Turn of Life

By menaka92

Our life is a mixture of love and hatred, happiness and sorrow, twists, blunders and many more...!! Though we... More

Turn of Life
Prologue
1.Priya!!
2. Murder plan
3.Twist!
4.Flashback
5.Sneaking out of hostel
6.Kiran's birthday
7. Birthday celebrations
8.Teasing eachother
9. Meeting them
10. Confusion
11. Last
12.Thank you
13.Shock
14.Reveal
15.Pranav's dad
16.Unexpected Proposal
17.Broken
18.Again
19.The phone call
20. Game
21. Process
22.New Task
23.Success
24.Unexpected support
25.Long time
26.Blame
27.Irresistable Attraction
28.First day
29.Treating him
30.Stubbron
31.Prince Charming
32.Unknown feelings
33.Little did I know
34.The day
35.Fate
36.Destiny
37.Friends talk
38.Deadly virus
39.Drunk
40.Long
41.Her antics
42.Emotions
43.Answers
44.Brothers
45.First kiss
46.The proposal
47.Unexpected care and comfort
48.(Un)Pleasent Surprise
49.Secret revealed
50. I know
51.Why?
52.The bet
53.Anything possible
54.A night to remember
55.Her reply
56.A day with her
57.Bad feeling
58.The news
59.I like him?
60.The meet
61.New member in the gang
63.Marriage?
64.The complete day
65.My heart
66.Break
67.Waiting
68.Missing
69.Hurt
70.Mystery
71.Can't be happening
72.Loophole
73.Almost there
74.Peace at the end?
75.Not so romantic proposal
76.The final verdict
77.Fire girl
78.Lie
79.Party
80.Wishes
81.Dean to dad
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3
Epilogue 4
Epilogue 5
Epilogue 6
Questions and Answers

62.Happy? Not happy?

619 59 19
By menaka92

Preeti Pov

I clearly understood that I was so dumb to think that Yash is a traitor. He's such a gentleman. He forgave us in no time. I also saw how much he loves Kavya and Pranav. I'm so happy that Kavya has someone who loves her so much unlike me.

Kiran!

The man I loved the most in my life apart from my dad. I loved him with all my heart and all he did was break my heart.

I remember when we met and how I promised him to walk throughout my life holding his hand.

(Past in italics)

On his birthday, after we kidnapped him and celebrated his birthday in a simple yet beautiful way, I planned to confess my love for him. I arranged everything necessary for it. I was searching for him and entered the pub across only to see my earth beneath me slipping away.

There he was, dancing with another girl, with his hands on her waist and her hands around his nape. I felt myself burning inside. For a minute, I hated myself for loving a person like him but yet I couldn't hate him. Will her never understand my true love?

After that day, o completely avoided him. Though I didn't act weird in front of my friends, I mentally made sure not to fall for him again. My highschool days passed by with great difficulty.

After our high school got over, we lost contact of eachother. But still I couldn't get over Kiran. I tried to get along with other boys to. Many tried to hit on me but never I felt the way Kiran made me feel. It was like an addiction.

But like everyone says any addiction is bad. Likewise me bring addicted to him was also bad. I couldn't think of anything normally.

I was living like a zombie until one day I was run down by a car in a highway. I was bleeding to death when I saw Kiran running towards me. I smiled looking at him after so many months and that was the last thing my mind registered before I passed out.

The next time I opened my eyes was when I sat in the hospital. I felt my arm aching very badly and my shaft being bandaged. What surprised me was to see Kiran sleeping near my bed with his head resting on his hand, on the bed. He seemed sleep deprived, his hair was messy and his eyes had huge eye bags below them.

For a moment my heart skipped a beat thinking about his care towards me. Did he actually stay with me for taking care of me?

I was in my dream land when his eyes shuttered open. I quickly shut my eyes and pretend to be asleep. I heard him shifting comfortably on the chair. He sat still, observing me with his keen gaze. I felt the environment turning hot and I could no longer keep my eyes shut. I wanted to ask him why he was looking at me like that.

Thankfully someone entered the room that time.

"Thank you beta(son)! I'll take care now, you go" my mom said.

There was complete silence until the door opened again and I guess the doctor entered in.

"How is she? Did she wake up?" The doctor asked.

