Keep Holding On

بواسطة dolphingirl1983

Sydney flees a disastrous relationship. She moves to Los Angeles to get away from the horrible memories haunt... المزيد

Part One
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Ten
Part Eleven
Part Tweleve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Eigteen
Part Ninteen

Part Two

557 19 1
بواسطة dolphingirl1983

The cab dropped me off in front of a little white house and I smiled. It looked just like the photo I had seen and I couldn't wait to get inside. I was meeting the landlord there in a couple minutes to get the keys and officially sign the lease. I had a couple days to get stuff cleaned up in there, no one had lived there for a while.

I started my new job on Monday, I was excited. I walked up on the front porch steps and sat my bags down and looked in the window. I was happy to see that just like she said, the house came fully furnished, which was great considering all I had were some clothes and other personal stuff I couldn't live without. I turned as I heard a car slowing down and pulling into the driveway across the street. I walked over to the swing and sat down, hoping she would be here soon.

"Dude, it was awesome!" I smirked as I saw two men get out of the car, laughing and talking about some other guy. "You should have seen him, total dumb ass." They looked in my direction and I averted my eyes. "That must be the girl Shelly was talking about." They watched me a little longer before walking into the house.

A couple minutes later, another car pulled into the driveway of my new house. That must be Shelly. I stood up and smiled at her as she made her way to me. "I'm so sorry I'm late." She walked to me and shook my hand.

"It's no problem. I haven't been here very long." She smiled and opened the door. I walked and side and instantly fell in love. I saw the stairs as soon as I entered. To the left was the formal living room, to the right was the huge family room with a nice size fire place. Directly back from the front door was the kitchen. I walked into it and my mouth dropped open at how updated it was. I couldn't wait to get in there and bake.

"You like it Sydney?" Shelly's voice pulled me from my thoughts and I smiled.

"It's amazing. I could see myself here." She nodded and dug into her bag for the paperwork. We sat at the table and went over it. I started filling out all the personal information, I sighed when it got to the part about emergency contacts. "Ummm... I don't have anyone to list. I don't have any family."

"That's fine, honey. Just leave it blank. So, I heard you got hired at the little bakery down the street. You must be good, Carrie only hires the best." I shrugged.

"Yeah, I mean I use to work for a bakery in New York. When I sent her my resume, she hired me right away." We both laughed and finished the paperwork.

"Alright. Everything looks great. Here's the keys and rent is due next month by the 5th. Oh, and if you need anything, Ronnie and Michael live across the street. Really amazing guys. They'll be more than happy to help." I got up and walked with her outside. I had absolutely not intention of asking for anything from them. I just wanted quite and not to be bothered by a man in general for a long time.

"I'll make note of it. Thank you so much for helping me get this place." She waved as one of guys made his way back to the car and called her name. He was a gorgeous man, black hair, tattoos covering his arms and neck, even a couple on his face. I couldn't help but to let my gaze wonder down his body, jeez how could one man look so amazing.

"Hi Ronnie." She called. He started making his way over to us and I started getting nervous. I knew not every man was like Jason, but my guard would be up for a long time. He smiled as he stopped in front of us, both of them making small talk. He looked at me and smiled. "Ronnie, this is Sydney. She's just moving in and starts working at Carrie's bakery next week." He looked surprised.

"Hi, Syd. You must be amazing if Carrie hired you." I slightly smiled and looked away from him. His brown eyes piercing mine, it was like he could see into my soul, I didn't like it.

"That's what I keep hearing. It was nice meeting you, but I have a lot to do. Thanks again, Shelly." I shook her hand and watched as they started walking away. I knew they were talking about me. I heard him ask her what my story was.

"I haven't figured it out yet." I heard her say. "She moves by herself from New York, amazing baker from what Carrie told me, no family to speak of. You and Michael should watch out for her." I saw him nod before I shut the door. I didn't need to have anyone watching out for me. I wanted to tell them both that, but I hated to be rude when they were so nice.

I leaned against the front door as I shut it, smiling again as I looked around. It was the first time in years that I had lived alone. That I could do anything I wanted with any room in this house. It was exhilarating. I ran up the stairs, looking in the mirror in the hall. I flipped my hair to the other side of my head and noticed the bruise on my hairline with the cut in the middle of it was darkening. It would soon be gone. I would just have to be careful to not let anyone see it. I didn't want any questions.

