The Innocent Bystander (Power...

By kdog2201

Meet (Y/N), the most powerful hero on earth... that no one has ever heard of. He's done it all, slay monsters... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Honnouji Academy
Chapter 2: A Game of Tennis
Chapter 3: A Battle of Kamui
Chapter 4: No-Late Day
Chapter 5: The Man With a Mohawk
Chapter 6: The Kendo Challenger
Chapter 7: Fight Club
Chapter 8: The Naturals Election
Chapter 9: Sudden Death Run-off Election
Chapter 10: Like a Football...
Chapter 11: Nue Hareemeh?
Chapter 13: Tell Me Your Reason...
Chapter 14: The Great Culture & Sports Festival
Chapter 15: Bystander No More
Chapter 16: A Hero's Reward
Chapter 17: In Shining Armor...
Chapter 18: The Frying Pan
Chapter 19: SLAP
Chapter 20: The Calm...
Chapter 21: Some Effort Behind It.
Chapter 22: Graduation
Epilogue

Chapter 12: The Tri-City Schools Raid Trip

66.3K 1K 1.9K
By kdog2201

That Night

Mankanshoku Family Home

Y/N made it to the Mankanshoku home in search of Ryuko.

(Y/N): Ryuko!? Mako!? Anyone here!?

Sukuyo: Oh, good evening Y/N!

(Y/N): Ah. Good evening Mrs. Mankanshoku. Have you seen Ryuko or Mako?

Sukuyo: Hmmm? I'm not sure. Mako didn't come home and the last I saw of Ryuko she jumped out of here chasing after the Nagita boy.

(Y/N): Oh... do you have any-

Barazo: Aaaah! Ooof!

Y/N looked behind Sukuyo and noticed Barazo was covered in bandages with Mataro and Guts hold him down.

Mataro: Hi Y/N!

Guts: Guts! Guts!

(Y/N): Uhhhhh... is everything alright?

Sukuyo: Ah, that. Mr. Nagita was being chased by a group of students, and in their rush my husband got knocked around a little. Don't worry though! We are a back-alley medical family! He'll be fine.

(Y/N): -_- Riiiiight. I'll just head home.

Y/N wished the Mankanshoku family a good night and began walking home.

(Y/N): I hope Ryuko's ok... *sigh* Maybe I should have interrogated that Nui woman....

With no leads, Y/N went home to get some sleep in hopes that maybe tomorrow he'll be able to pick up a trail. After all, Ryuko wasn't exactly subtle with her deeds...

_____

_____

The Next Day

Y/N No-Star Apartment

Y/N was calmly sleeping in his bed, he was abruptly awoken when Mataro and Guts bursted through his door.

Mataro: Y/N!!!!!!

Guts: GUTS! GUTS!

(Y/N): AAAAAAHH!! Why does everyone keep bursting through my door!?!?

Mataro: Y/N! We saw Ryuko!

(Y/N): Really!? She okay?

Mataro: Yeah! Follow Me!

Y/N quickly got dressed and followed Mataro to where he last spotted Ryuko, which was in some industrial area. The two of them just got there to see Ryuko speed off on a motorcycle with Aikuro remains behind.

(Y/N): Oh look. Needle teacher... -_-

Mataro: Huh? What're you doing here, Mr. Mikisugi?

Aikuro: Ah. Y/N. Perfect timing, I take it you want to follow Matoi?

(Y/N): Yeeeees?

Aikuro: I'll give you a lift, but I am no longer a teacher. The time has now come. Today, I bid farewell to my cover identity as the homeroom teacher for Honnouji Academy's Second Year, Class K...

(Y/N): What're you talking about...?

Aikuro: Today, I return to being my unadorned self! *clothes SLOWLY fall off*

(Y/N): ._.

Mataro: 0_0

Aikuro: A splendid naked officer, the nude warriors of Nudist Beach *nipples shine*

(Y/N): ._.

Aikuro: Who do battle against the threat of Life Fibers! Aikuro Mikisugi! Let's begin!

