The Lone Princess (A Naruto F...

By lyradavi11

***COMPLETED*** (Read at your own risk--I started writing this when I was 13) The life of a princess is stere... More

Character Profile
Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 2: Good Ol' Days
Chapter 3: The Nine Tailed Fox!
Chapter 4: Aspiring
Chapter 5: Working As A Team
Chapter 6: A Dangerous Mission
Chapter 7: Dead or Alive?
Chapter 8: Training
Chapter 9: Zabuza and Haku
Chapter 10: Losing Control
Chapter 11: Is This It? Naw, Maybe Not Now
Chapter 12: The Chunin Exams
Chapter 13: The Written Exam
Chapter 14: The Forest of Death
Chapter 15: The Preliminary Rounds
Chapter 16: The Preliminary Rounds - Part II
Chapter 17: Danger In The Mountains
Chapter 18: The Celestial Beasts
Chapter 19: The Final Rounds
Chapter 20: Akira vs Daiki
Chapter 21: Trouble
Chapter 22: Fighting Alongside the Third Hokage
Chapter 23: Tiger
Chapter 24: The Fallen Shinobi
Chapter 25: Kotoba the Celestial Thunderbolt Tiger
Chapter 26: Feelings of Betrayal
Chapter 27: Memories of Old
Chapter 28: Uchihas.. Such High Maintenance
Christmas Special - Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe
Chapter 29: Missing Memories
Chapter 30: There's More To Life Than Revenge
Chapter 32: A Surprise Guest!
Chapter 33: The Attack
Chapter 34: The Struggle
Chapter 35: The New Beginning
Chapter 36: The State
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: Welcome Party
Chapter 39: Truth is Out
Psst!
Chapter 40: Final Battle
TIMELINE

Chapter 31: The Battle of Disappointment

257 8 0
By lyradavi11

Akira's POV

     "Welcome back, guys!" I waved from my place at the gates as my team returned with Morino-sensei from a mission. While I would've usually participated in the mission with them, it was given to us just a few hours after Tiger returned to the village, and I sure as heck wasn't going to let Tiger be alone for a couple of days after the stunt he pulled.

