The Adventure Kids go to Far...

By AdventureGirl5

The Akids and Shrek are back together again! Shortly after Shrek and Fiona's honeymoon, they're invited to me... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 1

3K 18 32
By AdventureGirl5

It was a mid summer afternoon at Kali's house, as everyone was playing outside, including the chickens. Kali was sitting down at the table on the porch while watching Teeders, the twins, the chickens and everyone else having fun rolling down the hills of grass. 

Kali then looked down as she was holding one of her favorite childhood books on her lap. Thinking it had been awhile now since the gang's last adventure, along with Ginger and Rocky. 

"Whatcha looking at Kali?" Ann asked, as she and the other teens came over. 

"Oh, just my Shrek book" She replied while showing it to the gang. 

"Oh yeah" Brock said, remembering that adventure. 

"How long has it been?" David asked. 

"I'd say about, two months" Cynthia sounded like she was only guessing. 

"Wow! Really? Gosh!" David and the others were shocked. 

"But you know, the time there is different" Teeders reminded them, since Shrek's world was different from their's. 

"I wish we could go back and see them" Ann sighed, missing the big, green ogre and his friends. 

Everyone then looked down and noticed Kali's crystal started flashing with it's glow around her neck. Kali looked well-informed, knowing what this meant. 

"You guys thinking what i'm thinking?" Kali smirked towards her gang. 

"Oh no!" Cynthia already knew what her adventurous tomboy friend was thinking. And the fashionista didn't like it. 

"Oh yeah!" David was up for whatever awaited the gang. 

"Yay adventure!" The twins cheered. 

"We should take the chickens with us this time" Teeders suggested. 

"Oh yeah. After all, Babs and the others haven't even met Shrek yet" Kali mentioned, since only Rocky, Ginger, and Nobby met Shrek on the first adventure the teens had with the ogre the last time.

The teens then came back over to the plucky birds, who were practicing on their flying. All those months of hard work and with a little help of Kali's crystal's magic, the chickens were finally able to fly on their own. Well... that is all except for Nobby.

"Hi Kali" Ginger greeted, smiling to her favorite human as she and the other chickens saw the group of teens come over. 

"Hey guys" Kali smiled to the chickens before noticing someone was missing, after doing a headcount. 

"Where's your brother?" Kali asked Ginger where Nobby was. 

Just then, everyone turned to the top of the hill when they heard Nobby cry out (like you'd do in a charge). He rushed down the hill, flapping his wings aggressively with all his might, trying to fly. But he tripped and fell, rolling up into a ball and was heading straight for the other chickens. 

"Oh not again!" Fowler groaned. 

Nobby then crashed into the other chickens like they were bowling pins, knocking them all over. The other chickens moaned a little in agony being piled up. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you that Nobby is officially grounded" Bunty announced sarcastically.

"Nobby, what were you doing?" The twins asked as they came to help the young rooster back up on his feet. 

"What did it look like? I was trying to fly" Nobby replied, brushing himself off.  

"I've told you many times, it's not just gonna happen overnight" Kali reminded the young rooster with an overbite. Since even though Kali's crystal was magic, nothing of it never came easy for the gang. (You'd figure after all the mishaps Kali and her friends have had during their adventures).

"But Kali, all the others can fly but I can't! Even the chicks are flying now, and they're younger than me. It's not fair!" Nobby complained to the teenage girl, rather upset. 

"I know buddy, but you just gotta be patient" Kali told the anxious rooster. "Your time will come soon?" she patted him on the head and he smiled up at her at least. 

"So what's up?" Rocky asked the teens, since he could tell they were about to ask the chickens something important.

"Oh that's right" Teeders started. "You guys wanna go visit Shrek again?" Teeders asked Ginger, Rocky, and Nobby. And this time they would bring the rest of their family with them. 

"They should be back from their honeymoon by now" David mentioned about Shrek and Fiona. 

"You know it!" Ginger was always up for adventure, with Rocky always sticking by her side no matter how risky it sound. 

"Definitely" Nobby nodded yes, since he, Ginger and Rocky had been waiting for Kali to take them back to see Shrek again. 

