A Diva's Dream (WWE Fanfic)

By wendylikesfood

Nothing was going to stop Vanessa from becoming the Diva's Champion but things get complicated when she catch... More

A Diva's Dream
New Beginnings
Pregame
Beatdown
One More Time
Confession
New Image
Dealing with Dean
3am
The Spartan Pit
Movie Night
Groceries
IHOP
Chill Day
Dallas
Hell in a Cell
Kenichi
Hotel Shenanigans
*A Message From Wendy*
Day with AJ
Deja Vu
Title Shot
Validation
The New Champion
Ringside
Surprise
Dean Plots
Promo
Wet Willie's
Now What?
Summer Rae
**Author's Note**
Double Main Event
**Important Notice***
We meet again

Confrontation

2.2K 38 0
By wendylikesfood

"Yeah just turn left here and it'll be on the right side" I sat in the back seat and gave Matt directions to get to Chili's.

"Are you sure?" Seth asked looking out the window for the neon sign.

"Trust me two-tones. I know this city like the back of my hand."

"You're one to talk! You have black and blonde too!"

Matthew laughed at our bickering as he pulled into the parking lot.

"Well I pull it off better than you" I shoved past him playfully as we exit the car and entered the restaurant.

As soon as we opened the door I inhaled deeply, taking in the incredible smell of delicious food. We were showed to a table and ordered our drinks while skimming our menus.

Once we finished ordering what we wanted, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. "Ughhhh..." I dropped my head on the table after seeing who the message was from and turned off my phone.

"What's wrong?" Matt looked at me with concern.

"Oh yea I never told you. Trent and I kind of...broke up" I responded and felt the sting of sadness in my eyes when I looked at Seth and Matt sitting across from me.

"Is it because..." Matt knew what Trent was like and how he felt about my career.

"Because what?" Seth decided to join in on the conversation.

I squeezed my eyes shut, holding back my tears "He didn't like me wrestling and traveling all the time. Which is ridiculous because I was wrestling before I met him" I scoffed "And today he said I couldn't become a champion, so I dropped him" I stared at my drink and stirred the ice cubes in my sweet tea.

"Well if you ask me he sounds like an absolute moron" Seth scoffed and I laughed, feeling warm and fuzzy inside. 'Why am I suddenly so comfortable around Seth?'

I decided to ignore the text message, not even bothering to read what it said, and as if the timing couldn't be any better, our food arrived.

"Did you order two plates?" Matt looked at the plates in front of me amazed.

"Yea, I couldn't decide between Cajun pasta or ribs, so I got both"

About halfway through our meal Matt's phone rang, "Hold on guys it's my brother, I'll be right back." he excused himself and stepped outside to answer the phone.

Then Seth hit me with something I never would have expected. "So why are you avoiding me all the time?"

'Great he noticed' 'Well of course he noticed he's not an imbecile!' I scolded myself and let out a sigh. "I'm sorry Seth, it's nothing against you."

"Colby"

"What?"

"Just call me Colby" he smiled and looked down to cut up his steak. "So why do you avoid me?"

"Umm... I don't know if you remember. Matt was teaching me the shooting star press and I messed up pretty bad." I chuckled thinking back to how I played off the whole incident, when in reality my awkward landing gave me three bruised ribs AND a bruised ego. "I kind of blamed my accident on you, which is stupid now that I think about it" I laughed a bit and took a bite of my delicious pasta.

"So it was my fault?" he had that look of pretend hurt.

"Hey you're bad luck!"

"Please! There's no such thing as bad luck!" The sight of him laughing made me feel like I could go the rest of the night without any sadness.

"Suuuuuuure" I smirked and started working on my yummy ribs.

"Hey guys sorry about that" Matt joined us at the booth and finished the rest of his food.

"Everything ok?" I asked once I wiped the corner of my mouth with a napkin.

"Yeah my brother Mike just wants me in Missouri by tomorrow. He's heading back to Japan with me and he just wants to leave already"

"Aww you're such a good brother!" I teased him.

"Speaking of which, didn't I see your brother at the arena?" Matt tried to recall but after all that went on during the match, I don't blame him if he didn't notice, even if my brother has a crazy afro.

"Yeah, he told me he was gonna go downtown afterwards with his friends"

After about an hour of talking and joking around we decided it was time to pay our bill and stop causing the waitresses trouble. We were having too much fun to care that we were being loud.

"You sure you don't want me to drop you off at the arena?" Matt offered to take me back since I left all my things in my car, which I left at the arena, haha silly me!

"Nah it's fine, it's not that far from here. Besides it'd be nice to take a walk by the river and clear my head."

"You mind if I go with you?" I honestly wanted to get my mind off Trent, but how could I say no to Seth?