Aikuro: Come on, Nude Shooting Star! *snap*

Aikuro snapped his finger and his car drove up next to him.

Aikuro: Come, Y/N! Our destiny awaits!

(Y/N): ._. I need an adult...

Aikuro: I AM AN ADULT!!!

Aikuro grabs Y/N and throws him in his car and they speed off in the direction Ryuko drove off to.

_____

_____

A Few Minutes Later

Aikido's Car: Nude Shooting Star (That is the actual name...)

Aikruo was quickly driving the car in the direction of Osaka, deftly avoiding cars and pedestrians.

(Y/N): ._.

Aikuro: *smirk* So, Y/N... tell me about yourself.

(Y/N): ...I wanna leave... Q_Q

Aikuro: Hahaha! Are you surprised to find out about my secret identity of being in Nudist Beach?

(Y/N): *avoids looking at shining nipples*

Aikuro: Alright. Enough jokes, who are you and what is your relationship with Matoi?

(Y/N): *sigh* -_- You're the second one to ask me that.

Aikuro: Well, what is your answer? You don't have anywhere to go, and I'm giving you a lift, the least you can do is answer my questions.

(Y/N): *sigh* I'm somebody who's probably in over his head looking for a friend. But to explain further, Ryuko's saved me on more than one occasion and is among a small group of people who haven't tried to kill me, so that automatically makes her someone that I worry about.

Aikuro: I like that answer, but I have a feeling that you're not sharing everything about yourself.

(Y/N): -_- Who knows...

Aikuro: *smirks* Seeing as how you've never hurt Ryuko, I'll let it slide... for now...

_____

_____

A Little While Later.

Osaka, Japan

Aikuro drove Y/N to just outside of the Osaka war zone.

Aikuro: Well here you are! See you later and good luck! *drives off*

(Y/N): Wait what!? Come back!... -_- ass.

Y/N looked at the war torn city of Osaka.

(Y/N): Wow this place is absolutely destroyed... and it isn't MY FAULT!!! HELL YEAH!! The Prime Minister can't get angry with me this time! Now, where's Ryuko?

Y/N made his way through the war engulfed city, carefully avoiding the various fighting students from both schools. He eventually ran into a very silly and familiar face.

Mako: *nom* *gasp* I've never seen those before!

Mako was zipping between various shops, purchasing food and souvenirs.

(Y/N): Mako!

Mako: Y/N!! You're here!! Yay!!

Mako launched herself at Y/N and gave him a huge hug.

(Y/N): Nice to see you too, Mako. -_- What's all that stuff you're carrying?

Mako: Oh these are all the trinkets from Osaka I'm gonna bring home! My family is gonna be so happy!

(Y/N): Mako, has anyone ever told you, you're very strange?

Mako: Yeah! Loads of times!

(Y/N): Good.  So, where's Ryuko?

Mako: Eh? Ryuko's here too?

(Y/N): *sigh* If you don't know where she is, I don't have a clue.

Mako: That's easy! All we have to do is find the biggest explosions! Ryuko is sure to be close behind!

(Y/N): Don't just say that, like it isn't something immensely dangerous... -_-

Before the two of them could get anywhere a group of students, wearing Senketsu's patches, bumped into them.

Mako: Huh?

One-Star Student: Hey, you're Mankanshoku and (L/N)! The second-years! What are you doing here?

(Y/N): Uh...

One-Star Student: You guys deserted in the face of the enemy and have been goofing off, haven't you!? What do you think the Raid Trip is about, anyway? Purge them!

(Y/N): -_- I've mentioned I hate this school right?...

The students picked Y/N and Mako up and were preparing to pummel them into the ground when a motorcycle jumped from the smoke and drove over all of them, collecting the scraps of Senketsu as they fell.

Mako: Ryuko!

Ryuko: Mako! Y/N! I see you guys are taking things easy and taking in the Osaka sights, huh?

(Y/N): I can't see anything through all the smoke though...

Mako: Am I glad to see you, Ryuko!

(Y/N): Oh yeah, are you alright? I heard you got into a fight with that creepy lady again.

Ryuko: Yeah I did...

