Cold Water (Dark Niall)

By smileyourepretty

Renee Delilah Parker would describe herself in three words: crazy, ambitious, and fun. She's not your average... More

Summary
1: "I feel like I'm about to throw up in my mouth every time I see him."
2: "He has a brain?"
3: "You're an asshole."
4: "Do you always scream when you wake up?"
5: "Oh please, your ego is bigger than your dick."
6: "You're an idiot, you know that, right?"
7: "You're crazy, I swear to God."
8: "Just stop whining because my head is gonna explode."
9: "Oh shit, I think we might become friends."
10: "Don't flatter yourself."
11: "Asshole."
12: "Don't go around punching walls anymore please."
13: "Did you lose your finger in Zoe's vagina last night?"
14:"I hate it when you're right."
15: "None of my business who you kiss."
16:"Oh wow, you're so full of yourself."
17: "You're afraid of me?"
18: "You don't understand."
19: "Leave me alone."
20: "Fine. Fuck you."
21:"I didn't think you'd stoop so low."
22:"You smell good."
23:"Just friends."
24:"So why are you touching me?"
25: "Oh, baby, someone already did"
26: "Is this a bad idea?"
27:"Do you like flattering yourself?"
28:"Everything about this is extremely illegal."
29: "You're drunk."
30: "I'm neither affectionate nor romantic."
31: "You're always trying to start a fight."
32: "I can fucking smell you. Go away."
33: "You sure?"

Questions and Answers

7.3K 460 258
By smileyourepretty

Hi guys :) As I've said in the last chapter of the book, I gave you 2-3 days time to ask me anything you want to know about the my books, the characters, or myself, and you did :)

For those who don't know, here are the abbreviations: TDB (Teenage Dirtbag), TOTGA (The One That Got Away), BIAS (Baby I'm A Sinner), CW (Cold Water). So here are the questions and my answers:

1. How did you discover wattpad and your writing skills?

I used to write One Direction fanfiction since I knew about 1D. I actually have stacks of notebooks at home where I wrote my first (horrible) 1D fanfics on paper, with pen and everything. I think it was in 2011, before 'One Thing' came out. Then I came over the site 'onedirectionfanfiction', where I published the story 'Fuck Life' about myself (cringe), and the sequel, my name on the site being 'myonedirection'. Then, I came to Tumblr because everyone did, and after gathering a small number of readers thanks to 'Between Love and Hate', I decide to write a Niall story. And then everyone was talking about Wattpad so I thought 'why not'? And that's how I discovered Wattpad.

I knew I loved writing since I was 10, when I wrote all kinds of stories. I went through a box of my old stuff a few months ago and discovered about 25 'books' I've written since I was 10 :))

2. Where do you find your inspiration?

I find my inspiration everywhere around me to be honest. Movies, books, songs, people...basically, the world is my inspiration.

3. How do you find motivation to write?

My number 1 motivation right now are the readers. They always interact with me and post funny comments and tweets, and they're the best, so they motivate me to write for them. Making them happy with my writing will always be my nr.1 motivation and I thank them for it. But I'm also motivated by the fact that I want my thoughts and ideas to be written down, although I don't really know how to explain it

4. What are some things you do when you have writer's block?

I never panic when I have writer's block, because I know I'll eventually get an idea. It may come in a month or a day, but it eventually comes. Usually, if I really want to write a chapter but I don't feel like I have enough ideas, I read or watch movies or anything like that, because I know that my imagination will come soon enough.

5. Do you prefer writing Reyall or Larry ff?

I love writing Reyall/Larry equally, I can't say that I have a preference. I love writing, and if I have ideas, it's irrelevant what I'm writing about :)

6. Will you write something about Larry or you focusing only on "Reyall" now?

I am currently working on something about Larry, but my main focus is Reyall right now :)

7. Are you planning write some more Larry ff?

Definitely YES

8. Are you having any ideas for your next book? Is there going to be one? About Reyall or Larry maybe?

I do have some ideas that haven't been developed yet. My imagination and creativity will always be limitless, so if anyone asks whether I have any more ideas about a new book, the answer is: I always have more ideas :D

9. When you began writing these reyall stories, did you expect them to get as popular as they did? Or did you know the way your writing was going to be?