I walked to the next room and flung the door to my room open, immediately jumping on the huge bed and laughing. I couldn't believe I had managed what I did. I wished I could have brought my phone, to see how Jason was going crazy without me answering. I couldn't though, I knew he had the tracker turned on and I wasn't going to risk him finding me.

I must have been exhausted, I had only intended to close my eyes for a moment and was instantly asleep.

(Flashback- New York)

I walked into work and around the counter leading to the back to put all my stuff in my locker. I had a lot to do this morning, I had to show all the staff the new desert menu for this month that I just created. I loved my job, I loved being the head baker and getting to plan new menus. It was my dream and my passion. I loved how my inventions and of course classic things, made people seem so happy. We did everything from wedding cakes to any kind of deserts you could imagine.

"Sydney. I looked over the new menu and I have to say, it looks amazing like always. I knew I made the right choice promoting you." I smiled brightly at Heather, feeling giddy that she really liked my ideas.

"Thank you, Heather. I love doing it." We talked a little more before the bell chimed indicating there was a customer. "I got it." I walked over to the counter and saw the most handsome man standing there in a business suit. Not really my type, but he was gorgeous none the less. Sandy blonde hair, muscular build, dark blue eyes. I felt nervous as I made my way to him. "Can I help you?"

"Well, Sydney, I'm hoping you can. I need about two dozen chocolate cupcakes. It's for a meeting at work. I meant to come here yesterday but was so busy, by the time I left, you were closed." I looked at the inventory and smiled.

"Well, it seems like it's your lucky day. We just got some made. Their being frosted as we speak. I'll go get them ready for you." He smiled warmly at me before I walked away.

About 20 minutes later, I walked back to the front with two boxes full of chocolate cupcakes and handed them to him. "I was just reading about this place while I was waiting. You're THE Sydney, aren't you? The baker?" I smiled and giggled.

"That would be me." I was amazed that he was talking to me that way, like he was really impressed.

"Wow. It's really nice to meet you. I'm Jason. Jason Flemming." He shook my hand as we continued to make small talk. He paid for the cupcakes and turned to leave. Suddenly he turned back to me. "Look, I know this may seem really forward, but is there anyway I could take you to dinner tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, that would nice." He asked for my number telling me he would call me later with all the details. I smiled as he walked out the door. Finally it seemed that maybe I had just meant a decent man.

(End flashback)

I woke with a start and tried to remember where I was. It was starting to get dark and I remembered a little grocery store right down the street, easily within walking distance. I got up and walked downstairs grabbing my bag and walking out the front door. I started walking down the driveway, when Ronnie caught my attention.

"Hi again, Syd." I smiled and continued on my way. "Do you need a ride somewhere, I'd more than happy to give you one." I stopped and looked at him.

"Thanks but I'm fine." I started to walk again when I noticed him walking beside me. "What are you doing?"

"It's a nice night for a walk." I shook my head and looked away from him. "You mind if I walk with you?"

"It's a free country, you can do what you want." He smirked and nodded falling into step beside me. We didn't talk after that, he followed me to the store and waited outside as I got what I needed. Then he walked me back to the house.

"It's really not a good idea for you walk around alone at night by yourself. So until you get a car, if you need to go anywhere, let Michael or I know and one of us will take you." I looked at him and trying to figure out why he was being so nice.

"Why would you do that for someone you don't even know? Why are you being so nice?" In my experience, men only wanted to control woman, make them their play things. I didn't understand him.

"Shelly asked me to keep an eye on you and I gave her my word I would. So don't forget." I nodded and watched him walk back to his house. I walked up the steps and into mine, turning to face the door as I shut it. I saw Ronnie smile and wave as I shut it. I shook my head as I made my way to the kitchen, I would definitely have to watch out for him.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.8K 102 61
"They won't stop till your Zombified" Ronnie, ex-singer, tries his best to survive the zombie apocalypse. But he's struggles. Especially after watch...
55.7K 1.6K 33
*COMPLETED* -Currently working on a sequel! "Your Lies Keep You Alive"- Taylor Green has it all! She has a boyfriend that thinks the world of her, a...
14.2K 260 21
Ally and Ronnie had known each since before he went to prison. They were madly in love. When rumors spread of her sleeping with another man, Ronnie d...
265K 7.9K 70
Riley is now a high school graduate. Her parents send her off to her brothers in California to be only sent away again. She is sent off to a vacation...