No Ordinary Field Trip

By WinterWolf-99

Danny is now the prince of the Ghost Zone, turn king when he is eighteen. White will be the next king of the... More

Chapter One: How Heroes Start The Day
Chapter 2: I Hate Field Trips
Chapter 3: The Team
Chapter 4: Welcome To The Ghost Zone
Chapter 5: That's Against The Rules
Chapter 6: Blood Blossom Barrage
Chapter 7: Frozen Friend
Chapter 8: Late
Chapter 9: At The Castle
Chapter 10: A Concert Like No Other Part 1
Chapter 11: A Concert Like No Other Part 2
Chapter 12: Confrontation
Chapter 13: Memories
Chapter 14: Wulf
Chapter 15: Phantom's Keep
Chapter 16: Party Like A Monster
Chapter 17: DADDY?
Chapter 18: Angry, Singing, Siren
Chapter 19: Shot By Cupid's Arrow
Chapter 20: The Incident
Chapter 21: A-List Issues
Chapter 23: Bat Glares Are Inherited
Chapter 24: Another Verbal Beatdown
Chapter 25: Twins Of War
Chapter 26: Never Anger A Phantom
Chapter 27: Why Nightwing Is The Best At Hacking
Chapter 28: This Is Me
Tag

Chapter 22: The Bat Family Gets Bigger

4.6K 143 109
By WinterWolf-99

(Please tell me that someone else besides me finds this to be one of the most adorable pictures in the world.)

           ''Where could those two possibly have gone,'' Conner asked Aqualad.

           ''Considering Danny's a ghost and can literally walk through walls, who knows,'' Kaldur says. ''We should just be happy that they left together, or something would have been blown up by now.''

            ''I can not believe the nerves of those two maniacs,'' Conner sneered. ''Not only do they neglect their kids and hunt their hero alter egos, but they just have to be homophobic to top it off. If Phantom would let me, i'd rip their heads off without a second thought and not even feel bad about it afterwords.''

           ''Maybe he just doesn't want them to come back as ghosts and annoy them for all eternity,'' Kaldur snickered.

             ''Did you just make a joke,'' Conner raised his eyebrow. ''Stern and serious Aqualad just made a joke.''

             ''I've been spending a lot much time with White,'' he smiled. ''Also, you can call him Danny now, as you know their identities.''

             ''Old habits die hard,'' Conner shrugged. ''But where could they be?''

              The two suddenly heard someone shouting. And from what they could hear, that person was yelling in Greek.

             ''This is just a guess, but i'd say over there,'' Kaldur says.

              As they got closer to the yelling, they ended up in the Phantom's Keep gardens. Tall rose bushes mixed with orchids, lilies, baby blue eyes, amaryllis, and snowdrops. There were also a good number of statues of magical creatures. They found the twins by the center, at a beautiful white and silver fountain spewing crystal blue waters. And boy was White mad.

            ''Pós tolmoún. Den échoun kanéna dikaíoma na miláne gia tous anthrópous mas. Kai prosválloun ti Nyx ótan ítan ekeínoi pou tin skótosan. Tha fonáxo méchri na ekragoún ta kefália tous,'' he ranted. Translation- How dare they. They have no right to talk about our people like that. And insulting Nyx when they were the ones that killed her. I will scream until their heads explode.

             ''I don't think I've heard him rant this much since the Box Ghost stole Pandora's Box,'' Conner sweat-dropped.

             ''That... was a scary day,'' Kaldur admitted.

             Everyone knew never to anger White when it came to Greek mythology. He is a siren, a creature born of Greek origin, so he takes those types of myths to heart. And don't even get me started on if someone were to mention the insulting myth that says sirens use their hypnotic song to lure sailors to their deaths, by being eaten by them. Bringing that one up would have him ranting for hours about 'incompetent humans that can't get myths right to save their lives.'

            The two teen heroes went over to their boyfriends. Superboy sat next to Danny.

           ''How long,'' he asked.

             Danny pretended to look at a watch on his wrist, even though there wasn't one.

            ''About ten minutes and still going strong,'' Danny answered. ''Though, first three minutes had a lot of cursing and swearing in Greek. It was enough to make even Pariah Dark blush.''

             ''Yicks,'' Conner swore.

