Jump | ✔️

By escapades

Copyright © 2014 Morgan Evans Self Publishing ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. What happens when an abundantly problemat... More

Jump
Chapter 1. Meeting in the Girls Bathroom
Chapter 2. Creepy Strangers
Chapter 3. Game Night
Chapter 4. Ninja Skills
Chapter 5. Birthday Blues
Chapter 6. Stuck Inside with Two Killers
Chapter 7. The Big Fight
Chapter 8. Locker Dilemma
Chapter 9. This is Inexplicably Wrong
Chapter 10. The Warning Letter
Chapter 11. Library Commotion
Chapter 12. Safe House
Chapter 13. Master Disaster
Chapter 14. We All Have Our Secrets
Chapter 15. The Breakdown
Chapter 16. Under the Stars
Chapter 17. The Revenge is Just Beginning
Chapter 18. Learning from the Best
Chapter 19. First-Aid Skills
Chapter 20. Time For A Little Talk
Chapter 21. I Dare You
Chapter 22. Unexpected Hero
Chapter 23. The Great Escape
Chapter 24. Rooftop Showdown
Chapter 25. The Raggedy Old Truck
Chapter 26. Leaving Town
Chapter 28. Greatest Loss - PART ONE
Chapter 29. Greatest Loss - PART TWO
Chapter 30. Emotionless
Chapter 31. Revealing the Truth
authors note : must read :
Chapter 32. Jinxing It
Chapter 33. The Set Up
Chapter 34. One Last Time
Chapter 35. Together
Epilogue
Cole's P.O.V- Chapter 24/25. The Raggedy Old Truck
Q&A
IMPORTANT NEWS: REVIVAL!

Chapter 27. Losing His Game

25.9K 757 543
By escapades

Chapter 27. Losing His Game

  With the next day already coming to an end with my last class coming to a stop as I sit in my uncomfortable wooden desk, I begin to wonder what my life will be like from now on without Griffin or Oliver in it.

A ruler abruptly slams down on my desk and I snap my head up to meet eyes with my chemistry teacher, Mr. Bates as he narrows his eyes at me and I give him a sheepish smile.

"Pay attention while in my class, understood, Miss Brooks?" He scolds and I nod quickly.

He moves back up to the board and continues to teach us about bond energies and enthalpies. While the class practically falls asleep and tunes Mr. Bates out, I begin to fiddle with my mechanical pencil due to boredom.

The bell rings and everyone springs up from their seats and exits the classroom. I scurry out of the building and head out to the parking lot and go to my black Prius. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion when I see a note stuck under my windshield wipers. I pluck the note out and open it up, reading it aloud to myself.

"Meet me at the East Water Point Bridge, we need to talk." I read the letter in a whisper, looking over the signature at the bottom that states Cole's name.

I bite back a smile and climb into my car. I notice out of the corner of my eye that a car hiding under a tree near my own car rumbles to life right when I start my own engine. I shrug it off, thinking it's nothing.

I zoom out of the parking lot and down the streets to the East Water Point Bridge. I turn left, and observe the truck behind me is the same truck that pulled out of the parking lot as I did. I frown, feeling slightly frightened. I clear my throat and spin the wheel to right and take a sharp turn and the truck behind me does the same.

I widen my eyes and go a little faster, as does the truck. I step on the gas and skid into the East Point Park, coming to a stop. The truck slows down and parks itself under a tree at least ten yards away from my own car. I lock my door and keep my eyes trained on the truck with tinted windows. I narrow my irises and can hear my heart beat loudly through my chest and through my ears.

Someone suddenly pounds on my window and I scream loudly, peering over my shoulder to see a worried Cole.

I let out a sigh of relief and quickly unlock the door and open it. Before Cole can say anything, I wrap my arms around him tightly and he hugs me back in confusion and concern. He pulls me out of the car and I stand on my tippy-toes, digging my face into his shoulder for comfort. He shuts my car door and pulls me back a little so he can face me.

He places both of his hands on either side of his face and looks at me with a worried expression.

"There's a truck behind me who followed me here." I whisper softly.

Cole's gaze shifts behind me and he squints his eyes to see the truck and he grits his jaw.

"Do you know who it is?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Why don't I just talk to you in your car, instead? We would be safer anyway." He says and I agree as we both climb back into my car.

He sits in the passengers side and I sit in the drivers seat. His taller demeanor towering over me by just an inch while I look up at his gorgeous green eyes. He licks his lower lip and flickers his eyes over to me.

"I need to say this before I get interrupted for the fifth time now." He states with a small grin.

"I know that I haven't always been that kind to you, and I'm truly sorry for that, I am. You're so beautiful, it hurts and each time my mind wanders, it always finds a way back to you. Something about you made you so alluring and no matter how hard I try, I can't stay away from you. Just by talking to you makes my day. Whether it be your laugh, your smile or your personality, something brings me back to you. Something makes me stay; because Eleanor, I lo-"

His phone suddenly rings and he bites his tongue, trying to control his built up anger. He struggles to fish out his phone from his jeans pocket, but when he succeeds in doing so, he opens the car door and throws his phone across the park, making it nearly hit the East Water Point Bridge which is close by our car.

