Guarded

By MaxineEdenn

There was a reason his heart was guarded. She broke it years ago. But when they come into contact with each o... More

Prologue
01
02
03
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33

04

3.7K 131 4
By MaxineEdenn

A/N: Thank you for the votes and comments! Please continue to share. Also, this chapter contains some sex, so be warned if this makes you uncomfortable. 

-

“Why did you just leave me?” His voiced sounded sad. He looked at me, his bright green eyes glittering, almost as if he were on the verge of tears.

I was stunned. I didn’t know what to say, I had certainly not been planning on having this conversation with him, especially right now.

“I didn’t know what else to do.”

“You promised me, you would never leave me, Annaleise. You promised.”

“Harry, I’m sorry,” I said.

He cut me off. “I waited for you to come back. I really did. I thought maybe in a month or two you would realize you were wrong and come back even if it was just a proper goodbye. I didn’t even get one of those from you. I came so close to calling you a hundred times over the last six years. I just didn’t know what to say if I would have heard your voice on the phone.”

I went to respond and he held up his hand to stop me. “I saw all of your television shows. I kept tabs on you when I knew you had made it into acting. I went on X-Factor hoping you would notice me. But you didn’t. You didn’t even know I was in the band you were at a concert for.”

“Harry, I’m so sorry. I was stupid. I was 14 at the time.”

“I was 14 at the time, too, but that doesn’t mean I ever stopped loving you, Annaleise.” His words came out carefully, slowly and considered. Almost as if he had been practicing that speech for years.

I stared at him incredulously. Was he really confessing this right now? Did I tell him the only way I thought I could get over him was when to try to forget he ever existed and now that he’s come back he’s all I could think about for the last 24 hours?

“Do you remember New Year’s 2007?” he asked, coming closer to me.

I nodded. How could I forget?

We were both nervous and excited. I think I was more nervous and Harry was more excited than anything. We chose my house to spend the evening at since my parents were going to be in London for the night. I told them I would be staying at Georgiana’s for the night and they didn’t think to check up twice on me.

Harry had told his parents, who were going to the local pub, that he would be at his friend’s house for the evening. We hoped they didn’t decide to check up on my house since it was right across the street and they knew my parents would be in London for the evening.

We had managed to steal some champagne from my parent’s wine cellar and tried to drink the bubbly liquid as quick as we could. I got all giggly as soon as I had my first glass and Harry decided that was enough for me before I got too sick.

It was nearly 11:30 when we went upstairs to my bedroom. I had just gotten a double bed and I had never had a boy stay in my bed and I was thankful it was in my room – somewhere I felt safe. I lay down on the bed, Harry asking me a million times if I was sure. I finally cut him off with a reassuring kiss.

He lay down next to me, looking into my eyes. “I love you, so much, Annaleise.”

“I love you so much, Harry.”

He kissed me gently and unbuttoned my sweater, speaking through all his actions before he followed through with them. His pace was slow and he took his time exploring my body and placing soft kisses on each newly exposed piece of skin.

When he finally undressed all of himself, and me he stopped me before I crawled under the covers. “You are so beautiful,” he whispered. 

He had stolen a few condoms from his parents and explained how he was going to do something to make it easier to go inside me. He placed his hand on my hip, and then slid it down slowly until he stopped in between my legs. I gasped, having never been touched like this.

“Just relax, darling.” He gently separated my folds with his fingers and found my pleasure spot, which he gently stroked. I cried out, unsure of the sensations. He placed a soothing kiss on my cheek reassuring me it was all normal. He was right, at first it felt foreign, but once I got used to him stroking me there, I started to feel tingly all over and really hot down there.

“Hold still a second, darling.” He slid one finger inside of me, letting me get used to the sensation. I nodded and he added another and began to slide them slowly in and out of me, his thumb still moving in small circles on the other hot spot.

“Are you ready?” He asked. I nodded. He removed a condom from the packet and slid it down his length. My eyes widened when I saw the sight of it.

“Harry, are you sure that’s going to.. You know.. All go in?”

He chuckled lightly at my use of words. “It will, you’ll see. Spread your legs a bit.” He nudged them apart with his knee before he settled on top of me, pressed at my entrance.

“It’s going to hurt at first, okay?”

I nodded. I knew what to expect and felt him begin to push his way inside of me. I squeezed my eyes shut as the pain came in waves and didn’t realize I began to tear up until I felt him kissing away my tears.

“The worst is over, darling.” He moved out and pushed his way back inside, stopping to let me get used to the feeling. He carried on his actions slowly until I was okay and it didn’t hurt anymore. He began to move at a faster pace and I instinctively began to arch my hips to meet his movements. I felt an intense wave of pleasure roll over me, starting from down there and spreading all over my body. A few moments later he cried out my name as he fell on top of me.

