Saving the one I Love [MxM]|√

By Anonymous_Summers

Scott Finnegan is trying to get his life back together after an accident two years ago and the split with his... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty - One
Twenty - Two
Twenty - Three
Twenty - Four
Twenty - Five
Twenty - Six
Twenty - Seven
Twenty - Eight
Twenty - Nine
Thirty
Thirty - One
Thirty - Two
Epilogue
Author's Note

Nine

8.7K 439 110
By Anonymous_Summers

Elijah could remember the feeling he got from the famous baseball game that forever changed his former middle school losing streak. How he felt a rush of adrenaline and excitement as he bolted from his seat along with the rest of crowd, screaming until his throat felt sore. Elijah watched from the bleachers as they all rushed towards the star of the game. That day he thought baseball was the coolest sport and wanted to join. Mostly he wanted to hit a home run like Scott Finnegan. 

When he heard that Scott had giving up on baseball he didn't bother to join the baseball team. There was no longer a point if he couldn't play alongside the one person who he was starting to look up to, the one person who made him wanted to play in the first place. Never would he have thought to be sitting in Pops Diner with that very same person.

As he looked in his bathroom mirror clouded with steam, he used his hand to wipe away a section so he could look at himself. As his damp black hair, blue eyes and slightly chubby cheeks reflected in the mirror, he couldn't help but think that maybe he spoke too much yesterday. As he remember telling Scott about how handsome he's become and how he'd love to get to know him. Elijah slapped his cheeks.

"That was embarrassing" he muttered to himself, holding back his smile.

He could only hope that he didn't mess anything up to the point Scott wouldn't want to hang out with him. Elijah knew that Scott had already thought it was okay to get to know each other but he could change his mind at any point. Elijah didn't want to think about the 'buts' and 'what ifs', he just going to go along with the flow and enjoy his time with Scott. 

After throwing a towel over his head, Elijah exited the bathroom. His eyes went to his phone on his desk amongst notebooks, pens and papers. He'd gotten Scott's number without much persuasion or fuss. Elijah sat on the chair and took up his phone, he unlocked it and started scrolling through his contacts until he found Scott's number. His thumb hovered over the call button, contemplating whether he should press it or not. Was it too soon? Was Scott going to pick up the call? All these questions flooded Elijah's mind.

As his finger neared the call button, he retreated it. What would he say if Scott picked up the call? Elijah could just have a casual conversation which would only be a short 'hey, how are you doing? Nice weather we're having'. How much lamer could he get? Elijah's fingers went across to the message button, he'll settle for texting him, only then would Scott not have to hear what a stuttering fool he is over the phone while making awkward conversation.

Elijah wrote many things but erased it the moment he read it over. From 'hey its Elijah' to 'want to hang out tomorrow', of course Scott would know its Elijah, he was the one who saved his number in Scott's phone as Eli. The other text was just too forward, instead he settled for a 'hey'. He then placed the phone to the side, taking up one of his notebooks and pen. He was feeling rater jolly today, maybe that could spark some inspiration.

He found a blank page, hovering his pen over it. His eyes went back to his phone, picking it up to see if there was a reply.

"What am I doing? Its only been like a second" he said to himself, placing his phone back down and returning to his open notepad.

He stormed up ideas about what he should write about. He couldn't begin unless he had a clear topic, something he feel like he could write freely about, expressing his every thought. Nothing came to mind, he was still stuck. Tapping his pen against the white sheet, he chewed his bottom lip, his mind trying to find a starting point.

His phone vibrated against the wooden desk, he literally flung his pen to the side, frowning when he saw that it was only Molly. She was asking how his milkshake date went. It wasn't even a date, just two guys having a milkshake and having casual conversation. He replied with  a simply with:

It went well.

Elijah was just about to put his phone back down when he felt it vibrated in his hands. If it was molly again he would just tell her that he would fill her in later. Did he even need to fill her in in the first place? Elijah's mind went haywire as he saw that it was Scott. He firmly gripped the phone in both hands.

Hey [smiling emoji].

The smiley emoji at the end made him think it wasn't such a bad idea texting him as he was also smiling. Elijah noticed that Scott was typing something else so he waited before he replied.

I haven't thanked you for yesterday. Thank you I had fun.

Elijah got up from around his desk, walking over to his bed them falling into its softness and comforts. The phone held above him as he typed his reply with not a minute to spare.

I also had fun. We should do it again sometime.

