Worth Solving {Dylan O'Brien}

By AintThatDevine

Genesis and Dylan started talking over a wrong number but something compelled them to keep the calls going. A... More

*Disclaimer*
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty-One
Chapter Fourty-Two
Chapter Fourty-Three
Chapter Fourty-Four
Chapter Fourty-Five
Chapter Fourty-Six
Chapter Fourty-Seven
Chapter Fourty-Eight
Chapter Fourty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue
For You, With Love

Chapter Thirty-Two

10K 296 80
By AintThatDevine

A/N: I've been really shitty at updating WS and i'm so sorry! I was a leader at VBS this past week plus my brother is in town for a few weeks, but to be honest i really just hate my laptop. It's got a virus and runs incredibly slow plus the pop up ads never go away. I love updating, just not on this damn computer, so until I move back to my Dad's house (roughly 50 days) and he can wipe it, the updates won't come as quickly. I think i'll move over to writing WS in a notebook so I can try for a mass update once my laptop is all good again. For now, here's 32! xx -Melissa

32.

{Dylan's P.O.V.}

A vibration shrouded the room through the darkness, my cell phone rattling on my nightstand. I stirred in my sleep, not feeling the normal light weight on my chest. Rubbing over my eyes, I took in the near silence of the room. Adjusting to the darkness, I saw the Genesis wasn't in bed. Furrowing my eyebrows, I grabbed my phone when it was clear that it wasn't going to stop going off until I answered it. 

Wes Ball

Why was the director of The Maze Runner calling at 5:34 in the morning?

I tapped the phone before putting it to my ear as I swung my legs over the side of the bed. "Hey, Wes." I ran my hands through my hair, curious to find where Gen had gone. 

"Dylan, hi. Sorry about the early call, but we've run into an issue." Wes didn't sound hardly as tired as I did, showing that he'd been up for some time.

"An issue?" I asked, resting my elbows on my thighs as I leaned over in zero energy. "What kind of issue?"

"A colossal one, to put it lightly." Although Wes wasn't tired, he sounded annoyed and on the verge of exploding. "A couple people got fired today for it, if that tells you anything." He sighed, "We're going to need you to come to Louisiana for about a week."

"What?" I sat up, my mouth parting in confusion. "We finished filming the movie a while ago."

"I know, and this is where we come to the colossal issue." Wes said, "After we got all of the touches done on the scenes, we started putting it in order with sequencing, but, uh," He groaned inwardly, "A couple of the scenes have gone missing entirely. There's not trace of them anywhere. We've had to reopen the movie so we can still get it done in time."

"Please tell me you're joking." I rubbed my temples, shutting my eyes.

"I wish I was kid, I really do." I could tell that Wes had shaken his head, "But we really need you to come in. We practically need everyone to come back because whatever idiot who lost the scenes managed them to be ones with the full cast."

"Uh," I ran my hand underneath my jaw, "When do you need me to be there?"

 "We're trying to get everyone back out here today so we can start in the afternoon tomorrow. We've got a lot to cover." Wes sensed the hesitation, "I'm guessing that you had something planned."

"I was going to take my girlfriend out for the weekend, but, uh, I can put it on hold." I replied, glancing towards the open door. 

Where had Gen gone off to, anyway?

"Sorry about that." Wes said, "But you could always bring her with you. She's the writer, right? I bet she and James could find something to talk about. He's coming out to meet us, too."

I nodded a little, knowing that she liked the books. "I could probably swing that." But the Halloween party was next Thursday. "How long do you think it'll take us to get the scenes covered? Gen and I have to do this party for the Teen Wolf cast and it's next week."

"We'll be done either Tuesday or Wednesday, so you should be good." Wes confirmed, "I'll let you go, but keep an eye on your email for your flight information and everything."

"Sure thing, Wes." I ended the call, sighing as I set my phone down on the bed as I stood up. The faint smell of coffee drifted up the stairs as I walked into the hallway, only one light seeping out of the kitchen to make a path bright enough for me to manage. Following the awakeness of the house, I found Gen.

Genesis was at the breakfast bar, her blonde hair tied loosely at the crown of her head. Wearing one of my shirts that was far to big for her, one leg was pulled up to her chest as she fingers clicked frantically at her keyboard. 

And I suppose this is what a writer looks like in her natural habitat. 

