perfect times β†’ EMMETT CULLEN...

Por dprandall21

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓 π“πˆπŒπ„π’. ❝ time can't stop me from loving you, and death will never keep me away... MΓ‘s

p / t
e p i g r a p h
p r o l o g u e
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
i s s u e
a w a r d s
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
e p i l o g u e
b o n u s
s u r p r i s e !
e x t r a

s e v e n

36.1K 1.2K 255
Por dprandall21

CHAPTER SEVEN
❝ upset me  ❞

AFTER HAYDEN RETURNED home with Bella by her side, she felt better about missing out on a day with her parents. She forgot about it, almost. Paul had lifted her spirits with his promises of tomorrow, and she was happier than ever. Bella was in a grand mood, too, the happiness obvious in her smile.

"How long have you and Edward been together?" Hayden asks, placing a pillow on the sofa in her bedroom for Bella.

When she had gotten back, her Chinese takeout was placed on the bar in the kitchen, and her parents were fast asleep again. She took no hesitation in heating it back up, splitting the food with Bella. Their kitchen talk consisted of how Hayden's first and second days of school went, along with how she met Paul. And after, they resided in Hayden's room, bringing them to the question at hand.

"I'm not really sure," Bella says quietly, placing her previous outfit into her bag. "We got together a while after I moved here, but things got complicated for a couple months."

"I'm sorry," Hayden finds herself saying, taking a seat on the bed. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to complicate things between the two of you?"

"He moved for a bit," she frowns, sinking into the sofa. "It wasn't a very good time for me, and Jake was there to support me. But Edward is back now."

"Bella, did you happen to gain feelings for Jacob in the time that Edward was gone?" The girl asks, raising an eyebrow at the brunette. "You seem really close with him."

"Edward was always the one for me," Bella shrugs, biting the inside of her cheek. "I don't think anyone can change that."

"As long as you're happy," Hayden smiles, tossing a blanket to her.

Hayden was quiet then, the room going comfortably silent. Although she enjoyed the time with Bella, Hayden couldn't sit still. She couldn't stand waiting for an answer, or continuing on with what little Paul had told her. Why had Emmett reacted so negatively earlier?

Bella noticed her flustered face, a small chuckle leaving her lips. "What are you thinking about?"

"Emmett," Hayden admits, placing her chin on her hand. "I don't know, he's just . . . different. And I don't understand him- it's aggravating."

"I'm sure the understanding will come when it needs to," Bella tells her. The pale girl lays down, tucking herself in as she relaxes into the soft cushions.

And for once, Hayden was confident in the words someone else had told her. And so she sunk into the blankets, turning off her lamp, and drifting off to sleep without another word.

---

Bella and Hayden walked alongside each other the next morning, entering the school building with a conversation. Edward waited for the two at Bella's locker, his eyes soft as they landed on his girlfriend. Hayden smiled a bit, glad to see how happy she made him.

"Fun night?" He asks, stepping aside as Bella starts with her combination.

"Of course," she replies, looking to Hayden for a moment. "She knows how to make someone feel welcome, despite being the new one in town."

"We need to hang out more often," Hayden states, then looking to Edward. "I haven't really formally introduced myself, so I think now would be the best time to do that. I'm Hayden, and I just moved into town."

"Bella has told me quite a bit about you," he says, the corner of his lip twitching upward. "And Emmett seems to be fond of you."

Hayden's attention was turned to the floor at his comment, her cheeks tingling bright pink. Bella shook her head with a grin, nudging Edward with her elbow. "He's kidding, Hayden."

"Yeah," the girl murmers. "I'm gonna get to class, I'll see you guys later."

As Hayden waved goodbye to them, Bella grabbed her elbow to stop her.

"Would you want to sit at our lunch table again?" The brunette asked, a hopeful glint in her eyes. "I know the others wouldn't mind it, they all take a liking to you."

Hayden hesitated, looking between the couple. Edward seemed to back her question up, expectant of her answer. She nodded, then began to speak.

"I'll see you at lunch, then," she smiles, turning away to walk down the hallway.

"You're going to scare her off," Bella scolds Edward with a chuckle. "You can't just drop a bomb like that, and expect for the conversation to not get awkward."

"I was just being honest," he shrugged with a small laugh.

