Where Would I Be Without My B...

By TeeGraham

Boy meets girl, reality meets fantasy.. Unconditional love meets imperfect lovers. More

Gaia's Interlude
Scene 2: Dear Momma 🙏🏾
Scene 3: Ready or Not 🏃🏾‍♀️
Scene 4: Ex-Factor 💔
Scene 5: C.R.E.A.M 🤑
Scene 6: Get It Together 💋
Scene 7: Emotions 🌌
Scene 8: Fallin' 💫
Scene 9: Where I'm From 🏠
Scene 10: You're Always On My Mind 🧠
Scene 11: Your Eyes 👁
Scene 12: How Does It Feel? 👅
Scene 13: Streets Is Watching 🤫
Scene 14: Dont Walk Away 🤚🏾
Scene 15: What More Can He Do 🌒
Chapter 16: Never Felt This Way 🥀

Scene 1: Rain On Me ☔️

3K 158 39
By TeeGraham

Dark skies, grayer clouds and somehow the moon still shined bright. Wide chocolate brown eyes gazed on with a child-like innocence and all the excitement of a four year ready for a playmate. Butterflies erupting, lip biting and if she wasn't in her right mind, Gaia might have hit a quick potty dance. But she had some dignity.

As the storm brewed so did her eagerness. Never one to be a part of a crowd, the cinnamon colored girl with high cheekbones and freckles loved the rain like first born child. The smell of fresh rain, the feel of it on her skin, the freedom that build up in her spirit that came second to none while she stood in the rain.
As a kid instead of cursing the rain's name for
ruining the play day, she was the strange child with her rain boots, coat and umbrella by

the door so the minute a raindrop fell she was prepared for it and dashing out the door.

Her mother swore she'd grow out of the stage yet at the age nineteen she was in love with
the rain. The good days were the rainy ones for her although no one else felt the same it

never mattered. Gaia was happy in it and she wouldn't let anyone else make her feel different.

She was the earthy, soulful girl who listened more to music made before she was born than the
latest trap song. She was the woman that stayed tucked in her room with a book and incest lit

than at a club surrounded by smoke. Gaia was the girl none of the boys understood and now the
woman most men were intimidated by.

She was unapologetically Gaia Alena Carter and not a soul could alter her or kill her spirit.

The rain began to pour without hesitance she was headed out the door. She's had a long week and honestly she needed this serenity more than anything. The bills, the looming decisions she'd have to make that she was afraid of, her guilt and the weight of it was killing her. She just needed a little liberation.

As cliche as it was Gaia began to play Rain On Me by Ashanti thru her earbuds, she threw her raincoat on, pulled the hood up and she was gone.

Midnight on a Friday night where everyone else in the hood was downtown on the strip flossing but she was right where she wanted to be. Her mother would legit kill her dead for being outside if she could see her but was gone....

And the tears flowed, she closed her eyes as the hot washed with the hot, teas escaping her kids and lashes falling down her cheeks.
"What's a girl to do Lord?" Gaia whispered to herself  but it was more of a prayer from her lips to God's ears.

She was alone, back against the wall and her faith wavering. Nothing had ever prepared her for her battles and she didn't even know how she'd make it through tomorrow if she made it.
Yet the serenity she earned in this moment felt like destiny. This moment was created for her and only her, she felt it.

She relaxed and let go entirely, completely unaware of her surroundings. Seconds felt like minutes and those felt like hours.

"Yo WHAT THE FUCK!!!!"  The outrage combined with skidding sounds startled Gaia as her eyes popped open. Heart beating in her ears, she snatched her earphones out and looked around her.

A few feet from her was matte gray G-Wagon, head  first into a fire hydrant. The grill looked to be smashed and dented in, looking worse the longer she looked at it.
Gaia was speechless, her hands flew up to her mouth. She cringed but walked toward the truck just as the occupant jumped out to expect the damage.

"Ayo bitch why the fuck yo ass in the road like a dumbass? You tryna die? Fucking up shit like you got money to pay for it." A young dude jumped out into the ground obviously angry. His nostrils were flared, jaw clenched and fists tightened

"Excuse you?"

"No bitch excuse yo ass. You heard what the fuck I said. Hoes always wanna act like you don't understand the first time. You ain't stupid but you are bout to pay for this. Money, ass, or them jaws, choice is yours" he shrugged his shoulders and Gaia wanted to throw up. However nausea or not, what he didn't know was Gaia wasn't to be played with.

"Bitch!! I got yo bitch! Bum ass wanna be NBA YoungBoy ass nigga! I bet I can pull YO ASS!! Look where the fuck you going instead of running into shit!" Gaia clapped her hands slowly for emphasis. Nobody called her out her name, she was calm, cool and collected until disrespected. "And while you at it take off them fake ass plastic chains, don't nobody believe they real even in dim lightning goofy ass nigga"

"Hoe, I will beat the shit ou—-" Gaia didn't even bat an eyelash, walking away. Things might have changed a little bit but wasn't no nigga in this city putting his hands on her.

The young man didn't get the memo and went to grab her arm tightly. Before Gaia could react he encased his hands around both of her elbows so her range of motion was limited. As her adrenaline shot up, he began to shake her roughy.

"This the only language you hoes understand huh? Fuck the money, nah you finna those jaws to work baby girl." The man then laughed sinisterly. The crazed look in his eye heightening Gaia's fear.

She attempted to knee him but he saw her attempt coming. He blocked her and quickly wrapped both of her hands around her neck. Her eyes watering instantly from the pressure and with seemingly enjoyment on his face he slightly raised Gaia off the ground so she didn't have any leverage.
"You can pull who bitch?! Huh what?' Look at you close to death all cause you stupid. Probably praying to the Lord but bitch you need to be praying to me lil baby. Fuck God gone do for you when yo life in my hands. I'm ya savior and slayer hoe, pray to me" he yelled in her face, a small amount of spit hitting her face.