Elijah placed the phone beside him. Was he replying too quickly. He hadn't even allowed the message to settle in his mind before he replied. Scott didn't reply back immediately, did Elijah put the offer out too early, it's just been a day since they had that milkshake together.

The milkshake was great, I can understand why you finished it in one go but I would rather go somewhere else.

Elijah felt embarrassed but in a good way. He loved Pops milkshakes it was his guilty pleasure much like how chocolate was to Molly. To think Scott would've noticed.

[Blushing emoji] Was it that obvious? If you want to we could always go to the poetry group this Friday? Or just catch a movie?

Elijah held the phone in his hands desperately. Scott didn't show up the first time he invited him and he was taking a second chance at asking. For some odd reason he feel as if Scott could write a great poem. He added the movie idea to not let him feel cornered with one option. As Elijah waited for Scott's reply he heard a knock on his front door. He groaned as he got up off his bed, his phone in hand as he desperately waited for his reply. 

The knock persisted on his front door as he wondered who it could be. He checked his phone one more time before he opened the door. still no reply. Carly smiled at him before he allowed her to enter. Elijah closed the door only to check his phone once again. Maybe he shouldn't have mentioned the poetry group again, not everyone was fond of poetry. Did Scott perhaps not like watching a movie at the movie theater , was he the type of guy who would rather watch a movie in the comfort of his home. Elijah could do both.

"Whats got you so distracted?" Carly asked, settling into the sofa.

"Nothing" Elijah replied, looking away from his phone. "Did you need something?"

Carly looked at him for a full second then turned to take something from her bag. She pulled out a local newspaper and showed it to Elijah.

"They caught the guy" Elijah said, grabbing the newspaper from Carly and reading the headline again.

They had caught the guy who had been the reason for Mrs. Hampton death. He looked to be no older than Elijah was, it was evident that he also abused drugs. As Elijah continued to read through the article, he realized that the guy was robbing so he could get some money to buy what they were selling.

"All just to buy drugs" Elijah said in disbelief. "Someone innocent died because they wanted to get high" Elijah could feel his anger rising.

"Turns out Mrs. Hampton came downstairs and saw him in the act, he panicked and hit her in the head with a baseball bat he was carrying" Carly added, taking the newspaper back from Elijah. "I know this is serious but you've been looking at your phone like every second"

Elijah couldn't help it, Scott still hasn't replied to his message as yet. He was starting to worry. "I said it's nothing" Elijah said once more. "Have you told anyone else that Scott's back in town" he sat down beside Carly. 

"Not yet"

"Then don't tell anyone" Elijah told her, causing Carly to look at him with her brows knitted in confusion.

"Why?"

"Just don't okay, promise me"

"Fine" Carly drawled, pouting at the fact that she couldn't tell anyone that Scott was back. "I promise and I'll respect his privacy"

"That's unbelievable coming from a journalist" Elijah joked, making Carly hit him on his arm playfully.

Elijah had wondered why Scott wanted to keep his return a secret and his sudden return after so many years. He noticed how reserved Scott was, maybe something happened when he left this small town much like how something happened to the once sports prodigy Mikey. But Scott was different, he was reserved but different from Mikey. Elijah wasn't going to question anything, turn a blind eye to his curiosity.

The moment he was waiting for arrived, his phone vibrated. He moved so quick that Carly couldn't believe her eyes. Elijah read the long awaited message.

Poetry Friday and movies Saturday?

Elijah replied faster than he had before.

That sounds great. I'll see you Friday.

It's a date then [Smiling emoji]

Elijah felt his heart do a flip in his chest. His smile growing wide as he read the four words over and over in his mind.

"Whose MFC? You even have a heart beside their name" Carly looked over into Elijah's phone. "And you're even going on a date with them"

Elijah hid his phone, his cheeks sporting a faint shade of red, "Just someone special"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 76.7K 28
Elliot is, and has always been, stuck in his home town. Sure, it's a fairly large city. Sure, all his family and friends are there. Sure, he has a jo...
116K 3.9K 27
Jack Jackson is a young adult. He has a great life and a cute boyfriend. But, one day while he was walking to go into his apartment, he finds a stran...
256K 4.7K 39
{Alec Lightwood x OFC} {Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments} {Season 1} {Book 1 of 4} {2021}
71.9K 3.3K 23
From hating his boss to fake dating him. What could go wrong? Secretary Andrew is the perfect secretary. Intelligent, resourceful, and beloved by the...