     "Akiiii!" Naruto and Sakura greeted just to receive a big hug from me. "I missed you! Did the mission go well? No injuri-" my eyes were scanning each of their bodies before I realized Sasuke looked like he really needed to go to the hospital. I frowned at the Uchiha boy who seemed caught up in his own little world, "Let's get you to the hospital."

~~~

     KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

     "Sasuke? I'm entering," I called out before sliding the hospital room door open and stepping into the room. Sasuke was looking out the window with a deep frown that had been etched onto his face since I saw him at the gates. "Sasuke," I said again as I closed the door and walked closer. The boy didn't answer, but it was obvious he was deep in thought about something stupid. I sighed and lightly bumped him on the head, "Hey, you!" "Ow!" Sasuke exclaimed as he clutched his head before looking at me, "Aki?" I grinned and sat down on the stool provided next to the bed.

     "I heard about the mission," I started as I carefully observed his face. He scrunched up his face before looking out the window again. I sighed and lifted my arm to touch his hair. He gave me a questioning glance that I smiled to. I slid into the bed and lay my head on the pillow.

     "What are you doing?" Sasuke asked warily. "Calm yourself, I'm not gonna try and come onto you," I snorted, "Who do you think I am? Ino?" I shook my head before pulling on Sasuke's shirt. He was still in a sitting position, which was bad because he really needs some rest. Sasuke sighed and laid down. It was a pretty small bed, so we both moved to our sides to face each other.

     We had a mini staring contest before I shook my head with a small smile playing on my lips. Coming into serious matters, I sighed and asked, "What's up?" Sasuke blinked and shook his head, "Definitely not God." I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion, "Um.. well, okay then. What happened for you to feel so dejected? Did you profess your love for Naruto and he rejected you? Sorry, man, you can't possibly beat Saku-" I paused when I registered the dark look on his face. "Oh hell to the no, Sasuke. What did Naruto and Sakura do to deserve that dark look at the mention of their names?" 

     Sasuke groaned and turned around, "I can't have this conversation with you, Akira. You wouldn't understand." I stared at him in disbelief, "Yea. You are making this pretty difficult for me to understand." "That's not it, Aki. You and I don't look at the world the same. I can't be like you. I can't just accept everything for the way it is."

     I pursed my lips in annoyance. I really couldn't understand what he was saying. A knock was heard from the other side of the door, and it made me sit up out of surprise. I jumped off the bed and sat down on the stool again. "Sasuke-kun, may we come in?" Sakura asked before a grumble was let out and the door slid open by Naruto. Sakura sighed and walked in the room. Sasuke was sitting up by then, but he was blankly staring out the window again.

     Sakura had brought some apples for Sasuke to eat since hospital food is trash, and Naruto decided to tag along. I completely zoned out when Sakura and Naruto started fighting again. Honestly, I couldn't figure out why Sasuke was just so hard to deal with. I could find a million reasons why he's so dumb and why I should leave him alone, but a million other reasons why I should help him. I still couldn't comprehend that one of my childhood idols had become a monster. It was really hard to believe, considering Itachi used to be the type of guy who gave importance to family. He always told me to treasure them. 

     I glanced at Sasuke to see that he was glaring at Naruto. I frowned as Naruto confronted him about it. Sasuke gritted his teeth, "Fight me.. Right now!" I openly gaped and looked at him in disbelief. "What?!" Naruto exclaimed, "You've just been treated by old lady Tsunade and you wanna fight already?" While that was one of my concerns, I was more worried about why he wants to fight his comrade. Not to mention he's being really serious and threatening.

     "I don't care! Just fight!" Sasuke yelled as he activated his sharingan. I immediately pushed myself off from leaning on the wall and stood protectively in front of Naruto. "Stop being ridiculous, Sasuke," I groaned in frustration, "Deactivate your sharingan! Did you listen to anything I told you last week? You're supposed to be protecting your comrades! Not hurting them!" "And I said I don't care! Get out of the way, Akira." I glared up at him, "Don't you dare disrespect me right now. You're not thinking straight and I'm trying to help."

     "Akira," Naruto said and I tilted my head to see him smirking. "This is perfect. I was just thinking of fighting him." My mouth fell open for the third time today. I couldn't believe my ears. Yes, Sasuke and Naruto fight all the time, but Sasuke's being serious here. Does Naruto even understand what he's getting himself into?!

     We found ourselves on the roof of the hospital building after Sasuke and Naruto agreed to fight. I only hoped they wouldn't take it too far and use some absolutely dangerous jutsu. I squatted down and buried my face in my hands. They were throwing insults at each other and Sasuke wouldn't put his leaf headband on. The familiar sounds of body contact, the painful type, made me want to forget about all of this and go home. They were out of their minds! They actually want to kill each other!

     I flinched as I felt the heat of Sasuke's fire ball jutsu. I didn't bother looking up, knowing I couldn't bare to see any of them hurt. I looked up in alarm as soon as I heard the familiar sound of the chidori. Naruto and Sasuke were about to go up against each other with the rasengan and chidori! I stood up and trembled in... I honestly don't know what I'm feeling right now. It's a mix of anger and fear, and disappointment. A tear slipped out from my eye as I saw the look in their eyes. Are we even a team anymore..? This goes beyond sparring.

     "You guys are insane!" I screamed over the noise, "You're going to kill each other! STOP!" I sobbed as they ran forward, completely ignoring my pleas. Sakura surged forward to stop them and I couldn't help myself to do the same. Through the panic, I could somehow recognize the comforting chakra signature of Kakashi coming closer and closer. I channeled Sukai's chakra into my hand before pulling Sakura with one hand, and lunging forward with my chakra coated hand reaching towards Sasuke and hitting him with force that sent him flying towards one of the water tanks. I glanced at my two flying teammates before looking at Kakashi in relief. He had swung Naruto flying into a similar tank.

     "Now, what are you guys doing on a hospital roof? You two went too far for just a fight," Kakashi commented. I nodded in agreement and frowned as I looked at the damage they had caused. The tank that Sasuke's chidori was it into had water gushing out like no tomorrow while the rasengan caused just a leak. Funny. I was sure the rasengan was stronger than the chidori. I guess not.