Her vision was getting blurrier by the second, she could feel her time getting shorter and her her last breath near. She began to claw at him, any place she could reach on him but the more she tried the tighter his grip got.

Say a prayer for me my mama.. we might be together soon

By the grace of the Lord, Gaia saw headlights closing in on them. The man made the mistake of glancing back for once second and that was all she needed. She dug her nails into one of his arms as deep as possible. He cried out letting her drop to the ground, the same arm she dug into she grabbed him by the wrist, flipping it as far back as possible. The man fell to his knees, Gaia quickly reacting and stepping on the back of his knee. His body was forced to lay down face first into the pavement.

"Say love what's going on?" A sultry deep voice came from the right of Gaia but she never let her eyes leave her attacker.
"Bitch Imma kill you!! When I get up!" Her attacker squirmed but couldn't gain leverage.
" Shut up!! Before I break every damn bone in your hand." Gaia screamed twisting his wrist until she heard a pop.
He screamed out loud and she didn't blink.
"Woahh, Woahhh! How about this? I don't know what's going on. But I swear I won't let him get up and hurt you. I put that on my life." Gaia broke away and finally laid eyes on the man pleading with her. Broad shoulders, low cut fade with a goatee, tall with a figure Gaia couldn't make out. The man was attractive but nonetheless intimidating.  She believed him but her intuition wasn't to be trusted,

She was raised strong, to always hold up her head and never back down but something bout him made the anger in her subside just enough for her to consider it. 
Her eyes must  have wandered because he raised his hands up in surrendering fashion.
"I want no smoke, Love. Let's get you out this rain though and let me worry about him."
Gaia broke eye contact with him and focused back on her attacker. " I don't know you"
"Same situation, ma. I'm just tryna help." She could feel him move closer and her mind wondered. What if they both are out to get her? What if he grabs her next? "Tell me what did he do?" I see the car, that's you or him?"
"Him. He almost hit me but hit the fire hydrant instead"
"He jumped out and.." he lead on.
"Called me out my name. It wasn't my fault, I didn't see him. I was stupid but I didn't deserve to be disrespected. He said he wanted money, ass or head to pay for the damage, I defended myself, attempted to walk away and he grabbed me."
"Your neck is red?"
"He choked me." Gaia swallowed harshly. Her fear and adrenaline were unmatched and in the moment she couldn't feel anything.
In her peripheral vision she could se the man nod. He moved in front of her, feet in front of her attackers head.
He squatted down slowly not to alarm Gaia.
"What she say true my nigga?"He asked plainly.
"Man fuck that bitch. Get me up so I can finish her as off!" Her attacker spat then cried out as Gaia applied more pressure to his wrist.
The man grabbed her attacker's other arm folding it backwards with force until she heard a pop and her attacker yelped out like he's been shot. His frantic movements forced her to have to step down from the back of his leg.
The man looked at her sternly yet determined, reaching for her attackers wrist. With some hesitance Gaia let go and ran out of dodges way as the man did the same to the other arm.
With a smile on his face that Gaia was sure she was imagining, the man looked down at his and her handy work as her attacker rolled in pain. Either way he was clearly hurting like hell.
"Real niggas don't put their hands on women. Say sorry" The mans voice commanded loudly on the quiet street.
"Fuck you!" Her attacker managed to say thru his moans and groans of agony.
In one swift motion, the unknown man pulled a gun from his waist and cocked it. He used to head of the gun to pistol whip her attacker on the side of his jaw.
"Next comes a bullet to the dome, I'll lose no sleep but ya mother, girlfriend, baby momma all will. Humble ya self kid and say sorry to the woman"

"So-rrrr-ry"  he muttered out sloppily.

The unknown man motioned for Gaia to run with his head. She sprinted into her house, locking the door and sliding down onto the floor behind the door.
It wasn't long before she heard the familiar sound of hot lead firing through the barrel of a gun. At this point in her life, in the neighborhood she lived in, Gaia didn't even jump because a bullet knew no one by name but if it meant to take you, there was no stopping it.
Her ears were hot and ringing but she could feel the vibration from knocks against the door. Without so much as getting up; Gaia turned around and opened the door from the floor.
The unknown man stood blood scattered against his drenched white tee that was sticking to his chest. His face completely clear of any trauma like nothing just happened.
"Case Closed, you'll never have to worry about him again." He quietly spoke engaging in deep eye contact with Gaia. She wanted to look away but something wouldn't let her. A chill ran down her spine and she knew it wasn't from a natural breeze but the coldness inside of this man.
Not another word was said before he walked away from the door. Compelled by a force unbeknownst to her, Gaia jumped to her feet and followed him.

"Ummmm thank you." Her voice barely there but she knew he heard her because he stopped dead in his tracks as if his body made the decision to stop on its own.
"I don't get much gratitude in my line of work and not even you need to be thanking me. I'm the bad guy love just from a different perspective." The man spoke with his back turned to Gaia.  But his conviction was loud and clear even if she couldn't see his face. She could feel as if it was electric energy being transferred from his lips to and through her body.  "Thank the man above for a better tomorrow if you're able to see and sweet dreams brown eyes"

And he was gone.

So first real chapter, it's been a while and this legit was spur of the moment but I like it. I hope you guys like it too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

514K 23.2K 32
the story of slim & cash.
2.3K 85 33
🤪read to find out
104 0 13
When you think you can't find love it finds you in the most unexpected way.
164 4 6
Hurt girl meets Lover boy