Ryuko placed the various scraps into her guitar case.

Mako: Senketsu's all chopped to bits!

(Y/N): Is he gonna be okay?... I can't believe I just asked that...

Ryuko: Yeah, I'll get him back. I'll take back every last piece and make him good as new.

Mako: Oh I see, Ryuko. You're going to these lengths 'cause he's your only uniform.-

(Y/N): -That she talks to...

SMACK

(Y/N): Ow.

Ryuko: *smirk* I missed doing that.

Senketsu: There is only one left, Ryuko.

Ryuko: Really? How are you feeling?

Senketsu: Rather well. You're different, don't you think?

Ryuko: How so?

Senketsu: The only part of me that is giving you power right now is this scarf. But in spite of that, your are intra-killing the Goku Uniforms. That have my fragments attached to them. You are even stronger than before, don't you think?

Ryuko: I'm getting stronger?

Mako: It's because what you desire is almost in reach! You're so desperate cause you're fixated on your desire to get Senketsu back to normal. I get the same way, but with money!

Ryuko: Thanks. The way you get fixated is pretty hardcore.

(Y/N): I think there's a mental disorder for that.

SMACK

(Y/N): Ow.

Ryuko: Right, one left. Can you tell where it is, Senketsu?

Senketsu: Yes, I can tell. However...

Ryuko: What is it?

Senketsu: The person holding the final fragment is Satsuki Kiryuin.

Ryuko: Satsuki? Seriously? Fine. I don't care who has it, I'm getting you back.

Senketsu: But in my current condition I am unable to transform into Life Fiber Synchronize mode. How do you intend to fight an opponent like Satsuki?

Ryuko: Don't worry. I'll make up for the rest. I'm not the usual Ryuko Matoi right now.

(Y/N): (muffled) Sure does FEEL like the usual Ryuko Matoi...

KICK

SMASH

WHACK

Only Y/N's feet were sticking out of the ground now.

(Y/N): OOOOWWWW.

Ryuko: I'm a Ryuko Matoi who's fixated by seeing what she wants almost in reach. I'm coming for you! Satsuki Kiryuin!

_____

_____

Meanwhile

Sastuki and Sanageyama were facing Kaneo Takarada's anti-boku Uniform mech.

Takarada: Say hello to my anti-Honnouji Academy mechanized weapon, Dotonbori Robo!

DOTONBORI ROBO

Takarada: When you're weak, use something very strong shamelessly! That's my philosophy for certain victory!

Satsuki: Pathetic

Sanageyama: How incredibly tacky.

Takarada: Oh? You can tell that even without eyes?

Sanageyama: Yes. I can sense it by aura alone — the smell of your overblown arrogance.

Takarada: Your opinion don't add up to jack!

Takarada smashed his mechanical claw down onto the ground where Satsuki and Sanageyama were standing, making them jump to avoid it.

Sanageyama: Club members! Guard Lady Satsuki!

The assembled mass of One-Star students began to attack Takarada, but proved to be useless against his armored mechanized robot.

Takarada: Jocks ain't worth one red cent! *smash* How ya like this, Missy? Your vaunted Goku Uniforms don't amount to jack when the Takarada Conglomerate decides to go all out! Go sell 'em all to the Americana thrift shops! They'll take 'em off your hands for cheap!

Satsuki: One who doesn't know the fear of clothing mocks it? What's cheap, is your life!

Takarada: As if! Here we go... Sen-nari Gourd Missile Shower!

Takarada's mech first a volley of missiles where Satsuki and Sanageyama were standing, seemingly destroying them. Instead, however, the massive frame of Gamagoori rose from the smoke.

Gamagoori: As long as Ira Gamagoori draws breath, I will not allow so much as a scratch on Lady Satsuki!

Nonon: You should stop pressing your luck, Naniwa monkey.

Inumuta: I'll be recording the data from these new Three-Star Goku Uniforms.

Takarada: N-No way...

Gamagoori: Apologies for the delay, Lady Satsuki. The Kobe and Kyoto School Raid Brigades have now arrived.

