inmates

By thatsshitwritingdude

Life's not been too great for Sam. His dad left when he was 9, his family's broke, and he's not exactly the... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty

chapter ten

2.6K 80 7
By thatsshitwritingdude

Hey so it's still technically Friday even though it's midnight in an hour but whatever lmao (soz for being slow on updating I just forgot to proof read)

Also if you get confused, the first part of this chapter is Sam's dream and doesn't actually happen lol - don't laugh at my attempt at slight gore okay it sucks and i know it.

Like always, votes and comments are really appreciated, and tell me if you see any grammar/spelling mistakes and I'll change them.

Enjoy!

----------

Sam's eyes flew open. He was... in a house?
He brought a shaking hand up to his head, noticing it was coated in blood. His other hand held the source - a dripping red knife.

Shocked, he lifted his gaze to the room he was in. It was the house he and Nathan had broken into all those months ago. He attempted to turn around and check the rest of his surroundings, but his body felt stiff like he wasn't in control.

Then he was moving.
Up the stairs.

It was almost as if his body was moving on autopilot and all he was able to do was sit back and enjoy the show. Although he wasn't enjoying it in the slightest.

His legs took him to a door - the woman's room. The one who he had pushed and watched as she fell. And he saw the same woman in there, face stained with the same fear only this time she was cowering on the floor.

Over her stood... himself. He watched himself standing hunched over opposite to her. He- his double?- was holding the same knife that Sam had in his own hand.

Then other Sam was bringing the knife up, and Sam knew what was about to happen. He reached out, however his arms were both steel at his sides. He stayed fixed in his spot, unable to move. He watched himself in shock horror as he brought the knife down onto-into-the woman's chest, her screaming and writhing all the while. Blood spurted everywhere, staining the white sheets on the bed next to them. The sight was gut-wrenching.

The woman seemed to notice him stood in the doorway and reached out a stained red hand, her voice a mere panicked whisper, matching her maddened eyes.
"Help".

Sam was powerless, only being able to watch as other him gave the final blow with the knife and the woman's fear ridden eyes slipped shut. Sam could sense the hot tears streaming out of his own eyes.

He tried to call out.I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Although nothing was able to spill from his frozen lips.

Other him turned round and gave him a sickening grin, face splashed with red. He threw his head back and laughed manically before looking Sam dead in the eye and spitting out a single, vile word.

"Monster".

-

He shot up in bed, breathing heavily and shaking his head. He sniffed and notice actual tears running down his cheeks and dripping onto the duvet and he wiped them away with the back of his shaking hand.

Just a nightmare.

He took a minute to calm himself down, shaking the memory of the woman and his own tainted face.

Just a nightmare.

Wait...bed?

He looked around, more than a tad freaked out. The last thing he remembered he was in the car with Noah. Wait-Noah. He looked around and noticed said boys silhouette in the double bed next to him, still passed out.

He let out a sigh of relief. The room was still dark and he figured he'd just worry about exactly where he was in the morning.

He flopped back down onto his back, only to notice that the back of his shirt was damp with sweat and clinging to him. He grimaced and decided to find a toilet and freshen up. If they were in some sort of bedroom, there should be an ensuite, right?

He sat up again and swung his legs over the edge of the bed, feeling a carpet under his still socked feet. He peeled off the sweat damped shirt and dropped it on the floor next to the bed before stretching out and standing up.

He took a step, only to trip on something and crash to the floor with a grunt. He heard shuffling on the bed and a lamp switch on. Colour flooded the room, as did Noah's voice.

"Who's there- oh, Sam" he chuckled.

Sam mumbled something incoherent into the carpet -now knowing it was a dull coral colour- before sitting up and rubbing his forehead.

"What are you doing?" Noah questioned, yawning and rubbing his eyes.
Sam raised an eyebrow. Wasn't his current situation obvious?

"I tripped, on-" he looked down and noticed the source of his fall - a pair of oversized trackies that he was wearing for some reason "these!" He gestured with his hands.

Noah laughed.
"And why are you shirtless, may I also add?"

Sam flushed and groaned, burying his face in his palms.
He looked back up again, facing Noah.

"I was too hot?"

Noah shrugged and went along with his excuse then patted the empty space next to him.
"What are you doing, anyway? Come back to bed"

Sam stood and hiked the trackies up, tying the strings a few times in an attempt for them not to fall down again.
"Needed the toilet - and why am I even wearing these?"

Noah laid back down on the bed, pulling the duvet up to his chin.
"You were alseep and I figured you wouldn't want to sleep in your jeans, so, like the nice guy I am I changed you. I forgot your bags in the car and couldn't be asked to go back out and get them so I just fished the first pair of bottoms out my bag".

Sam nodded, ignoring most of what Noah had just said so he didn't blush at the fact that Noah had changed him. While he was bloody asleep.
"Alright.. then".
Noah yawned, rolling over and facing him.
"I had to carry you up here, it's a good thing you're light as fuck" he grinned sleepily "now hurry up and piss so I can turn the damn lamp off".

Sam nodded again and found that the room did, in fact, have an (albeit grubby and disgusting) ensuite and actually did pee. He then washed his hands and splashed some water on his face before going back out again, finding Noah half asleep already.

