Sight

נכתב על ידי MineCat58

My name is Skylar Assad. From a very young age, I've been different. See, I have this weird ability to see t... עוד

Prologue
Chapter One - I'm Normal... Sort Of. (Prologue Cont.)
Chapter 2 - New Friendship?
Chapter 3 - Not Alone?
Chapter 4 - My Crazy Day Continues
Chapter 6 - Alvenia

Chapter 5 - Chaos

8 1 21
נכתב על ידי MineCat58

"No, Damian. You cannot drive the car."

We were at the bumper cars, and I was sitting in one, arms crossed. I was not about to let Damian get behind the wheel of my car.

"What's wrong, Skylar? You scared?" He smirks, a hard light in his eyes.

"Not on your life," I say, rolling my eyes. "I'm just not putting the fate of my life- and the game- in your hands. Get your own car."

He scowls at me before walking away. I sigh in relief. I find Mark then, and call him over. He follows my voice, tapping a path through the cars on the floor with his cane. He sits down next to me on the leather seat, smiling.

"I can't even right now," I sigh to him. "Damian just tried to get behind the wheel of my car."

Mark smirks. "I told you, you're gonna be fine. You seemed to get rid of him, unless he's standing unnoticed behind me." He swings his cane around behind him, hitting nothing but the pole connecting the car to the electric mesh on the ceiling.

I can't help but laugh at his attempt to cheer me up. "Thanks, Mark. I just- I don't know what to do with him. It's not like he's attacking me, but he's just being annoying now. I'm over it at this point."

At that moment, however, the bell rings for the cars to turn on, and the ride bursts into motion. Out of nowhere, Mark grabs the wheel, laughing maniacally, and steers us wildly around. Not seeing where he was going is just an advantage, because we smashed into literally anyone within a five foot radius. This just happened to include Damian, who was steering his car around with a scowl painting his face. His expression when Mark hit him head-on was priceless. (A/N: I went to Knotts Berry Farm after I wrote this and I went on the bumper cars with my mom... I told her I was gonna drive with my eyes closed 😂 It went interestingly 😂)

When the ride ended, I was laughing so hard that I nearly couldn't get out of the car. (A/N: Me too 😆) I didn't even mind that I hadn't gotten to drive the car at all, riding with Mark had been so fun. It made me think of a song, Champion Remix by Fall Out Boy and RM. One of the lines had said "What's wrong with the life of a passenger?"

Ah. I get you now. Being a passenger in the car was pretty fun. I highly doubt I would've had that much fun driving. That's totally going to be my motto now. I laugh at my own thoughts.

My train of though, however, was interrupted by Damian's appearance.

"Hey, why don't you watch where you're going next time? Oh, wait, sorry, you can't." His eyes flash angrily, but he has a hard smirk on his face.

"Come on, Mark," I say, shooting Damian an angry look. "Let's get away from this loser."

Mark nods, but suddenly Damian grabs the collar of my shirt, pulling me towards him. I yelp in pain as he tightens his grip, the collar of my shirt digging into my back and neck.

"What'd you call me, you little-" I hear a sharp sound, and Damian drops me, shocked. I'm just as shocked, looking up at him from the pier's wooden floor. Damian reaches up to touch his cheek, where a red mark remains from Mark's hand.

Mark just slapped him across the face. Oh no, is all I can think before Damian turns around, slowly, an expression of pure rage on his face.

"Mark!" I shout, and without even realising what I'm doing, I jump up, grabbing Damian's shirt and restraining him the best I can. "Go! Get away! Mark, go!"

Mark, the little idiot, doesn't listen to me, instead walking closer to Damian. Then he does the unthinkable. He reaches out, and somehow his hand grabs Damian's collar. I don't know where the accuracy came from, maybe it was just luck, but Mark pulls Damian towards him.

"Listen to me, you little punk. You touch my sister again, you'll get worse than a slap to the face. Get away from her, now." He drops Damian, who is in total shock, and then reaches out, putting his arm around my shoulders and pulling me along.

I recover from my shock a few moments later as we walk by a row of game booths, the light from the setting sun illuminating everything in a warm orange light.

   "Mark! Holy potatoes!" I hug him. "You are amazing!"

   Mark just laughs. "I just needed to protect my little sister," he says, ruffling my hair a bit. Standing there, with his red bow tie and green TMNT shirt, illuminated by the sunset, I wonder how I ever tried to look farther than him for a superhero. My brother was the best hero I could ask for. (A/N: *holds up giant sign that says AWW*)

   "My hero," I say, still hugging him. (A/N: *imagines fanart that will be made of this moment*) Mark just laughs again.

