The Innocent Bystander (Power...

By kdog2201

Meet (Y/N), the most powerful hero on earth... that no one has ever heard of. He's done it all, slay monsters... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Honnouji Academy
Chapter 2: A Game of Tennis
Chapter 3: A Battle of Kamui
Chapter 4: No-Late Day
Chapter 5: The Man With a Mohawk
Chapter 6: The Kendo Challenger
Chapter 7: Fight Club
Chapter 8: The Naturals Election
Chapter 9: Sudden Death Run-off Election
Chapter 10: Like a Football...
Chapter 11: Nue Hareemeh?
Chapter 12: The Tri-City Schools Raid Trip
Chapter 14: The Great Culture & Sports Festival
Chapter 15: Bystander No More
Chapter 16: A Hero's Reward
Chapter 17: In Shining Armor...
Chapter 18: The Frying Pan
Chapter 19: SLAP
Chapter 20: The Calm...
Chapter 21: Some Effort Behind It.
Chapter 22: Graduation
Epilogue

Chapter 13: Tell Me Your Reason...

68.3K 1K 2.3K
By kdog2201

The Skies Above Japan

Moments after proclaiming her victory of the Tri-City Schools Raid Trip and the helicopter door closed, Satsuki fell to one knee. Struggling to maintain control over Junketsu.

Soroi: Milady! Shiro!

Iori: Right away!

Iori sprayed a kind of foam over Satsuki, forcing Junketsu to revert to its dormant state.

Iori: It's a tranquilizing coagulant

Soroi: Please take this opportunity to change out of your Kamui.

Satsuki: Thank you...

Satsuki, exhausted from her extended fight with Ryuko, puts on her regular robes and drops herself onto her chair. Noticing her exhaustion, Soroi pours Satsuki a cup of tea.

Soroi: Your fights seem to be taking a greater toll on your body than before. It's too risky to activate Life Fiber Override for as long as you have been.

Satsuki: I am aware of the risk. But so long as Matoi continues to wear her Kamui, I have no choice but to don Junketsu to fight her.

Soroi: It is as you say, Milady.

Iori: Are you sure, Uncle?

Soroi: Shiro, as my nephew, it is about time you realized that once Lady Satsuki has her heart set on something, she never backs down. The only thing we can do is support her and her decisions.

Satsuki: Soroi, Iori, I've made many selfish demands of you two. But please allow me to do so for just a little longer.

???: Oh? So you were pushing yourself, *twitch* Lady Satsuki?

Iori: Who are you!?

Satsuki: That voice... Is that you, Harime?

Nui: *twitch* Sure is!

Iori: The Grand Couturier? When did you get here!?

Nui: I go wherever I want to go, *twitch* and no one can stop me.

Satsuki: What do you want?

Nui: Don't get all, "What do you want?" *twitch* with me. It was Lady Ragyo. *twitch* She said she wanted to hear the results *twitch* of the Battlefield Trip in person. And since *twitch* I had time to kill because a certain someone *twitch* barred me from Honnouji Academy, I came all the way to pick you up!

Satsuki: Hmph. I bet you just wanted to see Senketsu and Junketsu square off.

Nui: Bingo, Lady Satsuki! *twitch* You're the only one who truly understands me!

Satsuki: That's rich coming from someone who refuses to let anyone understand her.

Nui: Well then, *twitch* shall we make our way to the mansion?

Iori: Pass on a message to the Elite Four; "I'll be returning late. You must remain vigilant until you reach Honnouji Academy. Remember, the Battlefield Trip isn't over until you get home."

As the helicopter was flying in the direction of the Kiryuin Manor, Satsuki couldn't help but notice something strange about Nui. More so than usual anyway...

Satsuki: Was she stuttering in her speech?...

______

______

Meanwhile

Back in Osaka

Aikuro: Ryuko, I'm amazed you fought Satsuki Kiryuin to a draw. Well done. There is no reason to keep secrets any longer. It's time I exposed everything to you.

Mako: WOOOW! Were you really Mr. Mikisugi all along?!

Aikuro: That's right. You've never seen me like this before.

Mako: I never knew you were an exhibitionist!

