His Dead Mate

Від MommaShifter

Drunk driving is a big problem in the world. One wrong decision can possibly end someone's life. That's what... Більше

Prologue
Chapter 1: A Miracle Is Happening
Chapter 2: My First Demon
Chapter 3: Invading Dreams
Chapter 4: The Possibilities
Chapter 5: Patrol
Chapter 6: Take A Rest
Instagram
Chapter 7: The Group Of Boys
Chapter 8: Saving The Wolves
Chapter 9: Weird Vibes
Chapter 10: Oh Crap
Chapter 11: I'm Sorry Haley
Chapter 12: Alone With Him
Author's Note
Chapter 13: The Hotel
Chapter 14: Surprise Visitor
Links
Chapter 15: The Secret Is Out
BOOK LAUNCH
Chapter 16: Date Night Gets Ruined
Chapter 17: The Prisoner
Happy Thanksgiving
Chapter 18: Kidnapped
Chapter 19: Reunion
Epilogue

Chapter 20: The War

15.1K 738 163
Від MommaShifter

This will be the last chapter, excluding the epilogue haha. I'm sad to see this book end, but I loved writing it. It was so much fun and so different from my other books. I love reading all the comments from you guys. It really makes my day and it reminds me why I write in the first place. Thank you so much for all the comments, votes, and the reads. I love them!!

Anywhore...on with this story!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Kasey

All the angels grabbed their weapons and went into formation.

"Are you ready?" Max asked as he continued to sharpen his dagger.

I nodded. "More than I will ever be. I'm getting Haley back if it's the last thing I do."

"Kasey." Max sighed.

"Don't." I snapped.

"What if she isn't alive."

"I said don't!" I yelled as I pointed my dagger at him. "She is alive. I know it."

"Max is right." Kenword sighed sadly. "The odds of her being alive is very slim. You have to prepare for the worse kid."

I scoffed. "I have faith that she is alive and I'm not going to let that go."

I stuffed my dagger into the pouch and stormed off. Who do they think they are? Saying that about Haley.

I sighed as I got into formation. They are probably right though. Lucifer isn't the type to be merciful and kind. The odds of her still being alive are very slim.

I shook my head. What are you thinking Kasey? Haley is strong, she's a fighter. She has to be alive.

"Are you all ready?" The general shouted.

"Yes sir!" Everyone, including me, replied.

"You all need to be careful. This isn't our normal fight. This is a war. Some will fall, but they will fall fighting for God. And that is the best way to go. Have faith and hold onto it. God is with us and we have each other. We will not be alone in this fight. Watch out for your brothers and sisters and fight as hard as you can." The general said sternly before he put a small smile on his face. "God is proud of all of you."

All the angels hollered as they put their swords in the air.

"Now." The general said he stood straight. "Are you ready to win this war?"

The angels hollered again and stretched their wings out.

"Now let's go kick some demon ass!" He shouted as he ran out of the building and jumped down from the clouds.

The rest of us followed and we pulled our wings in so we could go faster as we shot down to earth.

"Go to your sections!" The general yelled.

"Yes sir!" We yelled back. All the angels got into their groups and turned in different directions.

"Kasey let's go!" Max yelled.

I nodded and brought my wings back out as we made a sharp turn.

A bunch of other angels and I followed Max as we flew to our section. Luckily the general gave me the section that holds Zale's pack. And boy, was explaining that you have a werewolf mate to angels was not easy. Even though they are alright with this, some think that it's not possible. But they don't mind. I was granted permission to go see him whenever I wanted, just as long as I didn't blow my cover or let it get in the way of training. Their one rule was that he or anyone from the pack was not allowed in heaven, well that and everyone in the pack had to keep it a secret. Which is very understandable and I wasn't going to let anyone come up there anyway. They were pleased and said that I have the go-ahead to be with him.

I smiled at the memory but got serious again as we approached Zale's territory. Oddly enough, his pack was so big that his entire territory was its own section.

"Kasey!" Doug shouted.

"Hello." I said politely as we landed.