"Well I'm gonna get going guys. I'm gonna miss you Vanessa" I hugged him tightly, and honestly, it felt like my heart was going to fall apart knowing my best friend leaving.

"Don't go doing anything dumb" Matt told me with a smile, and somehow, a few tears made their escape and rolled down my cheek.

"Seth, I'm proud of you man. And take care of this one, she's accident prone and out of control" Matt stuck his tongue out at me.

"Hey!" I elbowed Seth while wiping away the tears with the back of my hand.

"You got it"

It was already 11 and Matt waved at us one last time before taking off.

"Come on dork-face. I'm kind of paranoid someone has broken into my car by now" I played off my sadness and sniffled as we headed down the Riverwalk.

Despite how late it was, there were many people about the streets. People mingled in the patios of restaurants and guitars filled the air with music. One thing that caught my eye was a vendor selling light up toys. Call me childish, but my bad if I like to have fun. Just then Seth and I gave each other the same look of mischief and raced over to the vendor. He of course opted to get a light up machine gun with sound effects and everything, while I went for the ninja sword and made my own sound effects. Normally we would've made it to the arena by now, but you would be surprised how light up kids toys can distract two full grown adults.

After about ten whole minutes of chasing each other up and down the Riverwalk, we headed back towards the arena.

"Jeez my sides hurt from laughing so much!" I gripped my shirt over where my stomach hurt.

"I still say I won. A sword can't beat a machine gun"

"Yea right! Plus, you're lucky I didn't push you into the river!" I nudged him playfully as we crossed the street to get to the arena.

After reaching the parking lot Seth leaned on my car as I pulled out my keys "You really love this don't you?" He motioned his head to the arena still decorated with WWE banners that hung from the light posts.

It didn't take much to get me talking about how much I loved wrestling. "It's everything to me" I sighed as I saw a banner with my face plastered all over it. "Ha! you're head looks huge!" I pointed to a banner with Seth on it. I'll admit it was fun being around him, despite the fact that just a few hours ago I was avoiding him.

Suddenly I heard someone in the distance and the sound of a car door slamming. "Vanessa!" someone was calling out to me and we both turned towards the direction of the voice.

"Oh no.." I realized who it was.

"What?" Seth looked at me worried.

"Vanessa, what the hell?!" the person calling out to me came into view and I knew this night was going to go downhill fast. Seth quickly got up from against my car and stood in front of me before the man came any closer. "I've been calling and looking for you for hours! Where the hell have you been?!"

"Trent can you please just leave me alone?" I didn't even bother to look at him, I could already picture the look on his face, infuriated.

"Come on man, she doesn't wanna talk to you. Let her be" Seth stood between me and Trent, trying to create some distance.

"And who the hell are you?!" Trent tried to push him back but failed miserably.

"Trust me you don't wanna do this" Seth kept his cool, and honesty I was afraid... for Trent. I've seen how calculating Seth is, both in and out of the ring, and a guy like Trent didn't stand a chance. Of course, Trent being the idiot that he is, completely ignored his warning and pushed him back again. But before Seth could lunge at him, I grabbed his arm, I wouldn't want to see Trent get hurt.

"Colby, please." Immediately all the rage inside him dissipated and he backed off. I sighed and looked at Trent "Look, you've been through a lot over the years and I've stuck by you. I care about you... but if you think for a second I'm giving up doing what I love because you don't like it, then you are out of your damn mind! I'm not going back with you, I'm not leaving the WWE, and I'm only going to say this once because you obviously didn't get it the first time..." I stepped closer to Trent and before he could open his mouth I headbutt him, knocking him back a good 10 feet "We're THROUGH!"

"You're crazy!" he scurried back to his car and drove off defeated.

I turned around to see Seth laughing and on the brink of tears. "Matt was right about you. You're out of control" he said in between breaths and I smacked his arm.

* whooooo! vacation time! I will be in California for the week (currently driving through New Mexico ((no I'm not the one actually driving lol seriously don't text and drive!)) but I will still update! please vote, comment, show some love, cus love makes the world go round!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 541 59
When Brooklyn Skye, Seth Rollins younger sister, gets accepted into the WWE universe as the newest Diva and falls in love with one of Seth's worst en...
240 6 1
Road To WrestleMania; Kim has completed almost a year of her dream in the WWE as the Divas champion. Last night she defended her title at WrestleMani...
37.8K 1.2K 70
After Aj and Dean fooled everyone, they face new problems and try to make things work out. What happens when they go through some hard hitting inform...
3.2K 57 23
Dean Ambrose has everything: the WWE World Championship & the girl of his dreams who happens to be the Smackdown women's champ. However, when she get...