"No doc, she didn't. Is she alright? You told that she'll wake up within 24 hours" Kiran spoke I'm his restless tone.

"No need to worry Mr. Kiran, let me check her" the doctor said and checked my heartbeat and my pulse and I was still acting to be unconscious.

"She's normal now. She'll wake up within an hour or so, no need to worry" the doctor said.

"Aunty, I think you're still sleepy. I bet you didn't sleep the whole night thinking about her. So go and eat something and get a coffee. Till then I'll take care of her" I heard Kiran saying.

"No beta, it's ok. I'm fine, thank you" mom said.

"Aunty, you call me beta right? So it's a wish of a son, please go and refresh, I'm here till then" Kiran said and I heard the door opening and closing.

"Preeti, please wake up soon. I can't see you like this" he said and suddenly he held my hand.

He started caressing it lightly and my body tensed immediately.

"Preeti, I know you're avoiding me and even I avoided you just for fun but truly I miss you.

I miss you so much that I can't help but stare at your photo all the time.
I miss you so much that I can't help but dream about you every night.
I miss you so much that I can't help but want to hug you tight.
I miss you so much that is killing me to see you avoid me like a plague.

I know I was an asshole to play with you. I was a jerk to intentionally hurt you. I was a bastard to not confront you. I was a coward to hide from you all these days.

Believe me or not, I couldn't control myself from walking behind you everyday just to see you. I know I was a creepy stalker but I can't control myself.

I realized my biggest mistake to act like a fucker just before I was going to confess to you on my birthday" my breadth got hitched at what he said.

He was going to confess to me?

"I love you Preeti" he said and I felt a soothing kiss on my forehead. What? He loves me?

"I was a playboy back then and used to flirt a lot. I was genuinely enjoying your presence and I didn't realize it until one day you didn't come to school. I was so much crazy that I almost slapped my professor when he was annoying me with his question about guass law. I so much wanted to shout your name instead of that stupid guass law but I just stromed out of the class and went to our regular place in the canteen where we used to eat pav-bhaji with all our bickerings. I wasn't in my right mind then and only at that time I realised how much you mean to me" he said it all on a breathe and I found myself dancing inwardly.

What else does a girl need other than knowing the boy she loves, loves her with all his heart?

I felt a gentle kiss on my cheek when he continued speaking.

"I didn't know when and how I feel for you but all I wanted to do that moment was kiss you hard to show you how much I missed you. That was the day I decided that you are the one for me and I won't let you go ever.

I came to know that you too love me on my birthday through Harish. That was the moment I felt like the most happiest man alive. And that was the moment I regret the most too" he said. What? What does he regret?

"I came to know that you too love me so I kinda took you for granted. I wanted to confess to you that day. I even took my parent's permission. But that stupid devil inside me wanted to play with you. That's why I acted like dancing with that girl in the pub. I saw you coming in and noticing me. I saw your jealousy too. I thought you'd come and slap me but I never knew that would leave you broken. I expected you to confront my everyday but you never showed up and started avoiding me.

And I, a man full of ego, wouldn't want to confess first and that was the biggest mistake. I realized my mistake darling. Please come back to me. I can't afford to lose you" he said and if I'm not wrong, I felt some drops on my hand. Is he crying?

"I was almost dead when the car ran you down. Trust me the longest journey of my life was when I carried you here to the hospital. I wasn't sane and my mind was haunted with all possible bad scenarios. I felt numb till the moment doctor told me that you'd be alright within 24 hours" he said and constantly water was touching my hand.

God! I never knew Kiran loves me so much!

"I love you idiot. Please don't be stubborn now also. I want to look at your eyes and see myself in it. I want you to slap me, punch me and pull my leg just like you used to do in school days. I miss you" he said.

I can't hold anymore.

I slowly opened my eyes and felt the pain still there.

I was expecting to see Kiran's face shining the first thing but what I saw broke my heart.

He was resting his head on his hand which was over my hand, caressing it. His eyes were fluffy and tears were continuously flowing down.

"Hey idiot" I whispered and he was still in the same position.

I shook my hand a bit picking up all my strength.

"You took so long to open your eyes?" He asked me while his head was still resting on my hand.

Wait! Don't tell me he already...