"Zale is in the hall with some warriors." Doug said as if reading my mind. Then he turned to Max. "We had one demon show up. We took him out, but it was very easy."

"What do you mean?" Max asked.

Doug shrugged. "I don't know Maximus. He didn't even put up a fight."

"That's not right." Max mumbled as he looked over at Kenword who shrugged. "Fine. We'll worry about that later. What we need to worry about is getting this whole section under control. I need angels and wolves to be put surrounding the whole border in every direction. I want them to spread out, but not too far. Everyone needs to have a visual on each other. I don't want anyone to be alone, no matter how skilled they are."

"And everyone needs to have a weapon on them then." Kenword chimed in as Zale and some other wolves ran over to us. "Even the wolves. I know you guys can shift and you are very strong in wolf form, but teeth alone won't do anything to a demon. You have to have silver with you. That is the only way to kill them."

Zale nodded. "We have silver bullets and daggers made out of silver as well."

"Remember. Aim for the heart. Anywhere else will only slow them down." I reminded. "Wait. How can you hold the daggers and the guns?"

"Gloves." Zale smiled as he and some others held their hands up. "We have thick leather gloves. The daggers have a cloth around the handles and the guns are made of a different metal so we can hold them. We just can't touch the bullets or the blades."

I sighed in relief and he came over and hugged me.

"Hey you." Zale laughed.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Break up the love fest." Katelin laughed.

Sonny went to go speak, but a loud growl cut her off.

"What that what I think it was?" Sterling asked as he gulped.

"Get in position!" Max yelled.

I watched the angels flew up and the wolves shifted. Everyone flew and ran to their spots including us.

"Stay close to me." Zale growled as he shifted while running. I nodded and flew faster so I could keep up with him.

Damn, he runs fast.

I heard a scream and I watched as an angel was thrown over my head and slammed into a tree.

I was about to turn around and help him, but Alvar beat me to it.

"Go!" She screamed as she picked him up and flew back to the pack house I assume.

"You fucker." I said to myself as I saw the demon throw another angel. "Hey ugly!"

The demon stopped and turned around to face me just as my fist connected with his face.

He screamed out in pain as he fell backward and I circled back to him. Right as he stood up, my fist connected with his face again.

I watched as his back hit the ground and a couple of wolves jumped on top of him. He shouted as their teeth dug into his shoulder.

"Hold him!" I shouted as the demon struggled to get free.

I grabbed my dagger and flew straight down towards him. Just as I was about to get to him, I felt something hit me.

I landed on the ground and rolled a couple feet. I looked up and saw a demon smirk at me. That little bastard threw a boulder at me!

I growled to myself and picked up my dagger.

The demon that was being held by the wolves got free and threw them off of him.

"Are you guys alright?" I asked as I looked at everyone.

They all nodded and Zale growled at the demons.

I looked up and saw several demons walk out.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me." Kenword mumbled pissed off.

"Hello, children." A demon said as he gave us a toothy grin.

"I think I'm going to throw up." I mumbled.

"Rude." The demon spat.

I rolled my eyes at him and jumped up. I flapped my wings and grabbed my sword.

He hissed in pain and I sliced through his bicep. I flew up to avoid a fist as another demon tried to punch me.

The wolves howled and charged to fight.

"Zale!" I shouted just as a demon tried to step on him.

Zale quickly dodged and jumped forward to bite the demon's foot. The demon tried to kick Zale off, but he held on tight.

I flew down to help him out. While the demon was occupied with Zale, I held my sword tight and aimed straight for his heart. I smiled in victory as my sword pierced his chest and the demon's eyes got huge. He coughed and tried to get the sword out. He was too late and he slowly stopped moving and fell backward into a pile of dust.

"Nicely done." I smiled at Zale. He winked and shot off in another direction to help his fellow members.

We continued to fight for what felt like hours. But as I stabbed another demon in the heart, the rest stopped fighting and took a couple steps back.

I gasped and jumped back as red smoke filled the air.

"What the?" I asked confused as I shielded my face from the harsh wind and the smoke slowly disappeared.

The ground shook and we all tried to keep our balance.

