPAD ONLY, IF...
129K 2.1K 29
(**Violence in some parts**) Abused physically and mentally. Diana takes it all for her sister Emma, the only blood related person she has left. She...