Satsuki: Good work.

Above the battlefield Iori flew in with a special package for Sanageyama.

Iori: Catch, Sanageyama! Here's your new Goku Uniform!

Sanageyama: Just what I've been waiting for!

Sanageyama jumped up and activated his brand new Three-Star Goku Uniform.

Takarada: What's with the cheap hero show crap?

Sanageyama: Spare me the commentary! You face Uzu Sanageyama of the Honnouji Academy Elite Four! Three-Star Goku Uniform: Blade Regalia Mk. III!

THREE-STAR GOKU UNIFORM: BLADE REGALIA MKIII

Sangeyama clashed with Takarada's mech, and despite Takarada's underhanded tactics, Sangeyama completely overwhelmed him with his new Goku Uniform.

Takarada: *crawling away* I'm dead, I'm dead, I'm so dead...

Satsuki: You don't value anything but your life, do you?

Takarada: Looking down on me again, huh? You must be feeling pretty good right n-

Satsuki: My target here is not you.

Takarada: What'd you say?

Satsuki: Do you think I would commit a force of this size to fight mere students?

Takarada: Wait... You aren't serious!

Satsuki: Where did you get the power to stand against Goku Uniforms?

Before Satsuki could get any answers Ryuko, with her motorcycle bursted in. Mako was desperately holding on to Ryuko, while a chain wrapped around Y/N foot, literally dragged him along.

Mako: @_@

(Y/N): My life is pain... ;_;

Ryuko: Looks like you're having fun throwing your weight around, Satsuki Kiryuin.

The two women confronted each other, each with their blades drawn at one another.

Ryuko: Wrecking an entire town... Don't you think that's a bit much?

Satsuki: You've come all this way merely to tell me that? If so, your trip was for nothing. The fate of any who defy me is sealed.

Ryuko: I'm going to change that fate. You're going to give Senketsu back.

Satsuki: *holds up glove* Ah, so this is what you are after. Sanageyama, dispose of Takarada.

Ryuko: Mako, take Y/N and get to safety.

Mako: Kay!

Satsuki: Can you take it back, Ryuko Matoi?

Ryuko: Yep.

The two clashed with one another, seemingly evenly matched.

(Y/N): It seems like Ryuko has actually been getting better.

Mako: Yeah! She's totally on a whole other level!

Ryuko: Helluva defense as usual.

Satsuki: Spirit is the one and only skill you have mastered. Very well then.

Satsuki activated her Kamui and renewed her offense on Ryuko.

Nonon: Why isn't the transfer student transforming?

Inumuta: Part of her Kamui is in the possession of Lady Satsuki. When a Kamui completely awakens, powerful bio-energy flows through its Life Fibers. If part is missing, the flow is stopped. That means she can't transform.

Because she was unable to transform, Ryuko was being pushed back.

Satsuki: Heh. It would appear that you cannot synchronize without glove.

Ryuko: You transformed know that, huh? That's Satsuki Kiryuin for you! Always ruthless!

Satsuki: You challenged me, knowing you were at a disadvantage. Don't whine.

Ryuko: Nobody's whining!

Satsuki: But you are shortsighted and reckless!

Before Satsuki could bring down her sword Tsumugu appeared from the shadows, firing needles at Satsuki.

Tsumugu: Matoi, run!

Behind Tsumugu was an army of smaller mechs that looked similar to Takarada's.

(Y/N): -_- This fight brings a whole new meaning to the term "shirts vs. skins"...

Ryuko: First you attack me then you protect me. You must keep busy.

Tsumugu: we have but one objective. To resist subjugation by the Life Fibers that Satsuki uses.

Aikuro just then landed in front of Ryuko.

Aikuro: That is the goal of Nudist Beach!

Ryuko and (Y/N): That name was for real!?

Satsuki: So, we've smoked you out, you naked fools.

Gamagoori: The true objective of the Tri-City Schools Raid Trip was to smoke out the rebel force lurking in the shadows behind the Kansai academies. That is why Lady Satsuki allowed your activities to continue, Aikuro Mikisugi!

