Shirayukihime and The Lost Fox

By _theLittleBook

Akira Kazumi is your normal, everyday high schooler. Well, normal except for his heterochromia, a condition w... More

Hello and Welcome
Introducing, Akira Kazumi.
Chapter 1: A Wish, and A Fox
Chapter 3: Who Are You?
Chapter 4: That Damn Fox
Chapter 5: Fateful Meeting
Chapter 6: Followed
Chapter 7: A Game of Chess and Apples
Chapter 8: The Bastard Has A Knife
Chapter 9: Distraction
Chapter 10: Stay Out of This, Prince Charming
Chapter 11: Problems With Concealment
Chapter 12: Reading
Chapter 13: Forgetting Something?
Chapter 14: Ponytail
Chapter 15: I Bite
Chapter 16: Sharp Teeth
Chapter 17: Escape
Chapter 18: Not Normal
Chapter 19: Painful Awakening
Chapter 20: Cavalry
Chapter 21: Stalker
Chapter 22: To Find A Prince
Chapter 23: Fear, Anger, and Sleep
Chapter 24: Cat and Kit
Chapter 25: Change Of Plans
Chapter 26: Cutting Words
Chapter 27: That'll Leave A Mark
Chapter 28: Personal Questions

Chapter 2: A Sudden Landing

10.2K 370 97
By _theLittleBook

Akira POV

Falling doesn't feel good.

You feel weightless, and your stomach rises to your throat. Ever been on a plane and they're getting ready to land, making those sudden drops? That's the feeling.

Except this is a whole lot more real.

The floor suddenly disappears from beneath me, leaving me weightless in the air. The moment felt like an eternity before I fell into darkness. A yelp of surprise and shock leaves my mouth before I start to yell.

'Why do we yell when we fall, anyway?'

No, now isn't the time to be thinking about random things. I continue to fall, until I crash into something.

A tree canopy.

Wait, trees? I continue to crash into limb after limb of green, leafy trees. The temperature grew warm, and light filtered through the branches from what I could see. It was no longer dark. It gave me relief, but the trees still meant that there was ground. Meaning that I have to come into contact with it.

Opening my eyes, I see the ground quickly approaching. I brace myself for impact. But, my foot gets caught at the last second between the spit in a branch, effectively slowing my decent and giving me a softer landing. That doesn't mean that it didn't hurt.

"Ow..." I groan. "That hurt. What the hell was that?" I slowly sit up and take a moment to look around. I was in a densely packed forest with an almost invisible path to the side. It was about spring, and a lot of wild flowers were blooming. The sky was a cheerful hue of blue and clear of clouds, from what I could see through the dense canopy.

"How did I even get here? It was mid October last time I checked, and cold. I live in the suburbs, not the rural countryside!" I say to no one.

A sudden thought occurs to me. Where's my stuff? I twist around to look for my belongings. I turn up empty handed in my search, until I spot something long sticking out from a nearby bush. It's my wooden kendo sword. I let out a sigh. At least I still had this.

I move to stand up, but ultimately let out a muffled cry. My foot must have gotten hurt when it caught the branch. Then I notice something extremely weird.

I'm not wearing the same clothes.

My school uniform was gone and replaced with a white under shirt with three-quarter sleeves, a red vest on top, both with black accents, black fingerless gloves leading up to my elbow, black pants and finally knee high black boots with silver accents. I don't recall changing at all or even having the time to, but these aren't any clothes of mine.

Pushing that thought aside, I start looking for anything to use as a crutch. Nearby, a long, slender branch was lying on the ground, and I reach over and grasp it. Using it to help myself to stand, I once again notice something white and fluffy behind me.

I fully turn myself around, body tense with unease, but find nothing there except trees. A flash of white appears at the corner of my eye, and I turn again. Looking around, nothing was there. The white appears again, and I earn a tick mark on my head. Instead of turning my whole body around, I simply look over my shoulder this time.

A white, bushy tail was there, but instead of belonging to another animal, it was attached to me. I stare, shocked at what I am seeing. I rub my eyes and take a look again. It was still there. I switch hands with the stick and reach behind me and feel it to make sure it was real.

It was real alright, but not only that, I could feel through the tail as well! Letting out a sigh, I scratch my head. But there was something there. It wasn't only hair, but something else. A knot of dread rises to my throat as I look around for a reflective surface. Seeing a puddle, I hobble over and look down into it. I gasp at what I see.

My appearance was relatively the same. White hair, gold and blue eyes. The thing that I was shocked at was that two white, fluffy, triangles adorn my head. They look like ears. Reaching up, I snap next to one and wince at the loud sound it made. Yep, these were my ears. But, the tail and now ears, they remind me of...

"The fox!" I exclaim out loud. I quickly pull up my left sleeve and see the armlet on my arm. It was the same one; a golden fox, looking like it was asleep on the wearer's arm. Without hesitation, I try to pull it off. It stuck like glue to my arm, not even budging an inch. Even still, I pull at it in hopes that it would come off.

A sudden, hot and painful sensation burned my arm and I immediately stop with a hiss. "Dammit! What the heck is happening?" I mumble angrily. I decide to turn my attention to my kendo sword. I hobble over to the bush that it was stranded in, and pick it out carefully. I make sure to search the bush just in case some of my other stuff was stranded there as well. Unfortunately, nothing else was in the bush, but at least I still have my kendo sword.

"Okay, now to find civilization." I mumble to myself. But looking around, I realize that I don't know where I am or where to go. In other words, I'm lost.

I sigh. "Guess I'll wait for a passing traveler to ask directions." I sit down next to a tree where I have a perfect view of the trail. The only problem is that the trail doesn't seem to be well-traveled, so I have no idea how long I will have to wait until someone passes by.

'I might as well get some sleep.'

With that thought in mind I close my eyes with my sword in hand, ready for anyone with suspicious intent.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

678 49 29
This is sorta a modern Story You and Obi have been best friends sense child hood, but recently you'v both started dating. only your close friends kno...
110K 3.3K 41
"I'm different from any other princesses. I'm different from any other people. Am I even a human?" People have their own reason to live. What if a p...
9 1 1
You were young. Far too young to be in the situation you were currently in, dazed and covered in a warm coat of crimson. You could barely make out th...
150K 4.7K 40
I push up slowly, still dizzy. A hand pulls me up. I sluggishly swing at it in an attempt to escape. They catch my hand and squeeze my wrist forcing...