He climbed back into the bed, pulling the duvet over him and shivering slightly. Now he was bloody cold.
Noah switched the lamp off and scooted closer, probably sensing his shivering.

Sam grinned in the dark and wrapped an arm around Noah, Noah doing the same around him.
He let out a small sigh before drifting off again, his nightmare from earlier no longer plaguing his thoughts.

------

When Sam woke up for the second time (much more refreshed than before) it was to the sound of a shower starting. He turned and saw Noah no longer occupying the space next to him, meaning that's who was using it.

He sat up and stretched out, actually taking in his surroundings this time. They were in an inn of some sort, he knew that much. He was on a double bed with a dark red patterned duvet. The walls were a pale shade of yellow and the wallpaper was starting to peel slightly. The stained curtains were also a deep red, although they were now opened revealing that they were still in the countryside, showing a stretch of greenery outside.

Opposite the bed was a set of draws with a yellow lamp on it. Above the draws was a mirror, showing Sam currently sat on the bed. He pulled a face of slight disgust as he could see from even that distance that his hair was slightly greasy, and he made a mental note to use the shower after Noah.

On either side of the bed there were bedside tables, the one on Noah's side of the bed also had a yellow lamp on.

Overall, the room was pretty grubby and shitty.

He saw the few bags that Noah had managed to carry up with him (sitting on the floor at the end of the bed), noticing that one of them was the one from his house containing the stuff they had taken from the prison with them.

He crawled and reached out for it over the side of the bed (because standing up would just be too much effort) and grabbed it, pulling it back onto the bed with him. He rummaged through it and found the couple photos he had taken with him.

He took one out and looked at it, smiling fondly. It was of him when he was about 9 or 10, holding his baby siblings, one in each of his tiny arms, and grinning from ear to ear. Although when you looked closer you could see the bags under his eyes from having to help his mum out with looking after them. He had always managed to stay optimistic, though.

He was about to put the picture back when the ensuite's door flew open, revealing Noah who was towel drying his hair, with another towel hanging dangerously low around his hips. Sam looked up, acknowledging him briefly before looking back down at the photos.

What he didn't expect, however, was for Noah to swipe the photo from his hand.

"Wh-hey!" He sputtered, tilting his head towards him.

Noah grinned as he examined the picture before barking out a laugh.
"Is this you? You were so...blond!"
Sam hid his face in his palms, attempting to somewhat mask his embarrassment.

"You're so annoying" he mumbled out, the words being muffled further by his hands, before looking back up again.
Noah grinned broadly, wiping a fake tear from his eye.
"Blond but cute" he shrugged, tossing the photo back down on the bed.

Sam scoffed, watching as Noah sat on the bed, looking at the few pictures that were scattered across the sheets.
"What else you got?"

Sam adverted his eyes, willing himself not to flush.
"How about you actually get dressed first?"
Noah leant back on his hands, a smirk spreading across his face.

"Where's the fun in that?"
Sam looked up and gave him the 'oh my god are you actually being serious right now' look and Noah just laughed before standing up and picking up his bag, rummaging through it and taking out some clothes.

"Guess I'll have to make you blush some other time, then" he shrugged nonchalantly before heading back into the bathroom to get changed.
Sam flopped back onto the bed, rolling over and burring his face in his pillow, sighing loudly.

When Noah was finally dressed (in a simple tee and dark skinny jeans) and the smirk on his face was gradually getting smaller, Sam decided to shower himself as he was... pretty damn grubby.

------

The two of them hit the road again, but decided to lay low for a while and wait for their case to go cold.

"How much money do we have?" Sam asked, looking towards Noah. They were currently in the car, driving on yet another soulless road with a stretch of greenery on either side.
"Uhh about 200 quid. I couldn't take too much from the girls'"
Sam nodded, turning back and facing the dull road.

"We'll just have to buy essentials and sleep in the car for a while" Noah shrugged "then when we're completely fuckin' broke we'll pull a job"
Sam cringed at the thought but nodded again.

He knew they had to get money somehow, and it's not like they could just get a job. As long as they weren't hurting anybody, he could (and would have to) be okay with it.

Sam sighed and leant back in his seat, bringing his feet up and planting them on the dashboard.

Noah faced his direction for a second before facing the road again.
"Wanna play eye-spy?"

Sam laughed at that, but said yes.
"Not like we're gonna see fuckall, though"

Noah tutted,
"nonsense!" And led off the game.

And that was how their next couple of hours went.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

724K 22.4K 32
Prison Diaries: Book 1 (complete) A law-abiding student gets entangled with a broody inmate when she discovers there has been a miscarriage of justic...
497K 4.7K 14
To crave safety was one thing. To sleep with a monster to get it? That was something else entirely. ____________________ The bar. Her best friend. T...
1.2K 20 8
18+ ONLY | WARNINGS: smut, alcohol, drugs, explicit language, panic attacks / anxiety, murder, crime, suicide Noah Sebastian x Fem!Reader I was lost...
324K 11K 51
Julian's dream is to become one of the most successful criminal lawyers around, so when a client asks him to venture to The Prison From Hell located...