             ''What can you do,'' Danny shrugged. ''The boy's letting out sixteen years worth of rage in a,'' checks non-existent watch again, ''eleven minute rant.''

              ''Ten bucks says that Kaldur stops him with a kiss,'' Conner smirked.

               ''That's a fool's bet, and you know it,'' Danny said, then seeing that after the words left his mouth that the two did kiss. ''Told you so.''

              The other two heroes got out of their kiss.

             ''Feel better now,'' Kaldur asked.

              ''Are the Fentons still breathing,'' White asked.

              ''I'm not even going to answer that,'' Kaldur said.

               ''Smart boy,'' Danny commented.

              ''Are you two alright,'' Kaldur asked them.

             Danny looked at his hands, in his lap. Danny knew he had to put on his sarcastic  and witty face to help keep his brother in check. They were both angry, but Nyx is a subject you just don't touch when it comes to White. Sirens are one of the few magical kinds that are all siblings. All sirens are brothers and sisters. When Nyx was killed, White lost a part of his family. And he's been angry ever since.

          ''I can't even begin to answer that,'' White started ranting again. ''Those two... AHHH. I want to ring their necks, throw them into a werewolf den during the full moon, then let their ghosts rot in the worst part of Walker's prison. And i'd do it with a smile on my face.''

           ''You are one scary siren, sometimes,'' Danny remarked, earning a glare from his twin.

           ''How do you stay so sarcastic,'' Conner asked him. ''They cut you open, experimented on you and made your brother watch. Shouldn't you be on a warpath along with White.''

             ''I'm used to having to keep my anger in check,'' Danny explained. ''Especially after Pariah Dark and Dan Phantom. The last thing I want is to turn into a homicidal tyrant, like Dark, or a psychotic maniac, like Dan. Anger would be one of the main factors in becoming either of them.''

              The two heroes looked at White. He held his hands up in a ''don't look at me'' way.

             ''I've tried to tell him that he won't turn into them,'' he says. ''Everyone's allowed to lose it every once in a while. And considering the constant stress we're under, he deserves it way more than most.''

             ''You might be protective of White, Danny, but it seems that I got the smart twin,'' Kaldur said, putting his arm around White's waist.

             ''I just want them out of my kingdom,'' Danny growled, Superboy taking his hand. ''They believe that just because they are human means that they are above our kinds. If anything, humans are below us. Not like they could ever defend themselves against us if we ever do go to war with them.''

             ''Not that we ever will,'' White quickly put in, seeing the looks on their boyfriend's faces.

             ''So, will you two be okay,'' Kaldur asked them.

              ''We'll be fine,'' Danny assured. ''But after this field trip's over, i'm gonna collapse onto my bed and take a much needed nap.''

              ''Hey, little brothers,'' they heard Nightwing call.

              The four looked over and saw the former Boy Wonder running toward them. He had a file in his hands.

              ''Hey, big brother,'' White greeted. ''What's that?''

              ''Me and Batman have been looking for these papers for the past three years, ever since we found you two,'' Dick says. ''And after today, I thought it would be the best time to give them to you.''

              He handed over the file to the twins. White and Danny lean in close as they opened the folder. Inside were... papers? They looked confusingly at each other, then read them. Their jaws dropped, both getting tears in their eyes. They read again just to make sure. They looked at their brother in awe.

           ''Happy birthday, you two,'' he smiled.

             There was a thud. Both of the twins had fainted.

            ''I think they took that rather well,'' Dick said, making the two others face-palm.

             Aqualad picked up the folder and looked inside. His jaw could have hit the floor.

            ''By Atlantis,'' he swore.

             Inside the folder was adoption papers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 16 5
Jane is a strange half ghost girl that come out of the ghost portal. The very same fay Danny gets his ghost powers. To his surprises she was just lik...
31.5K 739 16
After the class of Mr Lancer, Jack, Maddie and Vlad went inside Danny's mind, Danny ran away to protect his family and friends. Now on the run from T...
2.8K 113 8
Danny Fenton has spent 2 years as Phantom before landing on the Justice League's radar. Specifically, Batman's. Now he has to deal with the recently...
222K 7.3K 82
Separated from their brother, Dick, when they were six, White and Danny never knew that the Fentons had kidnapped them. But when you're a ghost boy a...