BLACKBIRD (Game of Thrones)

By RockDD20

'When you play the Game of Thrones, You win. Or you die. There is no middle ground.' In which the Princess of... More

BLACKBIRD
ACT I, A MOTHERLESS BASTARD
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
ACT II, THE PRINCESS OF THE STORM
SUMMARY
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
HELLO READERS!

CHAPTER FOUR

4.4K 120 18
By RockDD20

~~~
FREEDOM RIDERS
~~~

VALENCIA WAS NEVER ONE FOR BOREDOM. But as her time in Winterfell drew from hours to days, boredom was beginning to grow stronger and stronger within her every moment.
Lilith had spoken of venturing to Winter town for the day in hopes of retrieving some new belongings for both of them, and yet, Valencia couldn't be bothered to venture into the small town outside of Winterfell.
A positive came out of her boredom though, deciding to leave her chambers she wandered around the large castle for hours, only to become lost within the first five minutes. So she spent her early morning venturing around, trying to lose track of time in the stone hallways of Winterfell, her mind believing she was walking in circles since everything looked the same. Valencia had grown so used to having people around her it seemed strange to be alone, she rather enjoyed it, the silence was welcoming and embraced her with open arms. But that didn't stop her from seeking company.

So she waited inside the stables, laying on a mound of hay waiting for Jon Snow. She had hoped he would arrive sooner, but he hadn't as of yet. For minutes she cursed herself for acting so foolish to think he would return to the stables, and she felt like a complete idiot for trying to predict the future, but she remained, her fingers fiddling with straws waiting for Jon Snow to arrive. She sighed heavily and laid herself out on the hay, she slowly closed her eyes and listened to the quiet sounds of Wintefell, the gentle smell of mud, smoke, and animals, her hearing was trickled with the sound of crackling fire. It was a nice change of pace compared to the heavy crowds of Kings Landing, and the unnatural smells.

Her cheek suddenly felt wet, she opened her eyes and met the deep red ones of Ghosts. His wet snout brushing against hers, and his tongue grazed her forehead, Valencia laughed and sat upwards, her lips pulling into a wide smile. She looked up and met the deep eyes of Jon Snow, his eyes were on her, those dark orbs filled with nerves. He had come.

"Is it silly to admit I was hoping you would come here?" She questioned colour in her cheeks.

Jon set his lips into a line, shaking his head. "No, it isn't silly."

Valencia sat up, wrapping her arms around her knees. "I was wondering if you'd like to ride with me today?" She announced warmly. "I haven't been outside these walls in days, and well, who better to show me the North than you?" She crossed her fingers in hopes he would say yes.

"I don't think that would be wise, my Lady." 

Her brows snapped together. My Lady? She made it very clear she didn't wish to be called that, at least not by him. "And, why not?"

Jon looked away nervously, his hand reaching behind his neck and rubbing the scruff. "I am lowborn, and us being alone would raise many questions."

Valencia shot him a look, standing to her feet she shook off the sticking hay. "Technically, I am lowborn also. So who would ask questions as to why two lowborn's went for a ride for an hour or two?" Her lips curved into a small smile, her brown dress swaying in the breeze entrapping the stables.
She saw the conflicting emotions in Jon's eyes, whether or not he should venture outside Winterfell with the both beautiful and teasing Valencia Baratheon. The princess only hoped he would allow himself some time alone with her, she certainly hoped he would.

"What am I to do, to change your mind?" She spoke slowly, shamelessly flirting when noticing his quiet demeanour proving that Valencia was just as seductive as her father had been in his youth. "Something to remember, Jon Snow. I am extremely stubborn. One way, or another, I always get what I want." The side of her lip quirked up into a teasing smirk, her stepping closer to Jon and her eyelashes batting. She could see how she effected him, she wasn't deaf, dumb or blind, but even if she was, Valencia knew Jon Snow lusted after her the same as she did.

Sighing, he responded. "Just for an hour."

"Just for an hour," Valencia smirked with bundles of excitement.

And so the two mounted on two of Winterfell's horses and set out, they trotted away from Wintefell and deeper into the North. Valencia had no idea where she was going and presumed that Jon was taking her on a loop before eventually returning to Winterfell, she wished her time with him became more than just an hour; though she would take what she could get.

Jon rode ahead of her, but only slightly. Valencia didn't mind however, it gave her time to watch him without him catching her. Her gaze was longing and warm, her mind yearning for affection and passion she undoubtedly knew he could give her. Her skin ached for him to touch, his lips caressing her soft skin, just thinking about made her feel lightheaded. She gripped her reigns even harder imagining what he would be like just kissing her.