     Kakashi jumped up on top of the tank Sasuke hit, "Were you going to kill Naruto, Sasuke? What're you doing, losing yourself to your sense of superiority? The size of that chidori wasn't to be aimed to a comrade. Why such infantile behavior?" I shook my head at that question. It's obviously because of his little reunion with Itachi. And here I thought I had put some sense in him that day. He's as stupid as ever.

     Sasuke only scoffed at the questions and back flipped over the fence to leave. I snorted and jumped up to the tank to talk to Kakashi. When I got there, I noticed the huge gaping hole at the back of the tank Naruto hit. The rasengan is truly much stronger. "Akira," Kakashi sighed and I could see the weariness in his eyes. I offered a tired smile and thanked him for stopping the fight. I glanced longingly to where Sasuke left and brought my hands to my face. "Kakashi," I started as I lifted my face and looked at him with pleading eyes, "He won't listen to me. He won't understand what I'm trying to get across. In the pace he's going in, I'm afraid Orochimaru will get to him. We can't let that happen, Kakashi-sensei, please," I begged as my eyes watered up.

    "I know," Kakashi muttered, "I will talk to him, and try to knock some sense into him. But that's about all I can do. It's his choice whether to accept our advice or not. Let's hope he makes the right decision." With that, he took off after Sasuke. "Aki!!" I looked down to see Naruto waving. I frowned and jumped down to him before slapping him. Naruto gaped in shock, "W-What..?" "Don't 'what' me," I angrily said, "What you guys did was unbelievably ridiculous. Sasuke's not okay right now, Naruto. He doesn't know what's right and wrong, and what do you do? Go along with his absurd ideas." "Aki, I-" Naruto tried to speak but I put a hand up, "No, Naruto," I shook my head in disappointment, "Do you understand what you two just did? You almost killed each other!"

     I threw my arms up to show my frustration before teleporting to my room. I couldn't take this anymore. I stepped into my room as I put a hand through my hair to remove the hair ties. I placed them on the table where my eyes paused at the drawing that I framed. I picked it up and stared at the detailed drawing of my family. I didn't have any pictures of them, so I decided to use my skill in art and draw them. I really needed my family right now. I needed them so bad. 

     There was a knock on my door so I put the frame down and exited my room to head towards the entrance. It was a ninja that informed me that I was being summoned by Lady Tsunade. I sighed and gathered my ninja materials before heading for the hokage tower. "Hello, Akira," Lady Tsunade acknowledged. I smiled and bowed a bit and greeted, "Lady Tsunade. I hope you're getting used to being the hokage." She gave me an amused smile and picked up one of her documents to hand it to me. I smiled in confusion as I took it and observed the cover. This was one of the forbidden files, the top secret information that was only available to the elders and the hokage.

      I glanced at Lady Tsunade to see that she was expecting me to open it. I hesitantly took out the contents and let my eyes rake over them. A sharp gasp left my mouth as I read page by page, and I felt myself stumbling back a bit. I re-read them to make sure I wasn't seeing things. It was information about the Kingdom of Kurisutaru and the five great nations along with it. But the important information was the gateway to get to that place. It was located somewhere underground. Just when I was thinking about my family, I have found a way to get back to my kingdom. I really needed to have a break from Sasuke's drama. I trust that Kakashi will handle it.

     When I finally looked up, Lady Tsunade was giving me a warm smile. "Akira, I think you deserve to go back." I blankly stared at her for a few seconds before a wide smile took over my face, "Lady Tsunade, I don't know how to thank you. I.. I really do need to go. I've been so worried, and.. Oh my- I can't believe this."

     She nodded and passed me another piece of paper, "I actually have already communicated with the leaders over there." A look of surprise crossed my face, "Really?" I murmured and took the letter from her hands. Mr. Murasaki? Who's that? I read the information in the letter and let out a gasp. The letter had said that they would be expecting me the day after tomorrow. And that would mean that I have to leave tomorrow, because the gateway leads to a nearby city, and from there, I am to travel to the kingdom. Not to mention they will be sending a horse to help me travel.

     "Wait, I'm leaving so soon?!" I exclaimed. Lady Tsunade nodded in confirmation, "I hope you don't mind. They're just very excited to get you over there and asked for your presence as soon as possible. They've mentioned that you should lay low just to be safe, but there isn't much harm to go your way." I slowly nodded and looked at the letter again. I was finally going back.

     "However, if you look at the back, I did set some requirements. You are, in fact, part of Konoha right now. You understand that, right?" Lady Tsunade said as she lent forward to rest her arms on the table. I nodded, "Yes, I am a shinobi here. It's understandable that you would have a say in this." "That's right. I will let you go, but you are to come back after a week. Report to me everything you've seen and done there, and then you are free to make your own choices. If you are to be crowned Queen, I would like to form an official alliance again. There's also the option of continuing to be a shinobi here. There are a few other problems that come into play as well. What are you going to tell your teammates? Are problems resolved, or do they still want your head? And most importantly, make sure you are safe. We will talk about your celestial beast later, but it's probably in your best interest to pack up right now. You will leave first thing in the morning tomorrow, so say your farewells."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Wassup guys I finally updated. I hope the chapter was worth the wait! Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment/vote/follow!

Published: May 7th, 2018

Edited 

~ Lyragirl11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 1.3K 28
[Regular weekly update] (Friday-Sunday) We used to be close but people can go from people you know to people to don't~ ...
303K 9.4K 58
[ Highest Ranking: #1 in Naruto ] [ Highest Ranking: #1 in Uchiha ] A will. A faculty leading to an action. A resolution. Everyone has a will, a rea...
14.2K 530 22
Apparently I'm from the Narutoverse. And I'm the Prophesied Princess? A prophecy was placed on me saying that I will help bring love and light to thi...
207K 7.1K 19
Its a sasuhina fanfic. If you don't like the ship or feel offended by it then please kindly leave. But if you are a hardcore sasuhina fan then this i...