He climbs back into the car and shuts the door with an exasperated sigh.

"Eleanor, I love you." He states. "I love you so freaking much."

My heart skips a beat and my face flushes. He stares at me, obviously waiting for a response as a million thoughts whirl through my brain. I suck in a breath and give him a small smile, in which he lets out a nervous laugh.

"Cole, I love you, too." I say, biting back a smile.

"Oh thank, God." He mumbles in relief. "Wait just a second, okay?"

I frown in curiosity, but nod nonetheless. He gets out of the car and rounds the car to come over to my side of the vehicle. He opens the door and grabs my hand, pulling me out of my seat and shutting the door behind me.

"What are you-" I begin to ask until he places a hand on the side of my neck and his other hand on my waist, drawing me closer to his chest.

When he puts his lips to mine, I finally understand what happiness feels like.

I wrap my arms around his neck loosely and stand on my tippy-toes to reach his height, making it so he doesn't have to dip his head down to meet my lips. I bundle parts of his ruffled hair into my hands as he steps forward and I, backward. My back hits the car door and he places both of his hands on my waist while my heart leaps.

He pulls away and rests his head on mine, leaving only a centimeter of space between our lips. He ever so gently kisses my lips again and then whispers the two little words that made fireworks go off in my stomach.

"Be mine?" He whispers, a shiver running down my spine as his mint breath fans my face.

"Cole," I breathe out. "I've always been yours."

His lips tilt upwards on the side to show a grin. He kisses me again quickly and then pulls me into a hug, resting his chin on my forehead while I rest my head on his shoulder. His spearmint cologne engulfs me with security and love that I have never felt before, making me hug him tighter as if he was my lifeline. He gently pushes me back so he can face me and gives me a bright smile that I have never seen before, revealing a small dimple on his right cheek.

I can't help but smile at him.

"I have to get home and help Ryder and Jackson out with some things that include my father.. will you be able to get home safe? That trucker seems to have left, since his car isn't around, but still.." He says skeptically, looking around us in alert for any danger.

"I'll be fine, Cole." I grin and he seems unconvinced.

"Promise?"

"Promise." I swear to him and he nods hesitantly.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" He says reluctantly with his usual deep voice that gets my heart racing.

I nod and he places both of his hands on either side of my neck gently and puts his lips to my forehead while I hold both of his forearms, closing my eyes, enjoying the moment. He pulls away and gives me a wink and then walks away to his Mustang parked a few meters away from my own car, but not before snatching his phone from the ground from when he threw it earlier. I get into my Prius and buckle up, checking myself in the overhead mirror.

I notice how my cheeks are as red as a tomato and how my lips are permanently forced upwards into a smile that I cannot stop. I bite down on my lip and start the engine, making my car roar to life. I reverse out of the park's parking lot and zoom down the streets, looking at the time and realizing that it's nearly five o'clock.

My phone vibrates when I come to a stop at a red light. I fish my iPhone out of my pants pocket and unlock it, swiping the small arrow to the right and clicking my iMessage app. I notice how I have a message from an unknown number, but I read it anyway;

"You really bought the lie about me leaving town? My, my, Eleanor, you really are foolish. I was expecting at least someone to suspect that it was part of my plan to distract you all from the big picture. This isn't over, sweetheart. I'm just getting started, and I can promise you that you will be seeing much more of me very soon. You won't know when or where you will end up seeing me, but know that you will.

You are of use to me, so don't worry, I won't get rid of you just yet.

Just know that you are losing the game, darling. Better pick up the pace and try to catch me while you still can, before I catch you first. See you soon, Elle.

-Griffin"

I swallow the lump in my throat and hit the dashboard with the palm of my had in anger while cars behind me honk loudly, telling me to move my car while the light flashes green. I hit the gas pedal and turn my iPhone off, feeling pure anger rush through my veins.

This is just a game to him, and he's right. We're definitely losing it.

~~~~~~~~

(A/N): erm, hai.

so... i deleted the old chapter 27 because that one sucked. this one is much better.. hopefully.. but yeah, sorry for the confusion on why you couldn't read it or whatevs. anywho, i hope you all like this chapter☻

#COLEANOR (pic of how Cole kissed Eleanor on the forehead, on the side>>>)
PS: [cole is alex pettyfer,] {not paul wesley,} (even tho in the pic its paul.)

QOTD: Thoughts On Cole?

I've asked this question before, but I have been wondering what you all think of him now, and how he has changed, and what your thoughts are.☺

THANKS FOR ALL THE RAD READS. ASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKL

i love you all∞

~Morgan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Streets By Taylor

Mystery / Thriller

2.9K 78 51
They were trouble. You could just tell by looking at them. They didn't talk to anybody, besides others in the group and people in our school spread s...
140K 3.7K 72
This story follows 5 siblings living with their aunt and uncle after being abandoned by their parents. Clueless about the real world around them and...
945 20 27
• adrenaline junky biker boy with a high maintenance family meets reserved girl who works at a bakery and struggles to overcome her family trauma... •
1.5K 114 30
Scarlet just wants to be left alone and finish high school as she moved away from her home. People at her old school saw her as odd and she only had...