Aikruo: Goodness, you saw through me? How impressive!

Inumuta: That's a plan by Lady Satsuki for you. It worked exactly as planned. Well, I was the one who put it together...

Nonon: We were worried that you wouldn't show up and our new Goku Uniforms wouldn't get any use.

Sanageyama: Did you think a group with a foolish name like "Nudist Beach" could thwart our grand design?

The Elite Four simultaneously activated their new Three-Star Goku Uniforms.

Gamagoori: Shackle Regalia MK. III!

Nonon: Symphony Regalia MK. II!

Inumuta: Probe Regalia MK. II!

Sanageyama: Blade Regalia MK III!

Elite Four: Hounnouji Academy Elite Four Regalia MK. II!

HONNOUJI ACADEMY ELITE FOUR REGALIA MKII FOUR GENERALS GARNISH

_____

_____

The two factions clashed in a massive and grand battle that continued to destroy the already decimated Osaka skyline. Having found a quiet corner outside the combat zone, Y/N calmly sat alone.

(Y/N): These people are crazy... How can this day get any worse?...

Y/N quickly avoided a blade that was swung horizontally in an attempt to decapitate him.

(Y/N): -_- *sigh*

Y/N created some distance from his attacker and turned to face them. Revealing it to be Nui Harime.

Nui: *twitch* Hello again. Y/N.

(Y/N): How are you still breathing?...

Nui: *twitch* You know *twitch* in all my life I've never *twitch* been as ANGRY as I am now *twitch*

(Y/N): Uhhh... are you okay?

Nui: *twitch* Not even losing my *twitch* eye *twitch* made me feel *twitch* this way...

(Y/N): ._.

Nui: So... *twitch* why don't you just... *breathes* DIE!!!!!!!

Nui with all the force she could muster full on charged Y/N with her sword, Y/N, wishing he was somewhere else, quickly dodged them all.

Nui: Why won't you die!?! WHY WON'T YOU DIE!!?! WHYWONTYOUDIE!?!?! WHYWONTYOUDIE WHYWONTYOUDIEWHYWONTYOUDIEWHYWONTYOUDIEWHYWONTYOUDIE!?!?

(Y/N): Lady, you need a therapist... or an exorcist.

Nui had lost all her composure as she kept swinging and missing, even using her clones didn't help her achieve any headway in harming Y/N.

Clones: PIG! FILTHY!! DIEDIE!

(Y/N): -_- These attacks may not be hitting, but those words certainly hurt my feelings. ;_;

Nui: ARRRGHHHH!!!!

As their fight continued Y/N looked up and saw Ryuko and Satsuki flying to Tsūtenkaku, the massive tower in the center of Osaka.

(Y/N): Man... I wish I could fly... -_-

Nui: DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!!!

(Y/N): *sigh*

Y/N, once again, destroyed the clones and gripped Nui's blade mid-swing.

Nui: Gah!! *pulls* Let go! LET GO!! *pulls* LETGOLETGOLETGO!!!!

(Y/N): Could you stop please? You already know how this ends.

Nui: SHUT UP!!!

Nui pulls with all her strength, Y/N stares at her for a moment and then lets go, causing her to fall onto her back.

Nui: *thud* I'll kill you!! I'll kill you!! GAAAAH!!!

(Y/N): Okay you need to-

BOOM

With a massive explosion the tower began to fall directly where Nui and Y/N were fighting. The tower crashed into the ground sending debris everywhere. As the dust settles Nui was gone and Y/N was left alone again.

(Y/N): *sigh* Better get back to the others...

On the other side of the fallen tower, Nui broke free from the fallen debris.

Nui: KILLHIMKILLHIMKILLHIM!!!!!

Nui was brought out of her rage when her phone rang.

Nui: KILLHIMKI- Huh? -Hello? -Ah! Lady Ragyo! -Oui Madam!

Nui closed her phone and glanced back at Y/N, slightly twitching, before jumping away.

_____

_____

Back at the battle Ryuko and Satsuki were at a dead-lock, Ryuko had Satsuki's sword and Satsuki had Junketsu sharpened shoulder aimed at each other's necks.