The rest of the chickens cheered in agreement, that they'd be getting to meet Shrek for the first time. It was true the gang needed something fun to do for the rest of the summer instead of just laying around bored. 

"Not me!" Bunty crossed her wings with a humph, being the only one who didn't want to go.  

"Why not?" Ginger asked the skeptical red hen why she didn't want to come. 

"Because every time we go on an adventure with you guys, something terrible happens" Bunty replied, and she was obviously correct. 

"I'm with the chicken" Cynthia agreed, coming over to Bunty. But the reason why the fashionista didn't want to go was because of Shrek's horrible hygiene and all at being an ogre, etc.

"Oh come on, it'll be fun" Rocky told them. 

"Where's your sense of adventure?" Mac taunted Bunty a little. 

"Yeah what's the worse that could happen?" Nobby asked them with a smirk.

"The crystal's magic could backfire and we could end up in a place that's not our reality. In fact we could just be made-up characters put into stories like this" Cynthia randomly predicted, talking all fast. 

"Okay, shut up, you're starting to freak me out!" Teeders interrupted Cynthia.  

"And how many times do I have to tell you the crystal's not satanic or witchcraft!" Kali yelled at Cynthia in annoyance. As the adventure girl had mentioned many times before, "Only in the wrong hands can the crystal's power become dangerous"

"That's what you say now" Cynthia mumbled, not trusting Kali or what see did with that mysterious crystal.

Minutes later~ 

The whole gang was inside Kali's secret library, preparing to go back into Shrek's universe. Kali had her reading glasses on while looking through some scrolls Teeders helped her with. Kali then took her reading glasses off and placed her Shrek book aside on her desk. 

"Wait, what about the book?" Cynthia, the twins, and rest of the gang asked, noticing Kali had left it there, remembering last time. 

"We won't need the book" Kali replied with a smirk. 

Just because there wasn't a followup to the original Shrek story, didn't mean the gang couldn't go back to Shrek's universe without using the storybook. 

Kali then explained to the gang she had been learning a new power with help from her magic/time sorcerer teacher in-training, Albert. It's true the crystal's magic had become stronger, but Kali still hadn't tested the new power yet and was told by Albert it might cause a few problems on the first few trys. This already made Cynthia and a few of the others nervous.

The other chickens were a bit nervous about meeting Shrek for the first time. The chicks started asking their uncle Nobby all these questions. 

"He doesn't like it when people run away from him in terror. So whatever you do, don't freak out. And... don't call him a monster" Nobby told his niece and nephew and the other chickens about the ogre. The other chickens only seemed confused. 

"You'll see what we mean once we get there" David told the chickens and they nodded to teen.

Kali was soon ready to activate the portal as everybody held hands together, forming a big circle. (Kinda reminding Kali how back when she was young whenever she went somewhere with Barney and the backyard gang.) Kali's crystal soon glowed brightly and the magic portal soon appeared, with the gangs hair blowing slightly towards it in the breeze the portal made, like being sucked into a blackhole. 

"Okay" Kali looked at one last note before stuffing it down in her pocket. 

"Magic crystal take us to Shrek's world" The adventure girl told her crystal, holding it with her left hand, while Ginger's wing was in her right. 

The portal then slightly grew bigger for a second and the crystal glowed brighter. 

"Here we go!" David said to the others while holding Brock and Rocky's hands, ready to jump into the portal. 

As always, everyone was suddenly swept through the magical vortex and soon transported into Shrek's dimension.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 39 15
What if Puss in Boots be able to make his wish and still afraid of dying? Puss in Boots wasn't expected that his old rival from the past returned to...
4.3K 119 11
𝗗𝗲𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻: Once upon a time, in a far away swamp, there lived an Earth Dragon Slayer named Kai Johnson whose precious solitude is sudden...
10.6K 429 21
WARNING!! // this fanfic contains gore, blood, violence, mentions/depictions of death, mentions of trauma, swearing === A glitch in the matrix is wha...
1.8K 18 11
You have all been waiting for this moment and now it is finally here. After Spyro and Cynder got married and went on their honeymoon, Spyro thought h...