Aikuro: Heh. We are Nudi-

Mako: You've found a comrade-in-arms, Ryuko!

(Y/N): Ha!

SMACK

Ryuko: Don't lump is together!

Ryuko walked up to Aikuro and turned to Y/N and Mako.

Ryuko: You guys should go home for now.

Mako: Huh?

(Y/N): Really? *smiles*

Aikuro: Mankanshoku, (L/N), if you come with use you will need to hurl yourself into the maelstrom of battle. Do you two have that resolve?

Mako: I do not!

(Y/N): Me neither -_-

Ryuko: Figures. Go home, then.

Mako: I don't have the resolve to go nude yet.

(Y/N): Yeah!- Wait what?

Ryuko: THATS what you're talking about?!

Mako: But what we DO have is the desire to be Ryuko's friend forever! So we'll go with you!

(Y/N): What do you mean, "we"?

Aikuro: Very well. Follow us!

Mako grabbed Y/N and dragged him along.

(Y/N): Mako! Let Go! I don't want this! Q_Q

Mako: Okay!

They all jumped into the harbor.

(Y/N): I want a say in-! *gurgle*

Ryuko: Wait... why are you guys?

Aikuro: Beyond here lies the truth you must learn. Let's do this. It's skinny dipping time!

The group jumped into the water and they swam to the bottom.

_____

_____

Meanwhile

Kiryuin Manor

Satsuki was being "bathed" by her mother, Ragyo.

Ragyo: You can get out now. There is somewhere we need to be.

Satsuki: Does that mean...

Ragyo: Yes. You did well, Satsuki. As a Kiryuin, and as my successor, it is now time for you to learn where all this began.

_____

_____

Nudist Beach Hidden Base

The group breached the water in Nudist Beach's destroyed base.

Ryuko: There was a place like this underneath Osaka?

After drying off the group started walking amongst the rubble.

Mako: It's in pretty bad shape, though.

Aikuro: Jakazure sure did a number on us. However, there is more to this place than meets the eye.

The group walked a little while further and eventually made their way to a perfect replica of a beach underground.

(Y/N): Okay... I think you guys are taking this "Nudist Beach" thing a bit too literal.

As they entered the underground beach a row of Nudist Beach troopers greeted them.

(Y/N): -_- Of course you're all nude...

Aikuro: I see this place was spared.

Nudist Beach Soldier: We were right to follow your orders and take refuge here.

Aikuro: I guess being a worrywart pays off from time to time.

Ryuko: I see Nudist Beach has had quite a bit of money poured into it.

(Y/N): Who would even invest money into something like an underground beach?... For a nude army... to fight clothes....... Never mind I don't want to know.

Aikuro: Well, to answer both of your questions it was Ryuko's father.

Ryuko: My dad?

Aikuro: He was an amazing scientist. Using the patents he held, he collected money from corporations worldwide. And with those funds, he created this organization.

Ryuko: Then...

Aikuro: Indeed! Nudist Beach was founded by Dr. Isshin Matoi!

Mako: WHAAA!?

(Y/N): It all makes sense now...

Ryuko: It does?

(Y/N): Your perverted outfit... Nudist Beach.... Your dad was a professional perver-

SMACK

Ryuko: He was not!!

(Y/N): (muffled) The evidence says otherwi-

SMACK

Ryuko: HE. WAS. NOT!!!

Senketsu: You guys are really getting along huh?

Ryuko: Shut up!

_____

_____

Aikuro led the group into a unused indoor pool without the water. Inside Aikuro began to explain the truth.

Aikuro: Now, how many organisms on this planet do you know of that wear clothes?

Ryuko: Just humans, obviously...

(Y/N): Pet owners would say otherwise... -_-

Aikuro: That is correct. Out of the countless species on Earth, the only one to wear clothes is homo-sapiens. And Why do you think that is? It is not that only humans wear clothing, but rather that the creatures who wore clothes became mankind as we know it today! Life Fibers caused homo-sapiens, previously just one of the many anthropoids, to evolve this far. That right. Mankind was chosen by clothing!

(Y/N): *sigh* This is going to be one of THOSE explanations, isn't it?