Ryuko: Heh. Mutually assured destruction...

Looking around, Ryuko notices how everyone is in a deadlock as well and comes to realize that her fight isn't worth the life of her friends.

Ryuko: Withdraw your troops, Kiryuin. Do that, and I'll lower the sword.

Satsuki: Are you sure? You would be failing to avenge your father.

Ryuko: I can't sacrifice the lives of others to do it.

Satsuki: Trade my life for theirs, eh? I'm insulted at how low a price you put on me.

Gamagoori: Lady Satsuki! Please stand down! Yours is a noble goal! You mustn't fall here out of mere stubbornness!

Ryuko: See? He agrees with me.

Satsuki concedes and orders all her forces to stand down and withdraw.

Mako: Ryuko, you dropped this! *gives Scissor Blade*

Ryuko: Thanks.

(Y/N): Thank god it's finally over.

Ryuko: And where were you?

(Y/N): -_- I was busy...

Ryuko: Hmph. Kiryuin, maybe it's true that you've mastered that Junketsu of yours. But you're alone.

Satsuki: And you aren't?

Ryuko: No. Senketsu and I are two in one.

Satsuki: Implying that you've formed a symbiotic relationship with the Life Fibers? That is a fairy tale.

(Y/N): It's really true, She talks to her Kamui and everything! Granted it's probably all in her head, but she's very convinci-

SMASH

(Y/N): (muffled) *sigh*

Ryuko: Shut up.

Satsuki: Hmph. As childish as ever...

Ryuko: What was that?

Satsuki: I shall leave Bakuzan in your care. To mark today's battle.

As Satsuki began to walk away Ryuko tossed Sastuki's sword back to her.

Ryuko: The Satsuki Kiryuin I know isn't so petty a woman that she'd change an order she'd given just because she got her sword back.

Satsuki smirked and continued to walk away, but just when everything seemed over explosions began to rock the ground everyone was standing on. Underground Nonon had begun destroying Nudist Beach's base, when she was done she bursted through the ground and landed in front of Satsuki.

Nonon: Lady Satsuki, I've destroyed the Nudist Beach base as per your orders.

Satsuki: Well done. With that, we have crushed the group of fools that opposed us. The objective of the Tri-City Schools Raid Trip has been accomplished. There is no need whatsoever to rescind my order to return home.

As Satsuki began to leave she turned and faced Ryuko and her group.

Satsuki: I compliment you on your valiant efforts, Ryuko Matoi. But your attack was no more than a sneak attack. It will not work next time!

With that she and her forces departed Osaka and began their journey back to Honnouji Academy.

Aikuro: This cost us most of Nudist Beach's forces. Still, we should be grateful that we're alive. You fought Satsuki Kiryuin to a draw. That was impressive, Ryuko. Come with me.

Ryuko: *blush* Eh?

(Y/N): I knew it!

SMASH

(Y/N): (muffled) Okay... this is more than usual.

Ryuko: SHUT UP!

Aikruo: I gave you my word. It's time to tell you everything...

_____

_____

Author's Note:

I really hope everyone is enjoying the story so far! 

As a heads up, we are now entering an area where I scrapped and re-wrote chapters multiple times. Because of this, it may take me longer to get chapters out. Don't worry, it's not going to take me a week to get the next chapter out, but it might take a bit longer than a few days.

Other than that, I thank everyone for taking the time to read my story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 3.6K 27
Y/n L/n was treated like the scourge of his world, and all because he lacks any superpower or super abilities. His parents abandoned him, people beat...
37.9K 1.2K 20
*Warning this story will be having a little bit of Mashle manga spoilers so just a heads up anime only watchers* Honnoji academy is academy that...
143K 6.9K 14
Life in general is hard for a teenager. Let alone one that had witnessed misery and death throughout his entire existence. So imagine how (Y/n) (L/n)...
203K 3.2K 25
Ryuko Matoi was transferring to Honnoji academy, but when she isn't the only transfer student joining her in her class. Another Teen is joining her...