Every Kind of Way

By Miyahbabyy

Ever since Grace was little she has suffered from cancer. Whenever she gets her hopes up it will go away, it... More

Chapter 1

186 10 9
By Miyahbabyy

"She will be lucky if she she is still alive next month." The doctor told 12 years old Grace father.

Grace knew something was wrong with her, and she knew she was going to die.. matter of fact she wanted to die.

Grace was through with her pain and she wanted it all to stop. She knew she would never be a normal girl because of her condition and no longer wanted to get her hopes up. The only thing she wanted was to be dead so she no longer had to live this life.

She wanted her father to be happy and she felt as if the only way he would ever be happy was if she was no longer here.

Grace was her fathers only worries and she was old enough to know he stressed because of her condition she could not help. Life would've been so much easier for her and her dad if she would hurry up and die.

Sometimes she even thought about doing it herself.

"Well guess what genius? You told me the same bs last month! She is still here isn't she? Stop telling me she is going to die and run some more tests because my daughter is not dying. She can't die."

Greg looked over at his daughter with teary eyes, "You will survive this."'

Grace was not trying to hear anything anybody had to say at this point. She wanted it all to end so she no longer had to deal with this or be a burden on her father.

"Sir I ran as many tests as I could and did a bunch of scans—

"Can you just get out?" My dad asked in a calm tone so he wouldn't raise his blood pressure too much.

The doctor left the room with a disappointed look on his face.

"I just wish I would die already."

"Why would you say that? Huh?" Greg asked his daughter giving her arm a nudge.

"Everything would be so much more simple! You wouldn't have me as a burden in your life.. all you ever do is stress about me and im counting down the days for me to die and.. its depressing. I'm always in pain and I can't remember the last time I was even happy..I just feel like if I wasn't here everyone's lives would be so much easier. I don't want to be here anymore dad." Grace cried and her father cried along with her.

He rubbed the tears coming down her face and was trying his best to stay strong for his daughter but it was hard. Both Grace and her father already suffered enough from when his wife got into a car accident and died 3 years ago. She was the bone that kept the family together during Grace's journey and Greg was having a hard time taking her place.

"You will get through this.. I promise. And your not a burden on me.. I love you and if you were to leave me I don't know what I would do. You make my day just by waking up.. fuck this cancer you can overcome anything this world throws your way. I don't want to hear you speaking like that you hear me? Your not going anywhere. I will be here for you always, and don't ever think you are a burden on me EVER. I would be going even more crazy if you were dead."

Grace tried to believe her dad but it was the hardest thing to do. She faked a smile as he kissed her forehead and she drifted off to sleep hoping she didn't wake up.

Present Day

"Girl just come! Its no sense of staying locked away when you can be out looking for you a man!" Grace friend Sael tried to convince her.

Ever since Grace moved away with her best friend to Atlanta all her friend wanted to do was get her out the house. Her dad no longer communicated with her ever since she moved but sent her money, paid all her bills and medications because of her cancer and she additionally she got money from her grandmother. The only thing her father wanted her to do at this point in life was enjoy it, and the only way he thought she would is to get away from home and from him. He sheltered his daughter so much and the last thing he wanted was for her to live a sad life like she did her last 18 years.

He wanted her to find love, and hope and he realized he did all he could and now it was her turn to see her true potential, enjoy life and maybe even find love. He did everything he could and now it was her turn. Her dad paid her first month rent and said she had until then to find a job. She now worked at a grocery store not to far from her condo and her friend worked in a salon, and in addition sold wigs online that she made.

"Ugh. Look I'm happy just where I'm at you have been trying to drag me out to parties and shit for the longest. I'm not interested in going to a halloween party. You know I don't like scary shit anyways." Grace told Sael as she adjusted her frontal in the mirror of her apartment.

"Look you have been waiting to die since you were how old? Like 10? You know damn well if your going on 19 your ass is not going anywhere no time soon. So you need to stop turning men down, get you some dick and live a little like c'mon now. What kind of friend would I be if I kept letting you do this to yourself?"

It was true indeed that Grace still sat back waiting to die because her cancer kept coming back just like it always did. She no longer wanted to hurt anybody so she decided once her dad left her by herself she wouldn't put her weight on top of no man. Every single guy that came onto her she politely turned down because in the end she knew she would only hurt them.

"A good one. You would protect someone else's feelings because as soon as I get into a relationship they will run or my time will finally be gone.."

"Grace your not fucking dying geez. The doctors have been saying that for years yet you keep coming back strong—

"Just to come back 10 times weaker. I been over this bs."' She mumbled.

"Grace..your coming to this halloween party...no ifs ands or buts. I even made you a new wig and that shit was high as hell so no is not a option."

"I'm sure it's beautiful and would look better on you."

"Please Grace..okay just come just to get out the house."

Grace knew it was no winning in this argument. She has been friends with Sael since she was in 9th grade and that has been her only friend. Grace didn't like a whole lot of people in her business so she kept her circle fairly small.

"Alright fine! I'll come. Just to get out the house though and I'm coming straight back home afterwards."

"Yesss! This is going to be so lit! I want you to wear something sexy because it is a lingerie halloween party, don't come in there looking plain cause then you will just draw attention to yourself."

"Hold up I have to get half naked? I change my mind hell no."

"It will be fun! We can even go shopping the morning so you can pick out something sexy to wear."

"Sael.. my body does not look as good as yours you know I'm nothing but a toothpick I'd rather be clothed."