_____

_____

Meanwhile

Fiber Palace, Kiryuin Manor.

Ragyo led her daughter to a large set of doors beneath their estate. What was on the other side shocked Satsuki.

Satsuki: This is where it all began?

Ragyo: Yes. The source of everything, The Original Life Fiber. The moment this shining ball of thread that had wandered across space touched down on Earth, humans were fated to become beings that served clothes.

Ragyo outstretched her arm and a ball of Life Fibers accumulated just over her palm. The Fibers then slowly drifted upward and formed itself into a high-class suit.

Ragyo: Life Fibers will become clothes and cover up the planet. That is COVERS. Nobody in this world can stop it form happening. We, the Kiryuin family, are the mouthpiece for COVER's will. Do you understand that?

Satsuki: Yes, mother...

_____

_____

Nudist Beach Hidden Base

Ryuko: Clothing chose mankind? What do you mean?

Aikuro, as if waiting for that very question, flamboyantly posed and began to act out an explanation.

(Y/N): ._.

Aikuro: Life Fibers are an extraterrestrial lifeform! They came to Earth in ancient times and induced human evolution!

Mako: WAAA!? Does that mean Senketsu is an extraterrestrial being? He's not only a sailor uniform, but also an ALIEN!?

(Y/N): PAIBGPIAIGBASHJ!!!!!!! *Unable to compute* HOW CAN YOU EVEN DO THAT!?!?

Senketsu: So that's how it is.

Ryuko: Don't just accept it! What the hell is that supposed to mean!?

Aikuro: Could you pipe down and her me out? I'll explain it from the ground up. Life Fibers are a lifeform from outer space. Like parasites, they use native lifeforms as their hosts and breed by feeding off their nerve pulses. However, when they directly inhabit a body, they place too much strain on the nervous system, destroying it.

A short video of a mouse being implanted with Life Fibers and that shortly there after dying was displayer.

Aikuro: Hence their use of clothes. They can only obtain a minuscule amount of energy from the skin's nerve endings, but this way, they keep their hosts alive. Aided by Life Fibers, mankind climbed to the apex of the food chain and achieved scientific heights.

Tsumugu: But ultimately, we're just food for the Life Fibers.

Senketsu: No way!? Have I been feeding on Ryuko-

Ryuko: Calm down, Senketsu! We haven't heard the whole story yet. Why don't all clothes have Life Fibers in them, then? Right now, most of us wear clothes normally and lead normal lives.

(Y/N): *sigh* "normal lives"...

Ryuko: I've only seen Life Fibers in the Goku Uniforms!

Aikuro: You're right. The only possible conclusion is that, after giving us the idea of clothing, Life Fibers went into a long period of dormancy. It was around 200 years ago that they finally awoken. The Kiryuins made contact with the Orginal Life Fiber which lead to their reawakening.

Tsumugu: They were waiting for the best time, just like cattle.

Senketsu: Was I... waiting for Ryuko to grow up? Is that why I need her blood?!

Ryuko: Like I said, calm down!

Aikuro: Senketsu is panicking? Tell him, that two of you represent out hope. God robe Senketsu was created by Dr. Matoi to fight against the Life Fibers. And you're the only one who can but on Senketsu!

Ryuko: I'm the only one? But why?

Aikuro: You are extraordinarily resistant to Life Fibers. Dr. Matoi probably knew that. That's why he created Senketsu, to put an end to the Kiryuin's ambitions! Dr. Matoi once served under the Kiryuins, but one he learned the truth he fled and created our organization.

Senketsu: I... I remember it now... I was born in that underground laboratory, but I was immediately put to sleep. Until Ryuko came to me.

Aikuro: That is why, until you got to the point where you could freely call upon Senketsu's powers, I couldn't tell you the whole story.

Ryuko: Heh, you were even planning on eliminating me if I were ever consumed by the Life Fibers.

Tsumugu: Exactly. That plan hasn't changed.

Ryuko: Yeah, this story... is bit hard to believe.

