Skipping Rocks and Falling in...

Από InspirationXO

Rose Altkins. A broken, insecure, grief infested and emotionally damaged orphan. Such a fragile and rather de... Περισσότερα

PART ONE.
PART TWO.
PART THREE.
PART FOUR.
PART SIX.
PART SEVEN.
PART EIGHT.

PART FIVE.

2.9K 14 6
Από InspirationXO

 For a few moments, for the very first time in my life, I felt like I was actually trapped in a fairytale.

But the best of all this, was the fact that I wasn’t in this fairytale and whirlwind of emotions on my own. I was with Harry, and that made everything all the more worthwhile.

After having went through a series of complications, introductions and recollections of old yet sweet memories, here we were scattered upon the ground looking up at the sublime stars which were dancing radiantly in the sky, exhausted from this roller-coaster of a day.

“You know… they say on a really dark night like this, you can see about 1000 to 1500 stars. “ He explained, passion over the subject threading his tone of voice. “Trying to tell which is which is hard though.They say the real purpose for constellations is to help us tell which stars are which, nothing more. It’s quite interesting really if you ask me.” This time he ended knowingly, while gesticulating towards the sky in hopes that his use of pointing and swift gestures would contribute to my understanding of whatever he was droning on about.

The more I seemed to try and pay attention to his continuous ramblings, the more I got lost. Was it the harmonious sound of the silence surrounding our two figures? Was it the distracting rustling of leaves or slick creatures in the bushes gallivanting about? Was it the sound of the cold gust of late night spring air whistling through the open space? Or maybe it was the pool of darkness that we call the sky. But no, it was none of those things.

It was the sound of his voice that was distracting.

It was slowly enrapturing me.

The way his raspy tone resonated in the vacancy of the composed obscurity, ringing in my ears making me feel safe and important. The way every single word would roll off his tongue. How he spoke to me with grand determination in attempt of sparking my interest about astronomy.   And most importantly, the way every single syllable and sound would slip off of his plump lips. His voice was sweet and soft, like silk. It was rich and vibrant like the striking rays of the sunlight beating down against our faces as we were strolling down the shore line. And to be honest it could be considered just as magical as my mother’s long forest of almond brown curls. I could have just stayed there lying down while closing my eyes listening to nothing but his voice go on and on. When he spoke to me, he didn’t speak to me as if I was Rose. Rose, the girl who was always insecure. Rose who always would fake a smile on her face hoping that people will never notice the constant hurt that would be fuming and building up inside of her, ready to pour out a storm of tears. Rose, who never trusted in anyone but herself. Rose, who never believed in love or happiness.

Somehow, he changed me.

I’m no longer Rose, the shy, timid, self-conscious lonely girl. I was Lavender. That’s who I really was. My real personality. Everything that I always strived to bring out of myself. I always desired to break free from my depressing spirits in order to fulfill and bring out my true colors. My true identity and personality. I was never able to do so, having incessantly been haunted by unwanted thoughts and feelings. Feelings of disappointment from my real parents. Before meeting Harry I was just plain and boring Rose, the complete mess and wreck. Now I have finally found myself. I’m Lavender the happy, cheerful, bubbly, optimistic girl that’s full of life in which I was always meant to be. Lavender was the life character that I was always meant to portray. But instead, I would always make myself feel miserable and bury myself with hordes of memories and parts of my undesirable history. And like the happy girl I used to be, that part of me was known as history just a mere few hours ago. Up until now of course.

Harry made me feel happy.

He made me believe in myself.

He brought out the best in me.

He brought back the old me.

The happy me.

“Lavender! Are you okay..?” Harry snapped, while lightly shaking my shoulders in attempt to break me out of my reverie. His eyebrows were screwed up in confusion as his head was now hovering over mine, giving me the blessing to fully look at his handsome visage. “You’ve been staring up at the sky in silence for about 3 minutes straight.” He concluded, his lips shut tightly with concern.