His breathing heavy, he kissed me deep and passionately. “I love you so much, Annaleise. Thank you for sharing that with me. For letting me be the one share it with you.”

I wrapped my arms around him, kissing him back. “Thank you for making it so special. I love you Harry.”

Green eyes met brown eyes before they kissed once more.

“Why do you ask about that night?” I asked, slightly confused.

“That was the night I decided I never wanted to be with anyone but you.” He looked at me earnestly, awaiting my response.

“Harry, I have a boyfriend. I-I.. I have to go.” I didn’t wait to hear his response before rushing out of the door.

“Annaleise!” I heard him call behind me. I turned and he was rushing towards me. Before I knew it, his lips made contact with me and he was pushing me gently against the wall. I tried to protest, but found myself melting into his kiss; unable to shake the feelings he had awoken in me.

“You don’t get to leave this time, Annaleise.” His voice was low. He searched my eyes and I tried to form words to make a response to his statement.

“Harry, please, we’re both in completely different worlds. I am here in Los Angeles; you’re on tour all over the world. What would we do?”

He sighed and ran his hands through his hair as he did when he got stressed. “I hadn’t thought that far in advance. I didn’t even think this moment would ever happen, honestly.”

I looked at him reproachfully. “See? It doesn’t make sense for these feelings to all come out now. It just can’t work.”

Suddenly someone shouting interrupted us. I looked up to see Cost charging towards Harry.

“Cost? What the hell are you doing here?” He looked over at me.

“Check your phone, Annaleise.” He stated before punching Harry square in the jaw.

Harry stumbled back, clearly in shock that he had just gotten punched in the face. Anger flashed in his eyes and he swung back at Cost, punching him in the nose, drawing blood. Cost glared at him before shouting something and tackling Harry to the ground.

“Jesus Christ! Stop this right now, both of you!” I shouted and tried to separate them from one enough but they were too caught up in trying to punch one another rolling back and forth on the floor in the hallway of the hotel.

Someone must’ve heard either me shouting or Harry and Cost because before I knew it, four security guards had entered the area and were separating the fighting men in front of me while they still tried to swing at one another. Cost was bleeding from the nose and Harry looked like he was going to have a black eye.

He shrugged away from the guards and stalked towards the elevator, pulling me along with him. I shook free from his grip and glared at him. “I am not going anywhere with you right now!”

He stepped close to me, looking between Harry and I. “I will be damned if I let you stay here with him.”

I really needed to figure out what was going on that would make Cost so angry and come here and start to attack Harry. “What is this all about?” I asked, unsure I really wanted to hear the answer. I was sure it most likely had something to do with the tabloids knowing Hollywood culture.  

“Ask him!” Cost shouted, pointing to Harry. Two of the guards had left, leaving just one with Harry and one keeping a watchful eye on Cost.

Harry shrugged, either not wanting to acknowledge what Cost was talking about or legitimately not knowing. I pulled out my phone and sure enough, I had some missed calls and texts message. I opened the Internet browser to Perez and sure enough there was a picture of me leaving the nightclub with Harry. The paparazzi must have followed us because there was one of us entering the hotel as well. But that wasn’t the part that shocked me.

The headline of the post read ‘Teenage lovers reunited again.” Sure enough, there was a bit about how Harry and I had known each other in England and how I had attended his show two nights in a row. It even had pictures of me leaving the hotel last night.

I glanced at Harry who still stood stoic and emotionless. Whatever he was thinking was clearly being kept under lock and key. My phone vibrated and another post appeared this time with the caption “Archer Grey: Who is she really?” and another “Archer Grey’s parents killed in plane crash in 2008” and another “Holmes Chapel, England: Is there something in the water?”

I put my phone away and shook my head, tears forming in me eyes. I tried to brush them away so neither would notice. Harry came over to me and Cost took a step towards him. “Don’t fucking touch her, man.”

“Both of you can go to hell!” I shouted at them before pushing my way away from them and heading for the stairs. I walked down to the lobby of the hotel and instantly regret my rash decision. There was a crowd of paparazzi awaiting me outside the hotel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 63 13
Harry and Hermione were in love and swore that nothing could ever tear them apart. But something did. Can they rekindle their love and forgive each o...
Strong. By Abby!

Fanfiction

1.2K 34 18
Harry styles falls in love with a fan. but will he still love her when he knows whats shes been through?
860 11 3
Harry and Reina might have their own lovely bubbles after the Marriage. Building up one another little things to be future King and Queen. But before...
9.5K 93 17
Amber's heart is broken. To the point where she is almost beyond repair. Harry Styles meets Amber, and imeadiatly is attracted to her. But can Amber...