Aikuro: But it is the truth. the clothes produced by REVOCS, the company led by Ragyo Kiryuin, are worn worldwide. Each of them contains Life Fibers. At the moment they are still dormant, but if they were to awaken, there's no telling what will happen, but it will be a massive threat to mankind!

(Y/N): *sigh* This is the kind of stuff I wanted to leave behind...

_____

_____

Kiryuin Manor

After introducing her daughter to the Original Life Fiber, the two of them got dressed. Afterward, Ragyo began to leave.

Ragyo: So you succeeded in taking over all the schools in the country and suppressing Nudist Beach?

Satsuki: Yes.

Ragyo: That means we can advance the Honnouji Academy experiment to the next stage.

Rei: We've also completed construction of Ragyo Stadium. The festival is all set to go.

Ragyo: Very well. Let us move to the final stage of the plan. The Great Culture and Sports Festival.

Satsuki's eyes widen briefly before she composed herself.

Satsuki: Yes, mother.

Satsuki stayed behind while her mother drove away in her limo.

Ragyo: *sigh* My daughter truly is my offspring... a shame she's nothing more than a human.

Nui: She *twitch* at least can serve your purpose! *twitch*

Ragyo: My, my~ what is wrong Nui?

Nui: I *twitch* don't know what you mean...

Ragyo: Ah. You went after (L/N), didn't you?~

Nui: (grumble).

Ragyo embraced Nui and stroked her head, relaxing her.

Ragyo: There, there Nui. It will be alright.

Nui: *sniff* He's just so... so... *twitch*

Ragyo: It's alright. Had I known who he was sooner, I would have asked you to keep your distance. But don't worry, I have a plan to make you feel better.

Nui: You do?

Ragyo: Yes I do~

Ragyo pulled out a black box.

Nui: Oooh. Is that?

Ragyo: Yes.~ I made this personally... Just. For. Him. After all it is only natural to reward a hero.~

_____

_____

Nudist Beach

Mako: *sleeping* ZZZZZ

(Y/N): -_-

Ryuko: Hmmm.... Now I get it. So you're telling Senketsu and I to fight hand-in-hand for the sake of mankind, huh?... TO HELL WITH THAT!!

Aikruo: Ryuko...

Ryuko: You mean to say Senketsu's just a weapon? A combat outfit made purely for battle? You've gotta be kidding me. He's got a mind of his own! And you're telling me he was created to kill his brethren? I feel so damn sorry for him!

Ryuko pulled off Senketsu and threw him onto a nearby chair.

Ryuko: This is Nudist Beach, right? What's wrong with me stripping off?

Senketsu: Ryuko...

Ryuko: I don't want to fight while wearing you! And you don't need to fight either!

Tsumugu: Let me tell you two useful pieces of information. One, there's no reason for a Godrobe that doesn't fight to exist. Two, I won't hesitate to dispose of any such Godrobe.

Ryuko: You'll have to do it over my dead body.

Tsumugu: As you wish...

Ryuko: That's funny. I was just thinking that I'd have to settle things with you.

Tsumugu: Ha. Right now, you don't have your Kamui or your scissor. Do you think a half-naked high schooler can beat me?

Ryuko: You think your threats are gonna faze me? I'd be happy to go full-on naked for you, then.

HALLELUJAH

Mako: No you can't! A girl only reveals herself in her full glory to the person she loves the most in the whole world! And Mr. Mohawk isn't that man! It's Y/N, right?

Ryuko: *blushes* W-w-what!?

(Y/N): ._.

Mako: Besides! The reason you wear Senketsu is because you care for him right?

Senketsu: Ryuko, I am flattered that you are angry on my behalf. But if I may be so bold, put me on.

Ryuko: Senketsu...

Senketsu: If you don't you'll catch a cold.

Ryuko: That's what you're worried about?

Senketsu: *looks at Y/N* Also, I think you might be sending Y/N the wrong message by so readily stripping in front of him.

Ryuko: *blushes* Gah!

Ryuko quickly rushed and put Senketsu on.

Aikuro: *sigh* Tsumugu, put your weapons away. Besides I know of one other weapon that we can use in our fight.

Ryuko: Eh? What?