I had NO clue that so many people will like my stories, and the feedback I got from Teenage Dirtbag absolutely shocked me. I am so happy and grateful that people enjoy reading what I write, because I enjoy writing more than anything in the world :)

10. What made you write the first reyall story? From where did you get an idea of writing it?

My first Reyall story was 'Teenage Dirtbag', and I actually got the idea while watching Titanic one summer in 2012 or 2013 I think. Then I suddenly got the urge to write something similar, about a summer romance with a sad ending. I knew I wanted to write about Niall (because I've always been a Niall girl) because I was OBSESSED :)) And somehow, I thought about making it about an innocent girl who goes to Mullingar for one summer, and it all escalated from there.

11. Why Niall and Jade (as Rey)? What was your inspiration? That's bc you like 1d and Little Mix or something?

Because I've always been a Niall girl, Niall was going to be the obvious choice for the male character. And as for the female character, I didn't even have a name or a face. So I posted something on Tumblr, and a girl named Renee, who has been reading my fics since my very first one on that fanfiction site, asked me to put her name. So I did. And then I posted something about the 'face' of the female character, and I think it was between Jade Thirlwall, Sky Ferreira and Emma Watson. I am so glad I chose Jade :)

12. How many 1D stories have you written before Reyall?

I just checked my Tumblr, and I actually forgot how many 1d fanfics I've written up until now. I wrote:

'Fuck Life 1&2' - a groupie story basically 'The Seduction Games' - Zayn fanfic (mostly) 'Between Love and Hate' - Harry and Louis 'Undeniable Attraction'-Harry fanfic 'Forbidden Love' - Louis fanfic 'Bad Girls Never Change' - Harry and Louis fanfic

And then came the Niall fanfics, when I was a 1000% Niall girl: "Save Me", "Complicated", "Good Girl Gone Bad", and eventually "Teenage Dirtbag".

So, besides the 1D oneshots I did, I wrote 10 1D fanfics before 'Teenage Dirtbag' started, but I only finished the 'Fuck Life' series, although I really enjoyed writing 'The Seduction Games', 'Between Love and Hate' and 'Complicated'.

13. Are you always 100% happy about what you wrote before you post it?

To be honest, I always think a chapter could have been better and longer, but then you guys give me your feedback and everything is okay :) So no, I'm never 100% happy, but I am happy nevertheless

14. Do you plan the story before you write or you plan it as it goes?

I usually write the summary and some ideas that I want to write about, but 90% of the story is usually written on the spot, and are never planned

15. Where do you get ideas and inspiration for stories and chapter?

From everywhere around me; maybe I see something on Tumblr and decide to develop the idea, for example a quote, or a photo on Weheartit, and decide to post it on the character's Instagram, so I write about it :)

16. How do you create your characters? (Character, personality) Beacuse they are incredible! 😍

I inspire most of my characters from real life, and usually put a little bit of myself in each of them. I also inspire them from my friends and also some friends I wish I had when I was younger, etc.

17. Will there ever be a book of Niall and Rey growing up and life with their kids? Or a book about their kids growing up?

The Epilogue in TOTGA is supposed to be that 'book'. But I can't write about their kids, because I don't think it would be that interesting

18. Why didn't you write anything about Reyall's wedding in the one that got away epilogue?

Because I wanted every single reader to imagine the wedding in their own way :)

19. How did you came up with the plot of Cold Water?

I knew I wanted to write more Reyall, even though I said BIAS was going to be the last one. Some of my readers gave me the idea to switch their roles, to make it different from the other Reyall stories, so I kind of followed that idea. And then Cold Water just...started.

20. What gave you the inspiration for 'Cold Water'? When you were naming Cold Water did you know/plan about the cold water scene?

I named it Cold Water because I absolutely love Justin Bieber's song, and what the lyrics mean. The lyrics were exactly what I wanted the book and the relationships between the main characters to be about. I never planned any 'cold water' scene, I just liked the title, but some ideas on how to put the title in the actual story came to me along the way. And I still haven't written every single 'Cold Water' scene I had in mind, but there are more to come :)

21. Are the characters a little inspired on you or your friends?

Some of them yes :)

22. I'm always curious how do you make those chapter so interesting, are you planning every scene before writing the chapter?

I have a 'Word' document called 'plot', in which I write down every single idea that comes to mind whenever, and then I use them when I feel like they could fit into the story.

Also, whenever I finish a chapter, I write a few ideas down for the next chapter, but most of the time I end up going a different way, because it's unpredictable, even for me. For example, the scene with Niall's father in Rey's house came to me five minutes before I actually started to write the actual scene.

