A Dragon Rider's Element

By Trash_Queen_33

When dark armies and evils of the past awaken in the 21st century, anicent powers choose four new dragon ride... More

Dreams and Dragons ( 1 )
The Egg ( 2 )
One Hit K.O ( 3 )
Sardis ( 4 )
Athena ( 5 )
Alex ( 6 )
Sparing with Ty ( 7 )
Kill it with Fire ( 9 )
Elemental ( 10 )
Wildfire ( 11 )
Beautiful Dreams ( 12 )
Deadly Nightmares ( 13 )
A Cruel Past ( 14 )
Taking Flight ( 15 )
The 4th Rider ( 16 )
Delicate Storms ( 17 )
My Saviors in Blue and Ivory ( 18 )
I Hate Plants ( 19 )
This is why I Don't Socialize ( 20 )
Thunder and Lightning ( 21 )
The Void ( 22 )
The Dual ( 23 )
Lies ( 24 )
Stepping Stones ( 25 )
Don't Forget The Sun ( 26 )
Tenaglia ( 27 )
The Vacuo ( 28 )
Fires and Shadows ( 29 )
A Life For A Life ( 30 )
Fires Brun At Midnight ( 31 )
Arial Battle Royal ( 32 )
Hotel Ecstasy ( 33 )
Scars ( 34 )
The Search ( 35 )
Orthrus ( 36 )
Friendly Fire ( 37 )
Jail Break ( 38 )
Desert Snowball Fight ( 39 )
Kyra's Library ( 40 )
The Gift ( 41 )
Death of Dreams ( 42 )
Eyes On The Horizon ( 43 )
The Beginning Of The End ( 44 )
Bad Dog ( 45 )
Ophelia ( 46 )
The Awakening ( 47 )
The Black Knight ( 48 )
Me and My Shadow ( 49 )
The Fall of Thunder ( 50 )
The Final Dawn ( 51 )
Only One King ( 52 )
How We Fall ( 53 )
Confessions ( 54 )

Librarians ( 8 )

9.3K 356 133
By Trash_Queen_33

Alex and I walked through the camp to the library.

I opened the door to the library and was greeted by a familiar face but not a friendly one. The old man from the training grounds who was an ass to Ty. I think his name was Shane. He was sitting at an old wooden desk looking at a paper with a bitter face. When he heard the door open his eyes fell on me and he glared at me. Seriously, What's this guy's problem with me?

"What do you want?", Shane said to me as he took off his glasses.

"We were going to see if we could read up on the Armies of Darkness. So we would know what we are fighting with." I said as Alex closed the door behind us.

Shane gave a short laugh at me before saying, "Yes you are going to need all of the help God can offer."

"What that suppose to mean?"Alex asked.

"Not you. Her. A girl is not meant for this war and a dragon of that power is wasted with her as its rider. It's saddening."

Ooh, so his problem is that I'm a girl.

"It's okay if you don't like me not everyone has good taste", I said.

Alex snorted from behind me as I crossed my arms. Shane looked bitterly at me.

"How dare you. You, young lady need to learn some respect."

"Wow... you sound like my father, but more bitter."

"I'm not bitter," He said bitterly with a bitter face.

"Whatever. I have better things to do than this."

I walked off with Alex and are dragons behind me. Athena was sitting proudly on my shoulder why Alex and his dragon, Blue, were trying but failing not to laugh.

"You are something else", He said to me.

"And don't you forget it."

As we entered the main section of the library the smell of books hung in the air. I loved that smell. Alex and I split up and search the library for any books that could be useful to us. There were so many books, but none on the armies of darkness. There was a lot on this guy named Zeref.

" I got one", Alex said from across the library with an old leatherback book in hand.

He sat the book on the table and open it up. Pictures of different monsters. Each more deadly than the last.

There shape and size both varied, some looked like aminals such as wolves, snake, and spiders. Oh god, I hate spiders. I have severe Arachnophobia.

Others were humanoid but equally scary. There were a few where I couldn't tell what they were. I then started to read out loud.

The Askari:

A humanoid creature of darkness. They are a head taller than an average human. Their numbers make up a third of the army. Most are used as foot soldiers. They are vicious and deadly. To kill aim for their chest or heart.

Oneirodectus :

The Oneirdectus's size can be smaller than a human hand or larger than a house. The smaller ones are used as spies. The larger ones are used as front-line fighters. They are silent and ambush hunters. To kill remove legs and attack from behind or underneath.

Gorgon :

Gorgon's normal size is about that of a human however if it rises to its full height it can be as large as a dragon. Its snakes each have enough poison to kill a human 3 times over. It can move at high speeds. It uses it shrill scream to disorientate its opponents then uses claws to finish them off. To kill cut off its head.

Deceiver :

The Deceiver got its name because it can read its victims' minds then transforms into someone their target trusts and leads them away from their group. Then kills them when their guard is down. They usually run if there cover is blown and does not fight. To stay alive keep your guard up at all times.

As I was reading Alex seemed to stiffen at my words. I stopped and looked at him. His eyes were locked on the pages of the book. His dragon, Blue, nuzzled his head to bring his master out of his daze. Alex patted Blue's head and looked at me.

"I don't like this."

"Did you think this would be easy? This ain't a game."

"No... It just dawned on me that we just got thrown into a war we know little about."

"Life's a bitch, I guess. But, the way I see it if the worlds gonna end we will die with it. So might as well go down trying to stop it, right?"

"I guess, but I don't want to die."

"None ever do."

It was silent as we both thought of what the future had in store for us. Alex broke the moment of silence and said.

"It's getting late. I should head back to my cabin. You coming, Al?"

"No. I'm going to read a bit more."

"Alright see you tomorrow."

With that, he and Blue left.

I sighed as the library door closed. Athena climbed up onto my shoulder and nuzzled my cheek.

"I love you too, girl"

I flipped through the pages of the book looking at all of the creatures of darkness. I was going to have nightmares tonight that's for sure. I stopped when I came across a familiar name.

Zeref

There wasn't much on him it only said that he had created the monsters and was their leader before he was imprisoned. I closed the book and put it back on the self. I then walked back to where I had found the other books on him. I closed my eyes and picked randomly. My hands fell on an old leatherback book.

I opened the book and began to read.

Zeref an immortal sorcerer who created the creature of darkness to be his army. When his power grew the three Arch dragons, Faranth, Tintaglia, and Vokun took charge and summoned the power of the light of Spero and harnessed it to lock Zeref away using their life force as the seals. When the day comes that all three of arch dragons are dead Zeref will awaken and will bring his wrath upon the earth.

Well isn't this guy just sunshine and rainbows. I closed the book and put it back on the self. I then began my search for any book about "The light of Spero" whatever that was. After about sixteen minutes I gave up my search for anything about this mysterious "The light of Spero".

I walked out of the library and started to head to my cabin with Athena on my shoulder. It was dark out and no one was outside giving the night an eerie atmosphere.

Then I heard a small rustling in the trees. I turned my head to see. There was nothing. I checked to see if my sword and shield were on my back. They were, good.

I then walked to the sound.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 15.6K 71
To wizards and mind readers, shapeshifters are disposable. The only way to prove that a shapeshifter is worth more than the dirt on their shoes is to...
404 124 19
This isn't a typical dragon rider story that people are reading these day. It's centered around a dragon rider prince named Kasander who's a prodigy...
238K 3K 11
* Currently being re-edited!* The Fourth Installment of the Rider's Series Following the battle for Ithrall, the Ashbourne Riders find...
36 0 7
The Camdridge Kingdom relies on all dragons riders to protect and serve. Once you are born your parents have a important decision to make. Will you b...