“Err yeah, sorry I just… uhm thought there was…a-a bug in my eye!” I lamely replied out of uncertainty and embarrassment. Almost instantly breaking out of his worried state, Harry let out a loud, unrestrained burst of laughter completely suffocating the sound of the melodic silence that had once wrapped us up in a bundle of awe and serenity. Although I of course didn’t mind, because his laughter was not only like music to my ears, but it was also just as healing as the sound of the unbreakable silence which always seemed to be a remedy towards my dejecting conditions. 

“Okay…Okay I get it. I’m weird. I didn’t blank out because I was bored of your knowledge of astronomy.” I admitted, while finishing off with an honest smile.

“It’s actually quite interesting and impressive that you know so much. Never would have thought. I just tend to space out a lot. Might want to add that to the list of things you know about me.” I joked, while getting out of my previous sleeping position in order to sit up straight. I dragged my knees close to my chest while securely wrapping my arms around my legs in the process. I watched Harry as he did the same, looking at me goofily only to reveal his infamous playful features seconds later.

“Alright, so you write poetry, your favorite colour is white, you’re a terrible swimmer and you are definitely olympic material when it comes to skipping rocks, is there anything else I must know?” He answered, while beckoning to the imaginary list which he was unconvincingly holding.

 I raised my brow teasingly before opening my mouth to react, a huge smirk carved along the ends of my lips. “Olympic material?” 

“You get what I mean. You’re just really good. So tell me. Tell me how you’re so good. I want to know everything about you.” He slowly whispered in my ear taking me completely by surprise, allowing overwhelming shivers to descend down my back. I looked at him completely dazed to meet his mysterious smirk and I could tell by the glint of hope available in his eyes which were now fixed and concentrating deep into my own, he was being plain serious. He was now sitting so close to me, his shoulder firmly pressed on my own making my heart beat at an unhealthy rate. I took a deep breathe trying to remain calm, the playful smirk never left his face, probably because he liked the unquestionable effect he had on me. I slightly tilted my head to the side as if giving his idea sincere thought, although in truth, I didn’t fully approve of the whole “getting to know the real me” spiel. Even though I was just provoking him throughout my unlikely action of actually giving the idea thinking, he took it seriously having went down on his knees in a forlorn manner, believing that the action itself would actually lead to a positive answer towards his unrealistic expectation.

“Pleaseeeee?” He begged, dragging the end of his annoyingly desperate plead. Then came exactly what you would expect.

The freakishly hard to resist puppy dog eyes.

He just looked so innocent and vulnerable. The way he was on his knees now practically spread out in front of me, showing perseverance by trying to get me to agree. His eyes were fully and over dramatically enlarged, the twinkle of expectancy and belief reflecting right of my puzzled and envisaging expression.

I mean, what was wrong with me? Why was I so nervous and off edge around him? Why couldn’t I just have the inner strength to just let him in on some areas and secrets of my life? After all, he had shared some pretty personal information with me. He was honest. As for “Lavender”? I was anything but honest. I lied. Starting with my name. I mean, when I first decided on faking my name, the reason was pretty evident. I barely knew him at the time. Not that I full on know him now, but it was a start. Now that I look back at it now, not telling him my real name was definitely stupid and pointless. Faking my name wasn’t going to change my unfortunate past nor my hide my hard to explain personality. The thing with Harry was that even though I’ve only met him today, it felt like I’ve known him for the longest time. We just had this familiar and clearly irresistible connection. If I possibly ended up telling him about my past, would he still look at me the same way? I mean, I never judged him when he practically trampled me to the ground while soaking my shirt with tears that could fill up an ocean. I didn’t judge him when he literally yet accidentally drowned me in the lake. So why was I so scared?

So many locks and just not enough keys. So many questions and just not enough answers.

But what if I could get some answers out of him as well?

“How about this?” I openly stated, ultimately grabbing his attention as I watched his disappointed and impatient face instantly perk up at the sound of my vague proposal. His puppy dog pout had suddenly been transformed into a sly smirk almost as if he was originally very confident that he would eventually win me over.

Truth was, I had some tricks up my own sleeve.