"You're so mean, you know that? You could have asked me directly instead of pretending to be unconscious till now" he said and finally lifted his head to look at me.

Damn! His black eyes were red and his hair was still messy. His nose was shrunk indicating how much he cried.

He knew?

He knew that I was awake all this while? What?

"You...you...knew..." He didn't let me complete.

"Yes stupid, I know. I saw you waking up even before your mom entered" he said and forced a smile.

"Shit" I cursed under my breadth and he chuckled.

"I know everything about you"

"Then why didn't you tell me earlier?" I asked him out of confusion.

"I know you wanted to hear me out. Also you deserve to know what's in my mind and heart. I know you were awake but I don't know why I couldn't control my tears even then" he said and wiped his tears again.

He just makes me fall for him more.

I geatured him to come close to me.

I kissed his forehead and he gave me a billion dollar smile. I smiled back involuntarily and finally he said what I wanted to hear.

"I love you Preeti" I was dumb folded.

"I love you with all my heart"

He took a deep breath and continued.

"I know I was an asshole to make you cry all these days but you weren't the only one to undergo such a pain. I promise you I'll always stick you're side and will never leave you even if you want me to leave. You're stuck with me life long" he smirked at the end.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked him.

He smirked wider and reached for his coat which was hanging on the chair. He pulled out a small black box and opened it to reveal a beautiful diamond ring. I was tongue tied to see it. It was just.... Perfect.

Just then the dolr bust open to see my dad, mom and his parents entering the room.

He helped me sit upright on the bed, taking the support of the back stand.

He kneeled down and I face palmed myself. Am I dreaming?

"Preeti Shah marry me and let's make a future together" he said, forwarding his hand in request to accept his proposal.

"Is it a question or a statement idiot?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Question if you're answer is a yes and statement is it's a no" he smirked back.

"What type of proposal is that idiot?" I giggled.

"It's Kiran's way of proposal. You have no other choice than saying yes" he smirked back.

"What if I say I don't want to marry you?" I teased him.

"Then I'll drag you to the mandap. I don't care about anything, all I want is to be beside you till my last breath" he said.

"I love you too idiot and yes, I'll marry you" I said with happy tears flowing down my eyes.

He stood up and slide the ring in my left hand ring finger. It just fit me perfectly.

Just then I heard some clappings and I realized my parents and his parents are here too. I hugged him shyly, placing my head on the crook of his neck. He chuckled and hugged me back tightly, making sure not to hurt me.

"Finally! My son was insane all these days. And finally I can see him smile after months. Thanks dear" his mom kissed my forehead after I released from his hug.

I got to know that he already spoke about our love to our parents and took their parents. I love him so much!

(Past over)

A tear dropped down my eye remembering the past. He loved me a lot and never failed to prove it. He pampered me a lot and helped me every time I needed him. He was always an ideal boyfriend and I couldn't thank god for more. I started dreaming of our future when the bomb dropped on my head in Paris.

I never expected him to act like that after all the love we shared. I looked at the ring he gave me. Does this mean nothing to him? Is all this engagement a mere drama for him? Am I nothing? Is my love nothing but a toy for him to play with?

Thinking about that just increased my anger. I hugged my pillow and kept looking at the ring. Every second the video kept coming in front of my eyes. How can he kiss another girl?

I hate him!
I hate you Kiran Dixit!
There's nothing between us anymore!

I removed the ring from my hand and threw it harshly on the edge of my bed when suddenly my room door burst open.

There stood the idiot in all his glory. He smirked and took the ring I threw.

He came to me and forcefully made me wear it. He then held my wrist and pulled me outside. He made me sit in his car ignoring all my yelling and hitting.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"We're going to get married darling!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 7.4K 70
Isn't Twilight sky a beautiful view ? . . When two different colours of nature merge and there comes a blissful colour out of it ! . . And here when...
84.8K 4.4K 74
She is unaware of his heart which beats only for her. She is aware of his ignorance which is at all not correct. The question is will she able to u...
19.9K 472 39
What if your internet crush becomes your present? This is a story of a girl named Ahana who is jovial and carefree. She is like a boy named Aryan. He...
16.3K 1K 53
Basically, it's about a girl who suffered a heart break and that heart break made her arrogant, not trusting anyone (trust issues), with that trust i...