Before she could imagine anymore, Jon halted his horse. Frowning, she called, "why have we stopped?"

Turning to her, he leapt off his horse. "The grounds to soft, the horses will get stuck. We should walk, unless you want to turn around?" Valencia shook her head, swinging her leg over the horses head, she went to slide down but Jon was suddenly in her way.

"Um, Jon. I can get off my horse," she grinned sheepishly. Jon bit his bottom lip, embarrassed. Valencia felt guilt bite her, and she held out her hands gesturing from him to come closer. Jon smiled nervously as she grasped his shoulders, and he touched her waist, lifting her from the horse and planting her on the grassy ground with soft mud beneath them. She felt her feet sink in, her riding boots become lost in the mud as her dress sunk also, but she could hardly care for Jon's hands burned into her body.
They were ever so close, their chests touching and their noses almost grazing. Their eyes were locked and if they spoke, their lips would brush one another. His hands still cupped her waist, his longer fingers pressing into her sides, electric snaps licking Valencia's skin where he touched. She shuddered feeling his heart beat rapidly against her chest. Jon wanted to kiss her, she knew he did otherwise he would have turned away.

But why wasn't he advancing?

Jon shook his head and pulled back, leaving Valencia somewhat stunned.

Disappointed, the princess took hold of her horses reigns and followed Jon who had done the same thing. Valencia didn't even try to dodge the puddles of water on the moors. "I haven't seen you for a few days, been sneaking out of the castle have you, Jon?" She asked, presenting him with a lopsided grin.

Jon's cheeks lit up. "Um, no, no I haven't." He responded, "I've just been busy." 

Nodding, Valencia didn't believe him truly. What exactly was he busy with? "It's a shame Ghost couldn't accompany us, why did we leave him behind exactly?"

Jon heated up at her words, his fingers tightening on his horses reigns. "He doesn't like moors," he covered since he actually just wanted her all to himself rather than have her fawning over Ghost the entire time; which she actually would have.

Valencia chuckled at his words, an idea springing to mind.

"Will these horses run if we let go?" She asked slyly.

Jon frowned, "no. They shouldn't, the stable master trains them quite well." 

Valencia smiled and let her horses reigns go, as said it didn't move a muscle. "That's good," she said moving close to Jon.

"Why do you ask?" He questioned visibly swallowing thickly at her close presence.

Valencia cupped her hands behind her back sneakily, standing a few inches apart from him.

"Because I wanted to do this."

With a thrust of her hands, Jon flew back and landed in a thick puddle of water. He gasped at the cold while Valencia began laughing before taking off into a sprint through the levelled moors. Standing to his feet, Jon shook off the excess water and raced after her, hearing her light giggles and heavy breaths.
All the way to the close tree-line Valencia ran, laughing in glee, her calves aching though she didn't mind. Running for a lone tree, she curved her arm around it in an attempt at slowing her racing feet down. Laughing to herself, she spun only to come face-to-face with Jon Snow. He snaked an arm around her waist, as if to say that he had caught her, only it was far more advanced than playful touching. He curled his arm around her, bringing her into his chest at a fast pace, Valencia had no objections in taking hold of his bicep and leaning into him, all the while laughing with breathlessness.

Then, suddenly, Jon's lips were on her own.

It happened so quickly, so delicate and soft that it was hard to comprehend at first. Jon pulled away, his nose grazing with her own. Her heart pounded inside her chest, her eyes becoming heavy with intense emotions.
The princess smiled at Jon who returned a shy grin. His fingers tracing the small of her back fondly, his long fingers leaving cold sparks on her skin. Everything became silent, the only thing you could hear was the gentle hum of birds above them. 

Valencia may not have wanted to kiss Robb, but she wanted to kiss Jon, he already stole her first kiss and she wanted to make it even more memorable. Her hands moved down and she cupped his cheeks, her finger resting beneath his jaw and her thumbs tracing above it. One of Jon's hands held onto her hips, pulling her closer, the sound of chirping birds making everything seem much more real to them. Jon's dark eyes gazed into Valencia's, her brown orbs becoming much more alluring every second he stared into them. Slowly and agonisingly, his eyes left her's, they trailed down the bridge of her nose all the way to the tip before resting on her pink lips.
Slowly the two began to lean in, Valencia leaning upwards while Jon leant down. She could feel his breath fan her face, his fingers dig into her tender skin, the burning of her lips, begging for his touch. Valencia's skin glowed, but it wasn't just the sun that made her shine, it was the pounding of her heart. And the feeling of growing affection to Jon Snow.