Suddenly, the moment is stolen from me as I hear a booming crash. I pull away from him, looking around. Looking over to the left, I see that a game booth had s been completely overturned, luckily one of the unoccupied ones. People are running away, screaming, and I quickly see what the source of the commotion is.

A car is barrelling through the pier, knocking over booths and basically making a mess of everything. How it got here I don't know, but then I feel a sense of dread grip my heart as I realise something.

It's our car, and Damian is driving. (A/N: you're welcome JediFlashDemigod 😂)

I have no idea what he thinks he's doing as he destroys another booth, wrecking our car in the process, but I need to stop it before someone gets injured, or worse. I rush over, leaving Mark behind reluctantly, and start waving my arms, trying to get Damian to see some sense and stop the car. Unfortunately, he just continues wrecking the pier. Then the car turns towards me, and I see it coming, too fast.

I can't move, I'm frozen in fear, can't jump out of the way. My only thought is I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die!

Someone tackles me, and the car rushes past us, smashing the entrance to one of the rides. The person quickly gets off of me, and I sit up and look over to see who saved my life.

"What- Rylan?"

Rylan looks like he's seen a ghost. His hazel eyes are wide open, his dusty brown hair in a messy floof. He's also turned white as a sheet, and he looks at me like I'm the ghost he saw.

He stutters, then jumps at me, shouting my name. "Oh my God! You could've died! Oh my God!" He's hugging me, and I squeak "too tight." He let's go quickly. "Sorry!"

"S'okay," I gasp. "Where did you come from?"

"I've been here," he replies. "I just happened to be passing by when the car... Oh God, Skylar, you could've just died!"

   "Yeah," I say, thinking it wouldn't have been the first time I've had my life flash before my eyes. "T-thank you."

"No- no problem," he says.

"We have to figure out a way to stop him," I say, turning back to the car, where, Damian is still wrecking everything.

"You know this guy?"

"Oh yeah. Childhood friend turned enemy."

"Oof," Rylan says, clearly still shaken. I can't say I blame him. Damian is out of control. Sure, he's attacked me before, but he's never gone so far as to make an attempt on my life.

"What do we do?" I have no idea how to stop this.

   Rylan is about to respond when suddenly, our problem gets a whole lot worse. I don't know if monsters are attracted to chaos or something, but out of seemingly nowhere, a dragon plummets from the sky. And not a cute little dragon like you'd see in a fairytale or a cartoon. A beast straight out of a nightmare, with flashing iron talons and fangs, razor sharp spines running the length of its body, a writhing tail covered in more spines, and glowing, pupiless (idk if that's a word or not) red eyes. Ragged, batlike wings are tucked to its sides. The thing is diving towards the car, too fast.

   Damian is dead if he doesn't get out, right now.

   Then, everything in the next few moments happens too fast for me to register.

   I see a flash of black racing towards the car from the ground, hear the sound of breaking glass, see a huge explosion as the dragon collides with our car. I am shocked. I never really liked Damian, even hated him as I got older, but I'd never wished him dead. I knew, however, no one would've survived that explosion.

   However, I see Damian when the explosion clears, unconscious but seemingly unharmed. Jaime is standing next to him, bladed staff in hand. I don't see the dragon, but somehow I suspect it was more explosion proof than it is letting on. It isn't gone for good, wherever it went.

   I feel myself going dizzy. Too much is happening right now. My brain can't process it. I turn to Rylan, leaning on his shoulder to keep from falling over. He steadies me, and I manage to collect my thoughts and stand upright.

   "You guys okay?" I hear a new but familiar voice ask. Jaime stands next to us, dragging Damian along behind him.

   "I- I guess," I say. I see my parents and the Piarchs rushing towards me, and sigh in relief when I see Mark and Alyssa with them. Then, in spite of myself, I feel overwhelmed, and my vision begins to go black. The last thing I remember is falling, someone catching me.

   Then everything goes black.

...

Hello
Well I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter. I mean it started off good, but the end... meh. I hope you all liked it 😂
Well, I just want to say here that no one has responded to my OC contest in my book Just a Little Author. Idk if anyone is actually interested, but I'm extending the deadline to enter by another month. Head over to Just a Little Author for more details!
Alright, enough self promotion 😂
Goodnight fellow humans! I hope you have a great night, and as always, I'll see you all in the next chapter.
Byyeeee!
~ MineCat57

*mic drop*

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

304 25 18
Living in an asylum for the past 5 years isn't easy. You can't get mad, forced to take pills, forget your emotions and only focus on "getting better...
395K 12K 51
UNEDITED/poorly written when I was younger (needs severe editing) "Becky, I'm scared! Someone's following me and I don't think I can make it home! Pl...
17 0 6
A girl from our world wakes up in the Supernatural universe. How she got there, or why, and why she has access to everything from her world, she has...