I knocked on the door frame, grabbing her attention as I walked into the kitchen. "Hey."

Gen looked up to me, her fingers still moving on the keys with ease. "Hi."

I furrowed my eyebrows with slight amazement, "You're up early."

"I couldn't sleep." Genesis stopped her fingers from hitting the board and moved a piece of hair from her eyes. "Did the light wake you up?" She asked, a small look of guilt on her face.

I shook my head, bracing my hands on the counter so I was across from her. "Got a call from the guy who's directing Maze Runner."

"At 5:30 in the morning?" Gen questioned, lowering the lid of her laptop to a near close. She scratched her shoulder and let her leg down to stay in the same position as the other.

"There was a mistake at the studio and they lost some of the scenes. No one can find them anywhere." I said, "So, I have to go to Louisiana this week to redo them."

Genesis nodded, "Okay." She only looked half coherent. "When do you need to leave?"

"Wes is trying to get everyone out there today so we can start tomorrow. He said you could come too, if you want." I looked around, seeing that Gen had an empty mug next to her laptop. Turning to look behind me, the coffee pot was also drained of liquid. Returning back to her, I eyed her with an amused expression. "How many cups of coffee have you had, Gen?"

"Erm," Gen rubbed the back of her neck, a weird expression on her face that I hadn't seen before. "Dunno. I stopped counting."

"Jesus." I laughed, "You look like you're drunk."

Genesis laughed, shaking her head a little. "See, it works like normal coffee for a while, but it wears off and acts like alcohol soon enough. I suppose it only happens to me because I don't drink, but at least I don't get a hangover from it."

"That's adorable." I took the mug from the counter and walked over to the sink. "When did you come down here? I didn't feel you get up." I set it down and returned with a bottle of water for her. 

"At two, I think. Edmund needed to go to the loo so I let him out and wasn't tired once I was down here." Gen thanked me for the water before drinking close to half of it. 

"Where is he now?"  I asked, remembering that I didn't see him sleeping in his bed earlier.

She pointed downwards, "Sleeping at my feet."

I smiled, "He sure does like you. I'm actually kind of jealous."

"Well, seeing as his name ties to me, i'd think it fits." Gen replied, grinning,

I shook my head while holding back a blush, "I have no idea what you mean. Maybe I just like the Narnia movies." 

"Mhm." Genesis watched me, slowly recovering from the coffee as she drank the water. "And those were books to start out with."

"I swear, one autograph and it's all about you." I teased as I propped my elbows on the counter, sticking to her green eyes with my own. "Do explain where you got that crazy idea from, Miss Venita."

Gen playfully rolled her eyes, "I hate you."

"That's awfully harsh."

Gen agreed, "You're right. I think that loathe is a much better word to use."

"Come on," I whined, walking around to her side of the counter. "No you don't." I pulled her bar stool closer to me so I wouldn't step on Edmund, who was growing in size like a weed. 

"I do." Gen laughed, grabbing my shoulders reflexively so she didn't fall when I moved her. 

"I don't believe you." I snaked my arms around her waist, almost perfectly level to her. 

She lifted her eyes to mine, our foreheads lingering together. Gen suddenly fell serious, ten thoughts running through her mind at once and forcing out a question. "Why do you put up with me?"

"Put up with you?" I asked, looking funnily at her. "I'd hardly call it 'putting up' if it drives me crazy not to be around you." I could feel a thumping in my chest that always increased when I was with Gen. Being this close to her was, something incredible. 

Gen's cheeks flushed, "Why would you say that?"

I stared into her eyes, seeing how pale lashes framed the green perfectly. My mouth twitched a little, a nervous tick in me. "Because I love you." 

Her eyes widened in surprise, blinking as if she had heard me wrong. Carefully, a smile grew on her lips. "I love you, too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.4K 452 15
Lt. Serenity 'Tails' Lewis has been called back to TopGun, to not only focus on the task at hand that will be given, reunite with everyone but most...
6.1K 2 1
"Just because things are falling apart doesn't mean they'll never be put back together." Chloe Pierce has a mixed-up past. She's built walls around h...
415K 12.6K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
23.6K 430 37
clarke mitchell, daughter of the infamous Maverick, had always dreamed of being in the Navy like her father. lucky for her, her best friend had the s...