Their noses grazed one another, and Valencia could not take it any longer. With a heavy sense of urgency, she collided her lips onto his. Heat burned through Valencia's body, everything was set ablaze and the fire was lit at her lips. Valencia could feel Jon's soft lips press against her own, the smoothness making her want to smile. She moved her hands to the back of his neck, her fingers elegantly wrapping his curls around them, as her toes curled, Jon sighed into the kiss feeling her tug on the curls.
The kiss was littered with inexperience and hasty touches, but neither cared, for it was only them in the darkened corner of the world surrounded by the wet earth, and gentle snowfall. For moments they forgot who they were, Jon was no longer the Bastard of Winterfell, Valencia was no longer the Princess of the Storm. They were just two people who were falling into a love only Gods could make so tragic.

But, the moment was over before it truly began. Jon, with horror on his face yanked himself away from her.

It was as if Valencia had been slapped. Him pulling away stabbed deep within her heart, and for a split second, when she gazed upon him, she believed him to regret kissing her.

"I shouldn't have done that," he confessed taking an agonising long step away from him.

Frowning, Valencia took a step forward. "Don't be like that, it's fine," she cooed placing her hands on the edge of his shoulders, rubbing the leather soothingly. 

Jon shook her off him. "No, it was wrong of me to touch you in such a way."

Valencia's eyes narrowed at his lack of affection, she advanced once more. "You don't need to be sorry, I kissed you back." Her hand found his bicep, turning him to face her, her lustful eyes wishing to see his dark ones.

"I know," he spoke lowly. "But it is disgraceful that I am in your presence, and now that I've kissed you. Matters have only been made worse."

Ignoring the sting in her chest, Valencia's lips formed a hard line. "Jon," she began softly, taking a step to him, grabbing his hand attempting to have him stay. "You can apologise for you actions but I will not, I don't care if it is disgraceful, you are special to me," with each word she said she stepped a little closer. And now her body was dangerously close to Jon's, he swallowed thickly looking into her dark eyes that seemed to capture him.

"My Lady," he said hoarsely.

Valencia whispered up to him, "just Valencia." Reconnecting their lips, Valencia stood on her toes to gain more access. She waited for Jon to kiss her back, and after a moment of stillness, he kissed her back with just as much urgency, his hands running down her back as she took another step forward, his back pressing against a tree. As the kiss began to heat up once more, the princess pulled back, her forehead resting against his. "I won't deny my affection for you," whispered Valencia.

"Affection?" He questioned with a small furrow of his eyebrows. She let a smile creep onto her lips, and Jon looked down to them, the sight of them piercing his mind and reminding him how soft they were.

"I have met many noblemen, and they have all been disrespectful towards me and my ambitions. They told me that the way of politics wasn't a place for a woman, that a woman should never sit on the Iron Throne. But you, you respect me, you respect what I want. And I admire that, I would much rather have met you than all of those men," she spoke slowly, Jon hanging off every word she said. "I wish I had met you sooner." She admitted with a small smile, she swallowed thickly and looked deeply into Jon's brown eyes. "Do you feel the same as I do?"

He wasn't looking into her eyes anymore, they were trained on her lips. Those plump delicate lips that he craved, the sweet taste of her made him feel intoxicated just by thinking about them. The warmth of her skin, the smoothness of her hair, how she moved so elegantly without a care, how every word she ever said made him feel like the bravest man alive.
"Jon Snow," she whispered, her tongue drawing out his name and it only made him crave her more. The way she pronounced words made his insides curls, her southern accent was strong and delicate, her lips smacking together softly as she spoke. He adored everything about her, her hope, her dreams, her stubbornness, he adored all of it. Valencia was very different from the Northern girls he knew, she was softer yet stern, gentle but harsh, respectful but she had the tongue of a snake. She was hot and cold, fire and ice. Jon thought he would never be attracted to a Southerner, but here he was, gazing at one's lips like they were clouds. He wanted to answer her, but words could not form, his lips were frozen and his mind was jumbled. He watched as she waited, her eyebrow arching in a questioning way, her smile faded thinking he would not answer.

His hand raised to cup her cheek, his thumb tracing her jaw, his hand carved its way onto the back of her head curling around her hair and cradling her skull. Valencia's hands rested on his sides, their bodies drawing closer with each breath they took.

And ever so softly Jon Snow's lips touched Valencia Baratheon's.

This kiss lasted longer than the one moments ago, it was delicate and much more softer. They moved in perfect sync, their eyes both closed and their equally full lips moving against the others in way that would make Gods jealous.
When they pulled back Valencia had a gentle smile on her lips. "Tell me if I'm wrong, but does that mean you do?" She asked chuckling, Jon smiled and chuckled along with her his teeth gnawing on his lips both hands now cupping her cheeks.