Aikuro: He's sitting right there. *points at Y/N*

(Y/N): *sweats*

Ryuko: What are you talking about? Unless we can weaponize stupidity, he isn't much of a weapon.

(Y/N): My feelings... Q_Q

Aikuro: It is time you revealed who you are, Y/N.

(Y/N): I don't know-

Before Y/N could finish Aikuro brought up a screen, displaying the many feats that he had accomplished while attending Honnouji Academy. No-Late Day, Mako's punch, the fight with Nui, and the fight with Ryuko when she was berserk.

Ryuko: Woah...

Mako: Wow!

Aikuro: It is time you told us the truth, Y/N. Please, tell us who you are.

(Y/N): Um....

The screen then showed the image of Y/N's scars.

Ryuko: Hey I remember now! After the Sudden Death Runoff Election I saw your body was covered in scars! What happened!

(Y/N): I fell down some stairs?

Ryuko: *grabs Y/N* You!

(Y/N): Okay! Okay! I concede!

Ryuko set Y/N back in his chair, and everyone in the room leaned in to listen.

(Y/N): Look, I used to fight... things, as I grew up. I'm pretty sure I've fought everything under the rainbow.

Tsumugu: Like what?

(Y/N): -_- *sigh* More like "what haven't I fought"

Aikuro: What's you're reason for coming to Honnouji Academy?

(Y/N): I wanted a normal life!

Ryuko: A "normal life"?

(Y/N): Look, I'm sooo done with the whole "saving humanity" thing. I just wanted to retire and finish my high school education.

Aikuro: I find that hard to believe.

(Y/N): It's true! I never wanted to get involved in all this! It's just that I ended up getting associated with Ryuko.

Ryuko: ...What?

(Y/N):*sigh* -_- After the first day, everyone at the academy assumed that I was aiding Ryuko in her fight against Satsuki, even though I just sat next to her.

Ryuko: *stands up* If you're so STRONG why the hell didn't you do anything!?!?

(Y/N): I didn't want to get wrapped up in another "adventure". I just wante-

SLAP

Y/N was cut off with Ryuko slapping him in the face.

(Y/N): -_- Ow. What was that fo-

Ryuko: Was being my friend a lie?...

(Y/N): What?

Ryuko: WAS BEING MY FRIEND JUST A LIE!!?!!

(Y/N): Look, when I first met you guys, i was dragged into all your problems just for being near you, but-

Ryuko: Oh! I'm so FUCKING sorry for dragging you into my "problems"!!!

(Y/N): Ryuko, I-

Ryuko: SHUT UP!! I saved your life, even when I didn't have to! I shared how my father died with you! I actually thought you were...

(Y/N): W-What?

Ryuko bit her lip, trying to hold in her swelling emotions.

Ryuko: Even after all that you never shared anything about you. In fact you tried your best to make sure people DIDN'T find out about you. It's all about you isn't it? You. You. You... You only care about yourself, DON'T YOU!?

(Y/N): Ryuko, I do ca-

Ryuko: If you cared why did you NEVER tell me about this!? Why did we have to corner you to get answers from you!?

(Y/N): I... I-

Ryuko: Get out...

(Y/N): What?

Ryuko: I SAID GET OUT!! If you don't want to be a part of my "problems" any more then I'm giving you what you ALWAYS wanted, a way out!!!!

(Y/N): Ryuko I didn't mea-

Ryuko: JUST GO!!!!

Ryuko glared at Y/N. He could tell she was absolutely furious with him and he could tell she was holding back tears. Y/N opened his mouth to say something but then quietly left the room.

Mako: Ryuko?

Ryuko: Stop. *sniff* I want to be left alone...

_____

_____

Some Time Later.

Osaka, Japan.

Ryuko made her way to the ruins of Osaka and quietly sat down by herself, simply looking at the ruins of the city.

Senketsu: Ryuko...

Ryuko didn't say anything and simply kept looking outward.

Senketsu: *sigh* Ryuko, you were rather harsh to Y/N.

Ryuko: I don't want to hear that name again...

Senketsu: You know, he really DOES care.

Ryuko: No he doesn't... he said it himself; He was dragged into my "problems"...

Senketsu: Then why didn't he leave earlier?