---

Hayden sat next to Emmett, not bothering to retrieve her book from her bag. A migraine was working its way into her head, and she felt herself growing dizzy. The girl could only hope she wasn't getting sick already; she had just arrived. And she certainly didn't want to deal with a trip to the doctor.

"Feel bad?" Emmett asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Very," she sighs, burying her face in her hands. "I think I'm getting sick, I was out pretty late at night."

"I heard you and Bella went out," he nods, a bit concerned. "Weren't you supposed to spend the afternoon with your parents?"

"They decided against it," Hayden shakes her head. "So I went out anyway, and spent some time with Bella. I shouldn't have left the house, it was too cold. Hopefully I'm better before school is out."

"And why is that?"

"I'm going out for lunch with a friend," she shrugs, brushing the hair from her face as she sits up. "I just need a little time away from the house. I've been out a lot lately, but every time I go back to the house . . . I feel cramped up, and I hate it."

Emmett only nods, his curiosity getting the best of him. Who would she be going to lunch with? It certainly wasn't Bella, she would be at the Cullen house with Edward.

"Can I ask you a question?" Hayden hesitates, tapping her fingers against the desk as students begin to file in. "Why did you get upset when I mentioned Paul Lahote yesterday?"

Emmett ground his teeth together, sitting back in his seat. But he hid the expression on his face, and shrugged to Hayden. "We just don't get along too well."

"And why is that?" She presses. "He's a sweet guy, I'm sure the two of you could be friends if you got to know each other."

"I'd rather not," he dismisses the question, opening up his book as he changed the topic at hand. "Do you want to borrow my notes again today?"

"I'm sure my grade will be fine if I skip a day of notes," Hayden shakes her head. "Besides, I could copy them some other time if I had to."

As Emmett opened his mouth to reply, their teacher began to talk. Mr. Freeman announced that for the day, the class would only have to worry about copying the notes on the board, along with a few problems from their textbook. Hayden, along with everyone else, was relieved, and felt that she could relax.

Even though this was the first class of the day, it had seemed that the morning had dragged by, and the day was already too long. She debated leaving and going home for the day, or taking a trip to the bookstore. They were the best options, but Hayden didn't want to risk going home all too soon. Paul wouldn't be able to pick her up after school was over.

But what Hayden hadn't realized was that she had drove to school in her car this morning. And because Paul was picking her up, she would have to leave her car in the parking lot, and would have no way of getting to school in the morning. Her parents certainly wouldn't take her, and she wasn't sure if asking would be the best option anyway. The girl didn't want to see her parents at the moment.

"Damn it," she grits her teeth, pulling her phone from her back pocket. But what good would her phone do?

"Something wrong?" Emmett questions, his mesmerizing eyes finding hers.

"I don't have a way to school tomorrow," Hayden groans, running her fingers through her hair. "I'm getting picked up by someone today, and I drove here this morning. I'll have to walk to school in the morning."

"What about your parents?" He suggests. "They could bring you, right?"

"We're not on good terms right now," she murmers, shaking her head. "Why am I so horrible at thinking things through?"

"I could pick you up." Emmett states, quite confident with his idea. "Just give me your address and I'll be there at seven."

"I couldn't ask you to do that," Hayden frowns. "I'll be fine, I can handle walking. It's not that bad of a situation."

"You already have a cold," Emmett rolls his eyes. "Just accept my offer, already. I mean- you don't have to, but I'll be at your house in the morning anyway. You can either ride with me, or . . . ride with me."

He grins, flashing his pearly whites as Hayden narrows her eyes. It was obvious that Emmett enjoyed teasing her, but also cared for her well-being. And, despite being a bit frustrated, Hayden sighs and smiles.

"Whatever. I'll be ready at seven."

And Emmett's smile couldn't have been bigger, or more genuine.

_______

Seguir leyendo

TambiΓ©n te gustarΓ‘n

1.2M 35.2K 13
❝Someday someone is going to look at you with a light in their eyes you've never seen, they'll look at you like you're everything they've been lookin...
326K 7.9K 15
"I fell in love with you because you loved me when I couldn't love myself." Book 1 |Twilight|
117K 1.8K 35
Loyalty can either save you or kill you.
186K 3.9K 23
the run away didn't go looking for love. lower case intended. [book one] *i do not own any of twilight. just my characters and their thoughts*