When everything calmed down, there stood a man. A very handsome man might I add. Nice suit, black hair, and piercing red eyes.

"Nice to meet you Kasey." The man smiled and showed off his pearly whites.

I narrowed my eyes at him and Max stepped in front of me.

"Lucifer." Max spat.

Some angels flew towards him with their swords drawn.

Lucifer tsked and shook his head. With a snap of his fingers, I watched shocked as the angels burned in the air. Their ashes flew everywhere.

I gripped my sword harder and I'm pretty sure steam was leaving my ears.

"You do know this can all be avoided." Lucifer smiled as he looked around at all of the angels and wolves. "All you have to do is join my team and your lives will be spared."

"Go to hell!" I shouted.

"Oh, honey. I run that place." He winked at me.

I felt disgusted as his red eyes stared at me.

Zale growled possessively as he ran over to me.

Lucifer smirked. "Mates. So much love flows through you two. I never understood it. But true love is such an unbreakable bond and nothing can destroy that. No matter how hard you try."

Zale growled again as a warning.

Lucifer chuckled and put his hand up. "Calm down mutt. I'm here for a proposition."

"And what could that possibly be?" Kenword asked.

"Come join me!" Lucifer smiled. "Can you imagine? Wolves and angels fighting with me? All the treasures of the world are yours! No more rules. We will control the entire world!"

"I'd rather die than join you." Maximus spat.

Lucifer's face hardened.

Kenword and Maximus charged Lucifer. They brought their swords out and got ready to swing.

Right as they were about to get to Lucifer, he disappeared.

"What?" Maximus asked as he looked around.

"Where did he go?" Kenword shouted as he too looked around.

"Boo." Lucifer laughed as he appeared behind Max.

"No!" I shouted flying towards him as Lucifer grabbed Max's dagger and shoved it into his back.

"Max!" Kenword yelled.

A demon grabbed Max before he got there and threw him back against a tree.

I gasped as I got smacked out of the air and landed on the ground. Every time I moved, I had a shooting pain go through my body.

I finally got enough energy and stood up.

Lucifer chuckled as Max's body fell to the ground. "So be it."

"You sick bastard!" I yelled as tears ran down my face. I ran towards Max's body and Lucifer just laughed as he walked away.

"Thank you darling." All he did was wink at me. "To show how much I want you on my team, I'll give you a little gift to help you consider my offer."

I shielded my face as a gust of wind formed, but I saw Haley fall to the ground.

"Haley!" I shouted as I ran over to her.

She groaned in pain as she tried to hold herself up.

"Stop moving." I whispered as I pulled her to me. I laid her head on my lap. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Until we meet again my dear." Lucifer winked as he disappeared into thin air

I watched as the last of the demons disappeared and the chaos stopped.

"No!" I shouted as I placed Haley softly on the ground and ran over to the spot where Lucifer was standing. "No!"

"Kasey, he's gone." Zale softly said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"No!" I shouted as I pushed him away. "He can't be gone! He killed Max!"

"Kasey!" Alvar shouted as she hugged me. "It's going to be okay."

"No, it won't." I sniffed. "Lucifer will pay."

"Come here." Zale said sadly as he held his arms out.

Alvar let me go and I walked over to Zale. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him. "We'll get him next time."

"This isn't over." I mumbled as I looked over at Max's body on the ground.

I mean it. I will find you Lucifer and I will avenge Maximus' death.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sad....I miss Max.

Until next time my Faithful Shifters.

With much love,

-MommaShifter

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

7K 397 14
True love. Mates. The very backbone of the werewolf species. But what happens when your Alpha mate rejects you? --------- Eden Cross is a Beta wo...
3.6M 79.1K 23
"Beau, stop," I gasped, but I didn't want him to stop. "Amabelle. I am your alpha and your mate. You are mine and only mine. I am yours and only you...
29.7K 510 5
Four generations of war ended the moment he saw her. Alpha Kane has been waiting six years for his mate. Unable to search for her because of the gen...
41K 1.2K 63
18 year old Dawn, her 15 year old sister Dusk, and their father live as rogues. After the girl's mother died, their father goes to bars and gets drun...