Here's a sample of my 'plot' document:

23. Do you already have exact plans for the rest of Cold Water chapters?

No, I don't even know what's going to happen in chapter 20, but I as soon as I start writing, I don't stop and new ideas come to mind

24. Do you make notes about all characters so you can remember what are they like etc? Cause there were so many of them in TDB for example

Yes, before I start a new story, I list all the characters that are relevant in the book and give them two or three characteristics, but I develop them as I write. I have a really good memory, so the characteristics I give them before writing end up being useless anyway. I can imagine everything I write in my head, so that's why I don't really need to write things down. But here is an example of my 'character ideas' that I write before starting to write the first chapter:

25. Do u have any 'plan' how to end/continue the story? Or u just write. . Write. . Write ?

I just write write write

26. I've loved all your fanfics but didn't you say baby I'm a sinner was your last reyall book to do ?

Yes, but letting go of the characters and the fact that I have so many ideas, was hard to do. And the readers wanted more :)

27. When is the closest date when rey & niall will finally get along? (not together, but just when will they talk the things out without one of them fucking things up)

I have no idea, but I hope you guys still have patience :) big things are coming

28. When Niall and Rey are going to fuck??

They already did, but hm...some hate sex is not out of the guestion. Would you guys be interested ?

29. Do you already know how cold water will end or are you not sure yet?

I have no idea how it will end, but all I know is that I don't want it to end yet. I love writing about it way too much.

30. Is Cold Water going to have happy end?

I haven't decided yet.

31. What is your favourite chapter of cold water?

I don't think I've written my favorite chapter yet. It's going to be written :) I can always do better, that's what I tell myself

32. How long is the book (Cold Water) going to be? :) How many chapters will there be?

There are definitely going to be at least 30 chapters because I have a lot of ideas that I definitely need to put in the book. I hope people don't mind :)

33. Which chapter or moment from TDB do you like the most/ are you the most proud of?

My favorite chapter of TDB is the last one, because it's cute and emotional

34. What's your fav chapter of cold water, teenage dirtbag and the one that got away?

I talked about CW and TDB, but as for TOTGA, I think the Epilogue was my favorite to write about, I don't know why :)) I can't say too much about the rest, in case I spoil it for someone :))

35. If you could choose to be Rey from one of your Reyall fanfictions, which one would you choose?

My favorite Rey would definitely be the one in BIAS I think, but I don't know why. Although I think she's pretty similar to the one in CW

36. Do you have your fav Reyall fanfiction? :)

I loved writing them all, but my favorite is TDB, because that's how it all started. And my favorite one to write about? I don't know, I hope the next one? *wink*

37. Which Rey is the most like you? If you had to choose one "version" of her (totga, bias, cw, tdb) which one is the most similar to you?

All of the Rey's are a part of me, because I related to them and put a big part of myself into them when I wrote about her. So, each Rey was like me at the time of writing, and as the character developed, I developed along with it.

38. What is you favorite Reyall moment out of all your stories?

I like to think that I haven't written about it yet :) but up until now, I loved the Cold Water scene

39. Is Cold Water going to be your last Niall fanfic?

I don't think so.

40. Do you think you'll create another ff with Reyall/ sequel to this one, or will it be the last one?

If people are still interested by the time I finish Cold Water, I will write 100000 more Reyall stories, because I have endless ideas :)

41. Will you consider coming to Poland as you're so near now? x

Maybe one day yes :)

42. Are you planning second part of cold water or will there be a completely different story next? Or you don't plan on writing any more fanfictions?

I am not going to stop writing fanfictions. I love writing in general, so I'll never stop writing :) I have a lot of ideas, so whether it's a new story or the sequel to Cold Water, we'll see :)

-----

Guys, thank you so much for the questions you sent me! I hope I cleared some things up x See you in a few days, when the next chapter will be posted!

xoxo,

Ronnie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 377 67
If anyone knows what challenges are like, that would be Harry and Louis. After Harry's big fight and getting badly hurt, He had to go through a lot o...
234K 7.9K 52
This is my story to tell and I am going to tell it. This story is about a boy, he was so broken before he met the loves of his live. Louis William To...
40.4K 959 39
If you're gonna hate like everyone else, Fuck off and stop reading now. A few years back sweet Niall 'came out of the closet' if that's what you want...
271K 8K 23
WARNINGS: SEXUAL CONTENT, DRUG USE, LANGUAGE, ABUSE, SELF HARM AND EATING DISORDER. This was published in 2011 on onedirectionfanfiction.com, and I...