“Carry on.” He urged, his voice soaked with curiosity and suspicion. I sent him a devious smile as I watched his eyes bore into mine challengingly.

“I’ll go on with this little plan of yours, if you agree to sing something to me.” I confidently offered as I watch his brow rise in surprise and doubt. He clearly was not expecting that. The presence of his smirk had vanished, the disappointment that my words had carried clearly chasing it off his face. His lips dipped down into an unexpected frown and after a few moments of unusual silence, I observed as the corner of his lips tugged up once again to reform his unmistakable bright smile. So bright, that it was clear on the darkest of nights.

“Fine.” He shortly replied, a confident smile splattered along his face, his cute dimples carved along his cheeks right on time. Something about those dimples just made me weak. They were as deep as an ocean yet just as wide and evident as the memory I had of Harry when I had first met him and was fascinated by his beauty.

“Deal?” I repeated shocked by his agreement. The plan wasn’t very devilish, however I was hoping that it held maybe even an ounce of some hateful or tough factor for him to strongly reject the idea. Guess not.

“Deal.” He uttered, conviction knitting his tone voice together. He brought out his arm forward, as he was still sitting in front of me. His body matching his past desperate character having been begging on his knees, yet his face now portraying an exigent and highly eager individual. My worried eyes linked with his within seconds, then the smile I knew all too well was stamped across his face and I couldn’t help but smile back. The moment was exactly like the lake incident, the twinkle in his eye transporting me back to the moment when he had his arms around my waist contributing towards my survival. When we made the deal about the winner of who could skip the most rocks. The look in his eyes back then, steady and confident yet so soft and gentle connected almost perfectly with the moment.

Connected just like a puzzle.

“Deal.”

I shook his hand firmly with the same heavy air like our old previous deal. I tried to transmit the message through the body language wondering if he was thinking about the same thing, yet his ever growing smile already answered for me. We were both aware of the events that followed after our skipping rocks misadventure. I guess we both found it better to let our thoughts play freely in our minds. After all, it was easier than speaking. But I was wrong.

About to let go from the somewhat awkward handshake, Harry got a hold of my wrist pulling me gently and swiftly closer to him. Now next to him, thanks to his strong grip he slowly leaned in next to my ear, his breathe soft and dominant against my bare skin. His whisper musically blending in with the calm waves wiping their way against the shore line almost stopping my heart beat, taking me aback.

“Don’t worry. If you drown I’ll save you.”

 He backed away from my ear while shooting me a cheeky wink. My eyes grew wide in astonishment, yet my lips managed to react for me sending him a shy smile.

I didn’t end up drowning.

At least not in the lake.

I shouldn’t have done this stupid deal in the first place. I shouldn’t have given into his charm.

Because like I presumed, I ended up drowning in nothing but tears.

I might have felt like I was living in a fairytale at the moment,

But not all fairytales have happy endings.

Mine certainly didn’t.

 ___________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTE-

I'm SO SORRY, I haven't posted in FOREVER. I've been so busy with school but now that summers finally here I found some time. The bad news though, is that I'm actually going on vacation for the WHOLE summer so I may have to put the story on hold for TWO months. I'm so sorry I didn't want for this to happen. However, I guarantee you I will be updating after considering over the break I will be writing :D ON a good note...

What do you think will happen after with Harry and "Lavender? Things are getting pretty serious and steamy between the two. Hahaha

Let me know. And as usual..

xoxo.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

669K 18.4K 31
Harry Styles has secretly been in love with Louis Tomlinson from the very first day he laid eyes on him, but Harry must keep this a secret for the ba...
38.2K 794 54
Louis has just moved to London, has no one there and just wanted to end his bad day. What happens when a certain Harry Styles, his biggest idol and c...
169K 4.3K 40
!!MATURE CONTENT!! lower case intended there will be trigger above chapters, don't want to spoil anything! you have been warned !! book cover on p...
232K 6.8K 24
Louis and Harry's parents have been married since Louis started and Harry graduated high school, making them step brothers. It's been nearly four yea...