"Bitch stop. I'm not going back and forth with you anymore. We trying to get you a boo it's so many sexy college niggas thats going to be at this party." her friend said getting excited.

"Look I have to go but I'll be at your crib tomorrow at 12 so be ready."

"But—

"Be ready." She said before she hung up.

Grace was not looking forward to this party but if it made her only friend happy she was willing to go.

She decided she just wanted to chill the rest of the night so she put on her night clothes and too off her wig revealing her bald head.  Nobody knew Grace had cancer besides her friend for the simple fact that she was embarrassed.

Everyone just thought she was a girl who loved her wigs and frontals which was normal for this day and time. Plus her roomie made wigs and everyone knew that they lived together.

But deep down it was her secret she wanted nobody to know about because she knew people would only feel bad for her and she's not a big fan of the guilt parties.

She sat in her bed feeling free from the hot wig and enjoying the feeling of air hitting her head. She laid down on her bed and cut on a movie.

Sael.

Sael walked into Avery's apartment complex on campus with a great idea in her head.

He opened the door with no shirt on, and basketball shorts. "What's up?" He asked stretching looking as if he just woke up.

"May I come in?"

He nodded his head, and they went in and sat down on the couch. "Ok where is your shirt?" She asked, and he smirked shaking his head. "Look shawty this my crib. If I wanna be in here with no shirt on I will." He said turning Sael on but she had to keep her composure and go through with this plan.

"So what's up? You woke me up from my sleep so speak." He said in a harsh tone.

"I have a plan to hook up Dre and Grace." She started, and Avery had a confused look on his face.

"Wait what? hook them up? I thought she liked me."

"No she doesn't are you stupid?" Sael asked getting closer to him but he only backed away.

"Nah.. I just.. I thought she did because she is always smiling at me when I see her. Not just that but that day when I first seen her and talked to her she was flirting."

It was true that Avery liked Grace and Grace liked Avery. Avery was too shy to show his real feelings for Grace because he was scared of rejection, and thought she didn't feel the same way. But what Avery doesn't know is that Grace was crushing on him before she even moved near the campus and Sael knew that for a fact.

Grace wanted to speak up and talk to more to Avery but she didn't want to hurt him when he found out the truth about her.

"Well she doesn't. If anything she likes Dre so we need to hook them up."

"The last time she saw Dre she rolled her eyes and told me he was childish, and what's this have to do with me?"

"Your friends with him so help me come up with something so they can get together because she's shy. She's not going to approach him but I really want my friend to be happy she deserves it. The only reason she acted like she didn't like him is because she's stubborn and doesn't like to admit her feelings but trust me she does."

"Yo what's her problem anyways? She's sweet and all but she just seems... I don't know different. I like different though."

"She's shy. Are you going to help me or what?"

"I mean.. I guess." Avery surrendered. Now that he thought he knew the truth about Grace and how she really feels she might as well be with someone she likes.

"Great. Ok so here's the plan.. isn't he going to that halloween lingerie party here on campus?"

"Yeah but we coming clothed. We just coming to see the ladies." He said putting his hands behind his head.

"Yeah yeah I know. He's going to be in the haunted house right? To scare people?"

"If you go in that haunted house your getting some D. Your basically asking for it..that's how it is every year, and everybody knows that."

"Perfect." Sael said with a grin on her face, "This should be fun."

"What?"

"Your going to help me get them in their together so she can get laid." Sael said with a grin on her face.

"Wow.. I'm not to sure about this. I don't want to be caught up in this mess if shit goes down."

His dark skin looked moist making Sael want to drool. His perfect lips turned her on, and her want to jump on him. She quickly snapped out of her thoughts.

"Just.. help me please and trust me your friend will be thanking me once he you know.. they do it. He needs some anyways he's childish and goofy as hell."

"Ain't nothing wrong with Dre he just need a stable girl to slow him down. He gets all the girls though."

"Pshh right. In what dream? They would be perfect for each-other."

"They seem pretty opposite to me. You sure about this plan? I mean I'll help you and all but if it's one of your damn schemes just tell me now. I know your all about the damn drama."

Sael was a lot of drama, and was always fighting or always had someone's name in her mouth. Her mouth was big as hell causing her to have continuous drama, and no friends besides Grace.

"Chill. It's not a scheme I swear and I am not drama!" Sael said getting defensive.

"Yeah tell that lie to someone else but I'm not falling for it."

He got up and went into the kitchen to pour him something to drink, and Sael followed him.

"So are you in or what? Because my time is precious." She said with her hand on her hip.

"I swear if this start some shit don't fucking talk to me again." He said gulping apple juice from the container.

"Got you. This will be just perfect."

Sael bit her lip looking at Avery seductively. How could someone be this attractive? She felt herself getting aroused just be looking at him. Avery would be all hers once she hooked Grace up with his friend. She could not wait for her plan to come to life.

Just a quick chapter. How y'all like this so far?

Be honest

-Miyah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

973K 76.8K 38
• INDIAN ARRANGE MARRIAGE • ˜"*°•.˜"*° •°*"˜.•°*"˜ "You're my peace within all the Chaos of my life" ...
1.7M 65.2K 52
I beg to differ that.", I sassed and got out of his grip ready to move out of the room when he pulled me by my elbow and the next second I was pushed...
2.2M 87.7K 32
How long can a mother keep the father's identity from her child? Not that long if luck isn't on her side. ****** Wattpad Originals 5th Anniversary Ev...