"I do." He whispered with a smile, Valencia grinned leaning her forehead against his, their moment created perfect bliss and harmony. "This is crazy, what if we get caught?" Whispered Jon, his lips brushing hers.

"Then we'll be caught, but before we do, I don't have a care in the world." She leant up and kissed him lightly.

Jon smiled into the kiss, holding her tightly. They kissed for a little longer, Valencia becoming more lustful with each kiss he granted her, and as her hands began to yank at his vest only then did Jon pull away. He knew of her father's reputation with women, and he could already see she held the same lust as her father did, and the last thing he wanted was to become intimate in such an open space. "We should return to the horses."

Although Valencia wanted to stay out longer she nodded in agreement.

The ride back to Winterfell was quiet and heated. Stolen looks, quick glances where the two blushed feverishly at one another. Valencia couldn't stop her heart from pounding inside her chest at the churn she felt.
She cared about Jon, deeply, she imagined he knew she did. Her heart swooned at the idea of it. Jon Snow and Valencia Baratheon, both bastards, one legitimised and the other a grim boy from the North. Though Valencia vowed he would not be a bastard for long, if things between them progressed nicely, no doubt would she beg her father to legitimise him as a Stark. Though she was not fond of marriage, Valencia was undoubtedly give all her doubts about it up for him, even having children. Small raven-haired children with either grey or black eyes. Valencia believed that they would all look alike, considering both herself and Jon had considerably dark features.

Valencia shook her head, pinching the back of her hand for thinking of a future that might be less than likely. She barely knew him for Gods sake! And here she was, riding on her horse beside him daydreaming of having his children. Though she did like the sound of that. She was sure Jon didn't care about having a daughter over a son, Valencia imagined he would not mind at all.

Arriving back in Winterfell was not as expected. Originally, Valencia wished to return to the stables, leave the horses and for Jon to bring her back to his room (Gods know she still hadn't figured out how to get around in this place), she also wouldn't have minded a few passionate kisses along the way. She blamed Jon for the fire he started in her belly, for only now she was truly yearning for something she could have.

However, instead of returning to quiet Winterfell, the whole castle was in chaos.

Jon, who held her hand tightly snuck them back to the stables, going unnoticed. "I wonder what has happened?" Valencia said quietly, though she knew Jon didn't hear her. He brought her to the stables, they left their horses and made their way to the Great Hall. Loud sobs echoed out through the doors as the couple entered.

Inside were Sansa, who was being comforted by her septa who too seemed to be quiet distraught. As well as Arya who looked as usual; angry. Robb with Rickon sobbing into his shirt and Valencia's own family, plus Cersei and her poor excuse for a son.

"Where have you been?!" Bellowed King Robert, his eyes narrowing down on his daughter.

"I went riding," she answered walking over to him, abandoning a confused Jon.

"You let her out all by herself, that no way for a Lady to behave," Cersei sneered.

"Quiet woman, now is not the time to hear your whining." Robert snapped embracing Valencia.

"What happened, father?" Valencia asked, "has something happened to Lord Stark?"

Robert inhaled sharply, shaking his head. "No, his son, Brandon. He fell from one of the decrepit towers." Valencia's eyes rounded, she turned, her eyes searching for Jon. He was in front of Robb, stunned by the news Robb must have given him. She wanted nothing in the world more than to race to him and comfort his no doubt crumbling emotions. Apart of her felt guilty, he spent the whole afternoon with her, while his brother was riving in pain.

"Is he still alive?" Valencia questioned, turning to her father.

Robert nodded, "for now, but the boy has not woken up." A tightness formed in Valencia's throat, though she did not know Bran well, her heart still grieved for the boy and his family.

"Poor boy," she whispered casting another glance at the Stark family, all were there except for Eddard, Catelyn and of course, Bran.

"Will he die?"

"The maester is not sure, right now, I think he's trying everything he can."

Valencia nodded, blinking away the tears that arose from seeing her Jon in pain. She only wished she could comfort him, rather than stand so far away.

It seemed the secrecy was already killing her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 22 32
Robert Baratheon arrives at Winterfell to make Lord Ned Stark an offer.
535 8 19
Rory Snow, all her life she was told she was the daughter of some lord who never wanted her. But one day she was seen as someone she never thought sh...
70K 2.7K 42
It had been years and she had almost forgotten what life was like before IT happened. The trespassing. It had been an accident. A stupid accident ha...
2.1K 18 11
This is the third and final instalment of The Warth Of Winter Series. If you haven't read the previous two, then go and read it first to avoid any co...