Ryuko:...

Senketsu: I may not know a lot about his past, but I DO know about who he is.

Ryuko: ...And what's that?...

Senketsu: Despite everything that has happened to him, why didn't he leave sooner? In fact, why didn't he help Satsuki Kiryuin in taking you down? It definitely would have gotten him out of trouble.

Ryuko: I don't know...

Senketsu: Also, he's done more that just not leave, he's helped us. Remember the final moments of that Election? He stayed to help you.

Ryuko: Y...yeah....

Senketsu: What about what he said afterward? When he said he cared about you.

Ryuko: *blush* He's still stupid... *grumble*

Senketsu: Ryuko...

_____

_____

The Next Day

Honno City

Y/N was dropped off at Honno City and made his way to his home.

(Y/N): *sigh* Ryuko, is right... I HAVE been acting like an ass. After she told me about her father I should have told her everything... Now I think I lost a good friend...

Gamagoori: Form up! At Attention! Listen closely!

Y/N was startled out of his thoughts by Gamagoori's shouting.

Gamgoori: Tomorrow, the Cultural and Sports Grand Festival will be held at Honnouji Academy! All No-Star students and their parents are to welcome Director Kiryuin from the spectator seats! Ceremonial dress uniforms will be distributed to all of you! Gather at the stadium entrance in these uniforms by 8:30am! Tardiness will not be tolerated! Unkempt dress will not be tolerated! Assume that even that even the slightest breach of etiquette will carry the death penalty! Dismissed!

Y/N was handed a tuxedo and was sent off by the One-Star Students that were handing them out.

(Y/N): *sigh* This doesn't even look that good...

Y/N made it to his home and got ready for bed. After throwing himself onto his bed he drifted into his thoughts again.

(Y/N): Well, I got what I wanted... I'm not a part of their problems anymore... *sigh*

Before Y/N could fall asleep he heard his doorbell ring.

(Y/N): Huh?

Y/N got up and answered the door, revealing it to be a dark-skinned woman with purple hair, wearing an all white business suit with white shorts and thigh-high boots.

Rei: Good evening, Mr. (L/N), my name is Rei Hououmaru, I am the personal assistant of Director Kiryuin.

REI HOUOUMARU

(Y/N): Oh, um... good evening. How can I help you?

Rei: I am here to deliver a message from the Director that you are a "guest of honor" for the upcoming festival.

(Y/N): I am? Are you sure you have the right person? I'm not exactly in high society you know.

Rei: Completely. Here.

Rei hands Y/N a black box with his name on it.

(Y/N): *looks at box* What's this?

Rei: That is your dress ware for the event. The Director didn't want her 'guest of honor' to be wearing anything less than stunning.

(Y/N): Thanks?... I guess.

Rei: I shall be awaiting your arrival tomorrow Mr. (L/N), good night.

With a slight bow, Rei leaves Y/N's home.

(Y/N): Ah. thank you... At least she didn't break down the door, like everyone else seems to do...

Y/N heads back inside and decides to open the package he was given. It is revealed it is an extremely high-quality suit, in fact, he could tell that this suit wasn't something that normal people could ever hope to have, maybe even the rich.

(Y/N): Woah. This is a really nice suit. *feels suit* Feels amazing too... wonder why I was picked... Oh well.

Y/N decided to head to bed, so he hung up the suit and finally went to sleep. As the room darkened and Y/N fell asleep the suit rustled in the windless room. In fact it looked like...

the suit was looking at Y/N's sleeping body...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 1.2K 20
*Warning this story will be having a little bit of Mashle manga spoilers so just a heads up anime only watchers* Honnoji academy is academy that...
98.3K 1.4K 22
(Y/N) is probably the strongest being on the planet. He seems normal, but he could and HAS taken on an entire army all by himself. And he's only 17...
161K 2.8K 22
A 17 year old boy named (Y/N) who works for the CIA is given the armor incursio. He is the only human that has been able to wear it. (Y/N) has been t...
8.3K 98 14
Instead of ryuko going Honnōji Academy now It's Y/n trying to find out who killed the rest of the L/n family, and ryuko never left ragyo and is the s...